• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Konami Wai Wai Showdown: A Konami Platform-Fighter

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Konami has been known as one of the most influential video game companies in history, giving us beloved franchises such as Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, Contra, and Dance Dance Revolution, AND Bomberman, a franchise previously owned by the now-defunct Hudson Soft, whose other IPs have also been acquired by Konami after Hudson was dissolved. I don't think Konami has had a lot of crossover games, if any, but there was a crossover platform-fighter with characters from video game series made by Hudson and Konami, including Bomberman, Simon Belmont from Castlevania, and Solid Snake from Metal Gear, and toy lines from Takara (now Takara Tomy, or Tomy outside most of Asia), such as Optimus Prime (Convoy in Japan) and Megatron from Transformers, and it was called DreamMix TV World Fighters. It was only released in Japan. But now, I think we need a platform-fighter that mainly focuses on Konami franchises.

First, let's get the obvious characters out of the way and give them their own stages and theme music.

Solid Snake (Metal Gear)

Solid Snake (and Metal Gear) is probably one of the best things that ever happened to Konami. In fact, if anything, he could arguably be Konami's mascot (along with Simon Belmont, but we'll get to him next). It'd be an outrage not to include him.

Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)
Snake's stage would have to be based on Shadow Moses Island from Metal Gear Solid.

His theme music would have to be a medley remix of the Metal Gear Solid Main Theme (Both MGS1 and MGS2) and Encounter (Metal Gear Solid), and the medley could be in this order:
0:00-1:40, then 1:40-1:48 after the MGS1 part

1:05-2:34 after the first MGS2 part

After the last MGS2 part

Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

It's Simon Belmont. What else do I have to say?

Gateway to Dracula's Domain (Super Castlevania IV)
1685674186527.jpeg

Simon's stage would be based on Stage 1 of Super Castlevania IV.

His theme music would have to be a remixed medley of Vampire Killer and Theme of Simon Belmont:

Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
Big Boss/Naked Snake
(Solid Snake Alt.)
Raiden (Metal Gear)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
Richter Belmont
(Simon Belmont Alt.)
Goemon
Shiori Fujisaki (Tokimeki Memorial)
Bomberman
Reiko Hinomoto (Rumble Roses)
Rowdy Reiko
(Reiko Hinomoto Alt.)
Heather Mason (Silent Hill)
James Sunderland
(Heather Mason Alt.)
Harry Mason
(Heather Mason Alt.)

Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)
Tselinoyarsk (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
Big Shell (Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty)
Gateway to Dracula's Domain (Super Castlevania IV)
Dinner of Flames (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood)
Oedo Town (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon)
Kirameki Private High School (Tokimeki Memorial)
Bomb Zone (Bomberman)
Rumble Ring (Rumble Roses)
Silent Hill

Metal Gear Solid Main Theme/Encounter (Remix)
Battle in the Jungle/Battle in the Base/Snake Eater - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Remix)
Yell "Dead Cell"/Plant Alert - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Remix)
Rules of Nature - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Remix)
Vampire Killer/Theme of Simon Belmont - Castlevania/Super Castlevania IV (Remix)
Divine Bloodlines/Blood Relations - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night (Remix)
Theme of Mystical Ninja/Town (Stage 1) - Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon/Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Dochu (Remix)
I Am Impact - Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (Remix)
Tokimeki (Opening Demo) - Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You (Remix)
Bomberman Theme (Remix)
Look To The Sky/Rising Sun - Rumble Roses/Rumble Roses XX (Remix)
Yankee Rose (Teresa James) - Rumble Roses
You're Not Here - Silent Hill 3 (Remix)
Promise/Theme of Laura - Silent Hill 2 (Remix)
Silent Hill Theme (Remix)

Solid Snake
(Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Iroquois Pliskin, Tuxedo)
Big Boss/Naked Snake
(Camouflage, Sneaking Suit, Battle Dress, Tuxedo)
Raiden
(Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Rising)
Simon Belmont
(Original (Castlevania))
Richter Belmont
(Original (Rondo of Blood))
Goemon
(Original (Ganbare Goemon))
Shiori Fujisaki
(School Uniform, Casual Outfit)
Bomberman
(Original)
Reiko Hinomoto
(Original (Rumble Roses), Metal Gear Online)
Rowdy Reiko
(Original (Rumble Roses), Metal Gear Online)
Heather Mason
(Original (Silent Hill 3), T-Shirt & Jeans, Princess Heart)
James Sunderland
(Original (Silent Hill 2))
Harry Mason
(Original (Silent Hill))

Now, without further ado, let's start our first few jobs.

