• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Smash from Scratch! (A Smash game from the ground-up)

FazDude

Smash Master
Thank you for your feedback, everyone! I'll be sure to keep it in mind as the thread progresses.

Anyway, voting is closed!
  • By removing my self-vote, we will use the Hyrule Castle layout from Project M, as submitted by Pupp135!
  • My Mario animations will be used.
  • I'll leave Link's animation submissions open until further notice. It's first-come, first-served.
  • My Kirby moveset will be used.
Job 16: Submit an assist!
Please submit a Nintendo character for an assist role, a picture of them, and what they'd do. Please note that due to our use of Fraymakers-style assists as opposed to Assist Trophies, assists are not deconfirms!

You may also submit an assist version of one of our roster's playable characters if you're stumped.

Job 17: How many assists should we have!
Unlike the roster/stage size jobs, I'm setting a minimum here - We will have at least 40 assists, but I encourage you to go higher if you wish! (Again, though, please be reasonable here.)

Job 18: Submit trophies for the Mario franchise!
Please submit up to five Mario trophies (again, these won't deconfirm anyone), as well as a picture of their subject. Mario and the Super Mushroom will be trophies by default. Descriptions aren't mandatory, but encouraged. Please do not submit any Donkey Kong or Wario trophies, as those will be handled later.

Submissions close tomorrow at noon!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Assist: Waluigi

The funny purple man returns for another assist appearance! Upon being spawned, he'll use his tennis racket to powerfully reflect any projectiles headed your way. Afterwards, Waluigi will wander the stage for a brief time, whacking people with his racket and tossing Bob-Ombs around. Once it's his time to go, he'll make a fancy finishing pose and vanish.

Assist Size: 92

Mario Trophies

I will submit Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, and Goomba.

Job 16:
Duck Hunt Dog & Ducks
1676736930535.png
Duck Hunt Dog & Ducks are characters who appear in 1984 light gun video game Duck Hunt. Dog is a your pet who jumps into high grass to scare off ducks and ducks are ducks who are flying across the screen, sometime dodging the player's bullets.
Duck Hunt Dog & Ducks are very popular Nintendo retro characters that many gamers could recognize very quickly.

When summoned, DH dog jumps into 8-bit grass and causes ducks to fly across the screen. The ducks deal normal damage when having a contact with fighter.

Uh oh! Looks like the "hunter" behind the screen joins the match as assist as well. He would try to shoot down the ducks, but he tries to shoot down the players to.
The shot would deal so much damage.
After staying for while causing havoc on the stage, they disappear.

Job 17:
I would go by 45 assists, since there are many Nintendo characters to use. Heck, even one franchise can have 2 assists, so why not?

Job 18:
1. Daisy
2. Koopa Troopa
3. Bowser Jr.
4. Rosalina
5. Cappy

Last edited:
Job #16: Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)

When summoning Muddy Mole, he digs around the stage, placing holes everywhere, and even throws giant balls or bombs at the enemy.

However, on some occasions, he may toss a cabbage your way to heal you.

When his services are no longer needed, he digs back down into the ground, waiting to disappear.

Job #17: I think there should be 50 Assists. Since they do not deconfirm new fighters, and since we have a lot of franchises to sift through, I thought we should go slightly above the minimum amount.

Job #18: Mario Trophies
I nominate Luma, Pirahna Plant, The Koopalings, Pauline, Dr. Mario, and Nabbit

Sorry for the less-than-adequate pics on some of these.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1676742609873.png

Assist: Tom Nook
A high risk, high reward assist, Tom Nook would need some sort of payment in order to be used, you either need to give him your held item, gain 10% in damage, or if coin battles return pay 25 coins. After that Tom Nook will appear and build something, this action does nothing unless a fighter gets trapped in the house being built, afterwards their trapped and your free to attack them, eventually the house explodes causing 10% to those trapped.

I feel like 45 is a nice number of assists

Pupp135

Smash Lord
HW Midna Render.png
I’ll nominate Midna, who’d work like in the real games.

I’ll say 48 assists.

Trophies:
Toadette
Boo
Shy Guy
Waluigi
Birdo

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 16:Waddle Doo (Kirby)

KSS_Waddle_Doo_Spirit_artwork.png

Waddle Doo is a Kirby enemy, as an assist,Waddle Doo shots a ray of beam in his eye,similar to Kirby games

Job 18:Mario Trophies
King Bob-Omb
Chain Chomp
Thwomp
Starlow
Bowser Jr.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 16:Waddle Doo (Kirby)

View attachment 368299

Waddle Doo is a Kirby enemy, as an assist,Waddle Doo shots a ray of beam in his eye,similar to Kirby games

Job 18:Mario Trophies
King Bob-Omb
Chain Chomp
Wario
Starlow
Bowser Jr.
Do you mind swapping out Wario for another Mario series character? He'll be handled when we do the Wario series trophies.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • All assists will be accepted! As a friendly reminder, assists do NOT deconfirm, so Waluigi, Ridley, Muddy Mole, and all the others will be eligble for future fighter jobs!
  • Please vote for your top three assist roster sizes. Please keep in mind that all 35 fighters will be able to get assists.
  • All Mario trophies will be accepted.
Job 19: Submit twelve colors/costumes for Samus, Kirby, and/or Pikachu!

Job 20: Submit a concept for a custom character!
Please submit a concept for a character who can be freely customized however the player wants. An example of this are the Mii Fighters - You're free to submit them wholesale, put your own spin on them, or go with a completely new concept! Be sure to mention any customizable details such as movesets or clothing; I'd love to do jobs based on them!

(This will count as a bonus 36th slot on the roster, so don't worry about taking up any more slots!)

Submissions close tomorrow around noon!

Last edited:
1. 48
2. 45
3. 50

Mii Fighter (Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner/Mage)
1676824294472.png
Mii Fighter is a playable character from Smash who is based on Mii - an avatar that appears on Nintendo consoles since Wii's release.

Before we get into their movesets, the Mii fighter would be divided into 4 classes:
  • Brawler (focuses on close combat and some aspects of athletics)
  • Swordfighter/Basher (Focuses on swordfighting or melee weapon fighting)
  • Gunner (Focuses on ranged combat)
  • Mage (Focuses on magic and buff/debuff moves)

The first 3 classes (Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner) would retain some of their moves from past smash games, but they also het the new ones that originate from certain Mii games.
While Mage's moveset would be based on magic attacking like shooting spells at opponents or even debuff their stats.

You can customize their weight, face, weapons, colors, voice and costumes.

Despite they have been appearing in smash earlier, I don't think it would hurt to keep them in the reboot game, since they are very unique fighters because of their customization.
Plus they are also considered as historical choice for smash since they originated from Wii Console - one of popular Nintendo consoles of all time that changed the whole gaming.

1: 48
2: 50
3: 45

Job 19: Kirby's Costumes
White skin
Green skin
Blue skin
Orange skin
Yellow skin
Red skin (No, not the baseball team.)
Purple skin
Brown skin
Black skin, yellow eyes
Meta Knight's mask
Bandanna Waddle Dee's bandanna

Job 20: Customizable Character

In case the image is too small, I nominate Nester from the Nintendo Power series. Yes, he does have an available moveset in the aforementioned image, but what I'm aiming for here is a moveset and a costume pool that references literally everything in Nintendo's history. Kind of like how the Mii Gunner is now the most loved of the three Mii Fighters because of her Sans and Cuphead skins, or how 9-Volt in WarioWare has his minigames tricked out in Nintendo classics.

Basically, if Sora's just a one-and-done, Nintendo has their own counterpart that they can just dig out of the mothball closet.

FazDude

Smash Master
Assist Votes
  1. 60
  2. 92
  3. 50
In hindsight, 92 was kinda overballing it, but considering 35 of our assists will be based on the game's playable characters, we should have room for nonplayable ones. This is kinda on me for poor word choice, though.

