• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Bloons Blowout (Bloons franchise platform fighter): DEVELOPMENT OFFICIALLY COMPLETE, PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES UNLESS NECESSARY

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, now that Job #14 is closed, it's voting time! Please vote for your top 2 choices, your #1 pick will get 2 points, and your #2 pick will get 1 point. Try to avoid self-voting as much as possible, but just don't make your own submission your #1 pick please. Also, 28 is the final character roster size. Alright everyone, let's get voting!

Sniper Monkey: FazDude FazDude
Wizard Monkey: PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Geraldo: Baysha Baysha

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so the voting will stay open for another day, since all 3 contestants are at a tie. Keep on voting everyone!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so I think I'll end the voting early, and the winner is the monkey trained in the arts of Monkey Wizardry, the Wizard Monkey! So congrats to me, I guess! Also, both Bloons from Job 13 were at a tie, so both will be added!

Onto the next job:

Job #15: Discuss ideas and proposals for Bomb Shooter's moveset!

This one is a potentially exciting job since we will be discussing moveset ideas for a tower that's an inanimate object and not a monkey, and has been a staple of the Bloons series since the very first Bloons Tower Defense game!

FazDude

Smash Master
  • Neutral Special: Bomb Shoot
    • The Bomb Shooter... Well, you can put this one together. Holding down the special button allows your shot to be aimed.
    • Upgrades include increasing the size of your bombs and adding frag bombs to the mix.
  • Up Special: Missile Launch
    • The Bomb Shooter launches a missile downwards at an angle, launching itself up while creating a strong projectile.
    • Upgrades include upgrading the missile to the MOAB Mauler, which deals extra damage to Bloons and has a larger blast radius.
  • Down Special: Heavy Bomb
    • The Bomb Shooter launches a Heavy Bomb right below it, which lingers where it lands for a few seconds before exploding, kinda like Steve's TNT.
    • Upgrades include remote detonation and increased blast power.
  • Super Move: Bomb Blitz
    • The Bomb Shooter goes beserk, firing bombs into all directions for a short time.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Bomb Shooter

Bomb Shooter is a above-average weight character focused more on explosive attacks and attacks that hit pretty hard albeit a little more sluggish than most monkeys, true to its tower attributes in Bloons TD. Its gimmick, similar to Dart Monkey, involves shooting bombs for the majority of its moveset.

Neutral-Standard:
Bomb Shooter shoots a single bomb forward that acts as a gravity affected projectile.

Side-Standard:
Same as Neutral-Standard but with the added walking

Up-Standard:
Bomb Shooter shoots a single bomb upward that acts as a gravity affected projectile.

Down-Standard:
Bomb Shooter shoots a single bomb shoots at the ground close to itself that explodes one space ahead of itself on the ground. Possibly a settle reference to its recommended target priority setting in the Tower Defense games, being Close.

Dash Attack:
Bomb Shooter spins around like a spinning top before ending the move with forward knockback, kinda like the end attack animation of Bowser Jr.'s side special

Side Smash:
Bomb Shooter launches a Heavy Bomb forward at once, having a bigger blast radius and dealing more damage to Bloons.

Up Smash:
Bomb Shooter launches a Heavy Bomb upward.

Down Smash:
Kinda like Snake's side-smash, but covers both sides, with the first blast covering the direction Bomb Shooter was facing before its opposite side

Neutral-Aeriel:
Bomb Shooter spins around once, using its behind to launch fighters forward.

Side-Aeriel:
Same as Neutral-Standard, but in the air

Up-Aeriel:
Same as Up-Standard, but in the air

Down-Aeriel:
Creates a blast just below it that can even propel Bomb Shooter upward for a very short distance

Neutral Special: Really Big Bombs
Bomb Shooter launches a Really Big Bomb that can stun fighters and Bloons alike for a brief period of time. Upgrades include increasing damage, the ability to remote-detonate Really Big Bombs, increase stun time with Bloon Impact, and becoming the Bloon Crush, that is powerful enough to stun Big Bloons.

Up Special: Frag Bombs
Bomb Shooter shoots a Frag Bomb downward while launching itself upward in the process. Frag Bombs shoot out bomb fragments after their explosion that can damage anyone near the explosion. Upgrades include increasing launch height, increasing frag range, shooting secondary bombs instead of frags with Cluster bombs, and even increase the bomb cluster with the Recursive Cluster!

