• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: YouTuber Throwdown (Current Job: Classic and Modern Stages)

Whose control scheme should we pick

• BlustersBest's Control Scheme

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Qwerty UIOP's Control Scheme

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Voting time is over! Here are our results!

The Rewinder - 5 votes
Wilford Warfstache - 5 votes
The Shark Family - 2 votes

It's decided, The Rewinder and Wilford Warfstache are our first assists! Congrats to myself and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 ! Also since most people gravitate toward KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's idea for summoning assists, that will be how we summon them.

Now onto the next jobs:

Job 8 and 9: Submit a classic and/or modern fighter

A YouTuber is considered Classic if they were popular from 2005 to 2014 and a modern character is if they were popular from 2015 onwards

Have fun!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Classic: Nigahiga

Nigahiga was once the most subscribed youtuber on the platform and is still very popular so adding him just makes sense. His moveset could revolve around some of his old sketches

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Classic Character: The Angry Video Game Nerd

One of the many staples of Classic YouTube and one of the few YouTubers to have a game and/or a movie/T.V. show, AVGN seems like the perfect fit

Modern Character: Tommyinnit

Most popular for his Minecraft videos and his role on the Dream SMP

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Voting time is over! Here are our results!

The Rewinder - 5 votes
Wilford Warfstache - 5 votes
The Shark Family - 2 votes

It's decided, The Rewinder and Wilford Warfstache are our first assists! Congrats to myself and KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 ! Also since most people gravitate toward KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's idea for summoning assists, that will be how we summon them.

Now onto the next jobs:

Job 8 and 9: Submit a classic and/or modern fighter

A YouTuber is considered Classic if they were popular from 2005 to 2014 and a modern character is if they were popular from 2015 onwards

Have fun!
Job #8:

Character Name: Annoying Orange
Character Origin: October 9, 2009

He might be intensely annoyingand the literal embodiment of everything you hate about the early 2010s, but Annoying Orange is undeniably an important character in the history of YouTube, and admittedly an orange would be quite a fun thing to try and work with in terms of moveset creation. There's hardly a lack of media to pull from either, as he's had a long-running channel, various comics, a Cartoon Network show, and various video games.

Job #9:

Character Name: Nexpo
Character Origin: May 3, 2017

Whilst Nexpo doesn't have as much to pull from in terms of external media, I think that a representative of internet mysteries and modern urban legends would be very fitting for this sort of game - though I came very close to unironically submitting ****ing Chills, I think Nexpo has more potential by sticking with some concepts and ideas he's covered. I personally like to imagine him playing a little like Lovely Sweet Dream, the LSD: Dream Emulator character modded into Rivals - a really confusing, weird, and slightly unsettling character that is intended less to embody Nexpo the man, but more so Nexpo the idea.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Submission time is over!

• Classic Fighters:
    • Nigahiga (Champion of Hyrule)
    • The Angry Video Game Nerd (Me)
    • Annoying Orange (KneeofJustice99)
  • Modern Fighters:
    • Tommyinnit (Me)
    • Nexpo (KneeofJustice99)
Vote for your Top Two Classic Fighters and self-vote in last and/or Vote for only one of the Modern Fighters and don’t self vote

Only One Fighter from each category will make it in

Have fun!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Submission time is over!

• Classic Fighters:
    • Nigahiga (Champion of Hyrule)
    • The Angry Video Game Nerd (Me)
    • Annoying Orange (KneeofJustice99)
  • Modern Fighters:
    • Tommyinnit (Me)
    • Nexpo (KneeofJustice99)
Vote for your Top Two Classic Fighters and self-vote in last and/or Vote for only one of the Modern Fighters and don’t self vote

Only One Fighter from each category will make it in

Have fun!
1. AVGN. An almost necessary addition.
2. Nigahiga. I think he'd a good representation for classic YouTube too, but AVGN is just... so much more iconic.

As for modern, I'm going to go for Tommyinnit purely because they're not mine - I don't really know who Tommyinnit is but they seem relatively popular so there's that :)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. AVGN. An almost necessary addition.
2. Nigahiga. I think he'd a good representation for classic YouTube too, but AVGN is just... so much more iconic.

As for modern, I'm going to go for Tommyinnit purely because they're not mine - I don't really know who Tommyinnit is but they seem relatively popular so there's that :)
If you don’t know who he is, I’ll link you a playlist later for Tommyinnit

Anyway now for voting:

1. Annoying Orange
  2. AVGN

1. Nexpo

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Voting time is over! here’s the results:

• Classic:
    • Angry Video Game Nerd - 9 votes
    • Nigahiga / Annoying Orange - 3 votes
  • Modern:
    • Nexpo - 3 votes
    • Tommyinnit - 2 votes

AVGN and Nexpo are our newest fighters! Congrats to myself and Kneeofjustice99!

Now onto gameplay:

Job 11 and 12: Submit a move set for Pewdiepie and Markiplier

You only have to focus on the neutral, side, up and down specials for now because we haven’t figured out how super moves will work.

Have fun!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Since no one else is taking a crack on this, I'll keep it open for two more days. Anyways here's my attempt at a moveset
  • Pewdiepie Moveset:
    • Brofist(Neutral) - A chargable punch similar to Falcon Punch
    • Maya Ride(Side) - Will summon Maya(who Pewds rides) who will lunges towards opponents
    • Do it like '85(Up) - Will summon a barrel that he and other players can jump on
    • DUCK!(Down) - Similar to Shulk's counterattack, but he replaces himself with a duck to prevent damage
    • Tier list rating: B+
  • Markiplier Moveset:
    • Flashlight(Neutral) - Pulls out a Flashlight that will stun opponents(References his letsplays of FNAF)
    • Tiny Box Tim(Side) - Will take Tiny Box Tim and throw him at opponents
    • Robo - Chica(Up) - Summons Robo - Chica(From Subscribe and Smash) who acts as a platform for a while before disappearing
    • Markiplier Punch(Down) - Imagine the Mark punching the camera meme but towards opponents
    • Tier List Rating: A

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
My movesets wins by default!

Job 13 and 14: Submit a classic and a modern stage

Classic is from 2005 to 2014 and modern is 2015 onwards

Have fun!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Classic Stage: Video Game High School
Screenshot 2022-05-24 3.55.57 PM.png

Based on the popular series by RocketJump. Takes place in the school cafeteria, which then morphs into a video game setting(most likely the side view of a FPS game)
Modern Stage: The Entire World I Guess (Bill Wurtz)
Screenshot 2022-05-22 2.26.11 PM.png

Think of Battlefield from Smash Bros in Wurtz's memorable art style and you get "The Entire World"... I Guess

Top Bottom