• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Guide Contest Winners!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Toward the end of 2014 Smashboards launched the Guide system. As part of the launch, we held a contest for members to vote on the best guide! With all of the sponsorships in January (BEAST V, Paragon Orlando 2015, and Apex 2015) we were delayed in announcing the winners...until today! Congratulations to @ CunningKitsune CunningKitsune , @ Captain Zack Captain Zack , @Sethlon, and @POOB for getting the most votes in our Guide Contest!

You can check out the winning guides below.
  1. @ CunningKitsune CunningKitsune ($100 prize) - Guide to Ace Arwing Pilot Fox McCloud
  2. @ Captain Zack Captain Zack ($50 prize) - A Guide To The Powerful Princess Zelda
  3. @Sethlon ($25 prize) - Playing with Ph1r3
  4. @POOB ($25 prize) - Donkey Kollege
We'll have more contests for cash prizes in the future! To get a head start, check out the Guide section - which just crossed the 200 guide threshold! This is the number 1 place on the internet to get information on characters in Super Smash Brothers - if you are looking to create a guide there is no better place to get feedback, be reviewed, and have discussion on your work. Every guide that gets created auto-generates a discussion thread in the corresponding character specific forum - making it a great way to get exposure!

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Good to see that the most informative guide got first. Also really happy to see a good bit of PM representation. POOB and Sethlon did an excellent job explaining they're respective character's neutral game.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
And with that, the production of guides drastically decreased.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
It's a good thing, though. Now the only people who are going to make a guide will actually just make a guide because they want to, not for money. Maybe there will be less crap on the guide section now.
This statement is actually very true. I mean when I was making my Bowser and Jigglypuff guides, I'll be completley honest and say I really wanted to try and help people how you dominate with this character a little bit. It's a true statement that Bowser is a low-tier character in PM, and I, the Bowser main, think that's absolute bullcrap. He has superarmor to abuse, he can reach high heights with his ground pound cancel, and that F-Smash is Falcon-Punch-Level ridiculous. I really wanted to try and teach people how I use him, though my guide currently for that is average at best. I'm going to have to revamp that guide sometime. But overall, yeah. We need people who know the kicks and works and frame data of the games to make the guides, and by this point any guide made by them will be a blessing.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
ty everyone! c: it really means a lot to me and everyone that our hard work really paid off. even though it already did with helping out you guys! thank you

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Those who won definitely deserve the winnings! Congrats!

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Thought Jerm would rank in top 4. His guide on Shulk is pretty neat. Good job everyone.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
On one hand, it's great to see so many new guides be made because of this.

On the other, I can't help but wonder how much of the results was a popularity contest...

Last edited:

TehGuitarLord

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slice_O_Pie
3DS FC
1203-9544-5962
On one hand, it's great to see so many new guides be made because of this.

On the other, I can't help but wonder how much of the results was a popularity contest...
I wouldn't say it's a popularity contest at all. 1. The only user of the 4 that I have heard of is Sethlon. 2. Have you looked at these guides? I know the winner is melee fox, but considering how much info there is, how much of it is helpful, and how much of this dude's life making that guy probably took out of him makes that guide absolutely deserving of number 1. 3. It's not like uou see too many DKs and Zeldas in tournaments. 4. The diminishing popularity of PM (despite how much i love that game only playing it once) and the fact that a PM won shows that it's not popularity based.

Please emphasize on how it's a popularity contest.

Top Bottom