• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Super Smash Clash, An SSB Fangame

Which versions of FD and Battlefield should be used

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melee

• Brawl

• For

• Ultimate

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Original version

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the pokemon poll, Chandelure is the next pokemon added.
Here are the votes
Fire City 4
Merchant Port 3
Tower of Heaven 2

Fire City is our Rivals of Aether stage.

Job 117: Nominate a character who is currently a pokeball or assist trophy (the opening post list is mostly up to date except for Chandelure and Psycho Mantis).

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll nominate Pepsiman

I’ll nominate some alts:

Bomberman: Max
FESMN Caeda.png
Marth: Caeda colors
Kairi, as she appears in Kingdom Hearts III (image was user-cropped for a better fit)
Sora: Kairi colors

I’ll leave this job up until tomorrow.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
NiGHTS (NiGHTS)

Also considered Akira but figured we had other option for Virtua Fighter as opposed to NiGHTS were any other character would feel odd w/o NiGHTS

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Crewmate 2
Pepsiman 2
NiGHTS 5

NiGHTS is our next newcomer.

Job 119: Submit a Special Smash Mode
I’ll nominate Slow Smash as that hasn’t been added yet.

Job 120: Submit a new assist trophy for the NiGHTS franchise.

I’ll nominate Reala, who would fly around and then launch a Mare Balloon at an opponent.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Submitting Fast Smash for special mode

Wiseman the Wicked

Would change the environment of the stage to make it rain meteors and water tornadoes.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Slow and Fast Smash modes are added.

Please use the poll to determine if Reala or Wiseman the Wicked.

Job 121: Submit a Moveset for NiGHTS.

Job 122: Submit a NiGHTS stage.

I’ll nominate Splash Garden, which would be a walkoff stage with bubbles that players can stand on.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
NiGHTS Move Set:
Neutral Special: Paraloop
Side Special: Drill Dash
Up Special: Rocket Persona
Down Special: Dream Delight
Final Smash: Twin Dreams

Spring Valley

Main island platform, with windmills as a hazard.

Music:
Battle Tower - Pokemon Sword and Shield
Game Corner - Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Main Theme - Pokemon Unite

Alt:

White Mage colors for Black Mage

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll, Reala becomes our next assist trophy.

For the NiGHTS moveset, I’ll go with this one that I found on another thread.
Job #64: NİGHTS (NİGHTS Into Dreams...)

Moveset:

General playstyle:
NİGHTS is an air-oriented fighter through and through. They have below-average stamina and even lower weight, meaning they can have a hard time surviving for long if they can’t avoid getting hit, which is made worse by their tall hitbox. On top of this NİGHTS has abysmal stats on the ground, with weak normal moves, slow smash attacks, and lackluster walking speed. Their dashing speed is good as they float near the ground but it takes some time to reach their maximum speed.

However, their airplay is truly outstanding. NİGHTS, like Opa-Opa, has multiple air dashes and can cancel them into air attacks at the risk of higher ending lag. They have high speed but low gravity and falling speed, meaning they gain high air time from their jumps. The four air jumps NİGHTS possess have a short pause before applying a slower and constant upwards boost, launching them in a controllable arc. They also have much more versatile and useful attacks in the air, granting them both combo and KO options. Though, it should be noted that NİGHTS also suffers immense ending lag upon landing if they fight in the air for too long so be careful to keep opponents away if you need a breather.

Normal attacks:

NİGHTS has various attacks involving using their body like a graceful acrobat and ignoring gravity. While they have occasional kicks and chops, they usually don’t seem they’re in a fight that much. Their ground attacks mostly consist of delicate spins and kicks. Their aerial moves are a lot more deliberate, fast, and practiced, involving somersaults and powerful leg and arm hits. NİGHTS use their Persona masks to aid in their smash attacks to summon Arsene to transform. For their down special, they turn into a long dragon and quickly fly in a circle close to the ground. For their side special, they turn into a dolphin and are hit with a flip tail whip. For their up smash, they turn into a rocket and raise a little before exploding.

Special attacks:

Move
Name
Description
Neutral SpecialBlue BounceA simple projectile attack where NİGHTS takes out a blue ball and tosses it forward. It deals small damage and knockback and goes an average distance before losing height and hitting the ground.
While unimpressive on the ground, this attack becomes quite dangerous in the air as it gains more speed and damage, along with the ability to follow NİGHTS’ momentum, meaning they can throw it in any direction with some practice. This move is too situational to keep the opponents at bay, but it can force approaches from the air and stop recoveries from unconventional angles.
Hitting an ally with this move at team matches will heal them up to a small, set amount.