Job #1:
Pick a satisfactory but reasonable roster number.

Job #2:
Pick a "classic" Konami character and a "modern" Konami character.

We could just agree to use all submissions, since we're just starting out.

Job #3:
Pick a title for the game.

Last edited:
Classic Konami character:
Frogger (Konami)
1685731002587.png

About Frogger:
Frogger is a main protagonist of self-titled video game series made by Konami and he debuted in 1981 on arcades.
Frogger as you know it, he is a anthropomorphic (originally wasn't) frog that goes on random adventures like crossing the roads to get to his home. Later, he started appearing in platforming games like "Frogger: the great quest" or even others that appeared onward.

He is one of iconic video game characters that originated from Arcade and he could be very fun addition to the game. Also, he would be another Konami rep, but he would be first Konami character that debuted on Arcades. He also appeared on Nintendo consoles like Gamecube or Wii during 2000's as his series had platform-based games.
Also, his arcade game was very influencial that other games like Crossy road ware made because of that. Because of that, Konami became very popular after releasing Frogger on arcade machines back in 1981...

How this green fella could work in platform fighter?
Well, Frogger could work well in the game, since having a quadrupedal character in fighting game is not a bad issue (We have Duck Hunt and Ivysaur in smash) and it would open the floodgates for future type of characters.
His moveset would revolve around his games, especially the classic ones and modern ones like he could have frog-themed attacks for example. Heck, he could even summon a truck that hits the opponents hard (no pun intended).

He also could work similarly to Pacman, since he could switch between his modern form into classic form like Pac-man does in his attacks.

His stats are gonna be easy to understand, since he could lightweight character with double jumps and ability to crawl like a frog (Do frogs even crawl tho?). He doesn't have any gimmicks, since he could be a simple fighter for Konami platfighter that would make people happy.
Besides that, Frogger's speed would be medium like Mario in smash.

Why Frogger needs to be in Konami Platfighter?
I know we need a new Konami character, but we have Frogger on the table and I'm gonna say why he needs to be playable:
  • First, he is very iconic character and he is recognizable enough to appear in Konami platfighter.
  • Second, he would be the first four-legged fighter that would be added into the game.
  • Third, he has awesome moveset potential.

Title submission:
KOnami Knockout!

I mean, this title would fit for a Konami game since the first part of the company's name is "ko", which you can interpret it as KO (Knock-out) (It is also considered as stealth pun).
Also the "KO" part is written uppercase to show the pun in the title of Konami crossover fighting game.

Roster number:
I'll go with 28 fighters. It totally makes sense for the Konami platfighter game.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #01: I'm gonna suggest 45. Hey, Konami's got a lot to pull from.

Job #02: Okay so admittedly these were before like most of the roster disappeared so uh... my bad~

Classic Character: Vic Viper/Lord British (Gradius)

I'm lowkey surprised that this wasn't a default pick, especially with how important the Gradius series is as a part of Konami's history. It's a series of horizontally scrolling shoot-em-ups in which you pilot the Vic Viper (or Lord British), in order to kill all of the aliens or whatever. But like, it'd lowkey be incredibly fun to see a literal spaceship as a playable character, and I think there's plenty of potential to see how it'd function overall. I was gonna submit Power-Pro-kun, but yeah - this is literally essential, in my mind.

Modern Character: Reiko Hinomoto (Rumble Roses)

I'm really not sure if 2004 can technically be considered "modern" in 2023, but this was a pick that pretty quickly sprung to mind. I reckon Reiko's moveset would lend really well here - she's a face wrestler who's essentially the main character of the series, but her alter ego in the form of Rowdy Reiko (who claims to have killed the original Reiko) would make an awesome alternate costume or character similar to how we have Disco/Afro and Boldo. She might not be one of the more obvious picks here, but she'd still be a fun one in my opinion.

