• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashacre - Gluttony - 64/Melee/Brawl! - August 10th, 2013

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
what a trivial question clubba.

one shows up to a tournament and doesn't wana have their image published...

the star king effect

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I ask because at Zenith Stranded told me that if I ended up playing him in the last round before top 8 that we were going to play on a non-streamed tv. And I was like uh no we're going to play on the stream. Unfortunately I lost to the devilish LD so it never got to that point. But I'm curious about what happens if it actually comes to fruition on Saturday. It would be up to the TO (in this case Sensei), so I want to know what he would say.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
So if the 64 finals end early enough (8-9 pm), I'll host a better tournament at my place in NJ, invite only, and live streamed if someone else does the setup

Cut136

Smash Rookie
can't wait for this. also looking for players to play offline. I'm in Scotch Plains

Sensei

Smash Lord
Clubba, since its not the official stream, it's totally up to you guys so you guys need to work it out.

If you guys can't come to an agreement within a reasonable amount of time, come see me.

IMO, the more recording / stream setups, the better.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Is the 64 tournament really gonna run that late? I wasn't planning on staying until 8 or 9 pm tbh.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you know how long these things take cuz of friendlies and ****

yo sensei let's run pools and then start a bracket **** it why not yoloswag you only get your yoloswag up once

but i don't doubt it taking in excess of 3 hours especially if singles don't start til 5pm...

i want white castle **** off see you guys SATURDAY MORNING

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well depending on when the tournies start I may only enter 1 or none of them then. Hope singles starts early in the day!

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
There was just a facebook post from the TO saying 64 Doubles will start at noon. So that probably means singles will start anywhere from 3-4?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
That'd be awesome. Doubles probably won't take that long either because there will be less entrants

Sensei

Smash Lord
Han is correct, 64 Doubles will start at noon so get there early. We are probably going to start 64 singles around 1 - 1:30. Official streaming is tenative to start around 12:30.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
5 is slightly below average, since average for 1-10 is 5.5

Problem is when people do ratings no one wants to say 5 or below even when its true, so yea in practice 5 is much worse than slightly below average.

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
scales arent consistent across people. some say 5 is average, some say to be below 5 you have to be actively unattractive. if the average in an area is really high, one persons 4 could be another's 7

The Star King

Smash Hero
5 is slightly below average, since average for 1-10 is 5.5

Problem is when people do ratings no one wants to say 5 or below even when its true, so yea in practice 5 is much worse than slightly below average.
You can't rate someone a 0? Wut.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i've given out many -6's at (sl)(r)utgers. i've also given out a few dimes in my lifetime. there are just a lot of 6's and 7's clomping around.

also come on ****s hype up. my thread on reddit smash thing never showed up advertising this

sigh

kys

Smash Ace
Alright, so if you guys missed out on Clubba + Solo bodying a 9 and 10 year old in 64 doubles...omg it was hilarious. One of them got salty and started pausing after he lost all his stocks. Double jiggs 2 strong.

I only caught the end of Grand Finals. GGS to everyone who played on stream. Cob and Jimmy Joe did a good job on the mic. If we keep the momentum from all these irl tournaments going, you two should keep at it

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I stream monstered doubles and I think 4 stocks would be waaaay better from a spectating standpoint.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
The pause incident was good. Sensei definitely lost points in the YOLO rating during that.

Han Solo comboing like a true Kirby main.

Now I know why the commentators don't look at the stream chat.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm dumb but on the clash tournaments page I can only see the doubles. Does anyone know where the singles footage is?

Olikus

Smash Champion
lol the streamed stopped on the last stock of GF.

My view is 4 stocks is too little. Lets keep 5 stocks.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Wait what happened guys? No one knows how to pika counter kirby? Ugh I shoulda stayed

Sangoku

Smash Master
Seriously, congratz to m2k for being so good at all the three games. And shame on our community :troll:

I want to see m2k vs killer kirby ditto.

Top Bottom