• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: SEGA Superstars World Cup (Current Jobs: Amigo/Sakura/Chomp/Knuckles/Nei/Elenor movesets and collectables!)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
With hitbox bearing energy balls and an unlocalised theme song, you better believe we've got...

Trouble Bruin!

Pooks! This mischevious puppet bear from Dynamite Headdy loves to steal the show, so he's a perfect heel for a big game! His spider and grappling arm forms could give him a big advantage on court.

Perhaps we could also give his friendly facade from the original Japanese version some love too...

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Ideayas Explanation: The way that the Ideaya will work as that once you get it, it will stay with you. It works like a regular ball, but you can have multiple at the same time.
Alex Kidd Moveset:

Media Name: Mighty Mini from Mt.Eternal

Stats:
Speed: 5
Strength: 6
Defense: 2
Shooting:5
Passing: 5
Skill: 7

Super-Star Move: Janken Kick - Will kick the ball while he has a thought bubble with his foot over his head
All Star Move: When Enemies like These - Will summon a big Janken on the field,sending a shockwave to mess up your opponents
Star-Burst Move:Took a wrong turn at Shinobi World - Will briefly disappear for 3 seconds. Only works when standing still.
Goal-Star Move: Power Bracelet Block - Unleashes a force of Power Bracelet Energy Out

MVP: Alex Kidd will run across the stage with 8 bit Alex and Stella beside him. While running... Alex Kidd be bouncing a soccer ball over his head similar to his victory animation in Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Losing:A weight will fall on him releasing his spirit from his body

Kit: Wears a soccer shirt with similar colors to his SEGA All Stars Clothes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sketch Turner
From the 1995 beat em up game Comix Zone. Sketch is a struggling freelance rock musician and comic book artist who finds himself trapped inside his own series and having to save the world.

Sketch would be styled after his game, all his moves and kicks would come with "boom, bam, pow" comic book effects.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Guess what? He’s back! It’s everyone’s favorite aquatic mammal, Ecco the Dolphin!
1646979024366.png

Ecco will swim through the air, using his nose to push the ball around. He has slow but powerful kicks using his tail, and he can use his sonar for a ranged attack!

It’s explained that he has been granted the ability to swim through the air by his alien allies.

Last edited:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Job #23: Yui Mizuhara (Battle Golfer Yui)
Battle Golfer Yui3.png

Yui Mizuhara is the protagonist of the Japanese exclusive sports/rpg/graphic adventure game hybrid "Battle Golfer Yui". She and her best friend were kidnapped by a mad scientist for their golf skills, and experimented on to turn into an ultimate kind of golfer called "Battle Golfers". Together, they would have been used to take over the world, but she was broken out before she could have been brainwashed by the scientist.

While Yui would be out of her element on the soccer field, she would have her trusty golf club at the ready for any big strikes she needs.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #23: Prince Ali (Beyond Oasis)

1646978204147.png

A young man who wields a golden amulet that can summon four elemental spirits. He needs to find them all in order to thwart the plans of an evil wizard. His game is a top-down adventure game not unlike Zelda, where he uses a variety of weapons with limited use and magical attacks.

I find Ali's aesthetic more fitting to a sports game compared to other RPGs on the Master System/Genesis. Beyond Oasis is something of a cult classic and I think he'd bring some interesting abilities to the field.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job #23: Ristar
1647006272190.png

A character known to pretty much everyone who grew up with a Sonic-related collection since the year 2002, Ristar is the cute shooting star protagonist of the one-off Genesis game of the same name. It is a game that rewards thoughtful exploration and careful platforming with a rich and colorful world to explore, and much of that exploration is done through Ristar's stretchy arms that can grab and toss enemies like crazy. It is ultimately a game with very little true historical value outside of the impressive use of the Genesis sound chip and use of multilayered graphics, but ever since its inclusion in Sonic Mega Collection this little guy has won the hearts of plenty of fans, causing Sega to include his game in plenty of other collections since, including recently Nintendo Switch Online's Genesis app.

