• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Super Smash Clash, An SSB Fangame

Which versions of FD and Battlefield should be used

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melee

• Brawl

• For

• Ultimate

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Original version

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since there’s no results on the poll, I’ll go with having Northsouthmap Northsouthmap ’s moveset changes for Zelda

For the Fire Emblem stage, please use the following poll to determine if Archanea or Pilgrimage is our next map.

Here are the votes for Ultimate newcomers

Inkling 5
Simon 8
Piranha Plant 1
Hero 3
Banjo 4
Byleth 1
Kazuya 2

Inkling and Simon are our next fighters

Job 94: Submit an item

I’ll go with a shield from Sonic, which allows players to be protected by one attack.

Job 95: Submit a single player minigame.

I’ll nominate Target Test, which works like SSF2 where there are universal stages and individual ones.

Here are some alts that I’ll nominate

Casual ALttP Zelda
Princess Zelda
TP Zelda
Zelda Twilight Princess art.png
Classic Marth
FEMN Marth prerelease.png

D

Deleted member

Job 95: Tail Tag
UI_Medal_Icon_TailTag.png

Traverse through a massive maze with a golden tail that an army tries to steal by attacking you.

OE:
X-Ray Fall Guy
Ein5HSVXkAI9t4C.jpg_large.jpg

Obata Simon
Simon.jpg

DiC Zelda
f06e3a628661b2fb303a07d5a5cfe446.jpg

Helmetless Megaman
RCWRockman.jpg

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Race to the finish
Similar to Melee, another variant which is a time trial to the last checkpoint. A few different difficulties which add additional hazards,

Item - Katamari

Will grow by collecting items before being tossed at opponents with bigger being more powerful & covering more of a range.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I forgot to put up the poll, so here’s the poll to choose which Fire Emblem map you’d prefer.

For items, here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Shield
nirvanafan nirvanafan Katamari
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap E-Tank

Vote for your two most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. E-Tank
2. Katamari

Here are the minigames:
Pupp135 Pupp135 Target Test
@MarioRayFalcon Tail Tag
nirvanafan nirvanafan Race to the Finish
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Cannon Launch

Vote for your three most wanted where yours is first.

1. Race to the Finish
2. Target Test
3. Tail Tag

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Archanea is the Fire Emblem stage added from the poll.

Here are the votes for the items

Shield 3
Katamari 6
E Tank 3

Katamari is one item added, and I’ll set up a poll on if the Shield or E Tank should also be added.

Here are the votes for the minigames
Target Test 4
Race to the Finish 9
Tail Tag 7
Cannon Launch 4

Race to the Finish is our minigame added.

Job 96: Nominate moveset changes to Inkling and Simon.

Job 97: Submit new stages for Splatoon and Castlevania.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Splatting Range

Flat stage with both sides receiving a random hazard (balloon, sponge, etc) which will swittch out every so often.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Urchin Underpass (Credit to DragRobKing)
1682417063965.jpeg

Stage layout like Mementos, with city background and ink shots on the platform.

Clock Tower

Flat stage, with rotating platforms and gears, medusa heads would act as hazards.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Job 96: I'd replace moves stolen from Richter with more whip attacks. Like, instead of the Uppercut he uses the Grapple like in SSF2. Instead of Grand Cross, he uses the Red Magic Orb.

Job 97: Courtyard
Chronicles_-_01.jpg

A flat, plain layout like KOFS, this stage is plagued with Dracula's fiends, from hunchbacks to mud men.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are my nominations:

Brahm Mansion: I think I’d have the layout of this stage be like the SSF2 Dracula Castle, but there will spikes as hazards.

Piranha Pit. The stage would have conveyor belts as the hazard.

Piranha Pit

The shield is our next item.

For Simon’s moveset changes, please use the poll to determine if we should go with @MarioRayFalcon ’s changes.

For stages, here are the following nominations

Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Clock Tower
@MarioRayFalcon Courtyard
Pupp135 Pupp135 Brahm Mansion

nirvanafan nirvanafan Splatting Range
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Urchin Underpass
Pupp135 Pupp135 Piranha Pit

Vote for your two most wanted for each, where yours is not first.

1. Clock Tower
2. Courtyard

1. Urchin Underpass
2. Piranha Pit

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Courtyard
2. Clock Tower

1. Piranha Pit
2. Splatting Range

Music:
Everybody Falls - Fall Guys
Final Fall - Fall Guys

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll, @MarioRayFalcon ’s changes will be used.

Here are the votes for the other parts.

Clock Tower 7
Courtyard 6
Brahm Mansion 2

Splatting Range 2
Urchin Underpass 5
Piranha Pit 8

Clock Tower and Piranha Pit are our next stages.