Job #03: Konami Wai Wai Showdown! It's in keeping with some of Konami's other crossover games like Wai Wai World and Wai Wai Sokoban, and honestly it just seems like it'd be a lot of fun to keep that slightly unusual feeling that Dreammix TV World Fighters had with a name like this.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Bill Rizer (Contra)

Bill Rizer is the main protagonist of the Contra series, which is an important part of Konami's legacy, and I think he and his run and gun gameplay would be a good fit for this. I'd consider giving him a medley remix of the Jungle Theme and the Base Theme, with the Title Theme at the beginning of it.

Raiden (Metal Gear)

I don't know if Raiden counts as a "modern" character, because he made his first appearance in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, which came out in 2001. Anyway, since then, he's become a crucial part of the Metal Gear series. I'd give him a medley remix of Yell "Dead Cell" and the Plant Alert Theme.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Roster Number: 40

Job #2: Classic/Modern Fighters

Honorable Mentions for Future Submitters:

• Gillian Seed (Snatcher)
  • Getsu Fuma (Getsu Fuma Den)
  • Popolon & Aphrodite (Knightmare/Maze of Galious)
  • Mimi & Nyami (Pop'n Music)
  • Moai Alexandria (Moai-kun/Hai no Majutsushi; or just a regular Moai from Gradius like in DreamMix TV: World Fighters)
  • Jehuty (Zone of the Enders)
  • Pentarou or Tarosuke (Parodius)
  • Oolong/Lee Young (Yie Ar Kung-Fu)
  • Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures)
  • Konami Man (Wai Wai World)
  • Cormano (Sunset Riders)
  • Boris/Wade/Kyle (Violent Storm)
  • Hawk (Vendetta)
  • Duke Galahad (Gaiapolis)
  • Mamoru (Esper Dream 2)
  • Ash Lambert (Vandal Hearts)
  • Afro/Emi/Lady (Dance Dance Revolution)
  • Tir McDohl or Riou (Suidoken)
  • Yugo Ogami (Bloody Roar)
  • Master Higgins/Takahashi Meijin (Adventure Island)
  • Bonk (Bonk/PC-Genjin)
  • Sir Cucumber or Princess Tomato (Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom)
  • Momotaro (Momotaro Densetsu)
  • Django (Boktai)
  • Power Pro-Kun

Character Theme: A remix of the Theme of Mystical Ninja from Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon, with the first stage/Town music from Ganbare Goemon: Karakuri Douchuu (also used in Mr. Goemon, Wai Wai World and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Mii trailer) being implemented somewhere.

Goemon is the main, eponymous protagonist of the video game franchise Ganbare Goemon (also known as Mystical Ninja in Western countries), which started on the arcades with Mr. Goemon in May 1986. Based on a legendary outlaw back in feudal Edo-period Japan, Goemon is a noble ninja thief who often inflitrates castles to steal riches for poor people, outwits guards who are chasing him and sets off for heroic adventures across the ancient land to defend his hometown Edo and it's inhabitants, alongside the help of his friends Ebisumaru, a clockwork ninja warrior Sasuke and a secret kunoichi agent Yae.

While Ganbare Goemon primarily consists of action-adventure titles, Konami has also covered various genres such as role-playing (the Gaiden games being a primary example), puzzle and board games. The series has achieved mainstream popularity in Japan thanks to it's aforementioned variety of gameplay and comedic sense of humor, thus spawning a long-running legacy that includes multiple games like sequels/spin-offs, merchandise, manga books, two OVAs (one of which involved Gradius, Castlevania & TwinBee) and an anime television series (which was also dubbed in English), with Goemon himself becoming one of Konami's most prominent and iconic mascots, having appeared on their crossovers in major or cameo roles, such as Parodius, Wai Wai World, Pop'n Music, Hai no Majutsushi and Konami Krazy Racers, even being included as a Mii Swordfighter costume in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a playable character in Bomberman titles (Taisen! Bomberman & Super Bomberman R), Scribblenauts and several Yu-Gi-Oh! cards.

For his moveset, Goemon utilizes his signature golden smoking pipe/kiseru as a melee weapon by swinging it and bashing opponents, even being able to crawl on the ground, use a yo-yo for a slightly longer normal attack (weapon upgrade in certain games), a Chain Pipe to grab an opponent farther away and grab ledges, and throw Ryo medals/coins as a projectile which he can charge to engulf in flames for additional damage and burn opponents. He also has access to ninjutsu magic such as riding a Kobun tiger, flying into the air while wearing a superhero cape, lashing his long red hair like a whip after wearing a Kabuki mask, performing a charged lightning punch and transform into his Super Saiyan-like Sudden Impact form that increases his attack strength for a short period of time.

