• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 9th

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I swear to god you people are so amazingly spoiled. You guys should be grateful that the developer of the game actually bothers to post pictures of the upcoming game daily. He doesn't owe you guys anything, this PotD system is completely optional but Sakurai chose to do it anyway so he could please you guys. Instead of being grateful however, you guys cry and moan every time you don't get some character or stage announcement etc., so much to the point where you can't be appreciative of the little details each PotD brings, out of something completely optional. Just realize how lucky you guys are just by having this kind of treatment from your developer.

Christ.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
People, you don't understand, you don't hype up a game with menus, YOU HYPE IT UP WITH STAGE REVEALS OR CHARACTER REVEALS!
The PINK STAGE!! WE NEED TO SEE THE PINK STAGE AND CAPT. FALCO STAGE IN ACTION.!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hey, atleast none of our wanted newcomers were disconfirmed!

Isaac along with others, survive to be revealed as playable another day!

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
Maybe the game is coming out later here since nobody seems to appreciate the work that sakurai is doing. Right now I feel lucky that we're getting the game at all from reading most of these comments There's so much hate for this weeks potds. Well have all the info for the game in 2 days. Isn't that a big enough update for the week guys? >.>

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
So, all I have to do to (potentially) unlock most/all special attacks , equipment or costume pieces for Mii Fighters is a little grindy-grindy on Classic Mode? Sweet deal I say! I was worried it might be a really complicated process, but this looks pretty straight-forward.

I'm really liking the "spend-gold-to-up-the-difficulty" option for Classic Mode in this game, which not only gives you something to do with all those gold coins that just stack to the ceiling after awhile, but also lets you get better/more rewards at the end.

I wonder if the roller will stop randomly, or if it's possible to press a button to make it slow down and stop. If the latter is true, it'll make unlocking special attacks a snap, which would go a long way to making them useable at tournaments sooner.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
So you'll lose some of the things you win if you f up and die. That's pretty good to know. So basically...

Don't get hit.

D

Deleted member

Keep whining it, peeps.

I for one find it nicely intriguing. This insight makes classic mode seem more interesting to me.

Also, it kind of indicates that special-attack variations are unlockable. Interesting.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I want a lot of customization, please! I plan on getting a trophy at the end of the mode, anyway. I hope.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I swear to god you people are so amazingly spoiled. You guys should be grateful that the developer of the game actually bothers to post pictures of the upcoming game daily. He doesn't owe you guys anything, this PotD system is completely optional but Sakurai chose to do it anyway so he could please you guys. Instead of being grateful however, you guys cry and moan every time you don't get some character or stage announcement etc., so much to the point where you can't be appreciative of the little details each PotD brings, out of something completely optional. Just realize how lucky you guys are just by having this kind of treatment from your developer.

Christ.
Quoting this to say that I liked it.

G-K

Smash Cadet
Hey, atleast none of our wanted newcomers were disconfirmed!

Isaac along with others, survive to be revealed as playable another day!
You never know, maybe he was demoted from assist trophy to regular trophy. ;)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
You never know, maybe he was demoted from assist trophy to regular trophy. ;)
Never! He is too important for atleast that much. If Lyndis can return as an AT, Isaac - the strongest AT in Brawl and one of the most demanded characters for SSB4 and 2nd most demanded AT after Little Mac for playable status won't be demoted.

His chance to become playable still persists. After all he has survived for so long ;)

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace

Christ.
The more you give to a human being the more they'll demand, that's how greedy we've turned in this world.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This is actually pretty cool! The whole roulette thing isn't a necessary, but it does add a bit of polish to the gameplay.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Waiting for a curveball at some point this week. "Surprise! Mewtwo!" or something like that.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Do you still have multiple stocks in Classic? Everything makes it
seem like you have only one life.

That would hurt, since you now have a triple whammy for losing:
score, money AND rewards are lost.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
guys be happy, pretty soon it will be just Wii U updates. I think you can handle a few more weeks of 3DS Menus. They look cool anyway.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone think this is boring? I think this is actually quite cool to see, I mean, Brawl didn't do this, Melee and the original didn't do this. Why's everyone so... "Show me characters or you're boring the crap out of me?" Did anyone want to see more rewards from Classic Mode? I never thought about it, myself, but seeing it, I think it's actually cool!

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
My memory is failing on me, but has Sakurai said anything about challenge Mode on the 3ds version?

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I personally don't mind the POTD's at all at the moment, but there is one thing that I think could improve them.

Moar Mewtwo's :troll:

Last edited:

DiggerandIndy

Smash Rookie
Yes, Mr. Sakurai, that's very nice, now QUIT CLOWNING AROUND AND GET ON WITH THE ROSTER! The game's nearing it's release date in Japan!

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
I'm all okay with previous days' menu pictures : it's the in-depth game that is interesting, too.

However... Seriously, I have a question... Why does it look like I am the only one to have already seen this ? I mean, we saw the whole roulette-in-Classic-mode-for-rewards thing IN THE DIRECT. Which was MONTHS ago. And in all the game trailers after this.

I'm happy to see new pictures everyday, and I'm glad Sakurai does this, but you have to admit that this one was disappointing for a launch-week picture.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta

Christ.
Oh shut up. Other AAA titles, ESPECIALLY fighters get way more info out to the people than this. That's besides the fact that a consumer has every right to speak their mind.its the little power consumers have left due to the power of mass media.

So if they want to complain let them; you dont need to let it upset you lol.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
3 menu pics and none of them reveal if custom stages are back. ARE THEY BACK OR NOT!?

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Well, it appears that you can unlock special moves for characters that you're not currently playing as. For a bit I was worried that I'd have to play through Classic Mode and Smash several times as everybody to unlock every custom move. That would have been a major pain.

joomragre

Smash Cadet
Because the game releases in Japan THIS WEEK

Nothing screams "let me buy this game" like pictures of menus >.>
Because in Japan the hype is already there with billboards and commercials so it's the calm before the storm on their side while we sit here being tortured because we still have a little less than a month left of waiting. I'll go play Destiny till then and just enjoy the posts in the morning with a nice cup of coffee before work or while taking my morning deuce...great time to be a gamer.

Kirbilord

Smash Rookie
The best part is, there's still tons of Wii U menu footage we've yet to see!
*Hype*

joomragre

Smash Cadet

Christ.
Exactly! We all just need to sit back, relax and get ready for the flood of pics and all the information you can possibly wanna get your hands on this Friday morning....3 days time amigos...3 days time

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Oh shut up. Other AAA titles, ESPECIALLY fighters get way more info out to the people than this. That's besides the fact that a consumer has every right to speak their mind.its the little power consumers have left due to the power of mass media.

No, KayB is right, many of the people in the Smash community are incredibly spoiled and sometimes are never satisfied with what they get.

Sakurai doesn't have to share all this information with us (just look at Smash 64 or Melee for example).

When people are saying these menu screens are nothing new, are boring, or are pointless, they tend to often forget a video game is being shown off, and one that doesn't just involve character, items, or stages, etc. You need a UI in order to play a game to begin with...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Hasn't anybody else noticed how tiring it is to sift through all those complaints?

Go back and look at the last three to six months' worth of PotD's, and take a good look at the comments. There is a consistent, disturbing pattern that is frankly quite irksome to see.

Page 1: 85% people who have been refreshing the site all night waiting for the news article so they could be the first to complain about it. Sprinkle in some gifs of bored or uninterested people.

Page 2: 75% still complaining, 10% people quoting each other to bicker about some point or another, and 5% people telling the whiners to stop whining. Yes, by writing this, I realize I have fallen into the trap.

Page 3+: 50% complaints, 40% re-quoting quotes of quoters who just came here to have a fight. By this point, all but the remaining 10% of posts have anything at all to do with the OP.

That missing 10-15% is often genuinely interesting observations by people who can't be heard over the noise of all the entitled bickering. Honestly, I fear that if I were to go and 'ignore' every person I see complaining about seeing another menu, I wouldn't even see the comments section anymore.

I will concede that there are some good reasons to complain, thanks to some valid points laid out by DaemonDD. There have been positive results from complaints that made it into Smash 4 (tripping, landing-lag), and having access to patches does make some requests for improvements worthwhile.

However, so much baseless complaining about the content of the PotDs and which characters are/are not represented makes it sound like Sakurai is either a totalitarian troll who doesn't care what his audience wants, or a blithering idiot who doesn't know what his audience wants. Either way, it's useless drivel and ultimately disrespectful towards the man who brought you your favorite game.

Sakurai is the only man in the business who commits to daily updates, but it just isn't enough for some people. It makes me wonder why he bothers - but worse yet, it makes me sick to be a part of the same fandom.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Christ.
How the hell did you forget to mention that the Smash fanbase is the Nintendo equivalent of the Sonic fanbase? :troll:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Has anyone stopped to think that they're possibly purposely withholding all of the mindblowing stuff until the last second, and that these menus are the equivalent to "filler"?

Besides, this is SAKURAI we're talking about, here: of course his methods will make you suffer and complain; he's probably the Loki of the Game Design world.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By the way... as a consumer, there's no point in demanding improvements to a game that is already packaged and awaiting distribution. Furthermore, there's no point in demanding improvements to a game you were going to buy anyway. You make it sound like Sakurai is either a totalitarian overlord who doesn't care what his audience wants, or a blithering idiot who doesn't know what his audience wants. Either way, it's useless drivel and ultimately disrespectful towards the man who brought you your favorite game.
I am agreeing with you, but I just want to add something.

The reason why Sakurai has gotten rid of tripping was because we complained about its inclusion in Brawl. That was a good indication for us to complain about the finished and ready-to-go product.

Also, while it's probably obvious to you, the reason for Sakurai reducing landing-lag for the final version of Smash 4 (as reported during the Crashboards event) was because everybody complained about it.

If there is something in Smash 4 that proves to be inherently broken, we're well off complaining about that too. Especially since patching now is possible.

HOWEVER, the reason why this bickering is pointless in the first place isn't because people are unsatisfied with the menus. It's because the daily news aren't supposed to be constant character and stage reveals. At the peak of our hype, so many of us get blinded, and can't seem to realize that Sakurai WILL keep the rest of the major parts secret, no matter what.

The final hurrah of daily pictures are a fine indication of Sakurai going into specific details on the game, most of which he hasn't touched so far, and it's probably the last batch of his catalogue that's possible to show off prior to release. At this point however, people have gotten too greedy with these news and are expecting to get the rest of the meat prior to release.

That's not going to happen, guys. We won't get secret reveals, or special new characters. The rest will be the finer details. You have to realize that so that you won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom