• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: PlayStation All Stars 2

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
As of post #400, the scores in points are...

Memory card characters:

Frobisher: 11

V: 7 (If this receives one more point, then I shall buy the car!)

Master Onion: 6

Barbarian King: 5

Jeanne D' Arc: 4

Glinthawk: 3, Nemesis: 3, Panda King: 3

Tag: 2 , Nitrous Oxide: 2

Kessler: 1, Klonoa: 1

Items:

Chronoscepter: 13, Logarius wheel: 13

Green Herb: 8

Jet Baby: 5, Boost boots: 5

Poison knife: 2

Plasma pumps: 1, Walkman: 1

D

Deleted member

Item
1.Chronoscepter
2.Jet baby
3.Logarioys Wheel
Summons
1. Frobisher
2. Mastah Onion
3.Jeanne D'Arc

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Franzea (the LocoRoco stage) will cross over with Patapon, going by the poll results.

Memory Card summons:

Kessler: 1
Klonoa: 1
Tag: 2
Nitrous Oxide: 2
Glinthawk: 3
Panda King: 3
Nemesis: 3
Jeanne D'Arc: 5
Barbarian King: 5
V: 7
Chop Chop Master Onion: 8
Frobisher: 14

We're including the top five, so that means that Frobisher, Chop Chop Master Onion, V, Barbarian King, and Jeanne D'Arc will be included. (this also means that Chop Chop Master Onion will be ruled out of the list of considered characters)

Items:

Plasma Pumps: 1
Walkman: 1
Poison Knife: 2
Boost Boots: 5
Jet Baby: 7
Green Herb: 8
Logarius Wheel: 14
Chronoscepter: 16

We're adding the top four, so the Chronoscepter, Logarius Wheel, Green Herb, and Jet Baby are being added.

---

Not sure if I tried to cram in too much at once over the past few days, but we'll keep it simpler for today. We added four new series recently (Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, Silent Hill, and Resident Evil), so today's nominations will be for stages based on those series.

You can nominate up to two stages - one for the post-2012 games (Horizon/Tsushima) and one for the horror games (RE/Silent Hill), though you can feel free to combine both categories (for example, having the Village from Resident Evil 4 attacked by characters from Ghost of Tsushima) - in that case, I'll put it into the category that the location is from. (in the case of the example that I provided, it would be included with the horror games when we vote)

We'll be adding two stages from this when we vote, much like last time.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
For the stage I nominate Tsushima island (Ghost of Tsushima/Motorstorm)
The stage is based on the island from Ghost of Tsushima. The stage would be based on the golden temple from the Izuhara region. The shrine will be on the background and you can jump on the roof of the building on the side. Eventually, cars sound will be heard in the background and the music would slowly change. A monster truck will destroy the shrine in the background and the characters will need to avoid it. Other racers will be seen in the background and will sometimes be directly on the stages and you will need to avoid them.

The music from the first part would be Battle theme 1 from Ghost of Tsushima and the second part would be Pendulum - Slam from Motrstorm.

Ghost_of_Tsushima_guide_Izuhara_liberation_locations (1).jpg

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
this also means that Chop Chop Master Onion will be ruled out of the list of considered characters
I imagine that it additionally means that Master Onion will no longer appear in the dojo's background, yes? If so, how does the stage transition to being Killzone-themed now? (Master Onion kicked down the walls before.)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I imagine that it additionally means that Master Onion will no longer appear in the dojo's background, yes? If so, how does the stage transition to being Killzone-themed now? (Master Onion kicked down the walls before.)
Just do what Smash Bros. does, where the Chop Chop Master Onion assist doesn't appear when you're in the Dojo stage (like how the Knuckles assist trophy doesn't appear on Green Hill Zone)

---

While I'm at it, I'm going to type up a movelist for Leon Kennedy.

Square attacks: Leon pulls out his knife, using various swings and stabs that he and Krauser used in the extended QTE sequence, along with the standard horizontal swing from the gameplay.

Triangle attacks: Leon uses various kicks and elbows from his melee attacks. If more material is needed, they can draw from Resident Evil 6.

