• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 5th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. So far, which attack can blast away enemies the most dynamically… Is it King Dedede's fully charged Jet Hammer? Nah, it can't beat the K.O. uppercut. You can damage yourself by overcharging this attack, so watch out."

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
So Little Macs fully powered up uppercut stronger than jet hammer confirmed? To me it looks as if Pikachu is enjoying the clouds blissfully oblivious to DDD beside him.

djgeiger0620

Smash Rookie
I'm beginning to get the feeling that Little Mac is grossly overpowered. And I thought this game was supposed to be balanced... Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Little Mac may be strong as hell and have a lot of Super Armor. But he is puny. Just a few good hits and he is sent flying, and when he is, he will have it extremely hard recovering with those poor recoveries. ^^ He seems pretty balanced so far, actually.

Also, yeah, it doesn't look like Dedede is farting Pika to Death at all. :p

Zorc Of Norway

Smash Cadet
I'm beginning to get the feeling that Little Mac is grossly overpowered. And I thought this game was supposed to be balanced... Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
The chance of Sakurai messing up and making a new Meta Knigh is always there, but as for what we know about Little Mac, he does have a horrible recovery, which is what is supposed to balance him.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
The chance of Sakurai messing up and making a new Meta Knigh is always there, but as for what we know about Little Mac, he does have a horrible recovery, which is what is supposed to balance him.
Kind of reminds me of somebody else... :falcomelee:
By the way, that Jet Hammer looks ballsome.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Well his terrible recovery and awful game will help balance him

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
I hope DDD's rocket hammer got a buff because it was too predictable, slow and weak. Even Kirby's hammer was way more powerful and its only powered with his small arms.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
There is a difference between Meta Knight though. He was built with Smash in-mind before Smash was even a thing. If you put vanilla metaknight in melee, he would STILL be the best character. He is a fast, flying and sword character. That screams OP no matter how hard you nerf him (Project M)

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
There is a difference between Meta Knight though. He was built with Smash in-mind before Smash was even a thing. If you put vanilla metaknight in melee, he would STILL be the best character. He is a fast, flying and sword character. That screams OP no matter how hard you nerf him (Project M)
Exactly what Ive been trying to tell people, but they always say that Fox would still be stronger because of movement and shine. The obviously dont know what MK can do lol.

But anyway at the pic, I guess this was a good buff. If you have to charge it all the way before it becomes a viable kill move i still see it as pretty weak. But if you could just press Down-B at it is as strong as some of the best F-smashes, then I say its good.

Uffe

Smash Hero
So the chances of him being really good in this game is something we should all expect? I can't say I'm surprised if this does happen. I took notice of how good Marth still was in Brawl after Melee. I'm not sure where he stands now in Brawl, however. He's all sword, so getting by his attacks is somewhat difficult depending on who you're using. Thinking about it now, what is it that makes Meta Knight so great? Is it his speed?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well I'm hoping the fact that Sakurai brought the hammer up at all (even though we've already seen it) means it received some sort of buff. I love how it looks and feels, but it's just not viable at low charge, and near impossible to hit on high charge. 1v1 of course, FFA was just a matter of sneak attack golfing people.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Juding by the air lines from Pikachu,is he dashing on his back?

Or is this just a beta thing and Taunts made Pikachu move for some reason?

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
the more i think about mac's one hit ko move the more i dont like it. Having a move like that, but if i think about it roy's charging b was probably not a garenteed one hit ko, but could kill at low percentage. Hopefully mac's move is balanced and takes a while to charge up.

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
Juding by the air lines from Pikachu,is he dashing on his back?

Or is this just a beta thing and Taunts made Pikachu move for some reason?
The lines are coming from dedede's attack thingy.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
why do we need pics of stuff we already know is returning?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Little Mac may be strong as hell and have a lot of Super Armor. But he is puny. Just a few good hits and he is sent flying, and when he is, he will have it extremely hard recovering with those poor recoveries. ^^ He seems pretty balanced so far, actually.

Also, yeah, it doesn't look like Dedede is farting Pika to Death at all. :p
Yeah, because light characters with obserd on-stage presence that fall victim to strong attacks and/or gimps have never been unbalanced in the smash series.

:metaknight::diddy::olimar::popo::foxmelee::falco::pikachu64:

why do we need pics of stuff we already know is returning?
You must have missed the part where DeDeDe's down B is now the second strongest attack in the game.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Yeah because, light characters with obserd on-stage presence that fall victim to strong attacks and/or gimps have never been unbalanced in the smash series.

:metaknight::diddy::olimar::popo::foxmelee::falco::pikachu64:

You must have missed the part where DeDeDe's down B is now the second strongest attack in the game.
and who ever used it?

Top Bottom