• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Excuse me, i'd like to correct the number of stages on the roster. It claims you have 18 stages voted in however i did the counting and found we have added 20 out of 24 stages in the game so far.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Figured this might be a good time to jump on the moveset train. Here's how I imagine Ellen would play.

Square Attacks: Slash/Destroy. Ellen attacks with shockwaves, blades, and blasts made of magical energy coming from her hands. These are quick and can get Ellen out of tight situations but their high-end lag and weak damage output force her to depend on her other button attacks for combos and finishing closing stocks.

Triangle Attacks: Water/Wind/Thunder. Ellen attacks with elements corresponding to directional inputs. Wind is used in upwards attacks and "recover". Water is used for left and right attacks and has the highest knockback but lowest damage in her moveset. Thunder is used for her down-input attacks and can deal high damage. These are Ellen's main tools for attacking.

Circle Attacks: Folk Summon. Ellen summons different Folks (creatures of the Netherworld in Folklore) to her aid. Similar to Fat Princess, these summoned folks have a delay between their summoning and their attack, allowing Ellen to set up combos and traps. She utilizes Bug-a-boo to deal heavy physical damage to wide areas, Killmoulis to create protective barriers that can trap opponents, Treant to rush and quickly close gaps, and Shefro to stun enemies. These folks have their own health and depleting them will force Ellen to wait for a while before summoning that particular folk again.

Level 1: Id Absorb. Ellen reaches forward with a tendril of energy. If it catches an opponent, she'll drain their health by a large amount, healing herself slightly and resetting her folk cooldowns.

Level 2: Transcension. Keats, Ellen's co-protagonist appears and rushes to attack the nearest enemy after a short while, dealing heavy damage and knockback before disappears, mumbling something about his article. If anyone attacks Ellen before he attacks, he'll always aim for them first.

Level 3: Cloak of Midnight Sun. Ellen goes through a magical girl transformation and dons the Cloak of Midnight Sun. For a short while, she can only attack with three Folks, however, they are tremendously powerful. With Square, she summons Bargest which hits the ground and creates a shockwave powerful enough to cover the entire floors of most stages. With Triangle, she summons Daru, which whips a big area in front of it with its wines. With Circle, she summons Mabinogion, which sends thunder projectiles that travels far and creates a large electrical explosion. Ellen can end this state prematurely by summoning Habetrot and inflicting sleep status on all the other fighters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Excuse me, i'd like to correct the number of stages on the roster. It claims you have 18 stages voted in however i did the counting and found we have added 20 out of 24 stages in the game so far.
My mistake - I updated the list of stages, but I forgot to change the number. I fixed it!

Anyway, here are the nominations for the rivalries. Like usual, we'll vote for the top three, the top two overall will make it in (so four characters in total), and you can only put your own nomination in third.

-2B (Nier Automata) vs. Knack (Knack) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Colonel Radec (Killzone) vs. Fetch (inFamous) (@VGamer01)
-Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog) vs. Yu Narukami (Persona 4) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-Klonoa (Klonoa) vs. Bubsy (Bubsy) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Cole McGrath (inFamous) vs. Jesse Faden (Control) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Filbo Fiddlepie (Bugsnax) vs. Kulche (LocoRoco) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Yu Narukami (Persona 4) vs. Raiden (Metal Gear) ( CheeseAnton CheeseAnton )
-Ash (Concrete Genie) vs. Amaterasu (Okami) ( CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash )
-Nariko (Heavenly Sword) vs. Ari and Stan (Okage: Shadow King) ( osby osby )
-Delsin Rowe (inFamous) vs. Sir Galahad (The Order: 1886) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )

My votes are...

1. Yu Narukami vs. Raiden
2. Ash vs. Amaterasu
3. 2B vs. Knack

---

While we're on the topic of rivalries, we can also nominate a neutral stage to serve as the location for rival battles - sort of like this game's equivalent of Battlefield or Final Destination, a straightforward stage with no hazards. While the original game had a stage that served this purpose (and if anyone wants to bring it back, they can), I have something else in mind: a stage based on the PlayStation 2 start-up screen. (not sure what to call it. Maybe it's best to keep it simple and call it Rival Stadium)

While the start-up screen has an overhead shot of an area with a bunch of rectangular prisms of various sizes, this stage will be on the ground level instead. Glassy cubes and four coloured lights (the same colours as the square, triangle, X, and circle buttons) float around in the background, which shifts between blue, purple, and red. The stage will be boxed in, making it more like a traditional fighting game stage.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
My mistake - I updated the list of stages, but I forgot to change the number. I fixed it!