Down Special: Missile Launcher
Bomb Shooter shoots a single missile forward, which flies super-fast. Upgrades can include missile speed and damage, and becoming the ever-popular and ever-powerful MOAB Mauler, which deal lots of damage to MOABs!

Super Move: Bomb Blitz
Turns into its Bomb Blitz form and shoots a TON of bombs upward than all over the place, causing explosions everywhere that can pretty much wipe out almost every Bloon on screen.

Taunt:
Bomb Shooter hops for a few times before showing a bomb from the open end of its barrel and wiggles its fuse before putting it back.

Entrance:
A single bomb is dropped on stage, with the Bomb Shooter appearing out of its explosion!

Victory:
Clusters of Bloons can be seen before Bomb Shooter bombs up the clusters with some bombs before posing for the camera with an explosion behind it.

Defeat:
Bomb shooter is seen with one wheel broken off and laying on its side with some smoke coming out of it

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, job #15 is closed, and the voting has begun! As is the next jobs!

Vote here!

Job #16: Discuss how assists should work in Bloons Blowout! Should it go the same route as Smash Bros' assist trophies or should it be something unique entirely? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Job #17: Submit a tower to be an item for the game! Once that tower gets in as an item, it will not become a playable character.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job #16: For how I think assists can work in Bloons Blowout, they would be tied to a 4th upgrade path for every fighter that can be swapped out for a different assist on the character select screen. Unlike the other 3 upgrade paths every fighter has, the 4th assist upgrade path can be fully upgraded regardless of which upgrades were bought for the other 3, meaning the 4th path as well as any one of the 3 paths can be fully upgraded. Upgrades for assists create stronger and higher-tier versions of them.

Job #17: Tack Shooter
latest.png

Another staple for the Bloons TD series since the very beginning! Once picked up and thrown, it will lock into place in the same style as the Bumper from Smash Bros, and it will shoot tacks in 8 directions for a certain amount of time before disappearing. Any Bloons that the Tack Shooter pops will grant cash to whoever threw and placed it. That's a rare chance for it to spawn as the Blade Shooter, which shoots blades with wider hitboxes instead of tacks, or the Ring of Fire, which surrounds itself with a powerful ring of fire!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 17:
I had a weird idea for this one; Since Bloons TD is a series about strategic tower placement, I think we should try and replicate that in this game. Rather than assists being tied to an item like an Assist Trophy, you will be able to equip one before starting a match. In the match proper, you can summon the assist at any time, with their range of movement being limited to a certain area. Once the assist despawns, you will have to wait through a small cooldown period before using it again.

Job 18: Exploding Pineapples
The Bloons Wiki says it's a tower, so who am I to argue? This will be your standard explosive projectile.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job #16: For how I think assists can work in Bloons Blowout, they would be tied to a 4th upgrade path for every fighter that can be swapped out for a different assist on the character select screen. Unlike the other 3 upgrade paths every fighter has, the 4th assist upgrade path can be fully upgraded regardless of which upgrades were bought for the other 3, meaning the 4th path as well as any one of the 3 paths can be fully upgraded. Upgrades for assists create stronger and higher-tier versions of them.

Job #17: Tack Shooter
View attachment 351968

Another staple for the Bloons TD series since the very beginning! Once picked up and thrown, it will lock into place in the same style as the Bumper from Smash Bros, and it will shoot tacks in 8 directions for a certain amount of time before disappearing. Any Bloons that the Tack Shooter pops will grant cash to whoever threw and placed it. That's a rare chance for it to spawn as the Blade Shooter, which shoots blades with wider hitboxes instead of tacks, or the Ring of Fire, which surrounds itself with a powerful ring of fire!
Job 17:
I had a weird idea for this one; Since Bloons TD is a series about strategic tower placement, I think we should try and replicate that in this game. Rather than assists being tied to an item like an Assist Trophy, you will be able to equip one before starting a match. In the match proper, you can summon the assist at any time, with their range of movement being limited to a certain area. Once the assist despawns, you will have to wait through a small cooldown period before using it again.

Job 18: Exploding Pineapples
The Bloons Wiki says it's a tower, so who am I to argue? This will be your standard explosive projectile.
Alright, so I'm a bit late on this, but both jobs are now closed and it looks like FazDude FazDude 's Bomb Shooter moveset idea will be used! Now the voting has begun for the assist ideas as well as which item will be added and the next job too!

Assist Idea Vote
Tower Item Vote

Job #18: Submit ideas for event matches 1-3!

Job #18.5: How many event matches should there be in-game at launch? How should the flow of event matches go? (i.e., a non-linear map like SSB4, or the traditional linear progress with all-star events in certain spots)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Event #1: Dart's Crossbow Training
Event description: Dart Monkey loves to do its daily routine of practicing its crossbow firing skills. Can you help it sharpshoot as many Bloons as possible without missing for so many shots?
Stage: SPECIAL UNIQUE EVENT SPECIFIC STAGE, A stage designed to look like a shooting gallery, with the left part of the stage being the area Dart Monkey can walk around in and jump and no Bloons will enter, and the right part of the stage, which Dart Monkey cannot access but can still shoot in, where the Bloons will float in different directions, from upward to downward to circles
Player: Dart Monkey
Opponent(s): None
Bloons: Red to Rainbow
Upgrade Paths open: Down Special
Upgrade paths closed: Neutral Special, Up Special
Event objective: As Dart Monkey, your goal is to shoot a certain number of Bloons with the down special, the Crossbow, without missing too many times. If a crossbow projectile does not hit any Bloon, it counts as a miss, and if you miss for a certain amount of times, you fail the event. Upgrades can help with clearing the event faster.

Event #2: Go, Go! Bomb Blitz!
Event description: The Bloons are swarming out of control and your comrades seem to be kinda too reckless with their explosive attacks to help out. Perhaps it's time to unleash that Bomb Blitz to blow those rowdy bombers away!
Stage: Monkey Meadow
Player: Bomb Shooter
Opponent(s): Captain Churchill, Wizard Monkey
Bloons: Red to MOAB
Upgrade Paths open: All
Upgrade paths closed: None
Event objective: The goal is super-simple, with the goal being to KO the opponents and clear all of the Bloons using only your Super Move, Bomb Blitz. If the opponents are KO'd any other way, they will just respawn. Each opponents have 2 stocks and you have to blow a certain number of Bloons as well.

Event #3: Trouble in Helium Heights
Event description: Oh no! It looks like the ZOMG is using special Purple Bloons to hypnotize potential allies! Maybe you can save them to have them join your cause to stop the bloated green behemoth?
Stage: Helium Heights
Player: Super Monkey
Allie(s): Quincy, Dart Monkey, Wizard Monkey
Bloons: Purple, ZOMG
Upgrade Paths open: All
Upgrade paths closed: None
Event objective: As Super Monkey, your goal is to pop the Purple Bloons to free the opponents, who are on your side in this event, and to lower the purple shield surrounding the ZOMG so that you and your allies can defeat the ZOMG to clear the event.

There should be 40 event matches at launch, with the progression being similar to Bloons Monkey City, where the available levels to select are surrounding your current city area, thus, you start with 3 events, and more would become available as you clear more events.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so jobs 18 and 18.5 will be kept open for another day, please contribute to them if you can!

Also, FazDude FazDude 's Assist idea will be used and since both items were at a tie, both items will be added! That also means Tack Shooter will not become a playable character.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Okey-dokey, let's finally do this.

Job 18:
I only have one idea for this.
  • Back to Basics
    • Description: Here's a blast from the past! Your task is to pop enough Bloons to meet the criteria. It seems simple on the surface, but make sure you don't get too overwhelmed!
    • Stage: First Track (Bloons Tower Defense 1)
    • Player: Dart Monkey
      • Available Paths: Neutral
      • Locked Paths: Up, Down
    • Opponents: N/A
    • Bloons: Red to White
    • Objective: The goal is simply to pop enough Bloons.
Job 19: 50
I think 50 is a nice number to have. I really like PopCultureCorn's progression idea, though, so I won't submit anything for that.

Also, if I could give a bit of criticism, I think it's a wee bit too early in the thread to start working on things like specific Event Matches; I'm not against starting to plan the groundwork for them, but I think we should add some more characters/stages/items/Bloons so we can have more varied events.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Also, if I could give a bit of criticism, I think it's a wee bit too early in the thread to start working on things like specific Event Matches; I'm not against starting to plan the groundwork for them, but I think we should add some more characters/stages/items/Bloons so we can have more varied events.
You do have a point, but I do agree, we'll wait till much later to start adding more event matches.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so I think I'll end off both jobs right now. After much consideration, both event match submissions will be used, due to something related to what FazDude FazDude said in his submission, and 50 event matches will be the final number, because the more, the merrier.

I wanted to point out that, as FazDude FazDude said in his submission, it is a wee bit too early in the thread to start working on things like specific Event Matches, and we should add some more characters/stages/items/Bloons so we can have more varied events. So until then, we'll wait till much later to start adding more event matches. But anyways, onto the next job!

Job #19: Submit 2 assists from the Bloons series to be added to the game! (Other Ninja Kiwi franchises will be saved for later) Please describe what they can do to assist the player in-game, such as their attacks and other things they do to help out the player. While you're at it, you can also submit how many assists should there be base-game.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Honestly, I feel like these two could honestly be characters on their own, but anyway.

King_Monkey.png

The Monkey King (Bloons Monkey City)

When summoned, The Monkey King would bravely sit on top of a fortified tower away from any harm and command Dart Monkeys to attack any opponents. The Dart Monkeys come out of the tower and run around the battlefield throwing darts

And for the other submission that is a lot wackier...

TowerFinnPortrait.png

Finn the Human (Bloons Adventure Time TD)
He simply runs to opponents and slashes them with his sword. While he doesn't originate from a bloons game, he is featured in one.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Here are my submissions! One I feel is a very underused hero, and another is a hero most use very frequently!

Etienne

latest.png

Pilots a series of dart-shooting drones in his range, which can fly to different areas of the stage to shoot darts to pop Bloons and damage other fighters. The drones also have a spin-attack that have considerable knockback and deal extra damage to Ceramic Bloons. Occasionally, he will even summon the powerful UCAV Drone that shoots homing missiles! He also even grants Camo Detection to the fighter he is assisting.

Benjamin

From what I know, he is probably the most used hero in BTD6 (Because he's THAT useful), so why not feature his usefulness here in Bloons Blowout? When he is active, the fighter he is assisting will be granted double the cash for any they earn for as long as he is active. Any Bloons within his range are also affected with the Bloon Trojan, making them not spawn children and earning additional cash when popped, and he will also occasionally use Syphon Funding, to which all Bloons that spawn near him will be downgraded by 1 rank and grant even more cash when popped. When the fighter he is assisting has its damage at a high amount, he will use Biohack to increase their stats for a set amount of time.

I think there should be 20 assists at launch.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I only have one idea that I really like at the moment; Beekeeper from the iOS version of Bloons TD 4 and making a proper debut in Bloons TD 5.

When summoned, this bear walks around and releases bees from his beehive. These swarms... swarm onto opponents and sting them, dealing multiple hits of flinching damage before dispersing.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, for undisclosed reasons, I will be ending off job 19 early, so now the assist voting has begun! How this will work is you put your top 3 assists in a list of 1 to 3, your #1 pick will get 3 points, your #2 pick will get 2 points, and finally, your #3 pick will get one point, with the Top 2 assists getting in once voting's done. Try to avoid self-voting as much as possible, but just don't make your own submission your #1 pick please. Also, Onto the next job!

Job #20: Submit a new stage from BTD6!

FazDude

Smash Master
Assist Voting
  1. Etienne
  2. Monkey King
  3. Benjamin
Job 20: Scrapyard

This stage, featuring a crusher and the ever-scorned Bloonchipper, would involving moving platforms and generally be similar to the Dump from NASB.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My votes:

1. Monkey King
2. Beekeeper
3. Etienne

Job 20: Adora's Temple
latest (1).png

I can imagine its layout basically just the temple not in top-down view

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so the voting's now over! Here are the final results!

1. Monkey King (5 points)
2. Etienne (4 points)
3. Beekeeper (2 points)
4. Benjamin (1 point, I'm honestly surprised)
5. Finn (0 points)

So it looks like our first 2 assists to be added are the Monkey King and Etienne! Congrats to me and Baysha Baysha ! Also, 20 is our final total assist roster number!, and the stage voting has begun!

Vote for the stage here!

