• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 4th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's a new item that we've thrown in--the boomerang. As you'd guess, it'll fly back into your hands after you throw it, and if you keep catching it, its attack power grows with each throw! However, opponents can nab the boomerang out of the air, so it might be an easier item to use in Smash Run."

Last edited by a moderator:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Well, I see one positive thing from this besides being an annoying item. Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the easiest way to practice grabbing an opponents item midair or on the ground.

Or it could just be a useless "curved flying stick". :troll:

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Okay so I'm an idiot here. I thought the boomerang was Wii Fit TRainer. Yes, WFT throwing anther WFT....... At WFT

Last edited:

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
My friends already hate me for hitting them over and over with these things in Mario Kart 8. Just wait until they see this...

I'm interested in how item matches of SSB4 are usually going to feel, since it seems like there is going to be a significantly larger pool of items than in any previous game. I usually turn items off after a fair while because things start seeming samey, but depending on how rare all these new ones (as well as the old ones) are, things could be really different. However it happens, I'm sure it will be a new experience!

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It's from Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart 8.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Boomerang_(item)

I was excited to see this item in the promotional pictures. Should be interesting. I wonder how Little Mac can throw it with those gloves.
Actually, that Boomerang is more Zelda-like since the color of this Boomerang is in Link to the Past (or at least similar to the spirites here). In all honesty, we could say it's references evenly between Mario series and Zelda series.

EDITED: Nevermind, it's Mario. Looking at it VERY carefully, there's a white stripe on the left side of the boomerang. So it's Mario series.

Last edited:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Huh, kinda reminds me of the Red Shell.
My biggest complaint with item matches in Brawl was that my dtilts would be foiled by my character picking up an item at their feet, then throwing it down. That's why I really didn't like the Smoke Ball, for instance.

DeOnde

Smash Cadet
Wii Fit Trainer ♀ throwing a boomerang at Wii Fit Trainer ♂ that he can catch and throw back... sounds like a Wii Fit minigame to me. Also, will the BOOMerang (yeah, i guess it can become quite powerful) keep it's charged power when you catch it in midair or will it's power reset if he goes to another owner? guess we'll only know when the game is released.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I don't think so, as the Mario boomerang has a stripe. Then again, it could be covered by the explosion effect.
Curse you, Sakurai!
It does have a white stripe, there's another picture of the boomerang in SSB4 somewhere that does show a stripe

It's the Mario Kart 8 boomerang, has nothing to do with Zelda

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Maybe I'll come around to Items On matches.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Interesting. I wonder if you pick it up as a Boomerang Flower, or if it stays a boomerang. Either way, I wish they gave this buff to the boomerangs of Link & Toon Link, so that they're more useful.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Geez, how many Mario items are we getting? More series have items to choose from, y'know...

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So...anyone thinking this will be allowed for Link's use in tournaments? Now with that out of the way, I speculate that the damage will have to cap up somewhere. This may probably start off with probably 5% damage and cap up to 20% Damage. Looking at the post, I am thinking it may have absurd power and could end up at 50% damage, but that's a longshot.

Want Boomerang in competitive play, but for Link or Toon Link? Use these in your responses below:
#DoubleBoomerangMayhem
#AllowBoomerangItem

:4link::4tlink:

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Wii Fit Trainer ♀ throwing a boomerang at Wii Fit Trainer ♂ that he can catch and throw back... sounds like a Wii Fit minigame to me. Also, will the BOOMerang (yeah, i guess it can become quite powerful) keep it's charged power when you catch it in midair or will it's power reset if he goes to another owner? guess we'll only know when the game is released.
What's the point of playing catch with a boomerang if it's gonna come back to you anyway? Also, it doesn't sound like much of a workout to be a Wii Fit minigame, but then again, the ones that already exist aren't that calorie-burning either.

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
I don't get why people are branding it a Mario Kart 8 item. It first appeared in Super Mario 3D Land.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
So ... new side B's for the Links ? (that are hopefully different cough cough skull hammer plz)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Don't see why people take this as a sign that the Links' Side Bs are gonna be replaced (specially when we have seen Link using his already).
Everyone remember that time when the Screw Attack item was introduced and Samus's Up B got replaced? No? That never happened?

Last edited:
Top Bottom