Circle attacks: here, Leon uses his guns. (I didn't want to rely too heavily on gun attacks, to reflect how scarce ammo can be in Resident Evil games) He uses a pistol for lower attacks (aiming downwards, similar to how you'd kneecap enemies in RE4 before hitting them with melee attacks), but he also uses a shotgun, the Chicago Typewriter (like in RE4, its appearance can change depending on Leon's costume), and the sniper rifle.

Level 1: Magnum. Leon pulls out a magnum and steadies himself before firing one powerful bullet.

Level 2: Mine Thrower - Leon fires out a dart that flashes orange for about three seconds before exploding, dealing a lot of damage. If it hits an opponent, it sticks to them.

Level 3: a cutscene super - Ada shouts Leon's name, tossing him the Rocket Launcher (if Ada winds up being playable later, the Merchant can do that instead, though he'd say something like "Stranger!"). The opponents are dazed as Mr. X looms behind them. Leon fires the rocket at them, which shows the shot from three separate angles before it hits Mr. X and explodes, catching Leon's opponents in the blast.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Stage:
Tallneck
(Horizon: Zero Dawn/Shadow of the Colossus)
TallNeck-Render.png
The Tallneck is a massive Machine that prowls the landscape of Horizon. Its flat head is large enough to serve as a main platform, albeit a slightly small and off-center one. The splines on its neck are extended and spaced out, acting as additional platforms.

The Tallneck wanders on its path unimpeded for a while, while Watchers and Sawtooths herd around it, waiting for the fighters to fall off the stage where they can attack them.

Soon the Tallneck runs into an insurmountable obstacle: Valus, from Shadow of the Colossus.
images (6).jpeg
Valus doesn't attack the Tallneck, but it also does not get out of the way, even as the other Machines attempt to attack it. Valus serves as an additional platform for the fight, accessible with a quick jump from the Tallneck's head. Thankfully Valus has the good sense to keep his weak spot out of reach of the plane on which the fight takes place.

Shortly after Valus' appearance, smaller colossi will attack and destroy the Tallneck's splines, destroying the relative safe zone and forcing the fighters to battle right on top of the two behemoths.

(Note that this stage is based on limited knowledge of both games. I haven't played much of Horizon yet, and I've only climbed one Tallneck so far.)

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I don't have a horror stage suggestion, so instead I'd like to share my philosophy when it comes to Rivals.

One of PlayStation AllStars' most interesting features was its rivalries, in which two characters would share a unique interaction near the end of their story mode. The sequel to All-Stars will explore the connection between each rival in greater detail. Each fighter's Arcade story is driven by their rivalry, and they spend most of the Story Mode unwillingly forced to work together. When fighting in multiplayer, rivals have unique dialogue lines before or during battle with their rival, as well as unique victory animations when they triumph over or alongside their rival.

With the importance of the rival pairs, assigning rivals appropriately is very important. Here are a few rules I'll personally abide by when the time comes to assign rivals:
1: The rivals must never have met each other outside of Playstation All-Stars. With the expansive scope of this game's roster, the fighters should ideally share their deepest interactions with a fighter they would otherwise have no opportunity to meet. Costumes don't count as a meeting; only crossovers between the characters themselves. Example: Ratchet cannot be Sly's rival because they met each other in Playstation Move Heroes.
2: All veterans must have new rivals. A new game is a fresh start, so returning characters must find a new rival to clash with. Example: Heihachi and Toro cannot be rivals a second time. Instead, Heihachi could rival Jin, and Toro could rival Kat.
3: Rivals must be revealed in the same trailer. The significance of the rivalries will be promoted heavily from the moment the game is revealed. Example: The six characters in the reveal trailer are 3 sets of rivals: Kratos and Crash, Nathan Drake and Lara Croft, plus Sackboy and Parappa.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to post some adjustments to Dante's moveset to reflect Devil May Cry 5 - if people aren't okay with these, feel free to say so. (we're changing which game he's from, so I figured that we'd be changing his moveset as well) For reference, this is his original move-list.

