• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 14th

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Everyone expected Sakurai to give us Yoshi.

So Sakurai gave us a picture of Villager and Wii FIt Trainer.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
let's all ask for a picture of donkey kong's face close-up for next potd, maybe we'll fool sakurai so he'll show us yoshi instead or something...

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
It is my greatest displeasure to notify Smashboards that Miiverse has asploded with rage and anger due to Yoshi not being announced today. R.I.P, Miiverse.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I think this stage is based off that Tomodachi game (where you're living alone and eventually grow a family- taking care of several Miis in the process).

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Aw I was hoping we'd get a reveal, not yoshi though cause yoshi's new island doesn't release till summer in japan

Uffe

Smash Hero
Why are people expecting Yoshi so much? I'm going to laugh if Sakurai ends up revealing a different character instead.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
just because everyone is expecting Yoshi, doesn't mean that sakurai HAS to reveal him you bunch of spoiled little brats! =)

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Aw I was hoping we'd get a reveal, not yoshi though cause yoshi's new island doesn't release till summer in japan
Right, exactly. I have no idea why Mii-verse was so adamant about Yoshi being released today. If Sakurai is going to reveal a character for smash based on a newly released game, then it'll be the Japanese release date that he will go off of. This is the trend he has followed, and I'm sure he will continue to follow.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Right, exactly. I have no idea why Mii-verse was so adamant about Yoshi being released today. If Sakurai is going to reveal a character for smash based on a newly released game, then it'll be the Japanese release date that he will go off of. This is the trend he has followed, and I'm sure he will continue to follow.
Expect for the Diddy reveal.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So as I understand it, this game had nothing but Mii's right? Well that's two stages now...

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Expect for the Diddy reveal.
You're right. I forgot about him. Tropical Freeze was released eight days sooner in Japan than North America, but Diddy was revealed the day of the North American release.

I think the moral of the story is...keep your expectations VERY low and don't try to predict what Sakurai is going to do.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
You're right. I forgot about him. Tropical Freeze was released eight days sooner in Japan than North America, but Diddy was revealed the day of the North American release.

I think the moral of the story is...keep your expectations VERY low and don't try to predict what Sakurai is going to do.
Agreed, I'd rather be blown away by amazing-ness I didn't expect than to be **** on by a new release by over-hyping myself for it.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Is this like a new Animal Crossing stage or something? It could be Villager's house with changing furniture every time. That'd be cool.

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Just thought I'd point this out but....this game looks freakishly good on the 3DS. Judging from these screenshots, cell-shading was a really great idea for the 3DS version. If it turns out to be a huge success when the game comes out, I can see this becoming a bit of a trend for future 3DS games. Pokemon X/Y benefited from this type of art as well.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Not only did we get a new stage in place of Yoshi, but confirmation that Sakurai is riding the Villager train.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Kind of a violent response over a character that barely anyone plays though.

and this is coming from someone who consider Yoshi's Island one of the greatest games ever made.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Kind of a violent response over a character that barely anyone plays though.

and this is coming from someone who consider Yoshi's Island one of the greatest games ever made.
More than that I'm confused at the certainty people felt, despite Diddy being the ONLY case of an NA release resulting in a character.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
More than that I'm confused at the certainty people felt, despite Diddy being the ONLY case of an NA release resulting in a character.
and thats only cause there was a nintendo direct the day Tropical freeze came out

Top Bottom