Job #21: Brave monkeys rejoice in adversity, just as brave monkey soldiers triumph in war! Submit a Military Monkey (The BTD6 tower category) to be added to the character roster! Because, well....There are none currently! (Apart from Captain Churchill, on a contextual level, but he's a Hero, not technically a Military Monkey) Please explain the character, their abilities, what they can bring, how they can fight, and how would their faculties look when upgraded.

Job #22: Submit ideas for a new multiplayer mode!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 21: Resubmitting Sniper Monkey.
Job 14: Sniper Monkey

While he's a bit more tame, I think Sniper Monkey could make for a fun, precision-based fighter.
Job 22: Bloon Battle
The goal of this game isn't to damage your opponent; It's all about popping Bloons! While you can still knock out your opponent (and their respawn time is extended, giving you a few seconds to get a lead), wins are determined by whoever can pop the most Bloons within the time limit.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 21: Mortar Monkey
latest.png

Would make the potential for a high-zoner moveset. Can upgrade to remove camo with the signal flare, set Big Bloons on fire and Strip DDTs of their camo with Blooncineration, or to the Biggest One, which create MASSIVE explosions! Super move can be the Pop and Awe, which rains mortar shells on the whole stage!

Job 22: Deflation
124.png

Each fighter is given a high amount of cash, but they cannot earn anymore for the rest of the match, however, they will not lose all upgrades upon being KO'd. This means players would have to choose (wisely) which special move to be fully upgraded for the whole match. (While any one of the other two can still get their allowed upgrades)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

FazDude

Smash Master
Sorry for being late! Here's my submission for Job 23.

• Neutral Special: Laser Vision
    • Super Monkey fires lasers from his eyes. While this move is easily spammable, it doesn't deal too much damage and won't even cause fighters to flinch until higher percents.
    • Upgrades for this move include plasma blasts and the Sun Avatar, each of which increasing the laser's power.
  • Up Special: Flight
    • Super Monkey flies in one of eight directions. It's pretty much Fox's Fire Fox.
    • Upgrades include increasing the move's range and giving Super Monkey the ability to curve his flight.
  • Down Special: Knockback Punch
    • Super Monkey slams his fist into the ground, creating a shockwave which deals low damage, but high knockback.
    • Upgrades include increasing the shockwave's range and giving it the ability to stun opponents.
  • Super Move: Wrath of the Sun God
    • Super Monkey evolves into the Sun God and unleashes a bullet hell of projectiles around himself.

As for Job 24, I think that Ocean Road could serve as a basic walk-off stage, with a few mid-air platforms.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Super Monkey

latest (2).png

Super Monkey is the standard speed character of this game, with his playstyle staying true to his movement speed in the Bloons games themselves. With attacks with quick movement and spamming properties, Super Monkey is a master of combos and racking up damage gradually, with the one major downside is that he's pretty lightweight, meaning he can be launched pretty easily.

Neutral-Standard:
Super Monkey throws two punches before unleashing a fury of punches which multihit before launching opponents with an uppercut

Side-Standard:
Super Monkey throws a quick punch forward with considerable knockback at high damage percentages.

Up-Standard:
Super Monkey throws a quick uppercut. Spammable

Down-Standard:
Super Monkey spins both his legs around, gimping anyone on the ground close to him. Spammable.

Dash Attack:
Super Monkey performs three kicks forward in quick succession.

Side Smash:
Super Monkey performs a slight-leaping kick forward.

Up Smash:
Super Monkey performs a roundhouse kick that goes pretty fast, making this a good choice to make a finishing move quickly.

Down Smash:
Super Monkey punches the ground, creating a shockwave that launches any fighters close to them. A move with relatively high knockback.

Neutral-Aeriel:
Super Monkey performs a spin in multiple rotations, which multihit before launching.

Side-Aeriel:
Super Monkey swings his arms forward in circles, which can multihit.

Up-Aeriel:
Same as the side-aeriel, but upwards

Down-Aeriel:
Super Monkey performs an aerial stomp, which comes out quick and can meteor smash.

Neutral Special: Super Dart Toss
Super Monkey throws darts at hyperspeed as long as the special attack button is held or repeatedly pressed. Can upgrade to laser vision to plasma vision to the ever-popular Sun Avatar!, all of which have attack range and power increases.

Up Special: Super Flight
Super Monkey propels in one direction depending on where the control stick is held, dealing damage before gliding for a short time depending on the direction he is facing. Can upgrade for more propel distance, glide time and the ability to more freely control over flight patterns.

Down Special: Robo Monkey
Super Monkey becomes a Robo Monkey for a short time and fires darts super-fast from both sides of him! Can upgrade into the Tech Terror, which creates a damaging reflect around him when he activates the move along with stronger shots, and then into the Anti-bloon, which strengthens the reflect and the shots even more!

Super Move: True Sun God
Super Monkey upgrades into the almighty True Sun God in the background and fires a huge golden laser beam towards the stage that deals MASSIVE damage before launching any fighters caught in the laser with a final blast with very-high knockback.

Taunt:
Super Monkey pulls out a hand mirror, admiring himself.

Entrance:
Super Monkey flies onto the stage.

Victory:
Super Monkey flies around for several times before making a superhero victory pose for the camera.

Defeat:
Super Monkey can be seen being held up by a Red Bloon, just like the level failed screen in Bloons Super Monkey 2 mobile.

Job 24: The layout of the stage can be like Merchant Port from Rivals of Aether, except the platforms are all made up of broken-off roads.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Sorry for being late! Here's my submission for Job 23.

• Neutral Special: Laser Vision
    • Super Monkey fires lasers from his eyes. While this move is easily spammable, it doesn't deal too much damage and won't even cause fighters to flinch until higher percents.
    • Upgrades for this move include plasma blasts and the Sun Avatar, each of which increasing the laser's power.
  • Up Special: Flight
    • Super Monkey flies in one of eight directions. It's pretty much Fox's Fire Fox.
    • Upgrades include increasing the move's range and giving Super Monkey the ability to curve his flight.
  • Down Special: Knockback Punch
    • Super Monkey slams his fist into the ground, creating a shockwave which deals low damage, but high knockback.
    • Upgrades include increasing the shockwave's range and giving it the ability to stun opponents.
  • Super Move: Wrath of the Sun God
    • Super Monkey evolves into the Sun God and unleashes a bullet hell of projectiles around himself.

As for Job 24, I think that Ocean Road could serve as a basic walk-off stage, with a few mid-air platforms.
Super Monkey

latest (2).png

Super Monkey is the standard speed character of this game, with his playstyle staying true to his movement speed in the Bloons games themselves. With attacks with quick movement and spamming properties, Super Monkey is a master of combos and racking up damage gradually, with the one major downside is that he's pretty lightweight, meaning he can be launched pretty easily.

Neutral-Standard:
Super Monkey throws two punches before unleashing a fury of punches which multihit before launching opponents with an uppercut

Side-Standard:
Super Monkey throws a quick punch forward with considerable knockback at high damage percentages.

Up-Standard:
Super Monkey throws a quick uppercut. Spammable

Down-Standard:
Super Monkey spins both his legs around, gimping anyone on the ground close to him. Spammable.

Dash Attack:
Super Monkey performs three kicks forward in quick succession.

Side Smash:
Super Monkey performs a slight-leaping kick forward.

Up Smash:
Super Monkey performs a roundhouse kick that goes pretty fast, making this a good choice to make a finishing move quickly.

Down Smash:
Super Monkey punches the ground, creating a shockwave that launches any fighters close to them. A move with relatively high knockback.

Neutral-Aeriel:
Super Monkey performs a spin in multiple rotations, which multihit before launching.

Side-Aeriel:
Super Monkey swings his arms forward in circles, which can multihit.

Up-Aeriel:
Same as the side-aeriel, but upwards

Down-Aeriel:
Super Monkey performs an aerial stomp, which comes out quick and can meteor smash.

Neutral Special: Super Dart Toss
Super Monkey throws darts at hyperspeed as long as the special attack button is held or repeatedly pressed. Can upgrade to laser vision to plasma vision to the ever-popular Sun Avatar!, all of which have attack range and power increases.

Up Special: Super Flight
Super Monkey propels in one direction depending on where the control stick is held, dealing damage before gliding for a short time depending on the direction he is facing. Can upgrade for more propel distance, glide time and the ability to more freely control over flight patterns.

Down Special: Robo Monkey
Super Monkey becomes a Robo Monkey for a short time and fires darts super-fast from both sides of him! Can upgrade into the Tech Terror, which creates a damaging reflect around him when he activates the move along with stronger shots, and then into the Anti-bloon, which strengthens the reflect and the shots even more!