Ristar's small stature may make him a little outmatched on the field, but his impressive reach and iron grip make him the ideal goalie for any side. He's also capable of building up great momentum and launching himself forward recklessly - he is a shooting star after all! He's a plucky and determined little guy ready to have a little fun.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Stats:
Speed: 8
Strength: 6
Defense: 2
Shooting:9
Passing: 5
Skill: 7
Ah, your current stat total adds up to 37. All characters can only have 30 points total to share between the different stats. Could you rearrange your point total? I really like the Enchanted Castle bounce reference though, that's very cool!

Ironically, or (more likely) unsurprisingly for those who know me, I also prepared a moveset for Alex Kidd.

After Tails and Kurumi got benched, two of my favourites incidentally, I really didn't want to see my absolute favourite Sega character get benched too so I prepared a moveset myself in case the same scenario happened for him. It hasn't, but I'm kinda pleased with it so I'm throwing it in.

Job #24: Alex Kidd Moveset

Alex-Kidd.png

Media Nickname: The Miracle Kidd

Stats:
Speed:
Strength: 7
Shooting: 5
Defence: 1
Passing: 4
Skill: 8

Super-Star Move: Rock-Paper-Scissors Kick
Alex will punch the ground with his enlarged Shellcore infused fist shouting “ROCK!”, knocking those around him back with the impact and knocking the ball into the air.
He then slams his palm down, launching himself skywards whilst shouting “PAPER!” before becoming level with the ball, albeit upside down.
“SCISSORS!” he'll yell as he performs a scissor kick, a type of overhead acrobatic kick, blasting it into the goal with an enlarged Shellcore infused foot.

All-Star Move: Power Bracelet
Alex will throw a punch and throws out an energy blast from his fist, allowing him to tackle opponents from a distance. He will perform this three times before the Superstar meter runs out. It can also be used to deflect the ball although the timing will require some timing and skill from the player to pull off consistently.

Star Burst Move: Pedicoptor
Alex will break out his Pedicoptor heading skywards, taking the ball with him briefly, bouncing the ball off the Pedicoptor's blades. Using this Star Burst for too long will cause the ball to bounce away from Alex as it will only bounce off the blades and be considered in his control twice.

Whilst Alex is airborne he cannot be harmed at all, and it can be used defensively to shoot players who go for airborne balls out the sky. The trade off is Alex's Star Burst is considerably slower than most, setting him up better for a pass to a team mate than to help him quickly manuever up the field.

Goal-Star Move: Shellcore Block
Alex will grow his hands to ridiculous proportions, pretty much covering the goal entirely with his open palms, capable of blocking any shot on target before they shrink back to normal.

Goal Victories:
  1. Alex will run along with both hands up in a scissors/peace sign formation to the crowd before sliding onto his knees and eventually sitting on the floor, where he will devour a rice ball enthusiastically.
  2. Alex breaks out his Sukopako Motorcycle, performing donuts on the field.
  3. Alex will be greeted with a high five from a teammate, which he see's as 'paper' and immediately counters with 'scissors', much to the team mates bemusement.
MVP:
Alex and his Shellcore Master St. Nurari stand atop a stone slab performing synchronised punches and kicks together before both pull back their fist, enlargening them, and punch the stage beneath them. The stone shatters, leaving the word "MVP" carved from the rock. Alex will then triumphantly perform a peace sign whilst grinning whilst St. Nurari strokes his beard approvingly of Alex's progression in the Shellcore arts.