This will be the last job before I give us a halfway point checkin:

Job 98: Submit a fighter (open ended)

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Heavy (Team Fortress 2)
1682718194922.jpeg

Doesn't have a high chance to be in real Smash because of a lack of Nintendo appearances, but has a higher chance here because this game is fan-made.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:

Goro Majima 9
Heavy 4
Alcina 7
Sandbag 10

Goro Majima and Sandbag are our next fighters.

Mid-Game Checkin: This is a checkin to see how everyone feels about the following:
  • The thread’s setup
  • The Roster
  • Stages
  • Items
  • Game Modes

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Thread setup: characters then their stages and moves
Roster: mix of important Nintendo and third party characters, Pokemon and Kirby could use a second rep
Stages: important locations are in, but some feel like odd picks like Death Wind
Items: not every fighter repped franchise has an item or assist
Game modes: Story and boss modes would be welcome, and mini games themed after franchises

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I‘ll give us another day for everyone else to address their opinions on the thread, roster, stages, items, and game modes.

Roster: I like the varied selection of fighters like where we have some common requests and some fun surprises. In terms of what I want to see, I’d like to see a Final Fantasy fighter and for Icies and Ness to join.
Stages: The only thing so far that I’d want to do for jobs is really just adding a few more stages from series without fighters.
Items: I like the selection so far and have no issues with it.
Game Modes: I feel like this is in a good position. The only thing I think I could see us adding is a Story Mode.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Thread Setup - no complaints, a little bit of shame the thread didnt take off more but its still fun even with only a couple other people.

Roster - i agree the roster has a really good mix of the expected & unexpected, i also like how secondary series reps are very limited. Agree Pokemon could use a 2nd rep, & that Final Fantasy (hopefully something different from Smash) could use a rep. Being a Smash fangame think Xenoblade (3?) & Animal Crossing could use a rep & hopefully some more fun, not as expected picks.

Stages - dont have anything to add, agree with adding stages from new series & where there are some weird picks i feel like thats part of the fun of this type of thing not being limited to relevance or licensing.

Items - not much to say, have a decent mix, maybe could use some 4th party items & wonder if there is a way to handle characters who could be considered borderline on making the roster, maybe we could have a backup if we decide to add the character later that way they get repped either way (ex. having galacta knight as a backup for a meta knight assist)

Modes - where we could maybe use a story mode or maybe more minigames the only thing im really interested in adding is bosses although i suppose you never know when an interesting idea for something else may strike.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the feedback, I can start making prompts on how a Story Mode can be implemented, and we can choose a few bosses. Also, I’ll add a couple jobs that add non-video game items. We’ll treat assists and pokeball pokemon like in Super Smash Flash 2 where we can have assists promote to playable fighters as Pichu and Bandana Waddle Dee were added after being assists. In terms of backups, I’ll have them be characters from the same series

Job 99: Submit a Pokemon

I’ll nominate Magikarp to replace Goldeen.

Job 100: Submit a prompt for next fighters

As a contrast to a previous prompt, I think it would be a cool idea to add a character playable in Smash Remix, Super Smash Flash 2, or Crusade but not in Ultimate.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Like your idea for a new character job, another interesting one could be to promote a smash poke ball or assist trophy.

Will also nominate Wobbuffet to return as a poke ball summon.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll leave the jobs up for one more day to see if we get extra submissions for new fighter ideas

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the pokemon nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Magikarp
nirvanafan nirvanafan Wobbuffet
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Zapdos

Vote for your two most wanted, where yours is not first
1. Wobbuffet
2. Magikarp

I’m going to have the next jobs be our next ones, but please vote for the order you want do them in, and yours can be first.
Pupp135 Pupp135 Character playable in Smash Remix, SSF2, or Crusade but not Ultimate
nirvanafan nirvanafan pokemon/assist promotion
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Character from an indie game

1. Character from indie game
2. Character playable in Smash Remix, SSF2, or Crusade but not Ultimate
3. pokemon/assist promotion

Job 101: Submit an assist trophy.

I’ll renominate Light and Misa
Light in SSF2
For the assist, I feel inspired by nirvanafan nirvanafan and will nominate Light and Misa. They would work like the former SSF2 assist trophy where Misa looks for a fighter, and if she finds a fighter, the fighter’s name would be written in the Death Note, and then be instantly KO’ed in 40 seconds (It’s a long time, but this assist feels pretty broken).

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Wobbuffet
2. Magikarp

1. Fan game
2. Indie game
3. Pokemon/assist promotion

Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear)

When summoned, Mantis will float into the air and laugh as gas pours into the stage, and will preform one of a few actions:
Turning the stage upside down or backwards
Reversing controls
Creating a static effect that is hard to see
Switching characters places

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Nights

Will fly around stage & attempt to do a paraloop around opponents which will temporary freeze them & deal damage

Magikarp
Wobbuffet

Fan
Promote
Indie

Last edited:
Top Bottom