• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash from Scratch! (A Smash game from the ground-up)

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Bowser
  2. Ganondorf
  3. Ridley
  4. King Dedede
Costume Set 1: Mario
  • Headgear: Mario's Hat
  • Top: Mario's Shirt & Gloves
  • Bottom: Mario's Overalls
  • Shoes: Mario's Shoes
Costume Set 2: Little Mac
  • Top: Little Mac's Tank Top
  • Bottom: Little Mac's Shorts
  • Shoes: Little Mac's Shoes
  • Weapon: Little Mac's Gloves (Brawler)
Costume Set 3: Andy (Advance Wars)
  • Top: Andy's Uniform
  • Bottom: Andy's Pants
  • Shoes: Andy's Boots
  • Weapon: Giant Wrench (Swordfighter)

Mii costume sets:
Waluigi
Headgear - His hat
Top - Waluigi's shirt
Bottom - Waluigi's overalls
Shoes: Waluigi's shoeas
Weapon: Waluigi's racket (Swordfighter/Basher)

Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Headgear - Rex's hair
Top - Rex's shirt
Bottom - Rex's pants
Shoes - Rex's shoes
Weapon - "Pyra" Aegis sword

Ring Fit Trainer
Headgear - RFT's hair (Can be in female/male form)
Top: RFT tank top
Bottom: RFT pants
Shoes: RFT shoes
Weapon: Ring Fit Ring (it would form into fists) (Brawler)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Bowser
2. Doriyah
3. Dedede
4. Mewtwo

Mii Outfits

Isaac Outfit
Head: Isaac Wig
Top: Isaac Tunic
Bottom: Issac Pants
Shoes: Issac Shoes
Weapon: Isaac Sword

Ice Climber Outfit
Head: Parka Hood
Top: Parka
Bottom: Ice Climber Pants
Shoes: Ice Climber Boots
Weapon: Ice Climber Hammer

Chrom Outfit
Head: Chrom Wig
Top: Chrom Shirt
Bottom: Chrom Pants
Shoes: Chrom Shoes
Weapon: Falchion

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Perhaps unsurprisingly, our next two fighters will be Bowser and Ganondorf!
  • All Mii Fighter costumes will be accepted!
I know I'm late to today's jobs, so I'm going to push the ones I had planned to tomorrow and do some lighter jobs instead.
Job 24: Submit trophies for the Donkey Kong franchise!
Please submit up to five characters/items to represent the Donkey Kong series. Donkey Kong and a barrel will be trophies by default. Please make sure your submissions have pictures to go along with them. Again, trophies do not deconfirm!

Job 25: Submit a game to be featured in Masterpieces!
Please submit a Nintendo game to be featured in the Masterpieces section - This can be from either a represented or unrepresented franchise. Keep in mind that these will be short timed demos of the games, so please feel free to explain how your demo would work. Also, only Nintendo consoles up to and including the Game Boy Color (plus the GBA) will be allowed for demos.

Submissions close tomorrow around 3PM EST - A little later to make up for how late today's jobs were.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 24:
I will submit Diddy Kong; Dixie Kong; Cranky Kong; Funky Kong; and King K. Rool.

Job 25: Super Mario Bros. (NES)

I don't think I need to explain why I'm doing this one.

Your game starts on World 1-1 and skips the title screen (meaning no two-player). See how far you can get in just two minutes!

Job 24: I submit the Hammer, Kiddy Kong, and Klaptrap.

Job 25: The Legend of Zelda (NES)

The Masterpiece of this game takes place right after you obtain the sword, giving you 90 seconds of blasting your way through enemies. Yes, this does unfortunately mean "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." does not appear in the Masterpiece itself.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!

All DK trophies will be added, plus all Masterpieces (the latter due to how little of them were submitted). As a friendly reminder, though, trophies must come with pictures depicting their subject. I'll let it slide this time, but future trophy submissions without accompanying pictures may be disregarded. Same goes for future Masterpieces.

Anyway, onto today's jobs!
Job 26: Submit movesets for Marth, Fox, and/or Ness!
I suspect a lot of people are content with their current movesets, but please feel free to make changes if you want to!

Job 27: Submit animations for Samus, Kirby, and/or Pikachu!
Please submit a stage entrance, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for any of these characters!

Submissions close at noon tomorrow!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
For Fox, Marth, and Ness, I think their movesets are really good as is, so I'll just submit them wholesale.

Fox
  • Neutral Special: Blaster
  • Side Special: Fox Illusion
  • Up Special: Fire Fox
  • Down Special: Reflector
  • Final Smash: Team Star Fox
Marth
  • Neutral Special: Shield Breaker
  • Side Special: Dancing Blade
  • Up Special: Dolphin Slash
  • Down Special: Counter
  • Final Smash: Critical Hit
Ness
  • Neutral Special: PK Flash
  • Side Special: PK Fire
  • Up Special: PK Thunder
  • Down Smash: PSI Magnet
  • Final Smash: PSI Rockin
    • Haha, surprise moveset change! This Final Smash is a powerful AOE burst around Ness based on the original move from Earthbound.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I have some Entry Animations for all three characters:

For Samus I see her sleekly rolling in her morph ball form before unfurling into a dynamic pose.

For Kirby he will be the same, crashing into the stage with his Warp Star.

Pikachu will exit his Pokeball, surging with electricity, making it a more dynamic version of the original entrance animation.

Fox moveset submission:

Most of Fox's normal moveset has the same attacks like before, but some of the are changed to fit the tone of "Star fox" games.

Fox's new dash attack is weaker version of Fox Illusion.

Neutral special: Reticle - Acts like Fox's blaster, but it has a reticle now. You can aim anywhere as you wish.
Side special: Smart Bomb - Fox launches a smart bomb that explodes when enemy has a contact with it.
Up special: Arwing Flight - Fox enters a small version of Arwing and flies around for while. While pressing A it can shoot.
Down special: Reflector - Acts same like before.

Final smash: Landmaster - Similar to smash brawl and Sm4sh.

(I want this moveset to be more associated with Fox's home game series)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Ness and Marth movesets win by default.
  • Please vote for Fox's moveset here: https://strawpoll.com/polls/eNg69v4aenA
  • Glubbflubb's entrance animations will be accepted, but taunts and victory animations remain open!
Job 28: Submit bonus music for the Mario franchise!
Please submit up to four music tracks from the Mario series to appear as extra songs. These can be the original songs, arrangements from past games, or be fan-made remixes.

Job 29: Submit a new mode of some kind!
Sky's the limit here.

Submissions close tomorrow at noon!

New mode submission:
Story Mode

Story Mode is a type of a gamemode that appears in many games and it's a mode where it includes a story something like Subspace Emmisary where fighters need to save the world from big threat or some stuff.

The story mode would be something like Melee's Adventure mode mixed with Subspace Emissary mode (Lots of unique levels, cutscenes with voice acting and bosses).
Also we could unlock characters in this mode.

As for the lore, we could decide which lore would fit the story mode.

I think story mode would "restart" the smash lore (like it would have different beginning and story) or even expanded it more (more villains, more places and etc.). Also I like the idea of story mode in games overall.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
This is probably my most ambitious post on any creation thread:

Smash'n'Grab

My idea for a spiritual successor to Smash 4's Smash Run, this mode takes inspiration from not just that mode but also from Spelunky and Wario Land 4.

Gameplay

Smash'n'Grab has 2 variations, group play and solo play. Both focus on a core gameplay, that being having your fighter drop down into a large, randomly generated, labyrinth. This labyrinth contains several different traps, obstacles, and most importantly enemies. Like Smash Run when you defeat enemies they drop stat pickups, though instead of each pickup increasing an overall number to make that stat stronger, you instead need a specific amount of each stat pickup to increase the level of that specific stat. The stat pickups and what they power up are as followed:

Orange Fists (Neutral Attacks)
Red Stars (Special Attacks)
Yellow Rockets (Smash Attacks)
Green Boots (Speed)
Blue Wings (Jumping Power)
Purple Shield (Shield Durability)

The main goal however is to collect rainbow gemstones called Smashium, these gemstones can be found in crystal clusters, inside treasure chests, rewards for beating secret challenges, or defeating tougher enemies. Smashium acts a currency that can be used to buy items from shops such as power-ups, stat boosts, or keys to enter locked doors which lead to a secret challenge. These secret challenges can be classic bonus rounds like Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, or Home-Run Contest alongside new challenges like defeating a certain amount of enemies, survive a mini gauntlet, or reach a waypoint.

In the Labyrinth where Smash'n'Grab takes place there are several biomes that you can explore, these biomed can either be based on different franchises, environmental tropes, or a specific gimmick like gravity changes or conveyer belts. Each biome has a selection of enemies to defeat and obstacles to avoid, each specific enemy can be one of 5 classes, Standard, Advanced, Pro, Elite, and Master, with each class becoming more bulky and powerful and sometimes gain new attacks, allowing one to be able to keep on their toes. There are also mini-bosses, tougher enemies that roam the labyrinth and drop a lot of Smashium.

When you reach a certain point in the mode, depending on the variant, Grab'n'Run will begin, like Wario Land 4's Hurry Up or Pizza Tower's Pizza Time you must head to where started to exit the floor as the labyrinth crumbles before you. Like those games some new routes will open up such as doors to new bonus rounds, pockets of Smashium, or a shortcut. If you fail to escape it's game over.

As previously stated Smash'n'Run has 2 different variants, let's talk about those:

Group Royale
This plays more similarly to Smash Run, you explore a large labyrinth, defeat enemies, level up your stats, and collect Smashium. For 5 minuetes you explore this labyrinth, with every minute a random event will occur such as more of a specifc enemy will spawn, a treasure chest being found in a random area, or a shop having a sale on certain items. If you get KO'd you lose 1/4th of all Smashium obtained. Once the minutes end Grab'n'Run will begin and you have 1 minute to run to the beginning, however the father you are from the goal the more Smashium will spawn meaning you have to risk and reward time for more rewards.

Once everyone exits the labyrinth you do one of 3 rounds, and you collected Smashium will have a role in these rounds:

FREE FOR ALL
A stamina battle will begin, with the Smashium collected acting as the player's health, last one standing wins.

DEFEAT ENEMIES
Defeat an endless gauntlet of increasingly difficulty waves of enemies, the one who defeated the most enemies wins the amount of Smashium collected will act as the timer for this round. If you get KO'd your total Smashium decreases by 1/4th.

BREAK THE TARGETS
Break a series of targets, the one who breaks the most targets wins. Like previously the amount of Smashium collected will act as a time. If you get KO'd your total Smashium decreases by 1/4th.

Solo Survival
When played in solo, Smash'n'Grab instead becomes a multifloored endless gauntlet. The labyrinths are smaller and only feature a single biome, and the goal is too find a giant treasure chest containing loads of Smashium. Once opened Grab'n'Run begins and you need to head to the entrance and go to the next floor. The deeper you go the more tougher enemies are encountered and the more HP they will have as well. The goal is to collect as much Smashium as possible and reach as many floors as you can go, with you getting graded based on those factors. Every 5 floors is a boss room where you need to defeat a full on boss fight, these have more complex patterns than normal Mini-bosses, there are even tougher variants called X-Bosses featuring harder patterns which appear on later floors. Following that is a rest area where you have a choice of continuing or exiting the labyrinth. If you get KO'd you lose all of your Smashium and will only be graded based off how far you gone (though there are items that can give you an extra life). Overall this mode provides a fun endurance match to see how far your can go.

Overall Smash'n'Run provides opportunities for many more types of jobs, such as jobs to submit new enemies, new mini-bosses, biomes, and normal bosses.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 29:Smash Race

this mode is very different,instead of fight against all,this mode is run to get first,the playable characters will run to get to finish line and they get more speed catching a energy orb,the tracks are 2D platform and the tracks have traps and shortcuts.

(This mode is inspired in Gourmet Race from Kirby Super Star)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Tag Team

This is an extended version of Squad Strike’s Tag Team mode. The mode is up to 4/8 (is there a maximum number of players per match yet) players, and players can choose as many fighters as they’d like.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Countdown Match (Credit to Hypercat Z)

In this match one of the players, initially by random, has a countdown over his/her head. Hitting another player will pass the countdown to him/her, while being hitten will accelerate the countdown. Once the countdown reaches zero the characters will blast off and the countdown will start again from the last opponent hitting him/her. Same thing in case of suicide. Last player standing will win.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Fox moveset will be used.
  • Please vote for your top three modes.
    • Story Mode (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • Smash'n'Grab (Glubbfubb)
    • Smash Race
    • Tag Team
    • Countdown Match
Today's going to be a catchup day to focus on some jobs that have not been done yet. If any of these jobs lack submissions by noon tomorrow, I'll do 'em myself.

Job 14.5: Submit animations for Link!

Job 27: Submit taunts and victory animations for Samus, Kirby, and/or Pikachu!

Job 28: Submit bonus music for the Mario franchise!
Please submit up to four music tracks from the Mario series to appear as extra songs. These can be the original songs, arrangements from past games, or be fan-made remixes.

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Smash'n'Grab
  2. Tag Team
  3. Smash Race
Link Animations
  • Entrance: Link is beamed onto the stage with several blue beams of light, resembling the teleporting animation from OoT.
  • Taunts
    • Link stands on one foot while brandishing the Master Sword.
    • Link brandishes the Master Sword.
    • Link swings the Master Sword twice before sheathing it.
    • Link takes a picture of himself with the Sheikah Slate.
  • Victory Animations
    • Link swings the Master Sword three times before looking to his right.
    • Link swings the Master Sword before sheathing it, his back turned to the camera.
    • Link rides in on Epona, who raises her front legs as Link poses.
Samus Animations
  • Taunts
    • Samus raises a finger to the side of her head, scanning the area.
    • Samus salutes the camera.
    • Samus opens up a hologram on her arm cannon, checking out her vitals, stats, and other fun details.
    • Samus crouches with her blaster pointed in the air, resembling an iconic pose of hers.
  • Victory Animations
    • Samus lands on the ground and readies her arm cannon.
    • Samus is seen firing rapidly before striking the same crouching pose from her fourth taunt.
    • Samus is seen with her helmet under her arm, giving the camera a thumbs-up with her free hand.
Kirby Animations
  • Taunts (None of these would remove Kirby's current Copy Ability; That has been moved to Shield Special.)
    • Kirby smiles and poses, producing a star.
    • Kirby spins around playfully before posing on one foot.
    • Kirby leans toward the screen and says "Hi!" while waving his arms.
    • Kirby performs an idle version of the Kirby Dance.
  • Victory Animations
    • Kirby performs the Kirby Dance (from Adventure) alongside two other Kirbys.
    • Kirby spins around before posing on one foot, holding a Friend Heart in his hand.
    • Kirby inhales a ton of food before sitting down, seeming satisfied.
Pikachu Alts
  • Taunts
    • Pikachu charges his cheeks with electricity.
    • Pikachu waves at the screen.
    • Pikachu rolls on the ground.
    • Pikachu dances.
  • Victory Animations
    • Pikachu curls up for a nap.
    • Pikachu backflips, spins, and faces the screen with a happy expression.
    • Pikachu looks up with a surprised expression as his ears perk. He then scratches its right ear and smiles.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Our next modes will be Smash n' Grab, Story Mode, and Smash Race!
  • All of my animations win by default.
  • All Mario music will be accepted!
Job 30: Submit a pitch for the general plot of Story Mode!
We won't have too many story mode jobs, but this is an important one to have. Please submit a pitch for how the plot of Story Mode will go. Keep in mind that Tankman's original pitch describes the mode as a mix of Melee's Adventure Mode and the Subspace Emissary.

Job 31: Submit a boss character!
Now that we have a place to put them, it's time to submit our first boss characters! Please be sure to include a general overview of how their fight will play out.

You may submit any Nintendo character for this role, but please keep in mind that boss slots will deconfirm fighters. Also, do not submit a boss with the intent of them being the main antagonist of Story Mode - We will handle that once we decide the plot.

Submissions close tomorrow at noon!

Top Bottom