Goemon's super attack may likely involve him blowing the Triton Shell to summon his giant robotic friend, Goemon Impact, and jumps to pilot inside his cockpit like a mecha, able to attack opponents on the stage in a first-person perspective by either punching, shooting flaming coins from his nostrils or firing a powerful Impact Beam before exiting.

Character Theme: "You're Not Here" from Silent Hill 3 or a remix of the first game's main theme.

Heather Mason is one of the major protagonists from the survival horror franchise Silent Hill, being the main character/hero of Silent Hill 3 and an adopted daughter of Harry Mason, the original 1999 game's protagonist who found her as a baby and named "Cheryl" after the half of Alessa Gillespie's soul reincarnated following her ritual immolation by a cult The Order, ending up being lost in Silent Hill seven years later with Harry attempting to look for her. Seventeen years after he defeated the Incubus (a demonic side of her and Alessa's fused self, the Inbucator) and being adopted as Cheryl's reincarnated form, Heather returned back to the town to exact revenge on The Order and learn more about the bizarre origins surrounding her birth as they attempt to track her down and revive a malevolent deity.

Compared to Capcom's famous Resident Evil series, Silent Hill's atmosphere is heavily emphasized from psychological horror, which is one of the factors for the series' popularity besides dark narrative, storytelling and gameplay/exploration, thus achieving a few sequels, a reimagining (Shattered Memories), spin-offs, comic book adaptations, novelizations and three feature films (with Revelation being based on Silent Hill 3), alongside guest appearances in Dark Deception: Monsters & Mortals and Dead by Daylight alongside the series' iconic mascot Pyramid Head (who acted as the manifestation of James Sunderland's guilt in Silent Hill 2).

In this project, Heather's moveset will involve her using various weapons from the Silent Hill games such as a kitchen knife, steel pipe, a hammer-like spiked maul, a katana, the Beam Saber, and firearms like a handgun (uses 10 rounds and needs to reload after using up a clip), shotgun (a close-ranged blast), submachine gun (sprays faster bullets), a stun gun (briefly stuns an opponent), a flamethrower (spews out flames to burn opponents) and rack up rapid melee damage by swinging a chainsaw. She can also heal herself a small damage with the health drink, stomp on a downed opponent with her foot in one of the throws, teleport herself via Halo of the Sun, and for her super attack, use the Transform Costume to become Princess Heart before firing out a Sexy Beam, which consists of multiple homing lasers and straight eye beams.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
glad to see the starting lineup was trimmed down, the sheer amount of lock characters was putting me off

anywayyyyyyy

Classic Character: Shiori Fujisaki (Tokimeki Memorial)
ShioriF_by_Fel1230.jpg

I had to do it.

So Tokimeki Memorial was a dating sim released by Konami in the 90s, released for consoles like the PC Engine and PlayStation. You, the player, are a new student in Kirameki High School, and the game follows you managing your time and meeting various girls, progressing your relationships with them in the hopes of entering a romantic relationship with one of them. Shiori here is sort of the face of the game, she's the school's "idol" and is the hardest character to romance in the game.

Westerners may not think much, but in Japan, Tokimemo is one of Konami's marquee franchises. It's gotten tons of sequels and spinoffs, it's a constant presence in Konami crossovers, and the original game was massively successful and influential. In recent years, the series has gained more western recognition thanks to the fan translation and the Tim Rogers video, but it's always been hugely popular and a huge deal for Konami. Shiori is one of the most essential choices IMO, and it helps that she'd be a really fun noncombatant fighter, especially if she can use stuff like the iconic stat bomb (a metaphorical "bomb" that drops on your stats if one of the girls is fed up with you). She's based

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I'll keep submissions for the first three Jobs open until next Wednesday. In the meantime, why don't we try out our next three Jobs?

Job #4:
Pick 2 characters from a Konami arcade game or franchise with their own stage and theme music.

They could be from two separate games or franchises or they could be from the same game or franchise.

Job #5:
Pick 2 Konami villains and/or antiheroes.

Job #6:
Pick 2 characters from a more obscure Konami game or franchise.

