• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards creates - Project X Zone 3: Fractured Bloodlines (Current Job: Chapter 1)

The fate of Reiji and Xiaomu

• Cut them

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Keep them, but not as the main protagonists

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Keep them as the main protagonists

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Akari - 13
Saki - 7
Volt Bros - 5
Kiran - 1

And our new character is Akari Ichijou from the Last Blade! She'll bring a whole load of SNK cameos with her.

Job 40: Pre-Battle Conversions
The interactions between characters is a large part of the appeal of these games. Getting to see these weird and wonderful characters interact, and all the fun that comes with that. Submit some pre battle Conversions. Say who the characters and are and explain it a bit. You fan just pitch something but you can wirre them out if you want. Have fun with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
What's our roster looking like right now?
You know so i can see if i can come up with some pre battle conversatons.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Frank: "Hey ladies, you think you could get into a pose once we win this fight? It'd make a great shot!"

Sakura A: "A p-photo with me and Sakura San together? I-i have to get myself ready for that!"

Sakura S: "Just fight like you always do, there's no pressure."

Or something like that.

Also wanted to use Frank for one where he comments about how good of an article it would be to grab a shot with Harp note and Megaman. A super hero/ pop idol duo. But i couldn't think of a good piece of dialogue for it.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS: Target locked on. Commencing combat mode.
Sami: Woah! Shion, can I borrow her for my army?
Shion: Sur- wait! KOS-MOS wasn't made for that purpose!

Also, I'd write something for Ruby + Vyse & Aika if I knew enough about them.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Ok slay let's make more OCs.

Job 41: An Active Member of Ouma-EU
So our story is about Javier and Valeria and their legacies as descendants of an Ouma-EU member. Let's make an OC for this momentous occasion. Some suggestions on how to make them cool:
  1. A name
  2. A nationality (or nationalities)
  3. A connection to our protags
  4. Weapon of choice?
  5. Motivation?
  6. Feel free to add whatever you like!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was thinking a Lynx woman, since those are native to parts of Europe, and it would fit into a Catgirl sort of fanservice archtype that Fox girls and bunny girls fit into in past games.

Connection to the protags would simply be that she knew one of the parents of the protagonists, said parent took something that Ouma needs for one of their plans now, haven't thought ahead for what that is, but she and her mooks go searching for the protagonists in search for this object.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
yes hadokeyblade you slayed!

I'm going to add on my ideas about Ouma EU in a further post, but let's start our next job right now!

42: 2010's/2020's characters

As osby osby mentioned when we were submitting prompts, we are lacking in a lot of newer faces. While we have a lot of classic characters and popular faces, Project X Zone also serves to promote new and recent titles whenever possible. Let's find a way to represent some new faces. The only criteria is that these characters must have debuted in a period AFTER 2010. We'll be doing a pair and a solo for this job as well, just to bump up the numbers. For the pair, only one of them needs to be from after 2010, however, they must both be from the same company.

In short:

For pairs: one or more must be from after 2010 and both must be from the same company. They can be from different games if you so desire, but they must be from the same company.

For solos: they MUST be from after 2010.

ok bye have fun

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So do they have to be from a SERIES from 2010's? Or just from a new game in the 2010's?

Because im just going to go with this:

Joker and Queen, Persona 5
(2016, Sega)

The leader of the phantom thieves and the groups most popular female member, both hang around Shibuya, both deal with weird supernatural stuff and changing people's hearts.
I think it would make sense for someone like Reiji to know who they are seeing as the government in the Persona universe has investigated shadow related incidents before which would probably fall in Shinra's jurisdiction.

It just makes sense for the universe of this series.
If this gets the most votes i'm going to submit another Persona character for a solo unit slot down the line, i just wanted to mention that.

As for solo unit, i'm just going to resubmit my previous solo suggestion:

Henry Fleming (Codename Steam)
Solo unit

I can kinda see him bouncing off of the Sakura Wars characters, both come from strategy games based in steampunk settings. So it kinda works.
He's the protagonist of Intelligent systems underrated Codename Steam, where he and other old book characters team up to fight aliens to attack the steampunk world they live in.