His Square attacks will mostly stay the same, though instead of using his scythe from DmC for his forward attacks, he'll use Cavaliere (the motorcycle chainsaws). Likewise, his Triangle attacks will be unchanged.

For his Circle attacks, I'll stick closer to the theme of Styles - his attacks here seem to loosely be based on Styles, but not explicitly. Neutral Circle is Royal Guard, acting similar to a Parry, though he strikes a different pose. Forward/Back Circle is Trickster, which has him disappear but has a decent amount of ending lag to compensate for that. Up Circle is still Shredder, while Down Circle is an attack from the Gunslinger Style - Mad Hatter. Dante throws the hat, Dr. Faust, which orbits around him to keep opponents away. Opponents hit with this attack get the Dr. Faust on their heads for a short period of time, and hitting those opponents will give Dante extra AP. (if it's not possible to just have Dante get extra AP, then while an opponent has a hat on, then hitting them gives out extra AP in general)

His Level 1 super will be Stinger. It was previously his level 2, but he has much flashier moves to work with.

Level 2 has him pull out both Kalina Ann rocket launchers to perform Cascade. Attaching them together, he launches a giant beam that can temporarily be aimed from where Dante's standing, causing damage over time to anyone who is stuck in it.

Level 3 has him activate Sin Devil Trigger, allowing him to fly around the stage for a short time. Pressing X does nothing, as he's already airborne, but pressing Square has him use Sin Inferno (punching the ground to cause pillars of flame to rise around him), pressing Triangle has him use The Luce (firing a barrage of lasers straight forward, shooting them from his wings), and pressing Circle has him use Judgement (a series of sword swings with an insanely large range, followed by a massive explosion that will fill most of the screen - in the time it takes to use the full attack, most of your Super meter will be drained). Once the Super Meter runs out, Dante turns back to his normal self, regardless of if he was in the middle of an attack or not. (Sin Inferno's much quicker than the other two attacks, though it has less range)

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I am going to advocate early that rivalries be story-driven rather than theme-driven. Playstation All-stars, Wariors Orochi, and other such games have a propensity for forcing encounters and alliances between characters in the most unnatural way... (e.g. Big Daddy and Sackboy do not speak, and are spoken for and to by voices... Ratchet and Clank face Jak and Daxter because they come in twos... Sweet Tooth and Kratos come from games by the same developer (if my memory serves me correctly)...) I would much prefer that the plot were made first such that the rivalries are more realistic and practical.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I am going to advocate early that rivalries be story-driven rather than theme-driven. Playstation All-stars, Wariors Orochi, and other such games have a propensity for forcing encounters and alliances between characters in the most unnatural way... (e.g. Big Daddy and Sackboy do not speak, and are spoken for and to by voices... Ratchet and Clank face Jak and Daxter because they come in twos... Sweet Tooth and Kratos come from games by the same developer (if my memory serves me correctly)...) I would much prefer that the plot were made first such that the rivalries are more realistic and practical.
I can see where you're coming from but I think that would force us to come up with a story that every character has a specific interaction with another and dividing the cast in duos is usually not a natural way to advance the plot or develop characters.

I'd rather have rivalries being their own, cute references and have a story that uses the roster more interestingly.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I can see where you're coming from but I think that would force us to come up with a story that every character has a specific interaction with another and dividing the cast in duos is usually not a natural way to advance the plot or develop characters.

I'd rather have rivalries being their own, cute references and have a story that uses the roster more interestingly.
I think that the story would be easier to write if we built it off the rivalries we choose, rather than building the rivalries off of the story.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think that the story would be easier to write if we built it off the rivalries we choose, rather than building the rivalries off of the story.
Easier, maybe. But it'll be also a lot more boring because we'll just have the same "X meets Y, they fight" plot point over and over again.

Plus, we already decided that rivalries would appear in the arcade modes, why not let the story mode do something different and have the characters work together for a change? They can still butt heads when necessary but then you can also have more heroic characters like Kat and Sackboy immediately teaming up/being friends to give character dynamics more variety.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We are going to be voting on rivalries later on, though I figure that will wait until we've got the entire roster. (although one of the nomination periods will be nominating two characters who aren't already in the game to be rivals, with an explanation of what could cause a conflict between them and/or why they're chosen to be rivals)

I figure it's best to wait until the end so that we don't lock down something like Crash vs. Jak and Daxter (since they're both Naughty Dog characters), only for someone like Spyro to make it in who would probably be seen as a more natural rival for Crash.

