• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion 4, 26.dec-29.dec - Big stuff

Vegard

Smash Lord
This will be too good, even though Hyrule bridge is banned in brawl for some random reason (Nanalock?) XD. "Only" three months to go^^
"walk of stage", 3D is able to chain grab the opponent off the stage...

I would also like to add that I think the new rule inspired by MLG is kinda fair, but personally I really won't support it. Simply because I don't like the idea of being at a disadvantage in a possible second set.

oh btw, Christmas wasn't originally and isn't mainly a Christian celebration. Moreover, this could somehow be reasoned by all the none religious people celebreating Christmas every year.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I think it's great that you people have opinions on the rule, whether you like it or not.
At the tournament I'll have a vote which will decide if the rule shall be used or not. I think that's the most fair thing to do :)

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
We used to use the entire MLG extended set rule in tournaments in Finland, and I never saw anything wrong with it, nor did anyone complain about it. Also I recall discussing it with Doug who also thought of it as a good rule.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Good things comes to those.. who are as awesome and vikingly as Berryman here! =D Roxxa på!

Right now they have sent out press letters to some of the largest gaming websites in Norway, so there might be some good publicity around this event.

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
I, personally, would prefer the entire MLG extended ruleset.
Ie.
Player A beats player B 3-0 in winners bracket
Player C beat player A in winners finals
Player A plays Player B again in losers finals, but loses 2-3.
Then the complete score between players A and B is still 5-3 in favor of player A.
Justice? No.
The logical thing to do would be to simply extend the set based on the previous score. That way, Player B can still win the set, but he would have to do as well as player A did in the first half of the set. There is no magic disadvantage given to player B that he alone is not responsible for, and it only makes sense that player B should have to redeem himself from his previous loss if he is to win the set.

Oh well, /2 cents.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I think the MLG extended ruleset might make the second round a player meets another hopeless for the player who lost his last set. If a player wins 3-0 against another, the other player has to win 6 times, while the first will only need to win 3 matches. Let's say those players are pretty much equal, but one of the players had a little luck the first set, and won 3-0. There's something called stamina, and I for instance, would never have enough stamina to win such a set, also you'd need to play pretty good to have a chance to win.

That's why I kinda modded the rule. It's still partly extending the set, but only by one, where the winner from last set gets his last point in favour. In that case it doesn't make it completely hopeless for the other player.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Or maybe just the oppoturnity to counterpick a neutral stage for the one who won the first set is advantage enough?

Thieum McCloud

Smash Rookie
Z0mg liek Im postin lolwhut

Two friends of mine are interested in coming and spending new year's eve in vikingland. Names are Christopher and Michael (we'll see later about nicknames). We still have a few things to check so we're not 1337% sure to come right now. Anyway, we're all going together, so I'd like to know if there's a chance of being housed at the same place :) We want to spend at least a whole week in Norway !!! ^_^

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Z0mg liek Im postin lolwhut

Two friends of mine are interested in coming and spending new year's eve in vikingland. Names are Christopher and Michael (we'll see later about nicknames). We still have a few things to check so we're not 1337% sure to come right now. Anyway, we're all going together, so I'd like to know if there's a chance of being housed at the same place :) We want to spend at least a whole week in Norway !!! ^_^
I'll talk with the other Norwegian smashers. It shouldn't be any problems with housing :)

Flikkflakk

Smash Rookie
If anyone's interested, I guess I could house up to 4 Smashers before the tourny. There's about 10 min driving to the venue from my place.

I might be able to house after the tourny aswell, but I'm afraid I might have to work some of the days.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Way to go, Flikkflakk! :)
I'll make a topic on the norwegian forums now, and check which of the Norwegian smashers who can house people before and/or after the tournament.

If you need housing, it'll be good if you mention it in this thread :)

Thieum McCloud

Smash Rookie
Ok, STILL NOT 100% SURE, but we (Chris, Mika, Link_enfant and I) are currently thinking about going to Milan, Italy by car on the 25th, visiting the town, and flying from there to Oslo on the 26th.

Mika, Chris and I would like to be housed at the same place because we're planning on visiting Oslo more than playing. Same goes for Fragmads (he's also willing to visit your awesome country, though he's a bit more of a gamer than my two friends =p).

Flikkflakk >>> Do you mind housing 4 people who will spend most of their time into town after the tourney ? I think that wouldn't be bad since you won't be at home all the time :) Tell me if not playing smash 24/7 bothers you or not.
As for our departure, we don't really know yet, if no more flight is scheduled and if we stick with going to Milan and all, we should leave on the 2nd or the 4th.