Losing:
  1. Alex will look dejected only for a 16t weight to fall atop him.
  2. Alex will suddenly stop, grow angel wings and float into the sky looking unamused.
  3. Alex will look over at the scoring opposing player who will punch the air in celebration. Alex, mistaking this for 'Rock' looks at his own hands that are performing 'scissors' and falls to his knees, utterly dejected.
Kit:
Alex's kit colours are based on his usual get up with a red shirt with yellow trim and a large blue badge mimicking his pendant. He wears blue football boots, red socks and red shorts, giving him his usual jump suit's appearance. The back of his shirt says “Kidd”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....I'm happy to announce Alex will be the first character to have a moveset vote!

That said, we still have 28 hours remaining on this job, so if you also have a moveset for the Kidd, feel free to throw it in!

------------------------

There's also just over four hours left to get your "Job #23: Mega Drive/Genesis players" in! If you haven't gotten yours in yet, now is the time!

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
61088082372268001a59535a.jpeg

I am once again going to resubmit Nei. I will get this woman in
Job #3: Nei from Phantasy Star II
Psii_artwork08.png

I'm also submitting the absolute legend, Nei, the female lead of Phantasy Star II. She is extremely based and she has a fun design for just about anything, and is also a huge fan-favorite PS character. Put her in the fighting game and the racing game and the sports game and the party game and-

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #23: Gunstar Blue
Gunstar-Blue-Bio.png

Gunstar Heroes is a ridiculously addictive run and gun game first debuting on the Mega Drive/Genesis and cementing Treasure as a....well... a treasure.

Some of the Gunstars special shots could be based on the different type of firearms the brothers use.

Now I know what you're thinking: why Gunstar Blue specifically?

1: Whilst the Gunstars would usually come as interchangable in fighting game rosters, I'm not sure if alts would work for this game.

2: Blue has the most consistent design between him and Red in both the original title and Super Heroes.

3: Blue seems to be showcased kicking in a lot of his art, something we don't see Red doing in any of his artwork.
]
Western Box Art:
Gunstar-Red-Gunstar-Blue-Orange-American-Box-Art.png

Japanese concept art:
Gunstar Blue.jpg

[

I'd honestly be fine with either Gunstar, but the kicking artwork pushes me slightly more towards Blue than Red in this scenario.

Mega Drive Character submission:
Vectorman (Vectorman) (1995)

Who is Vectorman?
Vectorman is main titular protagonist of self-titled game series "Vectorman" developed by Bluesky Software and published by SEGA on Sega Mega Drive/Genesis in 1995. He is an Green Orbot that cleans up the whole dystopian futuristic Earth from toxic waste after people left it before the games' events.
One day, Raster was watching the whole Earth by PlanetCom cameras (The ccamers that allow to see whole Earth from Space station) and then, a lesser attached a Warhead to his head by accident and he became evil. His plan was executing all humans who dare to return on Earth after spending time in Space.
However, when Vectorman heard about the news where Warhead Raster tries to destroy the World, he went for adventure through Futuristic Earth to save the world from Raster's evil plans.

After he defeated Raster, he saved the world and later after the events of the game, he went for adventure again just to defeat the Evil Widow queen and deadly Spiders in Vectorman 2.

How he could work in Soccer game?
Despite he is a Robot made out of green balls, this doesn't stop him from joining the Roster, since he could have a lot of moveset potential for Soccer game. One of Examples he could use Nucleus shield as Goal-star move to defend himself and the Goal or even turn himself into Tank as Star Burst Move, making him invulnerable for 5.5 seconds.
His Stats could show that he could focus on shooting and defense.
He could have a lot of potential in Sega Soccer World Cup, since he could be one of Obscure Sega characters and his series could bring a lot of potential in the game like Terraport as Stadium or Raster as sponsor character.