I'm willing to leave the option open for some former rivalries to return - while I'd prefer to change the rivalries up (we can probably come up with a better rivalry for Kratos than "he knocked over Sweet Tooth's ice cream cone and refused to get him a new one"), some of them might benefit from a different tone. (ex. Ratchet and Clank vs. Jak and Daxter, where everyone but Clank can come across as jerks depending on the cutscene - I'm not familiar with either series, but maybe a more friendly rivalry would work better?)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm willing to leave the option open for some former rivalries to return - while I'd prefer to change the rivalries up (we can probably come up with a better rivalry for Kratos than "he knocked over Sweet Tooth's ice cream cone and refused to get him a new one"), some of them might benefit from a different tone. (ex. Ratchet and Clank vs. Jak and Daxter, where everyone but Clank can come across as jerks depending on the cutscene - I'm not familiar with either series, but maybe a more friendly rivalry would work better?)
To be fair I think Kratos and Sweet tooth has a lot of unused potential. Aside from both having the same creator (David Jaffe), they also share the fact that both are extremely violent characters who's main purpose is causing death. Both are also known for their huge anger, which lead to killing many people. Now, I know that being a family game, they couldn't do both characters talking about how many people they killed in the past, but they clearly could have do more with them than arguing over an ice cream cone. I think something interesting would have been something like this:

Kratos explain to Sweet tooth that he's a God and Sweet tooth couldn't hurt him. Sweet tooth ask Kratos if his God power can grant wish like Calypso. Kratos says no, but he's curious to hear what would Sweet tooth's wish. Sweet tooth answer that he wish to kill his daughter (yes, this is canon by the way). Kratos is surprised, as he killed his daughter by accident in the past and this has lead to his downfall (and thus the event of the whole franchise, and him being betrayed by the Gods). This lead to an argument and a fight.

Edit: I do agree that changing them would be better, I'm just saying that Kratos and Sweet tooth could have been miles better. They actually share a lot of common when you think about it.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We are going to be voting on rivalries later on, though I figure that will wait until we've got the entire roster. (although one of the nomination periods will be nominating two characters who aren't already in the game to be rivals, with an explanation of what could cause a conflict between them and/or why they're chosen to be rivals)

I figure it's best to wait until the end so that we don't lock down something like Crash vs. Jak and Daxter (since they're both Naughty Dog characters), only for someone like Spyro to make it in who would probably be seen as a more natural rival for Crash.

I understand where you're coming from and I agree, but part of me wants whatever new rival we give to Sweet Tooth to also knock over his ice cream. That's the kind of motivation I can relate to.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I understand where you're coming from and I agree, but part of me wants whatever new rival we give to Sweet Tooth to also knock over his ice cream. That's the kind of motivation I can relate to.
I can totally get behind that; it just seems jarring for Kratos to be the one to do that. (I'd think that would make more sense for someone like Fat Princess, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Not A Lot of People have made any other suggestions here, if there were other options for series to use that aren't just for playable characters there could be more nominations here.

That and no one here is re-nominating some old ideas.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
No nominations for a horror stage yet? I'm not surprised. Horror games don't typically have large areas with unrestrained movement. But if nobody else is suggesting, how about a Raccoon City stage invaded by Fantavision, the PS2 fireworks puzzle game?
I've thought about one for Resident Evil too, however, the only idea for a mashup was with Dead by Daylight since i don't have enough knowledge on Silent Hill.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My idea is kinda unorthodox so let me know if it doesn't the criteria and I'll change it.

Horror stage: America (Death Stranding/Silent Hill)

The stage is set in the Eastern Region of America explored early on in the game (I'm mainly taking inspiration from the area between the Waystation and the Distribution Center, where you first run into MULES). The layout consists of a flat plain interrupted by a trench and a river to the middle-left. However, in keeping with Death Stranding's online component, some stage elements will have a random chance of appearing, such as ladders, bridges, ropes and even abandoned trucks. In the background you could see the MULE camp, the Ludens Fan's bunker, and random porters delivering packages on foot.

