• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Sponsors Paragon Orlando 2015

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Bellevue, WA - Smashboards, the world's largest site dedicated to Super Smash Brothers and home of the competitive Smash community with over 170,000 members, has reached a sponsorship deal with Versus Gaming Center for the event Paragon Orlando 2015. Smashboards will provide an additional $500 in funds as part of the sponsorship deal and will help promote the event through its social media network.​

Paragon Orlando 2015 is the last event in the Apex 2015 qualifier season, which Smashboards is partnering with, and will determine which players earn some of the last few bracket spots for the event. More than 400 unique players have registered for the tournament, which will take place in Orlando on January 17th and 18th. This includes 239 players for Super Smash Brothers Melee, 181 for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U, and 122 for Project M. Paragon Orlando 2015 will also be holding a League of Legends tournament which 56 players have registered for. Three streams will be available during the weekend:
More information regarding the event can be found on the Smashboards event page or on the Versus Gaming Center website. The total prize pool across all events exceeds $7,000.

Last edited:

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Hopefully at least PM top 8 is streamed.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Damn, Nintendo is really flexing on Apex to smother PM to death through lack of exposure. Too bad for the PM players.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I'll be watching both Melee and Sm4sh. I'm surprised PM isn't here, unless Nintendo is sponsoring this. It could also be that the tournament isn't big enough to host more games than just these three.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
But can't Nintendo just say the mod is okay? Why won't they just accept that the mod is good, has a community, and can bring money in.
NO! cuz thats saying they approve of people hacking there ****. making all warrenty invalid. Its the proffesionalism that matters most.
Nintendo as a company cannot publicly incourage that.

also they think its pm is amazing thats why they have not C&D it yet cuz they like it. but once again they cannot say from a legal stand point that they accept it.

SSP Trip

Smash Rookie
NO! cuz thats saying they approve of people hacking there ****. making all warrenty invalid. Its the proffesionalism that matters most.
Nintendo as a company cannot publicly incourage that.

also they think its pm is amazing thats why they have not C&D it yet cuz they like it. but once again they cannot say from a legal stand point that they accept it.
Sadly so true

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
List of notable SSBM players attending:
M2K
Armada
Hungrybox
Leffen
Axe
Colbol
Lucky
Westballz
Plup
MacD
Shroomed
SFAT
Wizzrobe
s0ft
Zhu
Gahtzu
Cactuar
Gravy
mikeHAZE
Harriet
Blea Gelo
Laudandus
dizzkidboogie
Eikelmann
RockCrock
Porkchops
HugS

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
The reason why people think Nintendo wants to kill PM, is because they are sponsoring Apex but not actually doing ANYTHING. Almost every big tournament turns into an Apex qualifier, so no Project M is streamed.

shout out to DFW for being the only place to stream project M and have Amazing players

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
At least this tourney have a room for everyone. You got Smash 4, Melee and PM.
End of Rage Comments. Except one thing, not stream PM, Is weird.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
The reason why people think Nintendo wants to kill PM, is because they are sponsoring Apex but not actually doing ANYTHING. Almost every big tournament turns into an Apex qualifier, so no Project M is streamed.

shout out to DFW for being the only place to stream project M and have Amazing players
Yessssss

Keman

Smash Apprentice
Um....... what about Xanadu with people like Junebug, boss, seagull joe or whoever?

and even better and my fav what about Nebulous with people like Gallo, Vans, Eli, Gurukid, Frozen, DJnintendo, maybe Emukiller, and others????

sure DWF with Sethlon, Oracle, and whoever is awesome and I love watching them but they are not the only PM stream with great players.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Um....... what about Xanadu with people like Junebug, boss, seagull joe or whoever?

and even better and my fav what about Nebulous with people like Gallo, Vans, Eli, Gurukid, Frozen, DJnintendo, maybe Emukiller, and others????

sure DWF with Sethlon, Oracle, and whoever is awesome and I love watching them but they are not the only PM stream with great players.
s@x is lame to be honest, though they have good players. S@X and Nebulous both have inconsistent players.

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
I saw "Bellevue, WA" and misread "Paragon Orlando" as "Portland Oregon" and got my hopes up.

It's the OPPOSITE end of the country! Why is Bellevue even mentioned?

~A sad, broke Washingtonian

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
sorry for being a jerk
idk what I'm talking about. there are tons of consistent players, just some are inconsistent

Keman

Smash Apprentice
yeah and I don't think DJnintendo has lost a single tournament he has been to for 3.5 but I could be wrong. either way looks like P. Pro might be giving him a loss Sunday at FlexZone (but maybe DJ can pull it out!)

Top Bottom