Side special
Drill DashOne of the NİGHTS’ signature moves. When this move is used, NİGHTS will start spinning around themselves rapidly and fly forward like a drill. Tilting the control stick will allow NİGHTS to aim down or up and change their trajectory. Hitting foes will deal damage multiple times before launching them but will also slow down NİGHTS’ momentum. This move puts them in free fall in the air if they have no midair jumps left.
Down SpecialDream FluteClosing their eyes, NİGHTS starts playing an invisible flute with their hands and produces a short melody. A Nightopian appears and starts orbiting around NİGHTS. While Nightopians don’t have hitboxes, they can take hits in NİGHTS’ place. They can also be used to extend NİGHTS’ hitboxes when they use Paraloop and Drill Dash. Only three of them can be around NİGHTS at once.

Up special
ParaloopNİGHTS perform another special move of theirs. They will fly upward, then strike with their head after a loop, while leaving Twinkle Dust from their hands. Enemies hit by this move are launched upward. This move is great for recovery due to its long vertical distance and unpredictable angle.
The loop NİGHTS create when going up will create a vacuum hitbox that pulls enemies and items in, allowing NİGHTS to equip or reflect the latter. It can also disrupt some recoveries but as NİGHTS go into free fall upon use, it should be used with some care.

All-Star Move
Twin DreamsAn All-Star Move that starts with a cinematic and then transitions into the regular gameplay.
In the cinematic, NİGHTS is shown to Dualize with two of their Visitors (Helen and William by default, but alts might change that) in a dreamscape. They will both take NİGHTS’ hands and take their shape with a shower of glowing light.
In the gameplay, the duo flies across the screen in a crisscross shape, knocking out anyone on their path with blinding speed. While NİGHTS can’t control their movement, it’s likely that anyone on the stage will be hit by them at least once.
The All-Star move ends with kids turning into their original form after separating from NİGHTS and waving them goodbye.

Other:

Aesthetics:
NİGHTS have their appearance is taken from their latest game, NİGHTS: Journey of Dreams, with an updated model and better particle effects on their sparkle moves. Aesthetically, NİGHTS never touch the ground and always float on one toe. Most of their moves also emit Twinkle Sparkles from their limbs. Their color palettes are mostly inspired by the various Ideyas in the game. They are voiced by Julissa Aguirre in all regions.

Entrance animation: NİGHTS is seen lying on their back in the air with their arms behind their back as before getting out of their position.

Taunts:
Taunt 1: NİGHTS turns towards the screen and takes a deep bow, laughing softly. They might occasionally say “You and me, one on one.”
Taunt 2: NİGHTS floats around in a circle before landing again, saying “Let's show them what our courage can do!”
Taunt 3: NİGHTS leans forward and stretches their mouth with their pinky fingers to make a funny face before turning back.

Victory Theme: Peaceful Moment

Victory Animations:
Victory 1: NİGHTS slowly floats down to the ground while sitting comfortably on the air and playing their air flute. They will open one eye briefly when their name is called and smile at the camera.

Victory 2: NİGHTS Drill Dashes towards the screen, immediately stooping and backflipping in a loop before waving and flying up. Before they leave, they will say “This was fun when it lasted, see you later!”

Victory 3: NİGHTS fly across the camera a couple of times and then gently fly back with Nightopians around them and making a reverence. They will also say “Don't worry; we'll be seeing each other real soon.”
Please use the following poll to determine if you’d prefer Northsouthmap Northsouthmap or my moveset for NiGHTS:
For stages, please use the following poll to determine if you’d prefer Splash Garden or Spring Valley.

Job 123: Vote for your three most wanted SSB 64 veterans
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Fox
Luigi
Ness
Jigglypuff

1. Ness
2. Donkey Kong
3. Fox

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the polls, Splash Garden and my NiGHTS moveset will be used.

Here are the votes
Donkey Kong 7
Yoshi 1
Fox 6
Luigi
Ness 4
Jigglypuff

Donkey Kong is our next addition.

Job 124: Submit any changes that you’d like to see in Donkey Kong’s Moveset

Job 125: Submit a Donkey Kong Country Stage.

SSF2 Gangplank Galleon
I’ll nominate the SSF2 version of Gangplank Galleon

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
DK Changes:
Neutral Special replaced with coconut shooter
Side Special replaced with throwing barrels
Up Special replaced with barrel cannon

Mine Cart Madness

You fight on the tracks and mine carts appear as stage hazards.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
By default, we’ll go with Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ’s Donkey Kong moveset changes.

Here are the nominations for stages
Pupp135 Pupp135 Gangplank Galleon
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Mine Cart Madness
nirvanafan nirvanafan 25m

Vote for your two most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Mine Cart Madness
2. Gangplank Galleon

Job 126: Submit a boss fight, and describe how they would work.

I’ll nominate Safer Sephiroth. He’d be on one side of the stage, and he’d use Shadow Flare, Super Nova, and Physical Attacks against the player.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Gangplank
2. Minecart

M. Bison (Street Fighter)

He'll fight with Psycho Power Ball, Inferno, Punisher, Field, and Crusher.

Alts:
Retro DK
1685655412099.png

Tuxedo Goro Majima

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Gangplank Gallon 3
Mine Cart Madness 5
25m 1

Mine Cart Madness is our Donkey Kong Map

Here are the boss nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Safer Sephiorth
nirvanafan nirvanafan Simone
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap M Bison

1. Simone
2. Safer Sephiroth

Job 127: Submit a Character from a Franchise with a Fighter.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Mewtwo
I was thinking of a second Final Fantasy character, but I’d like to nominate Mewtwo as a second Pokemon was suggested, and it was a missed character during Brawl.

Here are the votes
Safer Sephiroth 2
M Bison 2
Simone 5

Simone is one of our bosses. The other will be decided with the poll below.

Here are the nominations
nirvanafan nirvanafan Raiden
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Neo Cortex
Pupp135 Pupp135 Mewtwo

1. Raiden
2. Mewtwo

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Mewtwo
2. Cortex

Music:
Welcome to the New World! - Kirby Forgotten Land
Castle Lololo - Kirby's Dream Land
Miracle Matter - Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards

Pupp135

Smash Lord
M. Bison is our fourth boss fight.
Because there was a 3 way tie, I’ll change my 2nd place self-vote to Neo Cortex, so both Raiden and Neo Cortex are added.

Job 128: Submit an Item that appears in the SSB Series.

I’ll nominate the Screw Attack.

Job 129: Submit a Pokemon for the Pokeball Item.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Item: Special Flag (Namco)

Pokemon: Scrafty

Uses Head Smash.

Music:
Fiery Ambitions - Rivals of Aether
Flight or Fight - Rivals of Aether
The Earthen Division - Rivals of Aether

Pupp135

Smash Lord
By default, Screw Attack and Special Flag are added as items.

For pokemon, Misdreavus and Scrafty are added by default.

Job 130: Submit a past stage.
SSBU-Hyrule Castle.png
I’ll nominate Hyrule Castle, which works like in the real games.

Job 131: Submit an assist trophy that is in the SSB series.
TSR Shadow.png
As we don’t have a Sonic assists, and assists do not disconfirm, I’ll nominate Shadow.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Assist - Shovel Knight

Stage - Mementos (Add Cameos from party members (& protags if not in other role) of Persona 3 & 4 in addition to change in color)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Mementos
2. Wily Castle

1. Shovel Knight
2. Shadow

Alts:

Coco Disguise Cortex
1686050622862.jpeg

Deadly Alliance Raiden

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Hyrule Castle 1
Mementos 5
Wily Castle 3

Mementos is our next past stage.

Shadow 3
Shovel Knight 4
Guile 2

Shovel Knight and Shadow are our next assist trophies.

Job 132: Submit movesets for Raiden and Neo Cortex.

Job 133: Submit a new stage for a franchise with a playable fighter.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Metro City

Based on its SF 6 counterpart & also kind of reps Final Fight. Layout similar to New Donk City.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Opera House (Final Fantasy 6)

Flat stage with platforms above, and Ultros as hazards.

Cortex Move Set:
Neutral Special: Blaster Ray
Side Special: Cortex Mines
Up Special: Hoverboard
Down Special: Force Field
Final Smash: Mutation Formula

Top Bottom