However instead of Timefall and BTs, the stage would be engulfed in fog. The fog slightly clears, allowing players to see that they are suddenly and jarringly in Silent Hill now. From this point onwards iconic monsters from the series could spawn and attack players, such as the Nurses, Abstract Daddies, and even Lisa from PT.

I think this mashup makes sense because Death Stranding is kind of a spiritual version of Silent Hills in many respects so the two series are linked. Plus this is basically my only way to get a Death Stranding stage in the game as there's no way people are going to vote for Sam Porter Bridges as a fighter (and issues with Norman Reedus' likeliness might make it unrealistic anyways).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My idea is kinda unorthodox so let me know if it doesn't the criteria and I'll change it.

Horror stage: America (Death Stranding/Silent Hill)

The stage is set in the Eastern Region of America explored early on in the game (I'm mainly taking inspiration from the area between the Waystation and the Distribution Center, where you first run into MULES). The layout consists of a flat plain interrupted by a trench and a river to the middle-left. However, in keeping with Death Stranding's online component, some stage elements will have a random chance of appearing, such as ladders, bridges, ropes and even abandoned trucks. In the background you could see the MULE camp, the Ludens Fan's bunker, and random porters delivering packages on foot.

However instead of Timefall and BTs, the stage would be engulfed in fog. The fog slightly clears, allowing players to see that they are suddenly and jarringly in Silent Hill now. From this point onwards iconic monsters from the series could spawn and attack players, such as the Nurses, Abstract Daddies, and even Lisa from PT.

I think this mashup makes sense because Death Stranding is kind of a spiritual version of Silent Hills in many respects so the two series are linked. Plus this is basically my only way to get a Death Stranding stage in the game as there's no way people are going to vote for Sam Porter Bridges as a fighter (and issues with Norman Reedus' likeliness might make it unrealistic anyways).
My concern is that, as far as I know, Death Stranding is a third party franchise (Kojima Productions owns it, from what I've seen), and I'm not sure if they'd get the licensing just for a stage. (it's like the Spyro stage that someone brought up earlier)

We don't need to have a stage based on horror games; I figure one of the stages will be a neutral one where the rival battles take place, so we can have an odd number of stages for now.

If people want to submit stage ideas for Resident Evil or Silent Hill, feel free, but in the meantime, we can vote on the stage based on the post-2014 games, along with having another vote.

Stages (pick one)
-Tsushima Island (Ghost of Tsushima/Motorstorm) CapitaineCrash CapitaineCrash
-Tallneck (Horizon: Zero Dawn/Shadow of the Colossus) Yokta Yokta

I vote for Tallneck.

----

For our other vote today, we'll be voting on characters that were previously considered or used as placeholders, but didn't make it into the original game. From what I can tell, the list is as follows:

-Abe (Oddworld)

-Chimera (Resistance)

-Hatapon (Patapon)

-Kulche (Loco Roco)

-Rau Utu (Mark of Kri)

-Soldier (Fat Princess)

-Worker (Fat Princess)

-Blasto (from the game of the same name; not the Hanar Spectre from Mass Effect)

-Buzz (Buzz)

-Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet & Clank)

-Eucadian Soldier (Warhawk)

-Chernovian Soldier (Warhawk)

-Doberman (Sly Cooper)

-Ellen (Folklore)

-Spyro the Dragon

There’s also a bald/balding man between the Loco Roco character and the Warrior from Fat Princess who I don’t recognize – if anyone could identify him, that would be great. (he's on the bottom row) Other sources for this include concept art of trying to find a unified style for the roster, along with a developer interview by Matt McMuscles and mock-up artwork (that I posted earlier) pointing to the idea that Spyro (along with Crash, who's already in this game) was considered or at least hoped for.

