• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 17th

MelchizedekVD

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-4632-2309
If Smash 4 ends up being another party-esque Smash, then I'll get pumped for these items. I'll admit it makes for some pretty fun matches with other casual players, but playing without them has sort of made me indifferent.

But I kind of like how the Smash ball looks now, I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first.

MelchizedekVD

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-4632-2309
Please tell me you're changing Sonic's FS.

What if all Final Smashes were just temporary buffs, like with Wario but without the invincibility? It would balance things a bit and give the other players a chance to do something during those activations where they otherwise can do nothing.

MelchizedekVD

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-4632-2309
Please tell me you're changing Sonic's FS.

What if all Final Smashes were just temporary buffs, like with Wario but without the invincibility? It would balance things a bit and give the other players a chance to do something during those activations where they otherwise can do nothing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The problem with Sonic's Final Smash is that Super Sonic is the ONLY one they will use as it's so iconic, but in the actual Sonic games, Super Sonic IS invincible. The Final Smash in Brawl is actually very faithful.

I think that they should just make every Final Smash as overpowered as Sonic's. It'd make the concept way more fun.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
Looks like Sakurai is either lying to us or he forgot that he has shown Wii fit trainers final smash. Or he has changed her final smash.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
so are wii fit trainer and little macs final smashes we saw in the trailer not the actually final smashes? interested stuff 20 + characters confirmed which is not say much as we got 25+ already confirmed

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Actually, I'm willing to bet Sakurai might do this sort of thing soon. (Marathon pictures detailing Final Smashes), or just revealing them over time like stage and item reveals. Intermittent, you know.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Common sense is using the character´s references over the years to create a unique FS smash (but hey, let's not pretend that you disliking the move and rather having something else is common sense when this is just your opinion); it borrows from his feelings of being left behind when Mario went on an adventure (see Paper Mario where he complains about this in his diary and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga where Bowser doesn't even know his name). Just food for thought for those eager fans who demand faithfulness.
And besides, you may find it obnoxious, others like me find it awesome and fitting. But since you hate the move so much you better brace for disappointment; I wouldn't expect FS changes like his if I were you.
I don't hate the move and I'm not trying to start a comment war or anything silly. I know its a reference. But I was just saddened to see Luigi getting no attacks borrowing from Luigi's Mansion at all. Am I the only one who thinks Luigi should have an attack relevant to one of the games he starred in? I understand its from his feelings. But c'mon dude. Opinion or not, would you not like some attacks borrowed from Luigi's Mansion?

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Is it weird of me to say that I don't want the smash ball? I want Final Smashes...but I really don't want them to be an item. Would be seriously cool if you could build a meter for a final smash, based on how much damage you deal or take or something to that affect.

I use Sonic in Brawl, and I pretty much will get the smash ball every time and it's seriously unfair.
That has been done before, its called PlayStation All-Stars and its a mess. Its a great game but the fact that Final Smashes won't have ANY reward to them would be disappointing. Smash doesn't need a meter, because Final Smashes are made to be cheap and un-fair, some more than others and Sonic was a last second character so its not his fault that his wasn't balanced well

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
There's no rule that final smashes have to be attacks from games. Several characters from Brawl had original final smashes.
I agree with you, but many of the moves characters use in smash originate from the series they are relevant to. That's one of the things that brings such a charm to smash. Originality is awesome, but when attacks are brought from a franchise into a characters' move set, it is very creative to see how it is done.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't hate the move and I'm not trying to start a comment war or anything silly. I know its a reference. But I was just saddened to see Luigi getting no attacks borrowing from Luigi's Mansion at all. Am I the only one who thinks Luigi should have an attack relevant to one of the games he starred in? I understand its from his feelings. But c'mon dude. Opinion or not, would you not like some attacks borrowed from Luigi's Mansion?
If Luigi had not been a veteran of the series, I'd agree. However, he was in two Smash games prior to Luigi's Mansion (Melee and Luigi's Mansion were both launch titles, but their development was completely disconnected). A lot of people got familiarised with how he played in those. None of the Smash 64 veterans have seen extremely drastic changes to how they play over the course of the series, and with good reason.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I like Jungle Beat, but I will say the Final Smash was HORRIBLE.
Though I think the barrel controller was creative, C'mon now. That final smash is awful even when you hit the barrels to the rhythm for more damage and an increased radius. I feel there was something different that could have been done. Hm. Maybe use Rambi the rhino for a certain period of time?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can use DK's Final Smash. It's devastating if you know how to use it, at least on small to medium size stages.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Jungle Beat was great, idk what your talking about
Though I agree it was fun, the barrels didn't really allow for precise platforming and didn't really bring the challenging platforming that Donkey Kong names are known for. Opinions aside though, You have to agree with me that Donkey Kong's final smash is one of the worst in smash.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
If Luigi had not been a veteran of the series, I'd agree. However, he was in two Smash games prior to Luigi's Mansion (Melee and Luigi's Mansion were both launch titles, but their development was completely disconnected). A lot of people got familiarised with how he played in those. None of the Smash 64 veterans have seen extremely drastic changes to how they play over the course of the series, and with good reason.
Not many have changed, but Final Smashes weren't in the game until Brawl. Also Mario received F.L.U.D.D. as a move. I'm saying that it would be awesome to see Luigi feel even more unique than he already is.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Green Missile returns once again for Luigi.
Hope he uses the poltergust for his grabs

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm diggin' how it just looks like a ball of pure pent up energy, though I'm not sure if I prefer altogether to the first one.

But goddamn if everything doesn't look incredible in Pyrosphere...

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
DK's FS? It was ok; it was difficult to use but when you get the hang of it, dear God, it desvastates. Learn to use it, seriously. Station at the center of stages like battlefield or FD and your opponents have no escape, if you use it right.

See those shockwaves? They get huge when you time the button presses.

And hey, it's faithful! DK doesn't show a lot of Super Moves in his series, but this one draws from his bongos in DK64, the musical game Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
if sonic's final smash stays the most logical way to fix it so it's not completely OP is lower the priority it has over other attacks as super sonic can clash with other hitboxes if timed right and you'll take no damage. they also would need to fix his final smash so that it takes more consecutive hits to KO and not send the opponent straihgt up when he slams into them it should send them in the direction he rams into you

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
It makes up for Sonic being below average.
Sonic wasn't too bad, he just has problems getting the kill. But how do you explain Bowser or Ganon, of whom, are incredibly slow and have awful recoveries? Not only are their final smashes much weaker than Sonic's, but they would rarely get the smash ball when characters like sonic were in the battle. The Smash Ball is NOT a way of balancing the game, well at least in Brawl it wasn't.

Justin Bailey

Smash Cadet
I hope the all the characters' final smashes are a little more unique this time. (I'm looking at you Falco and Wolf.)

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
I like this. You shouldn't get invincibility and one-hit power, but a significant power boost, speed, size, whatever, for like 30-40 seconds would be cool. For instance, Giga Bowser wouldn't take up the whole stage, and you'd still be able to hit him, but he'd be stronger and more resistant. That kind of thing would encourage more tactical usage of the final smashes, rather than just giving people free kills.

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
That has been done before, its called PlayStation All-Stars and its a mess. Its a great game but the fact that Final Smashes won't have ANY reward to them would be disappointing. Smash doesn't need a meter, because Final Smashes are made to be cheap and un-fair, some more than others and Sonic was a last second character so its not his fault that his wasn't balanced well
Yeah I immediately thought Playstation All-Stars after I posted that comment and re-considered it, but even if the Final Smashes were 'balanced', the idea of the Smash Ball is still unbalanced. It doesn't change the fact that when it appears, you have to run or fly and go get it. Characters like Sonic will benefit from this more than nearly everyone in the entire cast.

I'm just saying that I'm not satisfied with Brawl's representation of the Smash Ball. I like Final Smashes and I actually think that they are hype, and in my opinion, anything that contributes to hype is a good thing. The problem is when you see a very small fraction of the cast benefitting from it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I like this. You shouldn't get invincibility and one-hit power, but a significant power boost, speed, size, whatever, for like 30-40 seconds would be cool. For instance, Giga Bowser wouldn't take up the whole stage, and you'd still be able to hit him, but he'd be stronger and more resistant. That kind of thing would encourage more tactical usage of the final smashes, rather than just giving people free kills.
The problem with it is that it takes away from the character's individuality. It was bad enough that some characters had overly similar Final Smashes in Brawl (Starfox characters, the two Links). Making every character simply receive stat boosts is awfully generic, and in a lot of cases, there isn't a basis to do this. For example, why would Zelda or Mr. Game & Watch suddenly be able to move faster, jump higher, etc, at random?

Wario's Final Smash made sense for what it was, but it wouldn't make sense to try and give everyone something similar.

Top Bottom