Theme:

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
So do they have to be from a SERIES from 2010's? Or just from a new game in the 2010's?

Because im just going to go with this:

Joker and Queen, Persona 5
(2016, Sega)

The leader of the phantom thieves and the groups most popular female member, both hang around Shibuya, both deal with weird supernatural stuff and changing people's hearts.
I think it would make sense for someone like Reiji to know who they are seeing as the government in the Persona universe has investigated shadow related incidents before which would probably fall in Shinra's jurisdiction.

It just makes sense for the universe of this series.
If this gets the most votes i'm going to submit another Persona character for a solo unit slot down the line, i just wanted to mention that.
Just the game in 2010's

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 20: Hugo Pennywort & Alisa Ilinichina Amiella (God Eater)
  • Names: Hugo & Alisa​
  • Origin: God Eater series (2010)​
    • Hugo is from God Eater 3
    • Alisa is from God Eater 1, but she uses her appearance from God Eater 2 (Rage Burst)​

• Company: Bandai-Namco
  • Themes
    • While I doubt we would actually have to deal with copyright and other issues, it is important to note that Over the clouds was removed from the overseas release of Project X Zone and replaced with God and Man, and in Project X Zone 2, it went completely unused in favor of No Way Back. Over the clouds would receive a new remix if it were actually in though, since the version from PXZ hurts my ears.
    • Hugo
    • Alisa
  • Playstyle
    • Basically the same as the other God Eater pairs in Project X Zone. Hugo and Alisa have similar God Arcs (their weapons), so what makes them stand out from other pairs would be the new abilities introduced in God Eater 3 like Engage.
God Eater is a pretty large franchise for Namco. Alisa has appeared in both Project X Zone games, the first in her debut appearance and the second sporting new drip from God Eater 2. She was paired with another playable character from God Eater in the first game, Soma Schicksal, and appears in the second as a solo unit. God Eater has received an anime based on about half of the events of the first game as told by an OC, but Alisa acts much like a secondary protagonist in that. She's a New-Type God Eater from the Russian Branch of Fenrir with a complex past. While Soma is the only character who has appeared in every God Eater game, Alisa is basically the mascot of the series, so it'd be fitting to include her over Soma. This time, she'd appear with the male lead from God Eater 3, Hugo. God Eater 3 introduces AGEs, Adaptive God Eaters, who are much more resistant to the Aragami threat than their predecessors. Hugo is one of such AGEs, belonging to the Pennywort port. Overall, I think of the God Eater 3 characters, he and Claire have the best shot, but I went with Hugo since he's a lot more active than she is in the plot (based on my experience) and pretty much more interesting. The series also just recently celebrated its anniversary, happy anniversary God Eater!
Throwing Hugo & Alisa back in here for the pair.

aaand for solo, I would do a Nintendo character but this would be a bit thematically appropriate:

Io (Code Vein) - Bandai-Namco
I don't know anything about Code Vein but we should put her in.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 20 Pair

Alfonse and Sharena (Fire Emblem Heroes, 2017, Nintendo)

This Brother Sister duo from Fire Emblem Heroes, Fire Emblem needs no introduction really, It's one of Nintendo's premiere series.

Alfonse would attack with his sword strikes and Sharena would be an expert with a lance and they could even incorporate their many alts like Bunny Alfonse and Bunny Sharena. Even Feh herself could make an appearance

in terms of music

Alfonse - Fire Emblem Theme (Premium Arrange)
Sharena - Gear Up For...

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
2010s Pair: Velvet Crowe and Laphicet (Tales of Berseria)

4E17D61B-F455-442E-92EE-B57AF86E9DFE.jpeg

0F629DD5-D8D7-40AE-8505-C2F095AEACE5.jpeg

I’m surprised we don’t have the obligatory Tales of rep in here yet, and Velvet is arguably one of the more unique options we could go with so I’m going to push for her here. I haven’t gotten super far into Berseria, but I really like Velvet’s vibes and Laphicet seems to be one of the more pivotal party members plot-wise so it just makes sense to pair them together. Velvet has a cool powerful demon arm that eats people and Laphi can attack with magic paper.