I can’t find a source on Tomba actually being in development for the original game – the only place that claims that’s the case is a Wiki article with no sources. Characters like Ryu Hayabusa (from Ninja Gaiden), Jin Kazama, and Kazuya Mishima (both from Tekken) allegedly appeared on an image on the official website, but it’s unclear how legitimate it is. (the image uses pre-existing artwork for all three, one of the people involved with the game said that Heihachi was the only planned playable character for Tekken, and Photoshop is a thing)

For Chun-Li and Sub-Zero, all we have to go on is that a Superbot employee might have seen their names on a whiteboard at some point, which isn’t a reliable source. It’s unclear which Final Fantasy character was considered or asked for. (the concept art that I found earlier has Squall and Lightning, but it’s unclear if that’s who the development team wanted, who they expected they’d get, or wishful thinking on the part of one concept artist) If anyone can find proof that other characters were considered, let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Also, if there's a character that you want to make a case for, feel free - we've already had people nominating Hatapon, Spyro, and Ellen in the past, so it might help to get people interested in characters that people might not be as familiar with. There are no limitations on who you can vote for. (so even if you nominated them on a previous day, you can put them in first or second here)

My vote for this is:

1. Spyro (I feel like he has to be in here)
2. Dr. Nefarious (while I haven't played much of Ratchet and Clank, the game could use more villains - the closest that we have so far are Heihachi and Pyramid Head)
3. Chimera (going by the amount of icons and backgrounds that Resistance has, they just barely missed out on the original game, and going by videos that I've seen online, it could have an interesting moveset - maybe a mix of guns from the Resistance games and summoning different types of Chimeras)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll vote for the Tallneck idea for the stage.

As for previously considered:
1.Ellen
2. Dr. Nefarious
3. Tomba(I was trying to find a source for this but to no avail.... So just in case we don't count him, I'll do Spyro).

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Spyro the Dragon: Crash can't be in here without Spyro.
Ellen from Folklore: It'd be nice to have more obscure characters, perhaps maybe she uses time in her moves.
Hatapon: Back Then, i always wanted to play as a Patapon. Plus, this could give us one playable character representing the New Version of Franzea

My Stage Vote goes to Tsushima Island

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is going to be a hard one, there are so many interesting picks.

1. Ellen. I nominated her before, you know why she's on the first spot.
  2. Kulche. Mostly because I want us to try and come up with a moveset for him. He also has a very unique, cute design and LocoRoco is a surprisingly big Sony franchise.
  3. Buzz. Another unexpected fighter but we don't have too many of them, anyway. I think it would be great if he joined the fray if nothing for his personality and potential rival scene.
Honorable mentions: Abe, Chimera, Rau Utu

The voting is pretty meaningless as it's obvious Spyro is going to win (unless we decide to include more than one character), but it was fun considering the characters who could have been in the first game.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
A bit disappointed that there's only 2 stages vote, but I think the problem is that coming up with a stage for a open world game is actually kind of hard since they don't have any very specific iconic locations. Personally I never played Silent hill and I'm not the biggest fan of Resident evil, but I thought people would have some idea for those franchise.

I'm going to vote for Tallneck by default since I usually avoid voting for my own ideas (to be fair it's actually a great idea, I'm not voting for it just for the sake of voting).

For the unused fighters:
1. Dr. Nefarious. Honestly if I had to choose 1 vilain for this game it would be him. Great design, Ratchet is popular enough to deserve a second characters, and could be a lot of fun.
2. Hatapon.
3. Spyro. Pretty obvious pick, but I'm voting for him a bit lower becasue I'd rather have a original first party for now (especially because we just had 2 third party: Silent thill and Resident evil)

It's kind of weird that the Doberman from Sly Cooper is there (for those who don't know, it's just a random enemies). I wonder if it was a placeholder for Muggshot.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The voting is pretty meaningless as it's obvious Spyro is going to win (unless we decide to include more than one character), but it was fun considering the characters who could have been in the first game.
I can add the top three or four if that makes the results less predictable; I was planning to add the top two like usual, but if people want more of these character to make it in, that's fine with me.

Megadoomer Megadoomer will you clarify how many characters from this voting session will be added to the roster?

Also, do you think we should just devote a day to whether or not to add Knack? His reputation puts him in kind of a... unique position.
I was planning to do the top two, though I can include the top three or four if that's what people want.

