• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 4th

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Um, alot of people play with items off. So essentially none of them are necessary but are good to have to spice up the multiplayer brawls.
Well, I actually meant it as in.. we already have two characters who can throw boomerangs. Did we really need a boomerang item? :p

But I guess we have a baseball bat item where Ness has a bat and Lucas has... a stick.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well, I actually meant it as in.. we already have two characters who can throw boomerangs. Did we really need a boomerang item? :p

But I guess we have a baseball bat item where Ness has a bat and Lucas has... a stick.
You can't never have enough items.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Now to make a bow and arrow item to finish off the process of devaluing Link's moveset. =P

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
There are only 2 items actually needed in smash.

1: The smash ball
2: The mushroom to appeal to us size fetishists

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Which you say after we get five new Zelda items. :p
But Zelda had, what 3 items before? Bunny Hood, Heart Container, Deku Nut and that's all i can remember at this point. Mario had more than 5 in Melee alone- Super and Poison mushrooms, Freezie, Bob-ombs Metal Box, Fire Flower, Green and Red Shells. And that's off the top of my head, i'm sure i missed some. Brawl added even more and now we're getting more on top of that. I'm all for new items, but give other series some love. Star Fox has, what, just the smart bomb? DK has just the hammer and the spring? Does Yoshi even HAVE any? Mother has a TON of crazy things and we only have Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge. /rant

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
But Zelda had, what 3 items before? Bunny Hood, Heart Container, Deku Nut and that's all i can remember at this point. Mario had more than 5 in Melee alone- Super and Poison mushrooms, Freezie, Bob-ombs Metal Box, Fire Flower, Green and Red Shells. And that's off the top of my head, i'm sure i missed some. Brawl added even more and now we're getting more on top of that. I'm all for new items, but give other series some love. Star Fox has, what, just the smart bomb? DK has just the hammer and the spring? Does Yoshi even HAVE any? Mother has a TON of crazy things and we only have Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge. /rant
DK has the barrel container, the cannon barrel (melee only though) and the banana peel as well.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
DK has the barrel container, the cannon barrel (melee only though) and the banana peel as well.
I think the barrel container and banana peel are classified as "Smash" items though.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I don't get why people are branding it a Mario Kart 8 item. It first appeared in Super Mario 3D Land.
Well, actually it first appeared in Super Mario Bros. 3, the Boomerang Bros. use it against you. It became a power up for mario until 3D Land.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Male Wii Fit Trainer shouldnt've said those nasty things about her butt.

Xganz32

Smash Rookie
I can see this item becoming a problem during the first three rounds of the invitational! Haha.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
There are plenty of boomerangs in Nintendo to choose from. Why did they just choose to make their own unless they're holding something back? Nice going, Sakurai!

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm wondering if you can throw this as many times as you want, or just a few times. If it's MK8 style, you'll get three throws.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Mii Fit Trainer is like, "Ow! Stop!" xD EMASCULATED!!

Last edited:

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
Sakurai says that it would be a great item to use in Smash Run, since oppenents can catch the boomerang. Doesn't this basically deconfirm fightning other players in Smash Run?

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
What? I don't see anything in the picture...
Oh, It's just that a lot of people believed Snake wasn't returning because some of the new items revealed prior resembled his own moves. Boomerang (not to mention (though I have mentioned in other threads) all of the staple items that resemble characters moves such as the screw attack or ray gun) deconfirms Toon Link as much as any of the other new items deconfirm Snake.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
If tomorrow's pic of the day is hype worthy, I will quit Smash Boards until after E3. I don't want to hear any rumors, leaks, or spoilers and time just seems to move slower here...

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
It makes sense to have a Super Mario Boomerang, since we already have TLoZ Boomerangs in the form of side specials for both Link and Toon Link.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I can't believe people are mad about the boomerang when its clearly a tip of the hat to MK8 for doing so well, so they just added it in there because they can. Dunno why people are up in arms about an item that can be turned off.

Top Bottom