Again, they could be from two separate games or franchises or they could be from the same game or franchise.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
OK, I know I said Wednesday, but I think we could keep the first three Jobs going until next Sunday. The same goes for the next three Jobs. Here, I'll start the next three Jobs.

Job #4 (Arcade):
Afro/Disco and Boldo (Dance Dance Revolution)
1686513973945.jpeg

Afro/Disco and Boldo are two of the most iconic characters of the Dance Dance Revolution series. One could even argue that they're both the mascots of DDR. They're also probably alter egos of each other, like Lee Chaolan and Violet. Or rather like Reiko Hinomoto and Rowdy Reiko.

Dance Dance Revolution

Afro/Disco and Boldo would both share their own stage, which is based on one of these DDR arcade machines, but in the background, there are colorful techno lights and animations, just like in the games. However, they both would also have different themes. Afro's/Disco's theme could be a remix of B4U, and Boldo's theme could be a remix of PARANOiA.

Cormano Wild (Sunset Riders)

Cormano is one of the four playable characters of the Old West-themed run and gun arcade game Sunset Riders, along with Steve, Billy, and Bob. I chose Cormano because he stands out the most out of all of them, and I think others would agree with me. Although, I guess I could probably add the rest of them as alts.

Sunset Ranch (Sunset Riders)

Cormano's stage would be based on the first stage of Sunset Riders. I couldn't find a good enough picture of just one part of the stage, so here's ALL parts of the stage. His theme music could be a remix of Shootout at the Sunset Ranch.

Job #5 (Villains/Antiheroes):
Dracula (Castlevania)

This may be considered an odd choice, but I think Dracula could use his own time to shine here. His theme music could be a remix of Dance of Illusions.

Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)

Pyramid Head made his first appearance in Silent Hill 2, and has been used throughout the series since then. He's practically the mascot of the Silent Hill series. His theme music could be a mashup remix of Ashes and Ghost and Betrayal.

Job #6 (Obscure):
Gillian Seed (Snatcher)

Gillian Seed is the protagonist of an obscure graphic adventure game made by Konami and Hideo Kojima called Snatcher. Gillian and his wife Jamie both suffer from amnesia, so they decide to separate for a while and find out the truth about themselves and their connection to humanoid androids known as "Snatchers." His theme music could be a mashup remix of the SEGA CD and MIDI Power versions of One Night in Neo Kobe City.

Jonathan Ingram (Policenauts)

Jonathan Ingram is the protagonist of another obscure graphic adventure game made by Konami and Kojima called Policenauts. The bio's right there in the picture, but I'll summarize what happens after it. Jonathan seeks out his old partner and best friend Ed Brown to help him. I won't say anymore about that. Anyway, his theme music could be a medley/mashup remix of Old L.A. 2040 and End of the Dark.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Classic Konami Fighter: Getsu Fuma (Getsu Fuma Den)
1686540322768.png

Modern Konami Fighter: Jehuty (Zone of the Enders)
1686538752527.png

Konami Villain/Antihero #1: Anubis (Zone of the Enders)
1686541970450.png

Konami Villain/Antihero #2: Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
1686542059898.png

Obscure Konami Fighter #1: Django (Boktai)

1686542995935.png

Obscure Konami Fighter #2: Sparkster (Rocket Knight Adventures)
1686539301264.png

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Job 1: 30 character
Job 2: Classic Reinhardt Schneider
ezgif.com-webp-to-png (9).png
My introduction to Castlevania. Though I could never beat it and it was panned I still love it and there wasn't a moment in my life when I didn't have it. AndReinhardt has the sickest scarf.

i don't want to do modern or come up with a name

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Again, it's been too long and I apologize for that. Anyway, I think it's time we looked at the results of the first three Jobs and voted!

Job #1: Roster Number

28 Characters ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

45 Characters ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )

36 Characters ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

40 Characters ( tonygameman tonygameman )

30 Characters ( silenthunder silenthunder )

Job #2: Classic and Modern

Frogger ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

Twinbee ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )

Vic Viper/Lord British and Reiko Hinomoto ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )

Bill Rizer and Raiden (Me)

Bomberman ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Goemon and Heather Mason ( tonygameman tonygameman )

Shiori Fujisaki ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )

Getsu Fuma and Jehuty ( GamingFan1997 GamingFan1997 )

Reinhardt Schneider ( silenthunder silenthunder )

I know there's limited choices, but vote for your Top 3 for both Classic and Modern characters. You can self-vote, but not in 1st place.
1. Goemon
2. Getsu Fuma
3. Bill Rizer

1. Reiko Hinomoto
2. Heather Mason
3. Raiden

Job #3: Game Title

KOnami Knockout ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

Konami Wai Wai Showdown ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )

Konami Crazy Clash ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Vote for your Top 2 for this one.
1. Konami Wai Wai Showdown
2. KOnami Knockout

I think I'll keep Jobs #4, #5 and #6 open until next Friday.

