• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: YouTuber Throwdown (Current Job: Classic and Modern Stages)

Whose control scheme should we pick

• BlustersBest's Control Scheme

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Qwerty UIOP's Control Scheme

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I think this was a mistake.

So my friends we have come to this yet again: Another reboot for a YouTube smash clone. This is one of the main projects that I am determined to actually finish no matter how hard it gets. Want to see Jacksepticeye use a Mine Turtle to bomb AVGN off of the Annoying Orange Kitchen? With this thread, it might be possible. Without further ado: One of the probably weirder Smash Clones on Smashboards of all time

• Pewidepie​
  • Markiplier​
  • The Angry Video Game Nerd​
  • Nexpo (Nightmare Expo)​

• Homepage(YouTube)
  • Squirrel Maze(Mark Rober)

Control scheme (as used with Switch Pro Controller) (Idea by BlustersBest)

Left stick - Movement/jump/attack direction
Right stick- Block, can lead into a parry
X- jump button
Y- long-ranged/projectile/weak attack
A- Regular attack
B- Specials
L/R/zl/zr - Grabs
Arrow buttons - Taunts/other special features.

• 1000 Degree Knife
  • Mine Turtle(ASDFMovie)

• Wilford Warfstache(Markiplier)
  • The Rewinder(YouTube Rewind)

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
So let's start...

Job One: Submit a Fighter

Job Two: Submit a Stage

No restrictions here but don't get too obscure for either of them.

Have Fun!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job One: Pewdiepie
Screenshot 2022-07-09 8.02.14 AM.png

Since Pewdiepie is the most subscribed singular person on YouTube, It would be impossible not to add him

Job Two: Squirrel Maze(Mark Rober)
Screenshot 2022-07-09 8.03.19 AM.png

The Squirrel Maze is based on Mark Rober's Obstacle Course for Squirrels with similar traps. But instead of a large amount of nuts waiting for you at the end, it just loops back to the beginning sadly.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 1: Mr. Beast

Job 2: Gauntlet of Gloom (SMG4)
SMG3's Painting will throw bombs at SMG4 Mario.
Bowser will fall, taking down the painting and leaving a hole.
After the 2nd one, a Boner with a platform on it will come out, adding an extra platform.

Resubmitting Dream from past threads.
Job 1:
Dream

Clay "Dream" is a gaming YouTuber that plays Minecraft and he wears mask to hide his face.
He is known for Minecraft manhunt series, which is ran by Dream himself.
He also made an appearance in "Mask" music video, which it had uncanny valley-styled CGI.

His moveset would reference Minecraft and his design would be based on "Mask" music Vivio (He wears a mask to hide his face) and he would be rendered in same CGI as in music video.

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
JOB 1: Markiplier

I don't think I really need to say more.

JOB 2: Homepage

Similar to Smash's Battlefield, A flat stage with two or more platforms. The background is actually much like Smash 4's Miiverse, where Youtube thumbnails are loaded onto the background of the stage, perhaps even based on the recommendations for a linked YouTube account.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
O.K. Voting time is over here are the result:

Markiplier - 11 votes
Pewdiepie - 9 votes
Video Game Dunkey - 4 votes
Dream - 3 votes
Mr. Beast - 2 votes

Markiplier and Pewdiepie are our first fighters. Congrats to BlustersBest and Myself!

Squirrel Maze - 7 votes
Homepage - 7 votes
Gauntlet of Gloom - 1 vote

Homepage and Squirrel Maze are our first Stages. Congrats to BlustersBest and Myself(again)!

Now onto the next job:

Job 3: What should our game be called?

Have fun!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Voting Time is Over! Here are the results:

• YouTuber Throwdown - 5 votes
  • Streaming Skirmish - 3 votes
  • Creator Clash - 3 votes
  • DuelTube - 1 vote
The official name for this game is YouTuber Throwdown! Congrats to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds !

Now onto the next job
Job 4: Submit a control scheme for this game

Have fun!

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
Control scheme (as used with Switch Pro Controller

Left stick - Movement/jump/attack direction
Right stick- Block, can lead into a parry
X- jump button
Y- long-ranged/projectile/weak attack
A- Regular attack
B- Specials
L/R/zl/zr - Grabs
Arrow buttons - Taunts/other special features.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 4: Based on something suggested in a previous thread with the Switch as an example

3 Specials (Pressing A, X or Y where each button gives a different attack)
1 Aerial Move (Pressing A,X or Y while in the air)
1 Guard (Holding the ZL or ZR Button)
1 Super Move(We will decide how that works later)
Moving (Analog Stick)
Jumping( Pressing B)
Dialouges(this games version of taunts)(Arrow Buttons)
Pause (Plus Button)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
The 1000 Degree Knife and Mine Turtle are added as Default. Congrats to myself and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds !

As for the Control Scheme, I decided to use an RNG tiebreaker and BlustersBest BlustersBest 's control scheme is chosen. Congrats!

Now onto the next job:

Job 6: How will assists be summoned?

Job 7: Submit an Assist

Have fun!
Job #6: I know it's not precisely how it should probably work, but I'm thinking that maybe a Play Button would work - when pressed, the assist arrives? Just an idea, though.

Job #7: Whilst technically not "originating from YouTube", I'm going to submit Will Smith holding a YouTube Rewind button. When summoned, he'll say aloud, "Yah, it's Rewind time" before pressing said button. Doing so then reverses the entire stage (as well as the movements of the players) backward by 10 seconds, before he vanishes in a flash of light. For better or worse, YouTube Rewind is a pretty important part of YouTube's history, and small independant YouTubers such as Will Smith should probably be represented in some way or another.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 7: Wilford Warfstache (Markiplier)

One of Markiplier’s many alter-egos when summoned he’ll start busting out moves and releases an aura that when a fighter enters, they would be forced to, off all things, dance until he disappears. He can be defeated but you would have to use ranged attacks to do so.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 6: Maybe a meter that when filled, a chosen assist will appear.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Submission time is over.

I'll submit a poll for voting on summoning assists(Edit: Couldn't figure out how to add a different poll, will figure that out later)

Voting for assists on the other hand
Though Will Smith and the Shark Family don't technically originate from YouTube, I've decided to slighty alter KneeOfJustice99's vote so that other people who had the Rewind button and for Shark Family, similar to Hatsune Miku in Battle of AGES(another thread), I'll only allow this once. Vote for your Top Two Assists and self-vote in last place

Have Fun!

1. The Rewinder
  2. Wilford MOTHERLOVIN' Warfstache

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
O.K. I couldn't figure out how to change the poll but I decided to let you guys vote on the thread

Job #6: I know it's not precisely how it should probably work, but I'm thinking that maybe a Play Button would work - when pressed, the assist arrives? Just an idea, though.
Job 6: Maybe a meter that when filled, a chosen assist will appear.
Vote for one with your choice not being your own

Voting for assists will last one more day

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Submission time is over.

I'll submit a poll for voting on summoning assists(Edit: Couldn't figure out how to add a different poll, will figure that out later)

Voting for assists on the other hand
Though Will Smith and the Shark Family don't technically originate from YouTube, I've decided to slighty alter KneeOfJustice99's vote so that other people who had the Rewind button and for Shark Family, similar to Hatsune Miku in Battle of AGES(another thread), I'll only allow this once. Vote for your Top Two Assists and self-vote in last place

Have Fun!

1. The Rewinder
  2. Wilford MOTHERLOVIN' Warfstache
1. The Shark Family
2. Wilford. Just Wilford

and uh my vote goes to NorthSouthMap on the basis of the fact that they are the only candidate that is not me

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I think we should have Knee of Justice's idea of an item summoning an assist. Mainly because I have plans for a meter in this game for supermoves

Top Bottom