For music:
Velvet - True Will
Laphi - Shout Your Soul

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #20:

a - Pair Unit:
Yuito Sumeragi & Kasane Randall (Scarlet Nexus - Bandai Namco)
1648621733061.png
1648621794088.png

Yuito and Kasane are the protagonists of the 2021 action RPG title Scarlet Nexus. The game features both of their perspectives to tell its story and they both have the same Psychokinesis ability. As a pair of gifted teens enrolled in a program to fight extradimensional monsters, they use their powers to control their weapons and any other objects around themselves, as well as copy the various psychic powers of their teammates.

I think the sheer amount of abilities the duo have access to make them a natural fit to being pair units, as well as neither of them having clear importance over the other.

b - Solo Unit: Teru Tondo (THE iDOLM@STER: SideM - Bandai Namco)

1648622815733.png

I know an iDOLM@aster character has been proposed before but I want to nominate my own choice.

SideM is a mobile spinoff title from the main series and it mainly sets itself apart by starring male idols. Starting in 2014, the side series spawned multiple games and adaptations. Teru himself is one of the three "starter" idols of the original game, the de facto leader of his idol group DRAMATIC STARS.

While he was a lawyer before starting a carrier in the entertainment industry, Teru is a huge tokusatsu fan and wants to be a hero of justice one day. Therefore, he can use his athletic skills in battle, on top of using his singing to boost his allies' morale. He can also change costumes to wield various props he used in his stage shows, such as boxing gloves, ray guns, and spears. He can even wield the flaming sword he used in his guest role in Granblue Fantasy.

On a final note, just imagine his interactions with Phoenix Wright.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
2010's/2020's Character (Pair)
Shohei Yakumo & Nuwa - Shin Megami Tensei V (SEGA)

This may seem a bit random... but hear me out here. Project X Zone essentially prides itself on character interactions, and well, Shin Megami Tensei as a series really doesn't offer a lot of protagonists that aren't silent. As much as I love Flynn and Nahobino, I don't think they really fare well in these types of games. Now that doesn't really have to be a bad thing though, as we could make way for other major characters to shine instead! And well, in the case of Shin Megami Tensei V, I'm picking both Yakumo and Nuwa as a pair to represent the game. Also, uh, yeah, if you haven't played SMTV yet and want to remain completely unspoiled, maybe don't read the next few paragraphs.

So before I try and make a case for them, let me briefly introduce them real quick. Let's start with Yakumo, he is a character that gets introduced as a mysterious figure. It gets explained that due to his father's death by the hands of a demon, he resents them as a whole, believing them to be nothing more than parasites who prey upon humans. Ironically however, he ends up siding with Nuwa, a demon and the Chinese goddess of creation, and they fall in love with each other. Yakumo's initial goal was to rid the world of all gods and demons, although with Nuwa being a demon herself and the two reciprocating their feelings for each other, they realized that this option was impossible. And you, the protagonist, watch their demon-hating ideology evolve over the course of the game. Yakumo is also very stern, believing that people who aren't willing to fight are better off dead anyway, which could spawn some good interactions with characters that have a more lax and laidback nature. Meanwhile Nuwa is more of an observer, judging others based on their actions.

Alright, so why these characters instead of any other major alignment pair? Alright let me make my case here. Both Yakumo and Nuwa represent the Neutral alignment in SMTV, and you encounter both during various signifact plot points. You also encounter them both seperately as bosses, which is unlike the other pairs in the game, which also makes way for more moveset material for both characters. Being the Neutral representatives of the game, it is them who you should follow to get the True Neutral Ending. You also interact and explore these characters way more than any other. They are also a cute couple, and I think PxZ3 could benefit from this chemistry heavily. And as a fun side note, Yakumo is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita, who did the voice for both Axel and Chrom in PxZ2, I can see some funny interactions referencing this.