Last edited:

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
40 characters

1. Shiori Fujisaki
2. Bill Rizer
3. Bomberman

1. Raiden
2. Jehuty
3. Reiko Hinomoto

2. KOnami Knockout

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
40 characters

1. Goemon
2. Bomberman
3. Shiori Fujisaki

1. Heather
2. Reiko
3. Jehuty

2. Konami Crazy Clash

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Roster: 40 Characters

1. Vic Viper/Lord British
2. Shiori Fujisaki
3. Bomberman

1. Reiko Hinomoto
2. Heather Mason
3. Jehuty

2. Konami Crazy Clash

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I think I'll keep Jobs #4, #5 and #6 open until next Friday.
OK, how about until NEXT Friday.

Anyway, it's time to count the votes on the first three Jobs.

Job #1: Roster Number
28 Characters: 0 Votes
45 Characters: 0 Votes
36 Characters: 0 Votes
40 Characters: 3 Votes
30 Characters: 1 Vote

It looks like the roster number will be 40 characters.

Job #2: Classic and Modern
Classic:

Frogger: 3 Points
Twinbee: 0 Points
Vic Viper/Lord British: 3 Points
Bill Rizer: 3 Points
Bomberman: 5 Points
Goemon: 8 Points
Shiori Fujisaki: 6 Points
Getsu Fuma: 2 Points
Reinhardt Schneider: 0 Points

Modern:

Reiko Hinomoto: 10 Points
Raiden: 7 Points
Heather Mason: 9 Points
Jehuty: 4 Points

The winners of the Classic category are Goemon, Shiori Fujisaki and Bomberman, and the winners of the Modern category are Reiko, Heather and Raiden.

Job #3: Game Title

KOnami Knockout: 4 Points
Konami Wai Wai Showdown: 8 Points
Konami Crazy Clash: 3 Points

The title of the game will be Konami Wai Wai Showdown, as a nod to Konami's Wai Wai World and Wai Wai Sokoban crossover series.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
YugoHumanBRX.jpg

Yugo Ogami (Bloody Roar)
Fighting game guy who turns into a wolf man.

BR2Aquarium2.png

Aquarium (Bloody Roar)

oolong-big.png

Oolong (Yie ar Kung-Fu)
From one of the earliest fighting games.
Yiearkungfu.png

Waterfall (Yie Ar Kung-Fu)

Villains

Liquid_Snake.png

Liquid Snake (Metal Gear Soild)

SotN_Death.jpg

Death (Castevaina)

Obscure
Power_Pro-Kun.jpg

Power Pro Kun

Beartank_10_1P.png

Beartank (Rakugakids)
Another fighting game character, really fun moveset potential

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Actually, it's been a while, so I think I'll keep Jobs #4, #5, and #6 open until NEXT Friday.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
OK, I think it's about time we looked at the submissions for Jobs #4, #5, and #6 and voted.

Job #4: Arcade Characters

Afro/Disco/Boldo and Cormano Wild (Me)

Yugo Ogami and Oolong ( darkvortex darkvortex )

Job #5: Villains and/or Antiheroes

Dracula and Pyramid Head (Yours Truly)

Anubis and Revolver Ocelot ( GamingFan1997 GamingFan1997 )

Liquid Snake and Death (darkvortex)

Job #6: Obscure Characters

Gillian Seed and Jonathan Ingram (This Guy)

Django and Sparkster (GamingFan1997)

Power Pro-Kun and Beartank (darkvortex)

Vote for your Top 3 for each of these. You can self-vote, but not in 1st place.

1. Yugo
2. Cormano
3. Afro/Disco/Boldo

1. Ocelot
2. Liquid
3. Pyramid Head

1. Sparkster
2. Gillian
3. Jonathan

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord