• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, Part II: Melee

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I’ll limit it to at most 2 or 3 third-party fighters (excluding Snake, who will be decided on from a poll since he was a personal request from Kojima).
For cuts, I can only really see clones and maybe Ness getting cut, so newer semi-clones like Wolf, Dixie, and Lucas join.
Only problem with cutting Ness is that you’d have to make Lucas or whoever unique because he’s no longer part of the roster.

As alluded to with my joke clone submission, I will probably submit Mega Man X or maybe even Zero because the X series was more relevant than the original at this time.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Only problem with cutting Ness is that you’d have to make Lucas or whoever unique because he’s no longer part of the roster.

As alluded to with my joke clone submission, I will probably submit Mega Man X or maybe even Zero because the X series was more relevant than the original at this time.
You make a good point about Lucas since if Ness is cut, he effectively replaces Ness more or less, but if Ness stays. then he would proably be a Ness semi-clone.

Unrelated to the roster, I feel that we added many interesting stages not in SSB like Out of this Dimension (something that I would’ve never conceived of), Rock Star, Gangplank, Goldenrod City, Bowser’s Castle, and Pyramid of Power. In terms of new stages that I’d like to see, I mainly hope that Magicant makes the cut.
King of the Hill and a tagteam mode similar to Project M’s are modes that I‘d like to see in the next SSB game.
I also like the pokemon and item list that we have, and pokemon will be kind of complicated for Smash 3 since Brawl only had a net gain of one Pokemon, and there are assist trophies.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Since the Ice Climbers aren’t here, do you think they or a similar duo character could be implemented into Brawl? I know Sakurai had trouble with Diddy and Dixie as a duo, but I think that came from their switching mechanic. I ask because I may submit the Baby Bros.

Now that I think about it, they could probably have the exact same moveset, albeit reskinned.

If you’re wondering about PM’s tagteam mode, I submitted it earlier under its original name (All-Star Smash).

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Since the Ice Climbers aren’t here, do you think they or a similar duo character could be implemented into Brawl? I know Sakurai had trouble with Diddy and Dixie as a duo, but I think that came from their switching mechanic. I ask because I may submit the Baby Bros.

Now that I think about it, they could probably have the exact same moveset, albeit reskinned.

If you’re wondering about PM’s tagteam mode, I submitted it earlier under its original name (All-Star Smash).
Since they existed in Brawl, Ice Climbers or something similar like the Baby Mario Bros should still be fine. Anything more complex like Diddy/Dixie duo or Rex/Aegis duo are ineligible.

Top Bottom