And besides Yakumo being from SMTV, he is very reminiscent of an iconic protagonist from the series. A one Devil Summoner, if you will. Wait, talking about Devil Summoners....

2010's/2020's Character (Solo)
Ringo - Soul Hackers 2 (SEGA)

Ringo. She's the protagonist of the newly upcoming Megami Tensei game, Soul Hackers 2. While the game hasn't come out yet, I wouldn't put it past SEGA to put her in a big crossover game to promote it, as a big standalone sequel to a fairly niche subseries of the SMT IP is a big financial risk in itself. Hopefully the game itself not being out yet doesn't prove to be too much of a hassle to the thread.

Funnily enough, despite being a Megaten protagonist, Ringo is not silent (and also has a canon name AND a personality, woah). Which makes it all the more easier for us to integrate her in PxZ3. As for her background, she is a supernatural being who has been sent as an agent to earth for a mission. Besides having a plethora of skills on her disposal, she is able to perform "Soul Hacks" which we could somehow incorporate into her skillset, and in various cases in battle she can pull off a "Sabbath", which is an essentially similar to Persona's All-Out Attacks. So yeah, she got moves alright.

So why solo? While it is true that Ringo isn't alone in her series and seems to have a plethora of crewmates, the only viable candidate (as of now) I can see being fit for her in a pair is Figue. Who is pretty much Ringo's twin sister all things considered, as she has similar origins to her. But alas, Figue does not participate in combat and is only really in charge of non-physical support during battle, which would make it hard for us to incorporate a full moveset for her. Although she would definitely get mentioned, or could even appear as a cameo.

As a last note, we could put Ai Ho in somehow. This game could sell 1 trillion copies, and the opportunity lays right there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Asura and Yasha (Asura's Wrath)
Two rivals turned eventual allies. This brother in law duo are two extremely powerful deities. Asura's Wrath is a really cool game that deserves its duo in a crossover game.
Solo:

Darli Dagger (Samurai Showdown)
Wow cool pirate lady. She was a pretty popular character upon her reveal and is leaked to be getting into KOF15. She could have fun interactions with Ruby Heart and the skies of arcada duo.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
woah where'd I go (sorry LOL)

Administrative update: I'll probably be updating around this time from here on out since the usual updating time doesn't work as well for me anymore considering my schedule changed. Sorry for being in the dark about it, there was a bit on my plate that I had to get sorted out so I couldn't open SmashBoards as often. With that out of the way:

Let's vote!

Joker & Queen (Persona 5) Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade [SEGA]
Hugo Pennywort & Alisa Illinichina Amiella (God Eater 3 & God Eater) airConditioner airConditioner [Bandai-Namco]
Alfonse & Sharena (Fire Emblem Heroes) cashregister9 cashregister9 [Nintendo]
Velvet Crowe & Laphicet (Tales of Berseria) OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos [Bandai-Namco]
Yuito Sumeragi & Kasane Randall (Scarlet Nexus) osby osby [Bandai-Namco]
Shohei Yakumo & Nuwa (Shin Megami Tensei V) Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto [SEGA]
Asura & Yasha (Asura's Wrath) @Darkonedagger [Capcom]

Henry Fleming (Code Name S.T.E.A.M.) Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade [Nintendo]
Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls) cashregister9 cashregister9 [Bandai-Namco]
Io (Code Vein) airConditioner airConditioner [Bandai-Namco]
Teru Tondo (THE IDOLM@STER: SideM) osby osby [Bandai-Namco]
Ringo (Soul Hackers 2) Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto [SEGA]
Darli Dagger (Samurai Shodown 2019) @Darkonedagger [SNK]

Wow what a selection! Please pick your top 3 in each category :)

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Shohei Yakumo & Nuwa
  2. Velvet Crowe & Laphicet
  3. Yuito Sumeragi & Kasane Randall

1. Ringo
  2. Henry Fleming
  3. Io

D

Deleted member

1. Persona 5
2. Tales
3. Scarlet Nexus

1. Solaire
2. Ringo
3. Darli

airConditioner

Smash Ace
oh thank GOD i'm not spunch bop anymore... anyways

Our results:

Take my word for it I counted it. I don't feel like typing everything up so

Our winners are Velvet & Laphicet from Tales of Berseria, continuing to fill up the Namco pair slots even more! And we have a tie betwween Ringo from Soul Hackers and Solaire from Dark Souls! I think we can take both of them! Wow!! My dark soul is being hacked... im boutta shout my soul. Hhahahaa.