Super Move: True Sun God
Super Monkey upgrades into the almighty True Sun God in the background and fires a huge golden laser beam towards the stage that deals MASSIVE damage before launching any fighters caught in the laser with a final blast with very-high knockback.

Taunt:
Super Monkey pulls out a hand mirror, admiring himself.

Entrance:
Super Monkey flies onto the stage.

Victory:
Super Monkey flies around for several times before making a superhero victory pose for the camera.

Defeat:
Super Monkey can be seen being held up by a Red Bloon, just like the level failed screen in Bloons Super Monkey 2 mobile.

Job 24: The layout of the stage can be like Merchant Port from Rivals of Aether, except the platforms are all made up of broken-off roads.
Now that both jobs are closed, the voting for them has begun! And so has the next jobs! Also, the multiplayer mode is still without a lot of votes, so please vote in that was well!

Vote for the new multiplayer mode here!
Vote for the Super Monkey moveset here!
Vote for the Ocean Road stage layout here!

Job #25: Submit a new Bloon to be encountered in game!

Job #26: Submit a new item for the game!

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 25: Shielded Bloon (Bloons Super Monkey 2)

This Bloon takes a few hits to destroy its outer shell before revealing the non-shielded Bloon inside. However, unlike most Bloons, you can't walk through it; It'll act as a barrier which resists against piercing attacks.

Job 26: Acoustic Guitar (Bloons TD Aventure Time)

This is a melee weapon which acts a lot like the Ore Club from Smash. However, instead of generating a tornado, the guitar creates a sound wave upon being used.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 25: Regrow Bloon
pink-regrow.png

After losing their layers, if not popped quickly, they'll grow back their layers. In the worst case scenario, they can multiply at rapid rates!

Job 26: Invisibility Potion
latest.png

One of the items sold by Geraldo starting at when he is at level 3. It grants better camo detection for a short time to its consumer. There's a rare chance that the stronger version of the potion can appear, which has a longer duration and can allow its user to deal extra damage to Camo Bloons!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so I think I'll end both jobs early and start the voting for both right now. Also, both of FazDude FazDude 's submissions for jobs 23 and 24 will be added!, and both multiplayer modes submitted will be added as well, since no one else dared to cast their votes!

Vote for the new Bloon here!
Vote for the item here!

Onto the next two jobs!

Job #25: Submit an advanced difficulty BTD6 map for a stage, since there are none currently!

Job #26: Discuss how should Classic/Arcade mode work for Bloons Blowout! Also, if you can, submit ideas for how bosses can work at the end of a mode like this as well as a few Classic/Arcade mode themes for certain characters.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, so I'll keep both jobs (and the voting) open for another day, please contribute to them if you can!

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 25: Peninsula

We're missing a mostly-water stage, and I feel like Peninsula could fit that niche.

Job 26
I feel like there should be multiple different difficulties in Classic Mode as opposed to Smash's 9.0 system - Namely, Easy, Medium, and Hard (the harder your difficulty, the more rewards you get upon completion). Also, I think that the mode should be named Odyssey Mode. Other than that, I could see a length around 6-8 matches, plus a bonus round and boss stage.

Speaking of boss stages, I think bosses should all be Stamina-like battles, both for the boss and the player. In addition, Bloons would damage the player if they leaked during a boss battle, replicating the gameplay of Bloons TD itself.

Finally, I don't have any ideas for theming for specific characters at this time.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 25: Another Brick
latest.png

This stage could have an interesting gimmick where there would be brick obstacles that could be breakable by attacks

Job 26:
The classic/arcade mode of this game can be simply called "Odyssey Mode". Coincidentally, FazDude FazDude had a similar idea earlier, but I kinda had in mind first, since Smash Bros' Classic Mode and BTD's Odyssey are quite similar to one another, with multiple stages with random stages and the way they are structured. Just like Smash Bros' Classic Mode and BTD's Odyssey, you can set the difficulty before setting off on the Odyssey (Easy, Medium, Hard), the higher the difficulty, the more stages to complete and the tougher the opponents, but the more rewards you will get at the end of the Odyssey. The map displayed is of course just like how the map is displayed in BTD's Odyssey, and there are around 6-10 islands, each with random stages, opponents, Bloons and conditions (Example islands can be 1v1, 2v2, horde, 1v3, pop all of a certain kind of Bloon, pop all MOABs, Double HP MOABs, etc.), and with bonus stages in between islands as well.

At the end of every Odyssey, there is a boss stage to which you fight a random boss. Bosses act like the bosses in Smash Bros, except when their health goes down to a certain point, they will spawn a number of Bloons to create distractions player to have them balance between clearing out the Bloons or focus on the boss, while the boss uses this to its advantage to make the player more open to attack.

Even I don't have any character themes at the moment, sorry!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Job 25: Peninsula

We're missing a mostly-water stage, and I feel like Peninsula could fit that niche.

Job 26
I feel like there should be multiple different difficulties in Classic Mode as opposed to Smash's 9.0 system - Namely, Easy, Medium, and Hard (the harder your difficulty, the more rewards you get upon completion). Also, I think that the mode should be named Odyssey Mode. Other than that, I could see a length around 6-8 matches, plus a bonus round and boss stage.

Speaking of boss stages, I think bosses should all be Stamina-like battles, both for the boss and the player. In addition, Bloons would damage the player if they leaked during a boss battle, replicating the gameplay of Bloons TD itself.

Finally, I don't have any ideas for theming for specific characters at this time.
Job 25: Another Brick
View attachment 352820

This stage could have an interesting gimmick where there would be brick obstacles that could be breakable by attacks

Job 26:
The classic/arcade mode of this game can be simply called "Odyssey Mode". Coincidentally, FazDude FazDude had a similar idea earlier, but I kinda had in mind first, since Smash Bros' Classic Mode and BTD's Odyssey are quite similar to one another, with multiple stages with random stages and the way they are structured. Just like Smash Bros' Classic Mode and BTD's Odyssey, you can set the difficulty before setting off on the Odyssey (Easy, Medium, Hard), the higher the difficulty, the more stages to complete and the tougher the opponents, but the more rewards you will get at the end of the Odyssey. The map displayed is of course just like how the map is displayed in BTD's Odyssey, and there are around 6-10 islands, each with random stages, opponents, Bloons and conditions (Example islands can be 1v1, 2v2, horde, 1v3, pop all of a certain kind of Bloon, pop all MOABs, Double HP MOABs, etc.), and with bonus stages in between islands as well.

At the end of every Odyssey, there is a boss stage to which you fight a random boss. Bosses act like the bosses in Smash Bros, except when their health goes down to a certain point, they will spawn a number of Bloons to create distractions player to have them balance between clearing out the Bloons or focus on the boss, while the boss uses this to its advantage to make the player more open to attack.

Even I don't have any character themes at the moment, sorry!
Ok, so now that both jobs will end off here as well as the voting for the new Bloon and item, it's time to vote for the new advanced stage and classic/arcade mode! In terms of the Bloon and item vote, both Bloons will get added since they were at a tie (Now that Regen Bloons made it in, we have pretty much covered all the basics in terms of the Bloons!) and the Acoustic Guitar will be the new item added to the game! So congrats to me and FazDude FazDude ! Also, after much consideration, unique character themes for classic/arcade mode will be decided on much, much later.

Vote for the Advanced stage here!
Vote for the Classic/Arcade mode proposal here!

Onto the next two jobs, which I think is going to be a potentially exciting one:

Job #27: Submit the first Boss Bloon to be added to Bloons Blowout! Please explain the Bloon and what attacks and abilities they can use in their boss battles. (No need to go too deep into the attacks and abilities, will will cover this more in a future job once the boss(es) has been decided)

Job #28: Submit a stage that fits with the Boss Bloon you submitted thematically! This will be the stage the boss will be fought on, using a grounded version specific to the boss battle.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
My Submissions:
Job 27: Bloonarius the Inflator
latest.png

Its attacks can include blowing strong winds and body slams, and its ability can include inflating Bloons in clusters at fast rates, up to MOABs and BFBs

Job 28: Pat's Pond
latest (1).png

The normal, selectable version of the stage can have the huge pond in the middle, which submerges fighters to their middle torso, slowing them down a little, but allows them to dodge high level attacks.

I was initially going to submit Bloonarius Prime for job 28, but I chose Pat's Pond for flexibility and creative reasons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom