• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 17th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. That item that brings victory one step closer...the Smash Ball! Of course everyone wants it! Come to think of it, I haven't introduced any of the Final Smashes yet... Then again, if I introduced every single one, it'd take over a month's worth of posts."

JOE!

Smash Hero
>Every Single 1

>Over a month

>1 month usually has about 30 days

>Over 30 chars confirmed

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
>Every Single 1

>Over a month

>Over 30 chars confirmed
I had the same conclusion, until i realized that he only posts weekdays... which is about 20 per month... :( I still think 30+ characters is a very safe bet though.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
But also not more than 60 otherwise he would have said 2 months.

INTERESTING
Even if there were 60 characters Sakurai would still say, over a month. This is because he might not want to reveal the number of characters in smash. The best bet is to just wait and not draw conclusions

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
O.k, Mr.Sakurai... over a month to reveal all...
But wich will you reveal tomorrow ?
I mean... Luigi needs some new stuff.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
There seems to be 24 characters on the Smash Bros web page. I assume he's referring to those characters.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd prefer a video for individual Final Smash demonstrations. Pics don't do justice to a Final Smash's true effectiveness (DK's and Ice Climbers' come to mind).

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Is it weird of me to say that I don't want the smash ball? I want Final Smashes...but I really don't want them to be an item. Would be seriously cool if you could build a meter for a final smash, based on how much damage you deal or take or something to that affect.

I use Sonic in Brawl, and I pretty much will get the smash ball every time and it's seriously unfair.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'd say we are getting a Final Smash pic tomorrow, but I remembered that Sakurai is a troll, so he probably won't.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The funny thing about the quote is that we did see at least two Final Smashes, but Sakurai never did mention how they'll work.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hope Kirby gets his Final Smash changed to Ultra Sword Kirby.
...Or Kabuki Kirby.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I just want a new final smash for:
Luigi-Poltergust 3000
Ness-PK Rockin'
Lucas-PK Love
DK-nerf the smash move....it sucks
Sonic-is too OP!!!

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
So over a month! That means at least 4 weeks. So only counting week days that's 20. A roster of at least 20 confirmed!!!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So over a month! That means at least 4 weeks. So only counting week days that's 20. A roster of at least 20 confirmed!!!
We already knew this though, as there are 24 characters revealed on the website.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Hopefully this time Luigi gets a Luigi's Mansion themed final smash. Pulls out the poltergeist 3000 and starts sucking everyone into the vacuum. The bag holding everyone would eventually explode, but the longer your in it, the more damage you have. The explosion would not hurt Luigi just to be clear. Throwing out some ideas. Your move, sneaky Sakurai.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hopefully this time Luigi gets a Luigi's Mansion themed final smash. Pulls out the poltergeist 3000 and starts sucking everyone into the vacuum. The bag holding everyone would eventually explode, but the longer your in it, the more damage you have. The explosion would not hurt Luigi just to be clear. Throwing out some ideas. Your move, sneaky Sakurai.
But...but...I like how Luigi used "ZA WARUDO!" in Brawl... :c

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
But...but...I like how Luigi used "ZA WARUDO!" in Brawl... :c
Oh, Please. The last thing we need is Luigi doing some odd cultural dancing that makes no sense at all. Do you really want that? The fact that Sakurai played off "The Negative Zone" as something from Super Mario Bros. 2 was just obnoxious. You would think Luigi would get some attacks from the games he starred in. It's common sense.

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Another thing, If I see that Donkey Kong final smash with the barrels again from that abomination you call a Donkey Kong game, I'm going to rage.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
lol, i normally disable smashballs... just because of the lame factor it brings with it. No items for me, but I guess I am kinda curious to what the finals will look like...

Another thing, If I see that Donkey Kong final smash with the barrels again from that abomination you call a Donkey Kong game, I'm going to rage.
yeah, same here, that was such a dumb final... But i guess it'll be something like that again... Something with an instrument... but I wouldn't mind if DK used blastbarrels or something... like the completed airgliderparts...; DK would jump in a barrel and you'll get to aim with a crosshair at the stage to just pick ur target or something... anyways, that would be nice ^^

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, Please. The last thing we need is Luigi doing some odd cultural dancing that makes no sense at all. Do you really want that? The fact that Sakurai played off "The Negative Zone" as something from Super Mario Bros. 2 was just obnoxious. You would think Luigi would get some attacks from the games he starred in. It's common sense.
MUDA DA!
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!
ZA WARUDO!
TOKI WA TOMARE!
KIAI!
Sosh-ite, toki ga ugoki desu.
WRRRRYYYY!!!!!

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
One month is 30-31 days, which is 5-6 less that Brawl's roster. Very nice, Sakurai, very nice.

Qsmash

Smash Cadet
There's no rule that final smashes have to be attacks from games. Several characters from Brawl had original final smashes.

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
>Every Single 1

>Over a month

>Over 30 chars confirmed
brawl had 37 characters so I hope the rest of the slots are filled with new characters. 40 is a great number and I think it should be the maximum so we don't get a bunch of clones.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Common sense is using the character´s references over the years to create a unique FS smash (but hey, let's not pretend that you disliking the move and rather having something else is common sense when this is just your opinion); it borrows from his feelings of being left behind when Mario went on an adventure (see Paper Mario where he complains about this in his diary and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga where Bowser doesn't even know his name). Just food for thought for those eager fans who demand faithfulness.
And besides, you may find it obnoxious, others like me find it awesome and fitting. But since you hate the move so much you better brace for disappointment; I wouldn't expect FS changes like his if I were you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom