• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCAP 2: Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Ninja'd...veryyyyyy slowlyyy ninja'd.

This gets my vote until someone makes something else, because it fits the stat spread perfectly and works well with our ideal movepool. I always hated the idea of dead trees. >.> The only thing that could 1up this would be something that also works well with the abilities, since neither of them work well with pumpkins (...I've said all this before).
Verrrry slowly indeed.

Here's Pumpkinmon, by the way:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Submission for Art Concept Poll

Code:
      ,;MMMM..                                     
   ,;:MM"MMMMM.                                   
,;.MM::M.MMMMMM:                                   
""::.;'MMMMMMMMM                                   
       "'""MMMMM;                                 
           ':MMMM.                                 
            'MMMM;                                 
             :MMMM;.                               
              MMMMMM;...                           
              MMMMMMMMMMMMM;.;..                   
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...               
              MMMMMM:MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM;...       ..: 
              MMMMMM;MMMMMMMMMMMMM:MMMMMMM:MMMM:M 
              :MMMMMM:MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.:::;:::;;:' 
              ':MMMMMMM:MMMM:;MM:M;.MMM:';::M:'   
               ':MMMMMM;M;;MM;::M;;::::;MM:""     
                 'MMMMMMMM;M;:::MMMMMMMMMM"       
                  ''MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"         
                     ':MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"'         
                       '':MMMMMMMMMMM"'           
                          ':MMMMMM""'             
                             :                     
                            ::                     
                       ,..;.M'                     
                      ,;;MM:'                     
                        '"'

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think the Jack-o'-Lantern looks like a Digimon, tbh. I'm not bashing your work or anything, it's a great work of art; I especially like the eyes. To me it looks like it would fit better in Digimon, is all.
how's it look like a digimon, the eyes?

Octave

Smash Ace
how's it look like a digimon, the eyes?
Well from my experiences with different MMOs and other games, dead plants usually have the eyes that you gave your particular piece. I was saying that I especially liked the eyes on it, not that the eyes make it look like a Digimon.

The way I see it is that most (if not all, correct me if I'm wrong) Pokemon are some variation of animals. I want to say that Digimon pulls from a broader spectrum of nature, but I haven't been quite in touch with Digimon since the first and second seasons so a statement like that could be completely inaccurate.

tl;dr Pokemon seem to coincide moreso with animals than plants.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
The way I see it is that most (if not all, correct me if I'm wrong) Pokemon are some variation of animals.
Vileplume, Victreebel, Roselia, and Jumpluff, just to name a few plant-based Pokemon off the top of my head. If we want to move even farther, Rotom is based around household appliances/ball lightning.

EDIT: Samurai'd!

And even though it's true that the general trend for most Pokemon is to be based around animals, that doesn't mean that it should prevent us from making Pokemon around the things that aren't.

I thought you were basing that statement on how the shape of its jaw makes it look like it could talk o_O (since Digimon generally have large mouths, at least I remember them having them).

JOE!

Smash Hero
*looks at abilities*

immunity could fit due to the whole ghost part...

shield dust...hmm...

Spire

III
BRoomer
JOE, I like your concept a lot and I think I may make something based off of it soon.

The only thing wrong thus far with the designs are how unoriginal they feel for Pokemon. Pokemon typically have their own look, apart from the majority of other series (no matter how similar, even Digimon). The latest tree design that Mewter posted reminds me instantly of a foe from Bomberman Hero, and Woodmon and Cherrymon.

I'll see what I can do.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
As stated, I like the ideas but seems that they lack the unique essence that each Pokemon contains.

In the pumpkins case it does look more a bit like Digimon than Pokemon, but we'll see..

-Terywj

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

its not that great but.....yea.... its a pokemon i made a while ago, im surprised your description met mine, special using ghost/grass. oh and those thingys on its neck are supposed to be autumn leaves -_-

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
XD
it was supposed to look a little bulkier but meh its FIRIN ITS LAZOR!
Besides, its a special attacker, I figured id show it....special attacking XD

JOE!

Smash Hero
also, just for lulz (even if it isnt the right thread) if my pumpkin gets passed, it should be able to learn flamethrower.

y'know...jackoLANTERN

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I wanna say that submissions should be done by Tuesday, but I haven't seen anything from IC3R, who wanted to submit something/

Or should we all just wait a bit more? This is the artwork stage, after all.

-Terywj

Octave

Smash Ace
So are submissions due by Tuesday or are you pushing it back? I can try my hand at it. I've got some ideas floating around that will probably come to fruition sometime in Psychology class.

Octave

Smash Ace
I've got a concept that I put down on paper and then realized I don't have a scanner anyway.

Possessed Voodoo Doll thing.

Description would be something along the lines of: "An ancient doll brought to life by the spiteful ghost of a Pokemon. Its dark energy can be felt from a distance."

I put puppeteer strings and the wooden cross (dunno what it's called) on it but now they look wrong. It would probably evolve into a Scarecrow or something?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Banette is a disposed doll which came back to life via revenge / grudge. =\

And unfortunately Cacturne occupies the scarecrow region.

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't think I'm submitting anything else; the ghost orchid fairy and tree monster are it for me. Unless something else comes to mind, but I'll be able to get it done on time if it does. :)

I think Spire and IC3R were the only ones we you wre waiting on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom