• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Upgraded

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Try clearing your cache and cookies for Smashboards. There might be a conflict from the old server

I like the recolors, but is it possible to do something back in the MLG ownership days. Smashboards Ruby (Roy), Sapphire (Marth), and Emerald(Link) forum skins were amazing.

Or maybe that already exists, but as perks for premium/current mods.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm curious about the gif avatars. How do I get mine to work? Is there a limit on frames?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Is Friend Finder in the works at all or at this point in Brawl's life would it be useless?
A chat?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Although friend finder may no longer be useful, an irc channel would be a very great addition to this website.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Right? Only time in recent memory that I've seen one is when the site was down during the transfer (not the attacks).

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
A question. I want to change the title of my OP in a thread I created and used to be able to by clicking edit and then more options. Now there is no option. I have discussed this with a number of colleagues and we cannot find the answer so any answer would be nice.

Cyberpunk420

Banned via Warnings
lmao more like downgraded, the site looks like **** now. way to go above and beyond; fixing **** that is not broken, as usual.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
A question. I want to change the title of my OP in a thread I created and used to be able to by clicking edit and then more options. Now there is no option. I have discussed this with a number of colleagues and we cannot find the answer so any answer would be nice.
We're working on that. For now you'll just have to ask a moderator or administrator to change it for you.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I'm still wondering about the typing speed on mobile devices. It seems to run very slow still. I see myself typing and I'm losing whole words for some reason. I'll type out "currently" and it'll come out as "cly", dropping everything in-between.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I'm still wondering about the typing speed on mobile devices. It seems to run very slow still. I see myself typing and I'm losing whole words for some reason. I'll type out "currently" and it'll come out as "cly", dropping everything in-between.
This is kind of a per case thing. If anything, try turning off the Rich Text Editor in your preferences.

On my phone for example, if I use mobile Chrome, the text editor is laggy with the Rich Text Editor on or off, but slightly less laggy with it off. If I use the default 'Internet' app on my phone, there's no lag at all with the Rich Editor off, but it's super super laggy when it's on.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I messed with some settings last night. Let me know if the boards seem slower or faster

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Besides the social groups being down, I found these two issues:
- Avatars seem to be cropped when viewed on a user profile pop-up window. They also appear smaller in the full profile page. I should also mention that this issue only appeared sometime after the upgrade.
- It's impossible for users to change their thread's titles. Mods seem to be able to do it, though.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Besides the social groups being down, I found these two issues:
- Avatars seem to be cropped when viewed on a user profile pop-up window. They also appear smaller in the full profile page. I should also mention that this issue only appeared sometime after the upgrade.
- It's impossible for users to change their thread's titles. Mods seem to be able to do it, though.
First is fixed is most cases, have one last one to tweak. Second thing should have been fixed a day or two ago

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
First is fixed is most cases, have one last one to tweak. Second thing should have been fixed a day or two ago
I see. Thanks for the reply.

The avatars seem to be showing fully on the profile pop-ups, even though they appear smaller than they used to. And did you mean that the thread title editing issue has been fixed? Strange, because I can't still edit my threads' titles.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
And those negatives are...?

If there are any, I doubt they'd outweigh the positives.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'd also like to know some of the negatives. I can't imagine what would be so bad that it justifies their removal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm curious as well.

They seem like an odd thing to remove at this point.

Is it because of money and/or space and computing issues?

Top Bottom