Samus Alts
  1. Default (based on the Varia suit)
  2. Monochrome Game Boy colors
  3. Gravity Suit colors
  4. Phazon Suit colors
  5. Dark Suit colors
  6. PED Suit colors
  7. Metroid Dread suit colors
  8. Dark Samus colors
  9. Metroid Fusion suit (model swap)
  10. Fusion Varia suit
  11. Fusion gravity suit
  12. Fusion complete suit
Kirby Alts
  1. Default
  2. Keeby (yellow)
  3. Red
  4. Green
  5. White
  6. Black
  7. Purple
  8. Orange w/ Bandanna Dee's bandanna
  9. Chocolate
  10. Cherry
  11. Game Boy monochrome
  12. Shadow Kirby (model swap)
Custom Character Concept
My concept is similar to the Mii Fighters we have right now. However, a fighter's moveset is not decided by class, but rather weapon. Miis can equip a hat, top, bottom, shoes, and a weapon (gloves for Brawlers, melee weapons for Swordfighters, guns for Gunners, and staffs/magic items for Mages). This means that players can mix and match different kinds of weapons without worrying about a certain look being incompatible with a certain "class".

For example, a Link costume set would consist of...
  • Link's hat (headgear)
  • Link's tunic (top)
  • Link's pants (bottoms)
  • Link's boots (shoes)
  • Master Sword (swordfighter weapon)
All five of these could be mixed and matched with different costume sets, allowing something like... let's say Link wearing Sans' hoodie and Sonic's shoes. If you thought Mii Fighters were meme material before, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • We wll have 50 assists!
  • My Samus alts win by default.
  • Vote here for Kirby's alts: https://strawpoll.com/polls/mpnboo9owg5
  • Pikachu alts will remain open throughout today.
  • Please vote for your top two custom characters for a ranked vote.
    • Tankman from Newgrounds' Mii Fighters
    • Nester (Master Hero Sock-on-Rye)
    • FazDude's Mii Fighters
Job 21: Submit a antagonistic fighter for the roster!

Time to bring on the bad guys! Please submit a character who is primarily known for being an antagonist in their series. (Note that antagonistic =/= evil; Mere rivals, such as the enemy boxers from Punch-Out, would also be acceptable!)

Job 22: Submit a stage from the 2D era of Nintendo!

Please submit a stage (with 1-8 music tracks) which hails from the Game & Watch, NES, SNES, or Game Boy (Color)! This can either be a stage from a "retro" franchise or based on a game from any of the listed consoles, even if their franchise has made the jump to later ones!

Also remember that Pikachu alt submissions are still open.

Submissions close tomorrow around noon.

Villain fighter submission:
Raven Beak (Metroid Prime)
1676912289758.png
Raven Beak, real name Ashkar Behek is a main villain of 2021 Nintendo game Metroid Dread and he is a Chozo who is also a high-ranked leader of Mawkin tribe. He appeared first in Samus Returns game in flashback, but he reappears in Metroid Dread as main villain.
Before the events of Metroid dread, he wanted to seal away the Metroids (but still wanted to use Metroid species for galactic peace) but when he heard about Thota tribe detonating the planet, he wanted to kill the tribe and it succeeded.
During the Dread events, his motive was to conquer, dominate, and even to use Samus' power for himself in order to become the strongest. When he encountered Samus, he was fighting with her but he was infected by X parasite and he became a giant space monster that Samus fought during the end of the game.

In terms of his moveset, he would mostly use his trusty blaster during most of his attacks (his neutral special would be missile shoot for example) and he would grab the opponents similarly to Ridley's side B. He would have strong aerial attacks due to being a bird-like alien fighter and he would even fly as up special. Also some of his moves would be carried over from Samus (that wouldn't mean that he would be Samus's clone or something).

Also his final smash would be his X parasite form that appeared during the final boss battle.

He would be mid-heavyweight zoner fighter with no additional movement options.

I know Ridley would be more logical choice for a Metroid villain character, but I feel that our roster needs a 2020's character, so that's why I chose Raven Beak as Metroid villain rep for game.

Votes for avatar:
1. Fazdude
2. Tankman

Last edited:
1: FazDude's Mii
2: Tankman's Mii

Pikachu's alts:
Default skin
Female Pikachu (Heart-shaped tail)
Goggles
Ash Ketchum's hat
Spiky-eared Pikachu
Raichu-colored fur
Pikachu Libre
Voltorb hat
Team Rocket shirt
Propeller cap
Charizard costume
Rock Star wig

Job #21: King Dedede (Kirby)

If antagonists can apply for this job, he's the main baddie of the Kirby series. And if rivals are really applicable, he can still file under that category.
Plus, he almost got in Smash 64, meaning he technically has a long-standing pedigree.

Job #22: Big Blue (F-Zero)

Just in case Captain Falcon doesn't get in, we should still give F-Zero something substantial in the reboot. So I nominate Big Blue as a stage.

Music:
F-Zero Medley
Big Blue (F-Zero)
Mute City (SSB Wii U)
White Land (SSB Brawl)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
1: FazDude's Mii
2: Tankman's Mii

Pikachu's alts:
Default skin
Female Pikachu (Heart-shaped tail)
Goggles
Ash Ketchum's hat
Spiky-eared Pikachu
Raichu-colored fur
Pikachu Libre
Voltorb hat
Team Rocket shirt
Propeller cap
Charizard costume
Rock Star wig

Job #21: King Dedede (Kirby)

If antagonists can apply for this job, he's the main baddie of the Kirby series. And if rivals are really applicable, he can still file under that category.
Plus, he almost got in Smash 64, meaning he technically has a long-standing pedigree.

Job #22: Big Blue (F-Zero)

Just in case Captain Falcon doesn't get in, we should still give F-Zero something substantial in the reboot. So I nominate Big Blue as a stage.
Please be sure to include 1-8 music tracks for Big Blue!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
1. Fazdude Mii
2. Nester

Edelgard
Actually, I’ll go with Meta Knight as he is a popular rival character in the Kirby franchise.
Meta Knight

For a retro stage, I’ll go with Excitebike Arena, which is based on the one in Crusade.
Excitebike Arena from Mario Kart 8 - The Legend of Zelda × Mario Kart 8 downloadable content.
Music:
Excitebike Arena: Mario Kart 8
Excite Truck
Famicom Medley
Title: NES Remix
Mach Rider

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1676946553733.png

Ridley
I feel like all the classic Nintendo villains should be on the chopping block when becoming a fighter, so Ridley is a logical choice.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • We will be using my Kirby alts!
  • Master Hero's Pikachu alts will be used.
  • My Mii Fighter pitch will be used.
  • Please vote for your top four villains - The top two will make it in!
    • Bowser (FazDude)
    • King K. Rool (Mamboo07)
    • Ganondorf (DragonRobotKing26)
    • Raven Beak (Tankman from Newgrounds)
    • King Dedede (Master Hero Sock-on-Rye)
    • Mewtwo (Northsouthmap)
    • Meta Knight (Pupp135)
    • Dark Matter (Qwerty UIOP)
    • Ridley (Glubbfubb)
  • Big Blue and Excitebike Arena will be added to the stage lineup by default.
Kinda on a time crunch, so today's job will be brief.
Job 23: Submit up to three Mii Fighter costume sets!
Please submit up to three sets of Mii Fighter costumes. Each set must consist of one of the following (though you don't have to have all of them):
  • Headgear
  • Top (shirts, for example)
  • Bottom (pants or skirts, for example)
  • Shoes
  • Weapon (please specify whether this item would be for Brawlers, Swordfighters, Gunners, or Mages)
These may be based on any Nintendo property, and they will not deconfirm any future fighters.

Submissions close tomorrow at noon!

Last edited:
1: Bowser
2: Ganondorf
3: King Dedede
4: King K. Rool

Mii Costume Set #1: Diddy Kong
Headgear: Diddy's Baseball Cap
Top: Diddy's Shirt
Weapon: Peanut Popgun (Gunner)

Mii Costume Set #2: Captain Falcon
Headgear: Captain Falcon's Helmet
Top: Captain Falcon's Jacket
Bottom: Captain Falcon's Pants
Shoes: Captain Falcon's Shoes
Weapon: Falcon Punch (Brawler; has a fire effect)

Mii Costume Set #3: Ashley
Headgear: Ashley's Wig
Top: Ashley's Cloak
Weapon: Ashley's Staff (Mage)

Top Bottom