• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Upgraded

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashers,

Over the previous evening Smashboards was upgraded to the latest version of Xenforo. There are numerous changes coming with this update - full details outlined here.

An excerpt of the changes/new additions:
Some have likely noticed that things are currently missing, such as postbit icons. We are planning to restore nearly all the previous features of the site, but also install some new ones now that we are on the latest version of Xenforo. Additionally, things will look a bit awkward/skewed until we finish tweaking the skin and adding/changing those little things that require more pointed attention.

A huge thanks is owed to Warchamp7 for helping with the installation and upgrade - if you have a moment, give him a follow on twitter.com/warchamp7.

Thanks!
-AlphaZealot

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I like the new Smashboards so far, but are social groups and spoiler tags returning?
Those are very helpful I feel.

V-K

Smash Ace
I was wondering why the "Events" tab is no longer there. That was a pretty useful thing.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I love this new feature! Very helpful. It took me awhile one day to find a mod online to ask a question, so this is great, thanks so much.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can you make it a bit narrower? It's kinda awkward as it is now. Plus you gotta fit in those vertical ads for the site running monies.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Can't say I'm a fan, but I won't judge until you guys finish the tweaking. I hope that you will work on the Ruby skin because it was my favorite and right now it's a complete mess.

Zoler

Smash Ace
I like the general design a lot but I feel like posts kind of blend together a bit too easy, maybe it's just me. With a lot of text and stuff it feels really cluttered.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I love it. But there are some things missing.

I love the new mobile support and everything else added. It is very convenient. It looks like you guys are working hard to implement everything missing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I accessed SWF from my new phone and thought this was just the mobile skin. Well this is interesting, although it looks slicker at least.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Can you make it a bit narrower? It's kinda awkward as it is now. Plus you gotta fit in those vertical ads for the site running monies.
lol, thanks for reminding me to turn adblock off on the forums, don't wanna be that guy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Liking the borders on the sides.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
im getting more used to it the more i use it, i just hope we get main icons again
Definitely, just a matter of doing it. Gonna take a little time.

For fun though I just added like three more colour schemes.

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
omg what the **** is this? why is the default font so large and gross? why are the social media icons larger than the sun?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
You want tables?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

sǝlqɐʇ|ɹnoʎ|sǝɹǝɥ

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Technical difficulties with that add on, gonna be working on getting it back.

Top Bottom