Okay for the next one...

43: Another Major Boss
Another verse, same as the first! A whole lot better and a whole lot worse! Submit a major boss character who will have influence over the story. For reference, we've already added Geese Howard. Your boss may be from any of the 5 companies represented. However, please make sure your character is major boss worthy. This can mean several things according to those who interpret it. I don't care how you interpret it, but as long as your boss is major enough and you can prove it to everyone else, it should be fine. And maybe don't have another Fatal Fury boss, though I don't think we would be having... White or Kain as major bosses anytime soon. Ok bye!

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Bringing back world’s best jellyfish mom
Job #21 - Lusamine (Pokèmon)

View attachment 345833

Lusamine is the main antagonist of Pokèmon Sun and Moon. She’s the president of the Aether Foundation, an organization whose main goal is supposed to be the protection of Pokèmon. It’s soon revealed that her true motivations are a lot more sinister than initially thought. Fixated on finding the Ultra Beast Nihilego, Lusamine is looking to open up an Ultra Wormhole so that she may meet her objects of obsession.

There were a few options I was mulling over for a Pokèmon villain, including the superboss from Legends: Arceus, but I ultimately decided on Lusamine because she’d make for a super unique boss fight. During Sun and Moon’s climax, she fuses herself with Nihilego, and I’d imagine that for her boss fight in this game you’d actually get to fight her while she’s fused with the Ultra Beast. You don’t actually fight the Nihilego fused Lusamine herself in Sun and Moon and instead just have a battle with her regular team, but I say we make up for that here and go all out with her. Plus with the plot of the Alola games revolving heavily around interdimensional shenanigans and wormholes, you could easily justify Lusamine’s inclusion as her ending up in the Project X Zone world after going through the Ultra Wormhole. I just think Lusamine is neat.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #43: Balder (Bayonetta - Sega)

1648906692456.png

The main antagonist of Bayonetta and a Lumen Sage who plays an important role in the second game, too. He and Bayo have a long and complicated history and seeing how he has a human side to him, he can have an interesting dynamic with the heroes. Also, since he is over five hundred years ago, it will be interesting if characters from different time periods knew him.

D

Deleted member

1. Balder
2. Wesker

Last edited by a moderator:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Weskine 10
Lusamine 3
Baldine 8

Congrats Mr. Albert Wesker! He makes his grand debut in the Project X Zone series as a major boss! What kind of silly zombies and other parasites will he unleash upon our pals.

Speaking of pals.

We've got a lot of them. Let's go deeper. Dig deep into the depths. Let's pull something from our developers' graves, something that no one would ever see coming.
Solo Character: 44 - A Deep Cut
What makes a deep cut? I think it's something unexpected, something that you would never see them bringing back. Something with only a line of text documented on a wiki. But in the end, it's up to you to decide. Who will you drag from the depths to join our roster? Of course, deep cuts and joke characters and retro characters all occupy a similar niche, however, it doesn't have to be any of the latter two. As long as you consider them a deep cut and can explain to the rest of the class why they're a deep cut. And as always... follow the character submission guidelines! I think that's everything? @ me if you need clarification!

D

Deleted member

tumblr_omd21uweao1vjc6feo1_540 (1).png

Reiko Nagase (Ridge Racer)
We've got fighting game characters, jrpg characters, VN characters, rhythm game characters and many more. But you know what we really need? A racing game character. She was actually a pretty popular character for a time but I don't think many would be expecting her to show up here. She would have moves based around her role as a race queen, including summoning cars.

Top Bottom