Why Vectorman?
Well, because he could be amazing addition in the Roster, since he would be first Robot character to appear in the Roster. Besides that, Vectorman could have a lot of potential in the game, since there are wonderful ideas to choose from for Vectorman.
Also, he could be worthy candidate, because his game were popular and they had pseudo-3D graphics that looked like Nintendo's Donkey Kong Country (Fun fact: Vectorman was an answer to Nintendo's Donkey Kong Country on SNES).
And I not going to tell all the reasons why he should join the Roster, but I really like him and I would want to see him playing soccer despite he is made out of metallic balls.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Is Arle eligible for this job.
She is kinda second party character that debuted on MSX, but appeared on Sega Mega Drive.
So she counts as Mega Drive character?
(I'm just asking)
I was thinking more characters that debuted on Mega Drive/Genesis for this particular job. I didn't specify that this time, so that's my fault.

Don't worry though, Arle will be valid for upcoming jobs for sure. For the record though, we are counting Arle as a Sega character for this game and there's little difference between first and what could be counted as second parties for eligibility in this one.

Third parties are a different story, but we'll tackle that later.

Last edited:
I was thinking more characters that debuted on Mega Drive/Genesis for this particular job. I didn't specify that this time, so that's my fault.

Don't worry though, Arle will be valid for upcoming jobs for sure. For the record though, we are counting Arle as a Sega character for this game and there's little difference between first and what could be counted as second parties for eligibility in this one.

Third parties are a different story, but we'll tackle that later.
So she is eligible for this job or not?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This entire conversation wasn't something I vectored in and I nearly became too distracted to blow the final whistle.

That said, we're only accepting one Vector this time round and it is of the man variety. The green man variety. The green non reptillian man variety.

Job #23: Mega Drive players

Anyway I hope you all had a blast with this job! Now let's process the new player signings:
  • First of all, there's Trouble Bruin thanks in no small part to his manager and mischief organiser Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario . This deadly puppet has six forms he can use to dish out some serious pressure on his opposition.
  • Sketch Turner is...well he's currently drawing our current roster, but he's also here to join the squad and for once he won't be settling for a draw when he plays. Submitted by his manager and editor @Darkonedagger
  • Ecco the Dolphin is here and you may be wondering how he's going to play due to a lack of legs. Well...he's defeated an alien race, has shapeshifted and mastered time travel. Only a fool would think he wouldn't be able to get his mind around hitting a ball into a net. That'll teach you. You foolish biped. Submitted by his manager and glyph in human...or bear form, Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear
  • Yui Mizuhara having mastered golf is moving onto new challenges and new sports. They're largely the same though right? Hit a ball a long distance up a big green field and try and get it into the goal to score a point? Submitted by her manager and golf caddy, PuyoWitch PuyoWitch
  • Prince Ali...no, not he, this one's from SEGA. The spirit summoning prince has his gold armlet on as well as his boots and he's ready to showcase his mastery of water, fire, shadows and plants and their applications to the pitch. Submitted by his manager and the secret fifth element of Sega knowlegde osby osby
  • Ristar is putting the 'star' in SEGA Superstars World Cup. He's also going to showcase why he's called a 'shooting' star with his kicks on goal, although with the reach he has he may be one of the very best goalkeeper options we've seen thus far! Submitted by his manager and keen astronomer Flyboy Flyboy
  • Nei is dead set on proving her skills on the field. This young superstar is fresh faced but has a bright future ahead of her, providing she remains as a striker on the pitch and doesn't go on any quests or anything. Submitted by her manager and family therapist Speed Weed Speed Weed
  • Gunstar Blue is taking some time off from protecting the planet from Golden Silver and has his eyes firmly set on just the gold. With multiple different shot types in his arsenal, Blue is ready to obtain the golden tournament cup instead. Submitted by his manager and gunsmith, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
  • Vectorman! He's a ball! He's a man! He has amazing reach perfect for goalkeeping, he has the ability to shapeshift giving him unusual shot abilities and if worse comes to worse, he can substitute in as a ball himself. The ever versatile Vectorman is submitted by his manager and inventor Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
And that's our lineup!