EDIT
Or maybe the 5th because prices are 3 times lower x_x Oh well I have to discuss with my friends because we don't want to go back too late (exams...), but it also depends on you (or the person housing us) of course

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Well, since I'm supposed to come and leave with Thieum and his friends, I'll need housind for the same dates. Anyway, I think I'll want to play smash (Melee ftw) more than visiting the town (but I'll do it, of course :bee: ), so it would be fine if I can be housed somewhere else.
Tonb3rry maybe ? :)

Fragmads

Smash Rookie
Yep ^^
(I'm coming from the meet&greet thread, so i'm totally new on the forum xD)
Thieum speak for me, i'll prefer visit oslo and norway than geeking all the day, but i hardly never say no to a smash game ;)
So if Flikkflakk accept people with long hair in his house, it will be a pleasure ^_^
Think we will have a nice Nyttårsdag (Thanks wikipedia xD)
I'm not fully confirming that i will come, but really want to ;)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
^Just thought I should add that it might take 35-40 minutes to Oslo each way from Eidsvoll, which means that it also will cost about 110NOK each way as well. Maybe we could go together to Oslo one of the days after SR4. I think Porc and Salepate would like to see the city as well. The fastest train to Oslo is Larvik, if you take the kongsberg train, it might take almost an hour.

Link_Enfant: I'll check it out. Should be no problem, though.

Edit: I can't house for longer than to 1-2 January, if I can house someone.

Flikkflakk

Smash Rookie
Ok, STILL NOT 100% SURE, but we (Chris, Mika, Link_enfant and I) are currently thinking about going to Milan, Italy by car on the 25th, visiting the town, and flying from there to Oslo on the 26th.

Mika, Chris and I would like to be housed at the same place because we're planning on visiting Oslo more than playing. Same goes for Fragmads (he's also willing to visit your awesome country, though he's a bit more of a gamer than my two friends =p).

Flikkflakk >>> Do you mind housing 4 people who will spend most of their time into town after the tourney ? I think that wouldn't be bad since you won't be at home all the time :) Tell me if not playing smash 24/7 bothers you or not.
As for our departure, we don't really know yet, if no more flight is scheduled and if we stick with going to Milan and all, we should leave on the 2nd or the 4th.

EDIT
Or maybe the 5th because prices are 3 times lower x_x Oh well I have to discuss with my friends because we don't want to go back too late (exams...), but it also depends on you (or the person housing us) of course
Sorry for the late reply. I'm 100% sure I can house you guys after the tourny for as long as you want. Please add me at MSN: flikkflakk_raatass@msn.com

Edit: Wtf, something random happened here :p Fixed.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Since I plan to leave with Thieum and his friends, I would like to know if someone could house me from 26th to 5th, or at least from 2th to 5th, if I'm housed with Tonb3rry until 2th. Thanks :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Since I plan to leave with Thieum and his friends, I would like to know if someone could house me from 26th to 5th, or at least from 2th to 5th, if I'm housed with Tonb3rry until 2th. Thanks :)
Flikkflakk told me that he got space to house 4 foreigners, which means that he got space for you, Thieum and his friends :) And unlike me, he said he could house you for as long as you want after the tourney (I'd love to do that too, but I can't).
He's living like 7 mins away from my place(by car), so the foreigners I house and I might come for a visit. :)

Vegard

Smash Lord
so will any of the good dutchies come to this? they should definately be interested, due to the crazy *** money prize rewarded

porc

Smash Journeyman
4ever (a French smasher) would very much like to come, and he asked me to ask you if he could be housed for a week ?

Note : He has a really bad English so he prefers to be housed with other Frenches (if this is possible).

Thanks for him !

Thieum McCloud

Smash Rookie
There have been a few changes since my two friends (Mika and Chris) are not coming after all, so Link_enfant, Frag and I booked our flight with Norwegian:

26/12 (Friday)
Nice - Oslo Gardermoen
1.20pm - 4.25pm

04/01 (Sunday)
Oslo Gardermoen - Nice
7.45am - 10.55am

Thanks for the housing flikkflakk :)

porc >>> 4ever will probably be housed with the three of us at flikkflakk's, but now he needs to find a way to come

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i got a question guys

"If you're traveling with Ryanair, and arriving at Torp, you have to take the bus to Oslo Bus Terminal, then go to
Oslo S, then you take the Eidsvoll-train to Eidsvoll Verk(which is the first station after Gardermoen).

Entrance fee: 250NOK/41$(The entrance fee includes all tournaments).
Remember that Norway ONLY use Norwegian Kroner(no Euros and such)"

How much is the travel going to cost me altogether if I decide to go? I'll be using ryanair so for the bus + trains?
Either I come to norway on wednesday and someone houses me (there's no flights on thursday) or I'd have to miss the 64 tourney and come late on friday =( I really enjoy playing 64 since I'm good at it

It looks to me this trip is going to cost me at least £50-60 travelling, £20-30 tournament costs and food :/

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Fuzzyboy: Sandefjord(torp) is far away from everything, despite the flight prices to get there.

The traveling from sandefjord to Eidsvoll Verk:
- It is like 110km to Oslo from sandefjord (1h and 50mins) - 150NOK (if you buy a "there and back"-ticket at the bus when you go to Oslo). The bus company is called Torp-ekspessen

- From the Bus Terminal, you walk like 5 minutes to get to Oslo S, there you take the Eidsvoll Train to Eidsvoll Verk. This trip will cost like 100NOK and take like 45 minutes.

Yeah, I know: Norway is the most expensive country in the world >_>

So in total:
- Your traveling from the Airport to Eidsvoll Verk will cost you about 250NOK each way.
- The traveling time from the airport will be like 2h and 30min.

Edit: Housing should be no problem btw.

Top Bottom