Anyway, here are the nominations for the rivalries. Like usual, we'll vote for the top three, the top two overall will make it in (so four characters in total), and you can only put your own nomination in third.

-Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog) vs. Yu Narukami (Persona 4) ( ivanlerma ivanlerma )
-Cole McGrath (inFamous) vs. Jesse Faden (Control) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Delsin Rowe (inFamous) vs. Sir Galahad (The Order: 1886) ( GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 )

My votes are...

2. Ash vs. Amaterasu
3. 2B vs. Knack

---

While we're on the topic of rivalries, we can also nominate a neutral stage to serve as the location for rival battles - sort of like this game's equivalent of Battlefield or Final Destination, a straightforward stage with no hazards. While the original game had a stage that served this purpose (and if anyone wants to bring it back, they can), I have something else in mind: a stage based on the PlayStation 2 start-up screen. (not sure what to call it. Maybe it's best to keep it simple and call it Rival Stadium)

While the start-up screen has an overhead shot of an area with a bunch of rectangular prisms of various sizes, this stage will be on the ground level instead. Glassy cubes and four coloured lights (the same colours as the square, triangle, X, and circle buttons) float around in the background, which shifts between blue, purple, and red. The stage will be boxed in, making it more like a traditional fighting game stage.
1. 2B Vs. Knack
2. Cole McGrath Vs, Jesse Faden
3. Yu Narukami Vs. Shadow

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Voting was hard this time, because now that we add a lot of the more obvious choices, there's more room for original characters. Also a lot of these duos I like a lot one of the characters, but I don't really care or know little about the others.

1. Delsin Rowe and Sir Galahad. Delsin feels like he should be there with how Infamous was popular and he has 4 different powers so he could be a lot of fun. I know nothing about the order 1886 (and honestly I mostly heard bad or mixed things about the game), but I think he could be fun.
2. Filibo vs Kulche. I already voted for Filibo when he was nominated in the past, and while I'm not sure how Kulche would fight, I think this type of weird fighters are always fun.
3. Radec vs Fetch. This is very similar to Delsin and Galahad rivalry. I think Fetch is a better protagonist than Delsin, but since she only have one power I think she would not be as fun in All stars. I actually liked a lot Radec so I would like him to come back.

Honorable mentions: I would have vote easily 2B first if it wasn't the fact that she come with Knack. Sorry Knack fans.

D

Deleted member

1. Nariko vs Ari and stan (i love okage, would love to it somehow in the game)
2. Cole vs jesse (.... this is too lit to not vote for)
3.Klonoa vs bubsy (this is completely just for klonoa, i don't really care for bubsy)

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
For this game's neutral stage, I propose bringing back the rival arena from the original All-Stars, with a new look and a new name: Cross Zone.

The dark blue hues of the crystalline space are shifted to an ominous purple, as the power of Polygon Man takes influence. The wisps and symbols that drift by are sharper and harsher, and the background has a kaleidoscopic quality due to converging realities.

This stage can be considered a Playstation All-Stars 1 stage, invaded by Playstation All-Stars 2. Every so often, a portal will appear in the background showing one of the Memories in the player's collection. Soon a swarm of polygons flies through the portal, enveloping and consuming the Memory before closing the portal. The actual stage is not affected by this invasion.

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Colonel Radec (Killzone) vs. Fetch (inFamous): Both Killzone and inFamous are big enough franchises that feel like they should be in. Also, Fetch is the closest we get to have Goku in the game.
  2. Yu Narukami (Persona 4) vs. Raiden (Metal Gear): I'm a big Persona fan and Raiden was such an underrated addition in the first game. Also electric katana vs electric katana needs to happen.
  3. Nariko (Heavenly Sword) vs. Ari and Stan (Okage: Shadow King): Dunno, the guy who nominated them was realy convincing.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. 2B vs. Knack: this rivalry is sheer genius. And both 2B, as a modern icon from a PS exclusive, and Knack, as Knack, feel like natural inclusions.
2. Nariko vs. Ari & Stan: I was convinced by the description, sounds like these two being opposed is very organic. I liked Heavenly Sword, and while I never played Okage, Ari looks like an interesting fighter and it lets us add a new cartoony fighter to balance out all the realistic humans.
3. Delsin vs. Galahad

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to post some costume ideas for Heihachi. His default would be his blue martial arts gi, though there's also his suit (I'll use the younger appearance for that since people might want the option to play as young Heihachi), his appearance from Tekken 3, and his orange vest from Tekken 7.