Please vote for your top 3, with your own submission in third. You have 24 hours to submit your votes

---------------------------------
Job #24: Alex Kidd Moveset

Alex Kidd Movesets will continue for another 24 hours. Currently we have two, but if you have one burning a hole in your mind, submit away and let's make it a hatrick!
------------------------------

Job #25: Submit a referee

All this constant whistle blowing to end the day reminds me that we need a referee to declare full time, half time, extra time and...well probably not call fouls. I somehow feel like any SEGA referee worth their salt isn't going to care how brutal things get on the pitch. Which is just how we like it sports fans!

So submit someone you think is suitable to blow that final whistle! The winning character will of course be unable to participate in matches as a player though, so think long and hard about who you want in this role! This role will be in all matches so this will be a major NPC in this game!

As always you have 24 hours to pick a referee!

See you tomorrow for the next job!

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Uhhh....
Vector from Despicable Me didn't existed in 90's and he doesn't know about SEGA, so that's not him.
The true Vectorman is Vectorman himself on SEGA Genesis!
Ezcept we don’t know his date of birth. Considering the Minions existed since prehistoric times, it gives credence that the true Vector aka the man child in the orange jumpsuit existed in this timeline and around the year 1990 given the level of technology we see. This means Vector was present in the 90’s. In addition, we don’t have proof that Sega doesn’t exist in Vector’s existing timeline thus leading potential credence that, like many other widely know companies, Sega is a thing in this timeline. There is potential that Vector was the original Vector and this Vectorman is, to quote a popular term song chads of all ages, sus.

D

Deleted member

1. Nei
2. Ristar
3. Ecco

Last edited by a moderator:
My Votes:
1. Ristar (Looks cool)
2. Nei (Well, she looks nice, so yes)
3. Vectorman (Self-Vote, but I would imagine him being a tank on stadium)

Job 25:
Professor Asobin

Professor Asobin is an unofficial Sega Mascot (He was S-1000's mascot actually) that existed during early 1980's and he is an intelligent rabbit dressed as a Professor.
He is one of Most obscure SEGA characters that appeared in Segagaga as one of supporting characters. He made even Cameo in Sega Hard Girls.

As a referee, he could act like Referee, where he could use yellow card to warn the player and red card to disqualify the player for cheating. Also, he could give you some tips on loading screens like Sonic in SaSAR and it's sequel.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Nei - I love her and I love Phantasy Star II. She's just such a fun character and has so many roles she can fit in.
2. Yui - I can just imagine her special shots so perfectly in my head. Such a funny and fun choice.
3. Ristar - I just think he's neat :)

Job 25: Buono Isozaki (Yakuza Kiwami 2)
1647037581519.png

Yes!
It's Buono Isozaki, the energetic and colorful play-by-play announcer for the Cabaret Club Grand Prix, a tournament to determine Sotenbori's best spot for nightlife! For now, he's taking a leave of commentating the wild world of women and wine and refereeing the equally-wacky world of kicks and cleats. From striped ties to striped shirts! He's a cheerful character, but rumor has it he isn't as always on the straight-and-narrow as he likes to appear...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. Ecco: I've been pushing for him in Battle of Ages, you think I'm going to let a chance to get him here slip through my hands?
  2. Yui: Just ridiculous enough that I adore it.
  3. Ristar: Poor guy missed out on a playable role in the last All-Stars game...he deserves a chance too!
Shout out to Nei and Vectorman who very nearly made third place before I gave it to Ristar due to his previous close calls. I adore Nei and hope to see her in at some point, and Vectorman suits this wacky game very well.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
For refree, I will submit an actual referee. The Football Manager to be exact(Nobody tell him that this will be a soccer game yet, he doesn't know.)

And question... If Vectorman gets accepted...and he is made out of balls... and he will be in a game about kicking balls... Can we kick the Vectorman in pieces? This question is both made from comedy and genuine curiosity.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job # 25: SEGA Referee: Bug

Bug-NA-Box-Art.png

"This is the character! This is the character that is going to do it for Saturn!"
- Steven Spielberg. Allegedly.

It's easy to point and laugh at the absurdity of the above quote about Bug with the power of hindsight: Bug is a barely remembered platformer, he's considered incredibly irritating by today's standards and the Saturn was a complete objective commercial failure.

But back in the early Saturn days this insect was pushed hard appearing in many press releases and adverts surrounding the Saturn. Bug was one of the earliest 3D platformers, arriving before even Super Mario 64 was unleashed on the world and showed what 3D could truly do.

Bug! itself isn't even a bad game, it's just nothing particularly special by today's standards and was quickly eclipsed by Nintendo's 3D output. It even managed to nab a sequel, so it seems the sales for the initial game weren't too awful.

Bug is an aspiring actor known for spouting movie quips(probably why Spielberg was so into him. Allegedly.) who will take on any role providing enough cameras are on him.
Given how many eyes would be watching the Sega Superstars World Cup, taking on a role where he can showcase his range such as starting the game, finishing the game, getting into arguments with the various players and somehow managing to keep a feeling of neutrality the entire time would likely appeal to him.

Also he can be crushed cartoonishly by the ball as an end of match cinematic, so even if you dislike Bug, there's that sort of slapstick Looney Tunes-esque humour he can bring to the role.

-----------------

9 Hours remain on all jobs! Votes, Referees and Alex Kidd movesets! Get them in!

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
And that is tiiiiime!

Job #23: Mega Drive/Genesis player results:
  • Trouble Bruin: 1
  • Sketch: 0
  • Ecco: 13
  • Yui: 5
  • Prince Ali: 0
  • Ristar: 17
  • Nei: 15
  • Gunstar Blue: 6
  • Vectorman: 3
So as close as it was it looks like our Mega Drive player is the shooting star himself, Ristar! Congratulations to the star hero for finally making it as a Sega Superstar and we welcome them to the next level!

----------------------------------

Job #24: Alex Kidd Movesets

Far from being stuck on the bench, Alex Kidd is our first character to get two moveset options!

Please read the options available here:
And then please vote for your preferred Radaxian Rascal skillset here:
Qwerty UIOP or YoshiandToad's moveset?

----------------------------------

Job #25: Referees!

Being the referee is a thankless task, but someone has to do it! Let's take a look at our candidates who will be wearing the black and white stripes on the field!
  • Professor Asobin has many years under his belt at giving tips and tricks out, so he knows all the tricks in the playbook. Submitted by his career guide, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Buono Isozaki is a charismatic man with years of experience as an announcer for the Cabaret Grand Prix, but it never hurts to diversify your portfolio a little and this refereeing gig seemed like the perfect chance to do so...hopefully he's aware it's not quite as glamourous as what he's used to...submitted by regular Cabaret Club attendee, Flyboy Flyboy
  • Football Manager likely knows more about football than everyone else on the pitch combined...although he's decided to go for a career move from manager to referee. Hopefully he's not too biased towards his previous club if they make an appearance. Submitted by his previous team's fan club president Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP
  • Bug heard there'd be cameras pointed at him when he accepted this gig. He's used to playing the role of a beloved hero, so to diversify he's decided to try his hand at playing the most hated person on the pitch, the referee. Submitted by his agent, me, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Please vote for your top 2. No self votes this time due to the small selection.

Whoever wins this will be present in every match and will be able to interact with players.

Remember that for future moveset jobs as you can have them interacting with the winner of this round for their losing, winning or MVP animations.

-------------------------------------

Job #26: Submit a Mega Drive/Genesis Stadium

So we have our Mega Drive/Genesis player, unsurprisingly we're now delving into a stadium for them to play in.

Please create a stadium based off of a Mega Drive/Genesis Sega title, and remember to include information about aesthetics, gimmicks, audience members, hazards and all that beautiful stufff.

As always! This job will last for! TWENTY. FOUR. HOUUUUUUUURS!

We'll see you tomorrow sports fans for more results, jobs and votes!

Top Bottom