• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 3rd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger."

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
JESUS CHRIST ITS BIGGER THEN LUCARIO HIMSELF!

Although, on a side note, it looks like they changed the model for his aurasphere drastically. It looks much more unstable in comparison to his old one.

Very.
Shadow ball-ish.
HMMMMM.

Last edited:

Antexerxes

Training Partner?
NNID
Orochi-Aizen
3DS FC
2509-3490-1795
Man.....imagine Villager catching that with his net!!!

Also they should include some type of explosion (similar to the smartbomb item in Brawl) when Lucario's strongest Aura Sphere, clashes with Samus' 100% charge shot...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Whoa, that Aura Sphere is HUGE. Wonder if the percentage damage will change dramatically for Lu?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I just vomit a little. :applejack:
Are you mad?
I don't mean that like angry mad, but like crazy mad. . . well, I guess it could be either, or both.
I hope that Applejack means you're joking, Project: Melee is supposed to bring our community together, why drive it apart with such derision?

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Are you mad?
I don't mean that like angry mad, but like crazy mad. . . well, I guess it could be either, or both.
I hope that Applejack means you're joking, Project: Melee is supposed to bring our community together, why drive it apart with such derision?
Well if anything, this has split the community even more

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Good god Lucario, you are going to be insane and I don't have a problem with that

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well if anything, this has split the community even more
I doubt this, sir. And if you were referring to my comment, I must say that I was being absolutely serious, I do not mean to ridicule Rose at all.
I have been to Ken's streams hearing him preach about the almighty "One unit", and I have personally in the past experienced the unification that Project: Melee has brought to the people about me. In my personal experience, I've seen more people brought together over P:M, I am simply confounded to think that there are those who would revile it. 'Tis as silly as the man who likes Hersheys hating Lindts, the matter is trivial, not of grave importance.
I want us all to be Brothers at the table of Smash, is that too much to ask?

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I doubt this, sir. And if you were referring to my comment, I must say that I was being absolutely serious, I do not mean to ridicule Rose at all.
I have been to Ken's streams hearing him preach about the almighty "One unit", and I have personally in the past experienced the unification that Project: Melee has brought to the people about me. In my personal experience, I've seen more people brought together over P:M, I am simply confounded to think that there are those who would revile it. 'Tis as silly as the man who likes Hersheys hating Lindts, the matter is trivial, not of grave importance.
I want us all to be Brothers at the table of Smash, is that too much to ask?
That's the thing though, this is only a place for melee players. Where are the brawl players supposed to go with Project M almost seemingly being the end of Brawl itself. People talk of one unit and sticking together but this doesn't apply to the Brawl players when our game is used as nothing more than a base for a MOD that the melee players created

I would love for that to be the case and yet it won't ever be, Brawl will never have its time in the sun while Melee will STILL be played until they a clone of the game in a version of Smash 5 or 6.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Stop arguing about Project M people. Let the Project M fans play P:M and let the Brawl fans play Brawl.

On another note, am I the only one who doesn't think that this looks like Shadow Ball?
If anything it was further differed from Shadow Ball since Brawl.

Djent

Smash Champion
P:M is a great game, but it hasn't convinced all the Melee players nor all the Brawl players. So now we have three big factions instead of two. And if Smash 4 doesn't kill Brawl, we'll have four. #OneUnit is a myth, sadly.

Anywayyy, I really like the new animation, although I never much liked Lucario as a character in Brawl. It'll be interesting to see if they retain the same aura mechanics (more damage at a deficit). That's neat for doubles, but frustrating in singles play. So I hope they rework it to be based on something else.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I hope Smash 4 just obliterates the Smash fanbase's differences and becomes a game that all Melee, Brawl, and Project M fans can enjoy.
Personally I don't see the Project M part happening though.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
At some point, it does become superficial. In fact I'd already say it is superficial, that all dividing lines are arbitrary and manufactured. Take, for example, the person who likes his bran flakes with blueberries, and the other who likes it with strawberries. If they're both of a hot-headed disposition, obviously they would find it in themselves to take this exceedingly trivial thing and create conflict from it. Rather than saying #OneUnit is a myth, I'd say that it is the default state of man, and that all such divisions are dumb, trivial, and silly.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Stop arguing about Project M people. Let the Project M fans play P:M and let the Brawl fans play Brawl.

On another note, am I the only one who doesn't think that this looks like Shadow Ball?
If anything it was further differed from Shadow Ball since Brawl.
Who is arguing?

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
At some point, it does become superficial. In fact I'd already say it is superficial, that all dividing lines are arbitrary and manufactured. Take, for example, the person who likes his bran flakes with blueberries, and the other who likes it with strawberries. If they're both of a hot-headed disposition, obviously they would find it in themselves to take this exceedingly trivial thing and create conflict from it. Rather than saying #OneUnit is a myth, I'd say that it is the default state of man, and that all such divisions are dumb, trivial, and silly.
I wouldn't say that, man has never really stood eye to eye on anything

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im actually liking what they did to Lucario, but honestly if you look at Lucario's aura in Brawl, it did the same thing, just the Smash 4 one is a bit bigger. The "spirit bomb" they had in P:M that most of you think this might have come from, is the exact size of Lucario's biggest aura sphere (last stock 167%, if opponent is still at 3 stocks), all the PMBR did was make it so that you could activate it with the super meter.
---
So... before you guys jump to conclusions saying how they stole this from P:M, look a little into what was in Brawl first lol. :skull:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I wouldn't say that, man has never really stood eye to eye on anything
Man is blank as he is created, his first sense-experience is put through the gamut of mind, soul, and intellect, and qualities of things are apprehended readily with quite a few common things for first qualities we know. If you're not willing to buy a philosophical explanation, Charles Darwin says near the closing of his Theory of Evolution, the band that was the most cooperative, that was the most at peace with eachother, would obviously succeed far greater than the selfish one, the natural state of man would seem peace then, don't you think? It is far within our mutual benefit, the rational creatures that we are. I think such cynicism is unwarranted, regardless of what experience may tell us. The assertion that division is trivial still stands regardless of the previous explanations. Since you are not at peace with what the community and others have done to disregard your game, it is ultimately your fault that you are not at peace with their decisions to favor your chosen game, not theirs for simply choosing the alternatives. That last sentence was pretty redundant, but you make your attitude, not others. I refuse to accept otherwise.

Scarlet Bean

Smash Apprentice
Man is blank as he is created, his first sense-experience is put through the gamut of mind, soul, and intellect, and qualities of things are apprehended readily with quite a few common things for first qualities we know. If you're not willing to buy a philosophical explanation, Charles Darwin says near the closing of his Theory of Evolution, the band that was the most cooperative, that was the most at peace with eachother, would obviously succeed far greater than the selfish one, the natural state of man would seem peace then, don't you think? It is far within our mutual benefit, the rational creatures that we are. I think such cynicism is unwarranted, regardless of what experience may tell us. The assertion that division is trivial still stands regardless of the previous explanations. Since you are not at peace with what the community and others have done to disregard your game, it is ultimately your fault that you are not at peace with their decisions to favor your chosen game, not theirs for simply choosing the alternatives. That last sentence was pretty redundant, but you make your attitude, not others. I refuse to accept otherwise.
Dude ok PM is the best now shut the **** up please

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
awsome. I love how this game looks. Lucario sounds to be a DK Bowser when he has a high percentage

Djent

Smash Champion
...Charles Darwin says near the closing of his Theory of Evolution, the band that was the most cooperative, that was the most at peace with eachother, would obviously succeed far greater than the selfish one, the natural state of man would seem peace then, don't you think?
Wrong, your conclusion does not even validly follow from your premises. If a band survives by cooperation, all that proves is that "natural state of man" within the band is peace. It says nothing of what will happens when one band's interests collide with others - as they frequently do in nature, and sometimes do within this community. That's where the tension that you consider unnatural occurs oh-so-naturally.

Now if you'd like, you can argue that we all ought to band together as Smashers - and I'd agree, if that's possible. But doing so puts us at war with the inherent tribalism of human nature. Tribalism is (probably) favored because it is the locally-optimal solution to cooperation problems. The globally-optimal solution would entail world peace and universal respect, but evolution will not select the global maximum if there are other more readily-available local maxima that confer evolutionary advantages.

...OK, I promise I'm done now.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
What are you talking about, a lot of what you just said didn't need to be said. I am happy with my game so I have no idea where the "Since you are not at peace with what the community and others have done to disregard your game, it is ultimately your fault that you are not at peace with their decisions to favor your chosen game" came from. While you have your way of thinking, history shows that what you said is wrong in ways. I mean Darwin refused to believe or listen to what others said and that's what got him his way of thinking. My community is at peace but is constantly being picked on by melee fans because the game isn't what they want it to be

Next time you reply, keep it short and sweet because having an essay is annoying as hell to read and you really didn't make any point.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The aura sphere really hasn't changed much from Brawl, size wise anyways.

(pic via user FlynnCL)

MLGF

Smash Lord
They look the same in the pictures, but the scale of Lucario to Aura Sphere is far larger. Either Lucario shrunk or the pictures are at different scales.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Oh I've got big balls
I've got big balls
And they're such big balls
Dirty big balls
And he's got big balls

And she's got big balls

But we've got the biggest balls of them all

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Oh I've got big balls
I've got big balls
And they're such big balls
Dirty big balls
And he's got big balls

And she's got big balls

But we've got the biggest balls of them all
He not only has big balls but he wants to grab your balls as well.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
so Lucario is maintaining his comeback based design, huh?
I still find that really silly... but what would I know, I'm just one guy who enjoys PM...

Top Bottom