• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 4th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. When Lucario shoots out Aura from its hands to fly with ExtremeSpeed, you can control its flight direction. If Lucario's Aura is fully charged, it can fly extremely far, so be careful not to accidentally launch out of the area."

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Must be cold, Lucario's putting off contrails.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Thank god, Extremespeed sucked in Brawl (or maybe I just suck). It seems like lucario is gonna be a lot better of a character in this game

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I looks to me like the aura might actually damage now (Luigi is jumping out of the way).

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I looks to me like the aura might actually damage now (Luigi is jumping out of the way).
When I first saw it that's what I thought too, but I feel it'd have been mentioned. Still, one can hope.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Thank god, Extremespeed sucked in Brawl (or maybe I just suck). It seems like lucario is gonna be a lot better of a character in this game
it wasnt just you it did suck..

hopefully itll have a hitbox this time around in addition to the mentioned buff

Cpt.

Smash Lord
When I first saw it that's what I thought too, but I feel it'd have been mentioned. Still, one can hope.
I'm just hoping that Lucario doesn't go into free fall after using it for some reason. That would be horrendous with its extreme speed's new changing distance.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Hopefully Sakurai will take notes from PM, or Pokemon for that matter and Extreme Speed will actually do damage.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
@ Sonicguy726 Sonicguy726 Probably not, but he obviously knows that Pokemon exists and Extreme Speed does damage in the Pokemon games so there's no reason that Lucario was completely helpless when he used it in Brawl.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I don't think he's ever acknowledged P:M officially but with how big it's grown recently I don't see how somebody wouldn't have brought it to his attention by now.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Honestly one of the worst things that could happen is for Sakurai to simply implement ideas from Project M (if he even knows about it which I'm fairly sure he doesn't). I already play that and I like it, but I certainly would prefer seeing Sakurai bring his own changes and additions to the game instead of going back to Melee as a base.

Brawl had many flaws, but it still makes sense to work off of Brawl in my opinion.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
You're all missing the point, the fact is Extreme Speed is a damaing move in Pokemon, so there's no reason for it not to do damage in Smash.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
You're all missing the point, the fact is Extreme Speed is a damaing move in Pokemon, so there's no reason for it not to do damage in Smash.
I'm not disagreeing with that but people want smash 4 to be more like P:M but they forget that sakurai most likely has no idea what it is

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Don't think anybody missed that point, so yeah, I agree.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Smash 4 doesn't need to be like Melee or Project M, but I would like to see L-Canceling come back as that and Ukemi (Teching) were both staples in 64 and Melee until L-Canceling was removed from Brawl. If they brought L-Canceling back, then I know that Smash 4 can be made into a competitive game as well as something purely fun. At the same time, I would like to see some new mechanics to coincide with familiar techs from Brawl like DACUS or RAR.

Back on the subject of Lucario, I would also like to see Extremespeed with a hitbox. It'd fill in the description of the technique in Pokemon.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I'd like to see footstooling return too. As for other Brawl mechanics dash dancing was like way harder than it needed to be, so I hope it is as smooth as it was in Melee I can live without wavedashing but dash dancing is crucial.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'd like to see footstooling return too. As for other Brawl mechanics dash dancing was like way harder than it needed to be, so I hope it is as smooth as it was in Melee I can live without wavedashing but dash dancing is crucial.
Isn't footstooling already back

S5565

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping that this does damage...Would be like foxes side special, if you did it to the side. Another thing, WILL you be able to make this move go vertical completely. Heres hoping!

S5565

Smash Rookie
He will be better, with all the buffs he is getting. I used to play him in brawl but he wasn't my type. Maybe with the buffs more people will like him.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
So if he has high damage, he's stronger with a better recovery? sounds interesting

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
So I see I'm the only one who cares about Fire Jump Punch.
I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere since it's been a staple of Luigi's moveset since 64. Some things I'd like to see from Luigi are ftilt restored to the Melee range, fair restored to Melee knockback, Green Missile given more priority, a faster run to compensate for the lack of wave dashing, and his fireballs should have the physics of Doc's pills since they're bouncier than Mario's in Mario Advance 2.

Edit: Oh and his Melee chaingrabs restored.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Dash Dancing was only harder because of the increased risk of tripping. Now that I remind myself, I would also like to see Stutterstep come back. Mario and Sonic benefited more than any other character in Brawl from that technique. I won't miss Wavedashing too much, but I do agree that L-Canceling, Dash Dancing, DACUS, and RAR needs to come back for Smash 4.

As for Luigi, I am particularly envious that he keeps his Tornado and yet Mario has a freaking Water Pump on his back...

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Even without tripping dash dancing definitely feels harder in Brawl, maybe it's because of buffering.

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Honestly one of the worst things that could happen is for Sakurai to simply implement ideas from Project M (if he even knows about it which I'm fairly sure he doesn't). I already play that and I like it, but I certainly would prefer seeing Sakurai bring his own changes and additions to the game instead of going back to Melee as a base.

Brawl had many flaws, but it still makes sense to work off of Brawl in my opinion.
I agree. This game should look and 'feel' a bit different from each smash game thus far. Working off of Brawl might be the best choice simply because it had the most flaws competitively. Therefore finding fixes for those flaws could make for an entirely new game if Sakurai implements new mechanics. I'm not gonna lie though, I miss melee's L-cancels.

Also, I would hope that Sakurai is at least aware of Project M. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who immediately thought of Project M when the Smash 4 Skyloft stage was revealed.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Dash Dancing was only harder because of the increased risk of tripping. Now that I remind myself, I would also like to see Stutterstep come back. Mario and Sonic benefited more than any other character in Brawl from that technique. I won't miss Wavedashing too much, but I do agree that L-Canceling, Dash Dancing, DACUS, and RAR needs to come back for Smash 4.

As for Luigi, I am particularly envious that he keeps his Tornado and yet Mario has a freaking Water Pump on his back...
CoughPoltergustCough

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bending Kamehamehas.
Don't tell me otherwise.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
In brawl the only "dash dance" you could do was a really tiny, fast one. In melee the dash dance was a lot longer.
There is actually a new way of Dash Dancing to make it match the melee length, but is a few frames slower. It is a series of foxtrots. Since you could fox trot pretty rapidly, one could foxtrot > foxtrot again (but this time do the short DD to face the other way) > foxtrot > repeat. So technically, this makes Dash Dancing harder to do in Brawl because you would need quicker movements, but since tripping exists no one really wants to do that... or even dash in the first place.
:oneeye:
On the note of Lucario, this is a very good buff. I know a lot of you were expecting a hitbox, but length works too. (Im not sure why people think Sakurai would even take stuff from P:M, a modded version of Brawl. That makes as much sense of him taking out stuff from Brawl+ or -... and yes I know P:M is bigger and all, but the idea is still rediculous.) Lucario was good in the Brawl, I wonder how good he will be in this one. So far from what I've seen, the characters have gotten buffs in the right places/movesets (sheild breaker was an okay buff, its only a problem because we all know Marth to be good, if he was bad... people would be complaining how it would be a bad buff). Hopefully this game is more balanced than the rest, hopefully even more than 64 (but I doubt it)

Top Bottom