• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 14th

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
let's hope so... it would make other characters available easier that way... calling Peach 'Daisy' and Donkey Kong could be Funky Kong etc. But also, fox could be Falco for example, not that this will happen, but would be neath ^^
I highly doubt they would have separate announcer calls. I'm speaking purely of costumes.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
looks like a little ***** to me... never played pikmin 3 besides a multiplayer match, so i have nothing with this character and i'm happy she isn't playable for the reasons already said above...
Watch your language. On top of that, your reasoning for why you would use that word is pretty much non-existent.

Cursing isn't cool.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*reads * 'Is not joining the battle'

*throws computer* "I'm not buying this game now, meh

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
So, Alph, Louie and Charlie are left.

Though, I wanted Brittany. It's interesting how he is blatant by saying she won't be joining the battle but did not really say this about Phosphora and Wonder Red with their detailed trophies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So, Alph, Louie and Charlie are left.

Though, I wanted Brittany. It's interesting how he is blatant by saying she won't be joining the battle but did not really say this about Phosphora and Wonder Red with their detailed trophies.
Wonder Red's trophy model is the same as his model for W101, Sakurai would not reuse models like that for playable characters

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Interesting enough. I'd rather have trophy announcements than something we already know about.
I agree, they're something new but they still keep spoilers to a minimum because we'll likely have hundreds of trophies especially on the Wii-U version probably and I'd imagine you'd be able to transfer trophies between the the two versions.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Wonder Red's trophy model is the same as his model for W101, Sakurai would not reuse models like that for playable characters
You sure about that? Brawl's playable character trophies were all model rips to the point where they're in the exact same poses as in their character select portraits and there's Melee where when you completed either Adventure mode or All Star mode you'd get a trophy that's a pretty clear model rip of the characters doing one of their attacks.

I'm not saying this means playability for Wonder Red I'm just saying, model rips for trophies for the playable characters really aren't anything new.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You sure about that? Brawl's playable character trophies were all model rips to the point where they're in the exact same poses as in their character select portraits and there's Melee where when you completed either Adventure mode or All Star mode you'd get a trophy that's a pretty clear model rip of the characters doing one of their attacks.

I'm not saying this means playability for Wonder Red I'm just saying, model rips for trophies for the playable characters really aren't anything new.
Am I being trolled or something?

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I loved Brittany in Pikmin 3. I never even considered the idea of her, or any Captain besides Olimar, being playable, but it's great to see her here in some way.

CutieHog

Smash Rookie
As much as I like her, I don't think she would differ from Olimar. Cool trophy though, can't wait to unlock it.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
though i never played golden sun, i think he'll return as an assist trophy, just because he didn't appear in any other game.
like little mac? or megaman?

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Hey kids, do you wanna see the inside of a Pikmin?

Just turn this Trophy upside down!

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
like little mac? or megaman?
Little mac had a punchout game on the wii and is far more recent than Isaac from Golden Sun which appearantly only had 3 games back in the days of the gba if i'm not mistaken... As for Megaman there's a different reason he's in.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I just realized how few video game characters wear glasses

Little mac had a punchout game on the wii and is far more recent than Isaac from Golden Sun which appearantly only had 3 games back in the days of the gba if i'm not mistaken... As for Megaman there's a different reason he's in.
Also the third Golden Sun game was released on DS

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Punch Out Wii was released in the year 2009.

The most recent Golden Sun game

Golden Sun Dark Dawn DS was released in the year 2010.

As for Megaman, what is this "different" reason? I wish to know.

cuz then I can say this, "As for Isaac there's a different reason he's in" comparing to other Assist trophies in brawl being playable in the next ssb.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman

cuz then I can say this, "As for Isaac there's a different reason he's in" comparing to other Assist trophies in brawl being playable in the next ssb.
Megaman is in because he is in multiple games, and has a strong history with Nintendo, he is a classic character, he brings something new to Smash Bros, Sakurai wants him, Capcom said Nintendo could, the list goes on.

batsnacks

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if there is more significance to creating all these character models than just having them as trophies. Any of the trophy character models could be animated and turned into fully functional characters.

Smash 4 DLC? I don't know...

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if there is more significance to creating all these character models than just having them as trophies. Any of the trophy character models could be animated and turned into fully functional characters.

Smash 4 DLC? I don't know...
The thing about creating trophies is that you can load in models from other games, and you have a 3D functioning image. A character requires so much more than that, you have to have dozens of different animations and mechanics interacting with other characters that creating one is a major dedication, plus you have to keep it fresh. I don't think DLC will ever come to Smash Bros, doesn't seem fitting, my personal opinion.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Megaman is in because he is in multiple games, and has a strong history with Nintendo, he is a classic character, he brings something new to Smash Bros, Sakurai wants him, Capcom said Nintendo could, the list goes on.
Agreed Megaman started on the nes if you didn' know so did megaman x and megaman volnutt was on the n64 megaman exe is on the gba & nds series and other megaman is from starforce for the ds which i don't have any idea what he's called so yeah

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883

what Blade of Lucas said...

but as for Golden Sun, i didn't know there was a recent game of that...? Did it still featured Isaac then? Cuz if not, that could be a reason to not have Isaac as a fighter... besides this, i guess it also has to do with rpg characters, or less popular figures... but in any case, it's up to sakurai to decide wether he's in or not... I guess there's no logic behind the character selection. There's a ton of characters which are definately to be in smash... the most famous ones. The most potential ones. The most loved ones. the most logical/possible ones.

and with logical/possible i mean there won't be any ridley if you asked me... he's too big to downscale to a smash fighter size imo. But yeah, maybe... who'll knows... it's still sakutroll we're dealing with.

Top Bottom