Also, if anyone wants to, they can post Memories to be included in the game. I'd think that, by default, characters who appear in the game would be included as Memories (or significant moments that are referenced in Super moves or stages), though much like Smash Bros. trophies/spirits, a character being included as a Memory doesn't rule them out from being made playable later. Also, stick to a T rating. (I don't think it would be a major issue, though it would prevent characters like Aphrodite from God of War from being included)

For example, here's my attempt at a list of Tekken memories: (I'm posting them as links to keep from flooding the page with images)
-Heihachi Mishima
-Kuma
-Rockets Away! (a still image based on Heihachi's Tekken 4 ending)
-A Family Tradition
-Best Served Cold (a still image based on Kazuya's Tekken 1 ending)
-Best Served Warm (a still image based on Heihachi's Tekken 2 ending)
-Mishima Final Battle
-Kazuya Mishima
-Jin Kazama
-Jinpachi Mishima
-Kazumi Mishima
-Jun Kazama
-Asuka Kazama
-Ling Xiaoyu
-Lee Chaolan
-Ogre
-Devil
-Paul Phoenix
-Nina Williams
-Yoshimitsu
-Jack
-King
-Marshall Law
-Michelle Chang
-Roger, Jr.
-Mokujin
-Tekken Ball
-Tekken Bowl

I could keep going (Tekken has a LOT of characters), but I thought I should stick to characters with direct ties to Heihachi, a few comedic characters, some of the main villains, and the Tekken 1 starting roster. (otherwise, I'd be typing this out for hours - even with trying to limit myself, I listed 21 characters)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Memories are like trophies but still images, right?

Hope we can include Minions at some point.
They can have some animation; the original post says " Memories are 3D models of important characters, objects, settings and events in the games of the All-Stars and the Playstation catalogue in general. Each model has a brief animation, akin to a PS2 save, and a low-res icon, akin to a PS1 save. They also come with brief text bios. "

As for Minions, I'm not sure whether I should have a day dedicated to them or just leave them open to be nominated whenever, like with costumes or movesets.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

My votes are...

2. Ash vs. Amaterasu
3. 2B vs. Knack

---

1. Cole vs. Jesse
2. Knack vs. 2B
3. Filbo vs. Kulche

Also I will continue to curse at myself for forgetting about this thread, because every time I do I miss a cool prompt. Guess my Agent 47 vs. Vaas rivalry will live in my head only

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
For Ratchet & Clank, here's the memories that i came up with.

1. Ratchet & Clank
  2. The RYNO V
  3. The Chronosceptor
  4. Flight of the Aphelion
  5. Rivet
  6. Captain Qwark
  7. Dr. Nefarious
  8. Swamp Monsters
  9. Amoebid
  10. Tyhhranoids
  11. The Hypersonic Brainwave Scrambler
  12. Mr. Zurkon
  13. Chairmen Drek
  14. Plumber
  15. Skid McMarx
  16. Angela Cross
  17. Mr. Fizz Widget
  18. Galactic Rangers
  19. Lawrence
  20. Zoni
  21. Talwyn Apogee
  22. Alister Azimuth
  23. Grimroth
  24. Victor Von Ion
  25. Ms. Zurkon
There are a whole load of Ratchet & Clank Characters and Even Gadgets to use here, though i didn't wanna go overboard plus i only played the first three games and the 2016 re-imagine.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fat Princess Memories that can be included:

1. Princess Plump
  2. Princess Muffintop
  3. Two Princesses
  4. Cake
  5. Worker
  6. Mage
  7. Warrior
  8. Chicken
  9. Red King
  10. Blue King
  11. Prince Albert
  12. Villager
  13. Ranger
  14. Priest
  15. Pirate
  16. Ninja
  17. Giant
  18. Giant Chicken
  19. Monk
  20. Cook
Speaking of Fat Princess, can we include Princess Muffintop as a proper alternate character? The first game had her color palette, but I think she can be upgraded into having her own model like Sackgirl.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Speaking of Fat Princess, can we include Princess Muffintop as a proper alternate character? The first game had her color palette, but I think she can be upgraded into having her own model like Sackgirl.
Sure, I don't see why not. (I'm not sure what the differences are in terms of appearance; I haven't played the Fat Princess game)

---

The vote was close at times, to the point where I thought there might be a three-way tie for first or second, but here are the end results:
-Shadow vs. Yu Narukami: 1
-Klonoa vs. Bubsy: 2
-Ash vs. Amaterasu: 2
-Radec vs. Fetch: 4
-Delsin vs. Galahad: 4
-Yu Narukami vs. Raiden: 5
-Nariko vs. Ari and Stan: 6
-Filbo vs. Kulche: 7
-Cole MacGrath vs. Jesse: 10
-2B vs. Knack: 13

As a result, we'll be adding Cole from inFamous, Jesse from Control, 2B from Nier Automata, and Knack! We did it!

But when are we going to add Knack 2?

---

Here's the poll for the rival stage: https://www.strawpoll.me/45225987

---

I'm not sure whether people want to talk about a story mode or not (if the arcade mode bosses didn't get much attention, I'm not sure if a story mode would either), so I put up another poll to see what people think about that. https://www.strawpoll.me/45226020

In the meantime, we'll have another round of item nominations today. I don't know how many new items we want to include (the original game had 20, and I figure that all of them with the possible exception of the Murder Of Crows are staying), but I figure I should spread out additions to the roster rather than trying to rush through them. Like before, you can nominate up to two new items.

Holy Water (Devil May Cry)

This item would be an Epic class item, meaning that it doesn't appear very often. Picking it up and using it has the character hold it above their head for a moment or two before it creates a large white dome, dealing about as much damage as a level 1 super but with larger range.

Emil Head (Nier Automata)

These act like boxing gloves, limiting your attacks to punches (similar to the Razor Claws), but they do more damage than regular attacks (unlike the Razor Claw, which drain your opponent's super meter). Also, Emil will comment on most of your attacks (usually random nonsense like "Thanks, friendo!" or "Emil blast!"), so have fun with that.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nitro Crate

Appears on stage and will explode upon even the slightest contact. Its explosion is large and powerful.

Bugsnax

Bugsnax will scamper around the stage very quickly, attack one to make it vulnerable and thus, edible. Eating them heals. There are two types of Bugsnak that appear, flying and grounded, though there are multiple designs that are purely aesthetic. Luckily, you will not become part-Snak if you eat too much. Their small size and fast speed makes them hard to catch.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Item nominations:

1620138056230.png

Bird Portal (Oddworld):

Acts similar to Super Launch Star in Smash. When thrown, this item turns into a group of birds flying in a circle above the ground and turns into a portal when a character connects with them, launching them with great speed. The portal turns to orange after it's used and disappears after a short while. Any fighter who goes through it during this point will be granted invincibility for 5 seconds.

1620139061537.png

Icerail (Horizon Zero Dawn)

A weapon item that shoots a short-ranged stream of frigid air. Similar to Free Missile, it can freeze opponents. Do a smash-input and hold the button to charge and send one strong projectile.

Sure, I don't see why not. (I'm not sure what the differences are in terms of appearance; I haven't played the Fat Princess game)
1620134084310.png

It's mostly their hair styles and skirts

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I want to nominate a couple of original items.

The C.L.A.S.P.
The Crystal of Latent All-Star Power is a golden crystal surrounded by shifting purple shards of the same make as Polygon Man, and acts as this game's Smash Ball. The C.L.A.S.P flies around the stage erratically, making it very difficult to catch. When it is attacked, a portion of the purple shards will be destroyed. When all the shards are destroyed, the golden crystal will fall to the ground inert.

When this crystal is picked up by a fighter, time stands still as they absorb its power, immediately unleashing it in the form of a Level 3 Super with even greater attack power!

Fear Dart
A projectile with a single use. Enemies hit by this dart will be overcome by fear. Their entire hitbox becomes a Weak Spot for a short time, amplifying the damage and knockback they take from attacks, and their movement speed is reduced significantly. They will also take longer to act out of blocking.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Since Cole is back I wonder if we could give it to him some sort of karma mechanics. I don't really have a idea of how it could work, but I feel like nobody really want Evil Cole back so maybe we could find some way to throw Evil Cole move into regular Cole.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Going through posts about costumes to add them to the intro post; there are two that I have questions about.

Crash's recolour costumes would be based on some of the other Bandicoots' skins in CTR

His alt would be biker, who would have recolours based on other CTR skins
Do you have any other ideas for alts? There should be at least four costumes (one of them being the default one), but you only have two (regular Crash and biker Crash). Between Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled and Crash 4, there should be plenty of options to choose from.

I also have an Idea for spike costume...
So we have the default and is classic costume:
View attachment 313154View attachment 313155
And he should have alts based on Jake and Jimmy
View attachment 313159
Ape Escape™ 2

I think a sick alt would be for Yumi, to represent the femal side of the series
Yumi:
View attachment 313156
With her alts of Helga, Natalie, and and Casi
View attachment 313162View attachment 313161
Ape Escape / Characters - TV Tropes

I left out a Spectre Alt just incase we decide for him to join in the future.
Regarding this, the amount of costumes is fine (though some of them would likely be DLC) assuming that they'd play identically and could be adjusted to have similar proportions, though if you had to pick four for the base game, what would they be?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK, here's some more Crash costumes: Through the Wringer and Cat's Meow! Haven't got ideas for what their recolours would be - though they'd likely change the outfit colours and not fur.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I want to nominate a couple of original items.

The C.L.A.S.P.
The Crystal of Latent All-Star Power is a golden crystal surrounded by shifting purple shards of the same make as Polygon Man, and acts as this game's Smash Ball. The C.L.A.S.P flies around the stage erratically, making it very difficult to catch. When it is attacked, a portion of the purple shards will be destroyed. When all the shards are destroyed, the golden crystal will fall to the ground inert.

When this crystal is picked up by a fighter, time stands still as they absorb its power, immediately unleashing it in the form of a Level 3 Super with even greater attack power!

Fear Dart
A projectile with a single use. Enemies hit by this dart will be overcome by fear. Their entire hitbox becomes a Weak Spot for a short time, amplifying the damage and knockback they take from attacks, and their movement speed is reduced significantly. They will also take longer to act out of blocking.
A Good idea and a great way to impliment the super levels for the fighters. though i feel this is taking too much from smash bros since the whole idea is taken from the smash ball.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've got some ideas for 2B's costumes. (there's her Kaine costume, which was used in both Nier Automata and Soul Calibur, but I'd think that would be pushing the boundaries of a T rating so I'll leave it out to be on the safe side) Of course, there's her default costume, and at one point in the game, she gets access to Heavy Armor. (though it's purely cosmetic)

I could go with something like A2's outfit, though for the sake of visual variety (and colour variety), I'll go with characters who have appeared in both Nier games. There's the outfit worn by Devola and Popola (with a matching red wig - the one on the right seems better-suited for 2B), as well as the outfit worn by Emil, or at least his cloak, scarf, and a mask that resembles his head. (with something like a gray jumpsuit underneath)

I'll look into costumes for Knack later (unless anyone else comes up with something first), though I'll definitely make it so you can play as Ice Knack - Ice Knack, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Going through posts about costumes to add them to the intro post; there are two that I have questions about.

Do you have any other ideas for alts? There should be at least four costumes (one of them being the default one), but you only have two (regular Crash and biker Crash). Between Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled and Crash 4, there should be plenty of options to choose from.

Regarding this, the amount of costumes is fine (though some of them would likely be DLC) assuming that they'd play identically and could be adjusted to have similar proportions, though if you had to pick four for the base game, what would they be?
Oh I meant for Spike and Yumi to be alta and they have colors based on the other characters, if that's what you mean... Tho if I had to do 2, Spike, Yumi, Jimmy, Helga

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Item 1

Smoke Bomb - Ghost of Tsushima

The bomb would work close to how it works in Ghost of Tsushima. The player would toss it down at their feet, stunning all enemies in range. The user would then be able to a

I'll do a 2nd item if I have time tomorrow

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Item 1

Spitmaw Blaster (Returnal)

This is a gun that is essentially an Acid Shotgun, you pick it up like a weapon and once fired it shoots out about 4 acid projectiles that do not arc.

Item 2

Small Stubby (Nier Automata)

This one is weird, they are an item and not an assist, they will spawn randomly and will start to wander, picking them up and throwing them aggroes them, They then spin their arms really fast and will deal damage.

Their heads also act as a platform and they will eventually leave on their own, they can also be destroyed.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Here are Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper's Costumes, For Jak & Daxter, i decided to bring back their costumes from the original game with an acception of one new outfit and for Sly, Instead of bringing back the outfits he used in Sly 4, i thought about giving him costumes based on some of his ancestors of the cooper clan plus if you equip a different cooper costume sly's cane will change to fit their roles, hope you enjoy them.

Jak & Daxter
1620191785799.png
(Default Appearence: Mars Armor)
1620191940064.png
(X Combat Racing Outfit)
1620192001544.png
(The Lost Frontier Outfit)
1620191955902.png
(An Outfit Based on The Precursor Legacy)
Sly Cooper
1620192090696.png
(Default: Sly Cooper)
1620192347730.png
(Riochi Cooper)
1620192377734.png
(Tenessee Kid Cooper)
1620192440519.png
(Sir Galloon Cooper)

I plan to later present some color palettes for each costume for the characters, While i could borrow some alts from the original i'd like to try some different ideas for color schemes to reference some stuff from each of these fighters' respective games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the rival stage, we're going with Yokta Yokta 's idea, since that won the poll.

The item nominations are...

-Holy Water (Devil May Cry) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Emil Heads (Nier Automata) ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Nitro Crate (Crash Bandicoot) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Bugsnax (Bugsnax) ( Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
-Bird Portal (Oddworld) ( osby osby )
-Icerail (Horizon: Zero Dawn) ( osby osby )
-The C.L.A.S.P. (PlayStation All Stars) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Fear Dart (PlayStation All Stars) ( Yokta Yokta )
-Smoke Bomb (Ghost of Tsushima) ( Jomosensual Jomosensual )
-Spitmaw Blaster (Returnal) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Small Stubby (Nier Automata) ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )

Vote for your top three, the top four overall will be included, and you can only put your own nomination in third.

My votes are:

1. Nitro Crate
2. Small Stubby
3. Emil Heads

---

Since (going by the poll) people are interested in discussing Story Mode, I'll try that today and see how it goes. To start things off, one thing we can talk about is what the gameplay would be like. Obviously, there'd be traditional matches thrown in there, but I figure there's a lot of directions that we could go with the concept. (we could use Smash Bros. (Subspace Emissary or World of Light) or other fighting games as examples, or try something new)

An idea that I have is taking a similar route to Mortal Kombat or Injustice, where the game focuses on a different character every few matches, with cutscenes in between. The focus would be spread between 10-12 characters rather than the entire roster, with someone like Kratos (who would likely want to be left out of all of this) being saved for near the end, if not the very end.

I figure that a lot of PlayStation’s games try to take on a more cinematic approach (even Ratchet and Clank resembles a Pixar movie nowadays), so this would be a good way to take advantage of that type of story-telling and set it apart from Smash Bros. (where very few characters speak, so any story is largely told through their actions). Mind you, not every character is built for this method of storytelling (Toro or Crash, for example), but their chapters could serve as comedic relief. (I figure that those two, at least, would almost need to have a chapter, since Toro's a company mascot and Crash is heavily associated with the brand)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My votes for the item will be:
1. Bugsnax
2. Icerail
3. Small stubby

For story mode, I wonder if everyone in the roster is going to be a hero or some of them are going to be vilain? I think that some characters could start as vilain like Sweet tooth, Kratos, Pyramid head, but then they all team together to fight the bigger threat kind of like in Brawl with Wario, Bowser, Ganondorf. I think the Mortal kombat/Injustice story format is fine, but I was never a fan of the fact that vilains seems to be weak because they literally never win any fight. I think having some playable characters acting as vilains in the story mode and letting the player playing them would be great. Also maybe we can add mini ngames or other things to add more variety.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A moveset for 2B seems pretty straightforward (Nier Automata is an action-heavy game, and I already typed up a moveset for her for Smash), so I'll type a PSAS moveset out now.

Square Attacks: attacks with Virtuous Contract, her default weapon (a small sword). These attacks are quick and flashy, but don't do a lot of damage or gain a lot of AP unless you build up longer combos.

Triangle Attacks: attacks with Virtuous Treaty, a weapon that she has at the start of the game before losing it in the prologue (a large sword). These attacks are slower, but hit harder and launch the opponents further. Triangle attacks can be mixed into Square attack combos to act as finishers.

Circle Attacks: 2B uses Pod Programs, allowing Pod 042 to get in on the action. (normally, he hovers behind 2B) He could use his Gatling Gun (the default attack), along with Spear (a downwards attack - spears made of light sprout out on both sides of 2B, either on the ground or in the air), Missile (which, even though the name might make you think otherwise, has the pod launching forward with 2B holding onto it), or Wire (which launches a wire upwards and pulls 2B towards whatever it latches onto), to name a few options.

Level 1: R010: Laser. Pod 042 charges and fires a laser. It doesn't do much damage on its own (though it has a long range for a level 1 super), but if possible, the button can be held down to cause two additional pods to appear behind 2B as the laser charges, firing up to three lasers at the cost of leaving her vulnerable.

Level 2: Every Day's a Sale! Every Sale's a Win! 2B yells "Look out!" and jumps into the air as Emil comes barreling through, blasting a snippet of his theme song at full volume. This doesn't have the range of the lasers, though it does much more damage.

Level 3: Flight of the YoRHa. 2B gets into her flight unit (a flying mech suit) and flies into the foreground. Like some level 3 supers (for example, Sly's), you control the crosshairs as 2B fires lasers (which you do by pressing any of the face buttons) at the other fighters, who are still on the stage. The lasers don't do much damage individually, but given how rapidly they fire, they'll eat through an opponent's health pretty quickly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My item votes:

1. Spitmaw Blaster
  2. Smoke Bomb
  3. Bird Portal
As for the story mode, I don't have much to say aside from maybe a chapter-based structure would be more suited for what we're going for. Early on, each chapter focuses on a few characters and later they come together in bigger and bigger groups until the entire cast face against the final boss. Each chapter includes 1-3 battles on different stages with items, hazards, teams, and special conditions arranged to reflect the story. Some stages can have brawls against bosses or minions or even "break the car"-like time missions. While big and important scenes and story fights would have cinematic cutscenes, characters can have "visual novel" segments with their 3D models (think of Granblue Fantasy Versus) to have long talks with each other, give some exposition and wonder why Toro only speaks in emoticons.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Emil Heads: I think it be pretty humorous hearing someone talk to you while you're using them as punching gloves.
Bugsnax: Would love to hear them say their names "BUNGER!"
Bird Portal: This reminds me of the Crow Vigor mixed with of course The Warp Star.

Also, while i am not talking about my idea for a story mode here, i'd like to bring up a fact that the character roster is almost completely done, if we were to do a final nomination round then i'd suggest the last spots to be taken by however makes it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also, while i am not talking about my idea for a story mode here, i'd like to bring up a fact that the character roster is almost completely done, if we were to do a final nomination round then i'd suggest the last spots to be taken by however makes it.
I've got some ideas for what we're going to do next regarding the roster. VGamer01 had mentioned on page 12 that we could/should add characters from already-represented series (so far, we only have one character per series) and/or villains (so far, we've got a grand total of three villains, unless there's some sort of major plot twist in Knack 2 where Knack turns evil and decides to conquer the world), so I'm planning to cover at least one of those categories. (it depends on the results, though I plan to use both of them)

I figure the last character spot would be a complete wildcard - you can nominate anyone, as long as they've appeared on a PlayStation console and they aren't owned by Nintendo or Microsoft. (though, again, it depends on the results of these other categories - third party franchises might be ruled out if we reach our limit, for example)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I agree with Megadoomer Megadoomer that, with this being Sony, the story mode should follow their design philosophy and be very cinematic and story-focused. Mortal Kombat is a good template.

One mechanic I think could be interesting, provide replayability, etc, is to have multiple story paths. At key points in the story, you can pick between two different opponents, and the options lead to branching storylines. That would allow us to have a focused, Mortal Kombat-esque plot while still allowing the majority of the roster to be playable in it. It wouldn't be too complex, and sometimes different paths would reconverge eventually, but there would still be ~6 different endings.

Editing in item votes:

1. Small Stubby
2. Spitmaw Blaster
3. Bird Portal

Last edited:
Top Bottom