• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 5th

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I like to think someone dared Pikachu to run up behind Dedede and taunt while he was charging the hammer.

Last edited:

iHook

Smash Cadet
Real talk though: Will he be able to move while charging? Jump? Change directions? Dodge? I mean it looks the same, but mechanics could have changed?

Does charging have a hitbox? (or Windbox??? I feel like a Jet engine inside a hammer would create quite a stir in air currents) Think people. Below the surface.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
How could you ever say such a thing... *shudders*
This is the most ridiculous quote I've ever been notified of!

First off, Ted Lewis was the voice actor of King DeDeDe in Kirby Right Back At Ya!, the ONLY English voice actor he's ever had.

Secondly, you're probably thinking of Ted Lewis the Musician, I'm talking about Ted Lewis the VOICE ACTOR!! Lewis also did some voices in Sonic X: Chris' father, and Yellow Zelkova. He's more noted for voicing Pokemon characters, such as Marlon, James, Tracey, and Giovanni. You really don't have anything to be worried about.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It seems that we actually get some ok information with each Pic of the Day, and there is no more "look at the funny pose!" pictures. This is most likely because the release date is just on the horizon.

Also, "I need a pocket monster to clobba' that there Pikachu!"

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
So the chances of him being really good in this game is something we should all expect? I can't say I'm surprised if this does happen. I took notice of how good Marth still was in Brawl after Melee. I'm not sure where he stands now in Brawl, however. He's all sword, so getting by his attacks is somewhat difficult depending on who you're using. Thinking about it now, what is it that makes Meta Knight so great? Is it his speed?
Well he has 3 major factors working for him, He is a small character and rather light so that means he is rather fast, he is a Kirby character and by default he has the ability to fly and he has a sword so he has range and fast attacks. Plus somehow Sakurai thought it was good for all his specials to have priority and act as recovery

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Exactly what Ive been trying to tell people, but they always say that Fox would still be stronger because of movement and shine. The obviously dont know what MK can do lol.

But anyway at the pic, I guess this was a good buff. If you have to charge it all the way before it becomes a viable kill move i still see it as pretty weak. But if you could just press Down-B at it is as strong as some of the best F-smashes, then I say its good.
I could see that working, in all honesty, that is a rather funny move to get his by, I have yet to face a DeDeDe now but good god if I get hit by one im laughing my ass off when it happens

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I love how all the characters have different facial expressions now. I think its more important in this game since it's in HD and you can actually see their faces. Brawl's characters looked dead.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
It's interesting to read about just how much devastating K.O power Little Mac is going to potentially have.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Well he has 3 major factors working for him, He is a small character and rather light so that means he is rather fast, he is a Kirby character and by default he has the ability to fly and he has a sword so he has range and fast attacks. Plus somehow Sakurai thought it was good for all his specials to have priority and act as recovery
It makes sense for a sword to overpower other physical attacks. And it makes sense for his Up B to be a recovery, because every character has one. I can see why he'd be given priority in his Up B as well. But with him having five jumps, it really shouldn't have been as prioritized as it was. Kirby can jump five times, but his Final Cutter can be dealt with almost easily. Even Ness' recovery can still be dealt with when he hits himself towards the stage. I don't expect Meta Knight to suck in the next Smash, and I'd like for him not to. I just hope they can balance him as much as possible. His recovery is somewhat unpredictable because of the loop he does. I'd imagine that gives him some sort of chance to return aside from his five jumps.

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai's real quote: "Silent but deadly! Every character now has a waft on their down-B, some are more powerful than others."

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
It makes sense for a sword to overpower other physical attacks. And it makes sense for his Up B to be a recovery, because every character has one. I can see why he'd be given priority in his Up B as well. But with him having five jumps, it really shouldn't have been as prioritized as it was. Kirby can jump five times, but his Final Cutter can be dealt with almost easily. Even Ness' recovery can still be dealt with when he hits himself towards the stage. I don't expect Meta Knight to suck in the next Smash, and I'd like for him not to. I just hope they can balance him as much as possible. His recovery is somewhat unpredictable because of the loop he does. I'd imagine that gives him some sort of chance to return aside from his five jumps.
That is also a problem, its near impossible to edge guard Metaknight. Hell I don't even think it is

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
D3 looks way too scared of his own hammer for me to take him seriously here.

Although...that probably a good indicator that I should.

Top Bottom