As for Knack, I figure there will be plenty of opportunities to include him, whether it's in the base game or as DLC. For example, I was planning to submit him as one of the characters for the "make your own rivalry" day. (I'll keep who I'd make his rival a mystery for now) I'm not sure if we should single out characters to discuss if they should be in the game or not, because I figure that could keep going and going and going. (ex. should we add Cole McGrath? A character from the Last of Us? Cloud? Snake? A Persona character? etc.)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My concern is that, as far as I know, Death Stranding is a third party franchise (Kojima Productions owns it, from what I've seen), and I'm not sure if they'd get the licensing just for a stage.
As far as I know Sony owns the IP, that's why I suggested it for a stage. Sony has sole copyright on the game's title screen and website.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As far as I know Sony owns the IP, that's why I suggested it for a stage. Sony has sole copyright on the game's title screen and website.
Okay, thanks. I double-checked, and that is indeed the case.

---

EDIT: put together a poll for how many of these cut/considered characters we should add. In the event of a tie, I'll go with the larger number.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I vote Tallneck as the stage (sorry, I've yet to play Ghost of Tsushima)

As for considered characters, I'm going to avoid the obvious pick and not vote for Spyro. Mostly because I assume he's getting first anyways so I'd rather try to get characters in the runner-up positions.

1. Ellen. Having played Folklore I always thought Ellen was a very interesting character to have considered for the original game. I love out-there movesets and deep cut picks so she really speaks to me.
2. Abe. Oddworld really cemented itself as part of the Sony family with all the promotion Soulstorm got from them, culminating with the game debuting for free on PS Plus. Oddworld is weird and quirky but it's a storied series with a long legacy so I think Abe makes sense for this game in the same vein as someone like Big Daddy did last time around.
3. Rau Utu. No particular reason, I just think he'd make a good addition.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The end results are as follows:

Characters:

Spyro: 24

Ellen: 16

Dr. Nefarious: 10

Abe: 10

Hatapon: 5

Buzz: 3

Kulche: 2

Chimera: 1

Rau Utu: 1

---

Stages:

Tallneck: 4

Tsushima Island: 2

---

The Strawpoll that I put up had the option for adding three characters winning. As a result, Spyro (from Spyro) and Ellen (from Folklore) will be added into the game!

Two characters, Abe from Oddworld and Dr. Nefarious from Ratchet and Clank, are tied for third, so we'll have a separate poll to determine which one of them will be added.

The next category that I have in mind is pretty open-ended (basically any character can be nominated), so I'm going to wait until third place is decided on before moving onto that. Instead, there are a few things that I have in mind.

One is skins/costumes. Much like with movesets, you can submit these any time that you want, but I figured I'd open it up for discussion. You should include at least four, though one of them will be the default costume.

Another is stages. Previously, I tried to group them with whoever was made playable recently, but I got more responses when I left it open to anything, so I think we'll try that again. We'll go with at least the top two (maybe more depending on the results), and you can use any first party Sony franchise, though for third party franchises, you're limited to the ones that are currently in the game. (Crash, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Tekken, Devil May Cry, Spyro)

For costumes, I already posted my ideas for Leon (RE4 jacket/RE2 police uniform/RE4 gangster/RE6 pirate costume), though if anyone has other ideas for Leon, feel free to post them.

For Dante, here's my ideas for his costumes, though I'll spoiler-tag it in case the image is too big. From left to right, it's DMC5 Dante, DMC2 Dante, coatless DMC3 Dante, and Sparda (or at least Dante dressed up like Sparda)

DMC5 Dante is obvious. From what I've seen, a common consensus on DMC2 seems to be that it's a terrible game (which I can vouch for), but it has a great design for Dante. (plus, it's more visually distinct from his DMC5 costume than his other costumes are) I wanted to include a Devil May Cry 3 costume in there, and his shirtless costume is easier to tell him apart from his DMC5 costume from a distance than his DMC3 outfit with a coat would be. As for Sparda, he's traditionally an unlockable costume for Dante, going back to the first game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom