• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers in the Phillipines?

Touk

Smash Journeyman
Do any of you exist? I'm going there for a month and would like to not LOSE my smash. Post here on where you are in the PI. So I can see if I can get to you during my stay. Thnx.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
When are you going? If it's anywhere from august to september then hopefully you can find any time to smash. ANYTIME. If it's 2 am and I gotta face some filipino demons to get to your place, I will do it.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
Demon smashers have the best smash. I'm telling you. But anyway *bumps thread* do any of you filipino smashers exist??

According to the peach registry there is at least one. So why not post on this thread?

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Touk said:
Demon smashers have the best smash. I'm telling you. But anyway *bumps thread* do any of you filipino smashers exist??

According to the peach registry there is at least one. So why not post on this thread?
Pinoy Ako! I'm not really from the Philippines...Well, there are a bunch of pinoy smashers (my local smashing group there are like 5 of us) but I don't know if there are many of us. According to my friend who had went there recently, they're mostly into Ps2 and PC. Noypi = Pinoy.. some people don't notice that T_T.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, Nice to know that here are some flips out there smashing. But I'm going back to the homeland to visit some family and isht. And I mean even bad players are better than playing level 9's. I'm just trying to find anyone/anywhere in the PI to smash with.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You'd have to find like, a filipino gamers forum to look for them if they aren't responding here.
This is precisely why I told my Dad I don't want to go move with him to the Philipines in a couple of years.

Darkfire Marth

Smash Apprentice
Fil - Am ako! :)

You're right about PS2 and PC being the only major gaming platforms here in the Ph. The real reason for that is mainly because of piracy, where you can buy fake PS2 games and PC games for 100 pesos (approx 2 US dollars). As for the guy who didn't wanna move here, there's a lot of other great things to do.

I live in south Metro Manila, in the Muntinlupa area if you're looking for someone to smash with.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Fil - Am ako! :)

You're right about PS2 and PC being the only major gaming platforms here in the Ph. The real reason for that is mainly because of piracy, where you can buy fake PS2 games and PC games for 100 pesos (approx 2 US dollars). As for the guy who didn't wanna move here, there's a lot of other great things to do.

I live in south Metro Manila, in the Muntinlupa area if you're looking for someone to smash with.
I know there's alot more going on in the Philipines - At least compared to the desert island I call home. I love going to the Philipines, but I have my doubts about staying there.

Unless you can reccommend a good Games Development college -> Then maybe you probably will win me over.

EDIT: Also you're right about piracy lol. In the Philipines there's a store operating under Nintendo's name and they don't even have any ties to Nintendo. What suprises me is how they haven't been sued by Nintendo yet.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
*BUMP* C'mon guys, PM me so we can set up some smashfests, I already got you knickknacks, but DARKFIRE MARTH where are you?!!!!!!?!??!??!?!!!!

Knickknacks

Smash Journeyman
So far the day we can play is on the 8th of september. during these weeks of august i gotta do well on my studies :(

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles

Yo i am filipino ... ahh BAKLA KA! :chuckle:

RobertZombie

Smash Cadet
kinda late (1 year?? lols) but this is not the thread where Pro Pinoy smashers hang.... sadly

Look up Pinoy-n.com if you want a bit of competition in the philipines

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Pinoy smashers have the best mains, I main FOX! But I'm more Melee than Brawl.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Pinoy smashers have the best mains, I main FOX! But I'm more Melee than Brawl.
Hehe, pretty nice, I main Falcon and Pichu on Melee (KDJ style hehe)

BTW, You got Brawl+ ?

PS: Go to Pinoy-N to get lots of pinoy friendcodes (just hope they're competitive and not casual)

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, pretty nice, I main Falcon and Pichu on Melee (KDJ style hehe)

BTW, You got Brawl+ ?

PS: Go to Pinoy-N to get lots of pinoy friendcodes (just hope they're competitive and not casual)
Nah, to be honest I don't have Brawl at all. I just play it at a mates house, I have Melee though and cool&1/2 I used to main Falcon, I'm into Bowser at the moment. Also, yeah I see what you mean.

It's really uncommon to find Pinoy smashers, even here in Australia too.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
IS PHILIPPINE SMASH DEAD!?!?!?
PEOPLE AT PINOY-N ARE JUST THAT MUCH OF AN ***!!
SRSLY, can we have a pro community HERE!??!

sorry for all caps, I'm really pissed that they are calling people tourney***s at the Pinoy-N site... :mad:

shir0kami

Smash Rookie
Resurrecting this thread with a new post.
I just joined smash boards recently in light of the upcoming game.

I am rather curious if we have a local Smash scene?
Like competitive scene, weekly casuals/ranbats/tournaments and stuff like that?
I'm looking around various local groups like pinoy-n, pinoy-3ds and the like...
I am curious though if these guys would want to be more than casual at the game.

Reason I am asking is because I would totally want to hype/build the local smash community.
I regularly play in tournaments for fighting games like guilty gear, Persona 4 Arena, blazblue, skull girls.
I also assist in running fighting game tournaments locally.
Friday nights are usually fighting game casuals nights for me.

Someone please... please... please... tell me that a local smash scene exists, or if there are players here who'd want to start building it.

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
We don't have those stuff here. Philippines is more of a Tekken country, with the PS dominance here.
I'd like to help building a community here, though.

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
Where in the Philippines do you live?
I'm living in Dasma, so there's quite a bit of distance between me and Manila, where most of you seem to be living.

shir0kami

Smash Rookie
Hi! wasn't checking this thread so often
That was actually us :)
I was the one recording.
I wanted to have a better setup for recording sadly the one with the recorder wasn't able to make it so I had to resort yo just using my camera.
We were only a small group of 6 that day so we decided to go with round robin instead of double elims.
I plan on making a nicer event, better location, better production, better recording, better promotion.
Most likely by December for the holiday season.
I truly want to grow and gather the community. We're truly hoping that more members would show up. If you have a scene brewing in the south some of use would be willing to make the trip for a smashing weekend.
@aidebit have you already checked out the SmashBroshPH facebook page?
If you are there just introduce yourself again as someone I met on smash boards

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
Yup, already joined like a few months ago, that's how I got that video.

And I'd be hype for any tourney occurring at all in the Philippines.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I lived in the Philippines from 2011 to June 2013. Shame there wasn't a group when I was there... I was looking hard. You'll find me in the Smash. Bros. Documentary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom