• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A Community Proposed SSB6

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Isaac 9
Labo Man
Sami 7
Poochy 4
Sukapon 3
Karate Joe 5
Waluigi 2

Isaac and Sami are our first newcomers.

As there were only two nominated items, Ice Flower and Ultra Hand are both added.

Both Temple and Mute City (Melee) will return.

Job 15: Nominate an Assist not From Legend of Zelda
SSBU Spirit Tiki (Naga's Voice).png
I’ll nominate Tiki, who would use her dragon breath to attack opponents.

Job 16: Submit a New Multiplayer Mode.

Also, please feel free to submit two songs from these franchises:
Pokemon
Gym Battle (Pokemon Sword and Shield)
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Theme

Kirby
Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star)
Welcome to Wondaria (Kirby and the Forgotten Land)

Donkey Kong
Windmill Hills (Tropical Freeze)
Tropical Groove (Tropical Freeze)

Metroid
Dairon (Dread)
Itorash (Dread)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
As there hasn’t been a post for awhile, should this thread focus solely on the character selection process as that is the most popular job, turning this into a community based roster thread?

Pupp135

Smash Lord
If we continue with other features, Tiki and Metroid are our next assists. Also, Special Smash would return.

Job 17: Nominate one character from Brawl and one character from SSBFor.
Sonic.pngAnimal Crossing Villager Male.png
I’ll nominate Sonic and Villager here as Sonic is the staple in terms of third parties, and Animal Crossing is a very important series.

I’ll set up a poll asking if we should only focus on playable character jobs at this point.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Job 17: Pit and Little Mac

Both are on the more "retro" end of things... really I think Villager is an essential pick as mentioned above (granted I'd fight more for Isabelle in the eventual Ultimate newcomer conversation), but I'll be selfish and plug two of my favorites. I also believe these two bring with them pretty clear cut archetypes not yet covered by the current roster, and as such a lot of unique flavor.

Kid Icarus is fairly important to Smash Bros by now, a series whose fate is intertwined with Smash through Brawl's resurrection and reimagining of Pit. Little Mac is from one of Nintendo's earliest hit series, one that happens to be heavily associated with fighting. So I think these two would make great flavor picks to spice up a fairly safe roster at the moment, while not straying too far from what makes sense.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Sonic
2. Pit
3. Wario

1. Villager
2. Little Mac
3. Shulk

It feels like a betrayal for me not to endorse King Dedede, my forever main, but I don't know if this roster is at the stage where a new Kirby character should be introduced yet. We haven't even added Luigi! I was close to voting Charizard as my third, but that kind of puts us in a weird spot. Can Pokemon Trainer be separately nominated, or does that count as three independent characters? In any case, may as well round out the series from the Marioverse.

I prefer Isabelle to Villager honestly, but I'll play the hand we're dealt right now. If Villager gets passed on this time I'd endorse Isabelle whenever we inevitably hit the Ultimate newcomer prompt.

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
1. Sonic
2. Wario
3. Pit

1. Shulk
2. Pac-Man
3. Villager

Sonic is just too iconic to say no to. Smash 6 could really do with reworking his moveset.

Xenoblade is steadily growing as a Nintendo IP, and Shulk is the poster boy of the series.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Sonic 17
Charizard
Pit 10
Wario 9
King Dedede

Villager 12
Bowser Jr. 3
Little Mac 2
Shulk 12
Pac-Man 7

Sonic, Pit, Villager, and Shulk are our next fighters.

Job 18: Submit a new Stage for Fire Emblem and Splatoon
FEE Elusia.png
For the Fire Emblem map, I’ll nominate Elusia Castle, which would have a similar layout to Garreg Mach’s interior, but Hyacinth will sometimes attack people with magic/bows as a hazard. Hotensia, her retainers, and Corrupted Morion. Appear in the stage background.

Crableg Capital
For Splatoon, I’ll nominate Crableg Capital. This stage would have two platforms on the bottom, and there will be an additional long platform on top.

Job 19: Submit a new item.
KF2 Zap Weapon item.jpg
I’ll nominate the Zap Fighter, which works like in Kirby Fighters 2

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
My nominations are now updated, and I’ll leave these jobs up until tomorrow.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Sonmiel.jpg

Sonmiel
A stage based on the most recent FE game. it's a touring stage similar to Garreg Mach Monastery from the Byleth DLC, taking you through various parts of the city. characters from the game cameo. If we aren't gonna get Alear on the roster then I think we could still get some form of representation for Engae.

S3_promo_screenshot_story_Alterna_00 (1).jpg

Alterna
The main setting of Splatoon 3's single-player storymode. This will be a traveling stage that will travel to each of the seven sites in the game that the player explores in story mode. The seven sites will each have different platform layouts. Characters will cameo.

BotW_Boulder_Breaker_Model.png

Boulder Breaker
A large heavy sword from Tears of the Kingdom. it is a slow havey weapon that hits hard but make a your fighter slower.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't have too many stage ideas at the moment, but I do have an idea for an item.

Rambi Crate

So consider this sort of a new spin on Assist Trophies, a more hands on approach. If you've played DKC you know how it works... you break the crate open, Rambi comes out and you can ride him around. This works pretty much the same way, except I'd like to extend the idea toward various other mountable characters across other Smash series. Each has one or two attacks you can perform alongside unique properties. I'll map a few ideas out so we get the picture.

Rambi (DK) - Has his signature horn swing, can build up momentum to a remarkably fast speed. Short jumps.
Oatchi (Pikmin) - Can ram forward a significant distance the longer you hold A or B before releasing.
Wheelie (Kirby) - Hold down A or B for acceleration, ramming into opponents does minor knockback but hitting them with a turn can KO.
Opa Opa (Fantasy Zone) - Granted free flight and can shoot projectiles forward.

And so forth, I don't want to get too specific because it almost feels like cheating to give what's effectively a bunch of different functions through one single item. But nonetheless, I think a spin on DK's animal buddies is a good vessel for a creative new spin on helper characters. It's an idea that's been knocking around in my head and figured now's a good enough opportunity to share.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
For the Fire Emblem stage, please use this poll to vote for Somniel ( darkvortex darkvortex ) or Elusia Castle (me).

For the Splatoon stage, please use this poll to vote between Alterna ( darkvortex darkvortex ) or Crableg Capital (me).

Here are the item nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Zap Fighter
darkvortex darkvortex Boulder Breaker
Louie G. Louie G. Rambi Crate

Vote for your two most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Rambi Crate
2. Zap Fighter

Job 20: Nominate an Assist not from Legend of Zelda, Metroid, or Fire Emblem.
Infantry &Tank ConceptArt.jpg
I’ll nominate Infantry and Tanks, where the player summons them, and they act like in Brawl.
Job 21: Nominate a stage from Golden Sun and Advance Wars.
SSF2 Venus Lighthouse
Job 43: Submit an Advance Wars Stage
Base (AW1).png
I’ll with Base, which is a walk-off stage with a tank on one side of the map that players can stand on. Sometimes, Infantry units would fire at players.
I’ll nominate Project +’s version of Venus Lighthouse and Base from a prior Smashboards creates.

Also, feel free to nominate music from Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Star Fox, Splatoon

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Zap Fighter
2. Rambi Crate

Voted on the stages too 👍

Will edit later or make a new post for the next round.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Mr. Resetti

1702581619679.png

Since we just added Villager, I feel like it's time to bring him back. You know him, you love him. Not much more to say.

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
I’ll nominate Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s favourite Welsh catgirl, Nia. Healing arts and attacks with her twin rings could be a neat addition.
IMG_1059.png

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Assist: Snake Block(Mario)

Will move around the stage, can act as a platform and can push opponents off

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the polls, Somniel and Alterna are our next stages.

By default, Venus Lighthouse and Base will also be added.

Here are the votes:
Zap Fighter 5
Boulder Breaker
Rambi Crate 7

Zap Fighter and Rambi Crate will be added as items.

For assists, here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Infantry and Tanks
Louie G. Louie G. Mr. Resetti
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Nia
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Hammer Bro
Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP Snake Block

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours isn’t first.

1. Hammer Bro
2. Nia
3. Infantry and Tanks

Job 22: Nominate a Pokemon not in Ultimate for the Pokeball item.
Cinderace
Cinderace would use Pyro Ball as its special attack.
Job 23: Nominate a new stage for Kid Icarus and Xenoblade.

For Kid Icarus, I’ll go with a classic approach by nominating Underworld, which would play like the version in the Melee 64 and Smash 1 mods.
Alfeto Valley.png
For Xenoblade, I’ll nominate Alfeto Valley. This would have multiple platforms in the center and two walkoffs at the bottom. Sometimes, D appears as a hazard.

I forgot to do this, but feel free to nominate music from Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Star Fox, Splatoon
Fire Emblem:
Chosen by Fate
Somniel

Yoshi:
Bouncy Beanstalk Walk
Count Fang’s Castle

Star Fox:
Arange Version Corneria
Krazoa Palace

Splatoon:
Anarchy Poisons
Sea Me Now

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
1. Hammer Bro
2. Mr Resetti
3. Snake Block

Yoshi Music: Giant Baby Bowser (Yoshi’s Island, 1995) [New Remix]

Job 23: I will nominate Agnus Castle from Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It would be a pretty standard stage, with areas like Swordmarch and maybe
Origin
in the background.
IMG_1067.jpeg

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Hammer Bro
2. Mr. Resetti
3. Nia

Job 22: Hawlucha - Operates almost exactly like the Flying Men from Magicant. Will jump up in the sky and hone in on opponents with a Flying Press.
1702752468836.png

Job 23: Labyrinth of Deceit
- Pandora's home turf from Uprising. A transformative stage that will fluctuate in layout and warp gravity as it progresses. Fighters are placed on a moderately large platform like Pilotwings and are taken through the maze to replicate the on-rails gameplay of Uprising, polygonal extensions stemming off the wall that opponents must avoid or tactfully toss their enemies into as they enter the foreground.

1702752548461.png
1702752777838.png
1702752804738.png

Music:

:ultfox:

Fortuna [REMIX] - Star Fox (SNES)
Star Wolf - Star Fox Assault

:ultinkling:

#14 Crush - Splatoon 2 (Octo Expansion)
Fly Octo Fly - Splatoon 2 (Octo Expansion)
Anarchy Rainbow - Splatoon 3

:ultyoshi:

Story Music Box [REMIX] - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Yo-Yo-Yoshi! - Yoshi's Story

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Hammer Bro
2. Mr Resetti
3. Nia

967.png

Cyclizar
Can be used as a bike to ride around the stage.I

KI Stage
1200px-Seafloorpalace.jpg

Seafloor Palace
Players fight inside the palace itself. Water will rise up through the stage and players will have to climb higher to fight. Thanatos appears in the background.

Xenoblade stage

Origin.jpg

Origin
The final area of the game. Players fight on the main building as a platform while Agnus Castle and Keves Castle, transformed into their giant robot modes, battle in the background and their battles spills into the stage. The building itself is pretty large.

Yoshi Music
Fluffy Snow, Here We Go! (Overground)
Fluffin' Puffin Babysitting

Star Fox Music
Sector Omega - Star Fox Zero
Interplanetary Combat Ship, Attack Carrier

FE Music
Defective (Frenzy)
Keeper of History (Frenzy)

Splatoon Music
No Quarters - [Chirpy Chips]
Slopping Spree - [Chirpy Chips]

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Infantry and Tanks 7
Mr. Resetti 9
Nia 4
Hammer Bro 18
Snake Block 4

Hammer Bro and Mr. Reserti are the next assists.

For Pokemon, here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Cinderace
Louie G. Louie G. Hawlucha
darkvortex darkvortex Cyclizar

For Kid Icarus Stages, here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Underworld
Louie G. Louie G. Labyrinth of Deceit
darkvortex darkvortex Seafloor Palace

For the Xenoblade stage, here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Alfeto Valley
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Agnus Castle
darkvortex darkvortex Origin

1. Cyclizar
2. Hawlucha

1. Labyrinth of Deceit
2. Seafloor Palace

1. Agnus Castle
2. Alfeto Valley

Job 24: Nominate a Veteran from a Series with a Fighter.
Pokémon Trainer Male.pngPokemon Trainer Female.png
I’ll nominate Pokemon Trainer because the gimmick is cool, and it represents the player character of the series.

I should note how we’ll approach Pokemon Trainer and Aegis for this thread: We are allowed to nominate them as a whole unit like I did, or we are allowed to nominate one of them as a standalone fighter like in a previous submission (e.g. something like SSBFor Charizard or Mythra/Pyra alone). If the Pokemon Trainer/Aegis gets in as a packaged deal, then they are a packaged deal. If one makes it in as a standalone fighter first (e.g. standalone Charizard), we’ll assume that the other characters are separated or cut.

In addition to character nominations, feel free to submit two songs from the following: Kid Icarus, Sonic the Hedgehog, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
1. Cinderace
2. Hawlucha

1. Labyrinth of Deceit
2. Seafloor Palace

1. Origin
2. Alfeto Valley

Job 24:
I will nominate Pyra and Mythra as a packaged deal (and my personal main). They would function identically to how they do in Smash Ultimate, with some minor tweaks, such Rex being present in the background at all times like Pokémon Trainer is, as well as a possible new Final Smash in the form of
Pneuma.
IMG_0817.jpeg

New Music:
Tropical Resort (Sonic Colours)
I’m Here - Revisited (Sonic Frontiers: The Final Horizon)
Keves Battle (Xenoblade Chronicles 3)
Redeem the Future - Finale (Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Pokemon
1. Cyclizar
2. Hawlucha

Although Cyclizar overlaps a bit with the Rambi Crate item we established last round, I still think the idea is fun.

Kid Icarus Stage
1. Underworld
2. Labyrinth of Deceit

I like the Seafloor Palace concept, although I think it'd be fun to have a more retro oriented stage too. I'll opt for the latter just for variety sake since I'm plugging my Uprising themed stage as well.

Xenoblade Stage
1. Origin
2. Agnus Castle

Job 24: Bowser

For me this was pretty obviously between the core three Mario characters absent from the roster. The justification for Bowser is simple, he is Nintendo's most iconic bad guy and we are currently lacking any villains. It just wouldn't feel right to start expanding on any other series (except maybe Pokemon) without Bowser here first, and quite frankly Luigi and Peach as well.

Not to mention, he'd be another superheavy after DK. So not only does he offer diversity in character dynamics but, arguably more importantly, he has a distinct gameplay style that is currently underrepresented and is quite an important archetype.

:ultpit:

Lightning Battle - Kid Icarus Uprising
Aurum Island - Kid Icarus Uprising

:ultsonic:

Vs. Metal Sonic (Stardust Speedway Bad Future JP) - Sonic Generations
Unknown From M.E. - Sonic Adventure

:ultvillager:

KK House ~ Club Version
Drivin' [REMIX] - Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:ultshulk:

Manon - Xenoblade Chronicles X
Battle!! - Torna - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Torna ~ The Golden Country)

Last edited:
Top Bottom