• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 14th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's one of my personal favorites, the trophy of Brittany from Pikmin 3. She won't be joining the battle, but her model and expression is well-designed."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I always really liked her design and personality, she is one of my favorite captains. I'm glad she was able to appear in the game in some form, and pesonally I'm glad she isn't playable. I don't think any of the captains could have done much to differ from Olimar's playstyle, at least not in an interesting way.

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
Interesting enough. I'd rather have trophy announcements than something we already know about.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Ohhh, shes really cute <3

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Warning Received
I always really liked her design and personality, she is one of my favorite captains.
Really? I hated her, I thought she was a *****. She was constantly nagging or complaining and blaming everything on the big guy, even when he didn't deserve it or things were her fault. Also I think she stole rations, iirc...?

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Not even an assist...Good since I like Louie.
Why Samurai can't just tell us the truth right away for other bigger speculated newcomers is beyond me.

Xigger

Smash Lord
You guys wanted new information, Sakurai responds with deconfirmed characters. It's like inverse new information, tells us what ISN'T.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
looks like a little ***** to me... never played pikmin 3 besides a multiplayer match, so i have nothing with this character and i'm happy she isn't playable for the reasons already said above...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wow guys, do you guys have to devolve into calling a character a "*****" based mostly on her appearances?

I don't even....

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I could really care less for the character though I do like Pikmin 3 a lot. I'm more so disgusted that people are calling a character a "*****" or (a bad word for someone of the female gender) due mostly to her personality and appearance. Nothing about today's PotD warranted that sort of response.

Last edited:

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
If only she was playable, so she could have used the upper half of that pikmin's head as some sort of flaccid weapon for her moveset.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I hope one of the captains make it to alt. costume status.

I feel like this is a solid, good way to deconfirm characters as playable.
Same, when he specifically mentions that they aren't playable. I think at least one of the trophies will be for a playable character, though. I think that he wants us to drop our guards and jump to conclusions.

Last edited:

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
I hope one of the captains make it to alt. costume status.

Same, when he specifically mentions that they aren't playable. I think at least one of the trophies will be for a playable character, though. I think that he wants us to drop our guards and jump to conclusions.
That's kind of what I think he's doing with Wonder Red. He didn't say Wonder Red wouldn't be playable in his trophy pic, if I remember it right. We'll find out in a couple of months, at least. :p

D

Deleted member

Lmao, like Brittany was ever going to be playable in the first place

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
I thought Brittany would be guaranteed a spot in the roster simply because they need more female characters and the fact the Olimar has yet to use any rock pikmin in his moveset, but at least Sakurai is acknowledging her.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Wow guys, do you guys have to devolve into calling a character a "*****" based mostly on her appearances?

I don't even....
lol, i hear you man, it's just a little joke though ^^... appearantly she IS kinda ****** for nagging the other captain in the game's story or so i heard...

Why isn't she an alt costume?
that could be awesome, but i don't believe that this is even possible... wireframe mac is still called little mac. I don't believe a female captain would still be called olimar. I would love to see your idea turn out to be real, but don't expect it to happen.

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I could see her being an alternate costume if Sakurai doesn't mind changing the character to another character based on a costume and name. Olimar doesn't have a voice anyways so costume swaps with other captains from Pikmin would be easy to do.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
SOOOoooo... All trophie are desconfirmrd character from now on.
*Crossing Finger* More trophy more desconfirmed!!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I could see her being an alternate costume if Sakurai doesn't mind changing the character to another character based on a costume and name. Olimar doesn't have a voice anyways so costume swaps with other captains from Pikmin would be easy to do.
let's hope so... it would make other characters available easier that way... calling Peach 'Daisy' and Donkey Kong could be Funky Kong etc. But also, fox could be Falco for example, not that this will happen, but would be neath ^^

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I love the way she says the name of the ship in Pikmin 3. "S.S. Du-rake". So cute.

Top Bottom