• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 3rd

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
holy crap! that looks like the spirit bomb from P:M, except this one travels faster as it gets bigger. That's crazy.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
What are you talking about, a lot of what you just said didn't need to be said. I am happy with my game so I have no idea where the "Since you are not at peace with what the community and others have done to disregard your game, it is ultimately your fault that you are not at peace with their decisions to favor your chosen game" came from. While you have your way of thinking, history shows that what you said is wrong in ways. I mean Darwin refused to believe or listen to what others said and that's what got him his way of thinking. My community is at peace but is constantly being picked on by melee fans because the game isn't what they want it to be

Next time you reply, keep it short and sweet because having an essay is annoying as hell to read and you really didn't make any point.

Totally agree, Dariwn's theory in a smash brothers discussion? all of this over a game? Its not that serious..... Everyone have different taste, It doesn't matter if there's 4 different smash games avaliable. The series is still alive because of everyone's different taste, same thing with any competitive game. There's some that may like Street Fighter 3 and others who may like Street Fighter 4, both communities are still alive and the interest in the series is still alive and thats what matter in the end.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
What are you talking about, a lot of what you just said didn't need to be said. I am happy with my game so I have no idea where the "Since you are not at peace with what the community and others have done to disregard your game, it is ultimately your fault that you are not at peace with their decisions to favor your chosen game" came from. While you have your way of thinking, history shows that what you said is wrong in ways. I mean Darwin refused to believe or listen to what others said and that's what got him his way of thinking. My community is at peace but is constantly being picked on by melee fans because the game isn't what they want it to be

Next time you reply, keep it short and sweet because having an essay is annoying as hell to read and you really didn't make any point.

Totally agree, Dariwn's theory in a smash brothers discussion? all of this over a game? Its not that serious..... Everyone have different taste, It doesn't matter if there's 4 different smash games avaliable. The series is still alive because of everyone's different taste, same thing with any competitive game. There's some that may like Street Fighter 3 and others who may like Street Fighter 4, both communities are still alive and the interest in the series is still alive and thats what matter in the end.

King Kazma

Smash Rookie
If his Aura Sphere is really that huge I can see people using it as like an electric barrier to cover all around him, especially with Kirby as well (when he steals his power) since he's smaller. :p

King Kazma

Smash Rookie
If his Aura Sphere is really that huge I can see people using it as like an electric barrier to cover all around him, especially with Kirby as well (when he steals his power) since he's smaller. :p

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
i really liked his move set in PM, i hope its the same
lol, wut? Not gonna happen, I love P:M too but sakurai is definitely working off the brawl moveset, which is near completely different.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

My apologies? I have always had troubles with being succinct. I was under the impression from your earlier posts that you blame the Melee community solely for the division caused among us. Fair enough, though I as a Brawl player have not seen it. . . but my accusations of your self-victimization still stand if it is the case that you do indeed blame the Melee community, and from that I can stand by the idea that you are not at peace, but that you are rather rustled. And I get rather mad that people get mad about small things like these. I know, 'tis silly, but 'tis no double standard or hypocrisy! My intention, you see, is of far graver concern, is it not? Haha. . . ! Yes. . . surely. . . :urg: I'm sorry.
Tell me if this is not true, and tell me your perspective in full that I may judge you fairly, I was hasty to judge, quite hotheaded when I wrote.
But, on history, things that are true are true regardless of what experience may tell one. I very may well be in error, but as of yet I've to see anyone prove to me that humans are inherently evil without simply pointing to examples of evil among men and going "See? Look! Isn't my point apparent?"

Lizalfos

Smash Master
That's the thing though, this is only a place for melee players. Where are the brawl players supposed to go with Project M almost seemingly being the end of Brawl itself. People talk of one unit and sticking together but this doesn't apply to the Brawl players when our game is used as nothing more than a base for a MOD that the melee players created

I would love for that to be the case and yet it won't ever be, Brawl will never have its time in the sun while Melee will STILL be played until they a clone of the game in a version of Smash 5 or 6.
I feel that Brawl could have a better shot if it was exciting to spectate. Brawl is a game of mix-ups, but it isn't fast. WIth so much of the game embedded in the psychological aspect., it will be hard to ever have fun with the game unless you are playing.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
My apologies? I have always had troubles with being succinct. I was under the impression from your earlier posts that you blame the Melee community solely for the division caused among us. Fair enough, though I as a Brawl player have not seen it. . . but my accusations of your self-victimization still stand if it is the case that you do indeed blame the Melee community, and from that I can stand by the idea that you are not at peace, but that you are rather rustled. And I get rather mad that people get mad about small things like these. I know, 'tis silly, but 'tis no double standard or hypocrisy! My intention, you see, is of far graver concern, is it not? Haha. . . ! Yes. . . surely. . . :urg: I'm sorry.
Tell me if this is not true, and tell me your perspective in full that I may judge you fairly, I was hasty to judge, quite hotheaded when I wrote.
But, on history, things that are true are true regardless of what experience may tell one. I very may well be in error, but as of yet I've to see anyone prove to me that humans are inherently evil without simply pointing to examples of evil among men and going "See? Look! Isn't my point apparent?"
Ok, just so you know, not everyone can deal with the way you communicate, you have hidden your message in elaborate sentences typed in a fashion that only really satisfies you. I don't mind it but even if your name is Monk, tone it down man because a lot of people aren't on the level of... understanding that you are.

You say I blame the community, well I do because I am only rustled when I am trying to watch my matches during streams and there are at least 10-20 melee fans coming in trash talking the game. Its evidence that melee will forever split the fan-base because of what it is. Melee was something built from the ground-up by the fans and they hold that near and dear. They built something out of nothing and will refuse very little until they get a similar experience.

I have seen very few melee players expect Brawl for what it is.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I feel that Brawl could have a better shot if it was exciting to spectate. Brawl is a game of mix-ups, but it isn't fast. WIth so much of the game embedded in the psychological aspect., it will be hard to ever have fun with the game unless you are playing.
That's makes good sense man but no one is gonna give Brawl a chance in hell because they don't want to learn. I keep telling Melee fans don't talk if you don't know how to play and one of the fastest matches I have ever seen was and STILL IS a brawl match. I was amazed at how fast the game was

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Lucario's new balls shall not go unappreciated.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I know Salem is, I just don't see them playing in Tournaments, I don't see Ally much

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I know Salem is, I just don't see them playing in Tournaments, I don't see Ally much
K, apparently the sarcasm in my comment didn't register. My point was that Ally being one of the best competitive Brawl players got to top 8 in P:M at Apex. Salem is a pretty good P:M Zelda as well. So your comment about P:M being only for Melee players isn't accurate.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
K, apparently the sarcasm in my comment didn't register. My point was that Ally being one of the best competitive Brawl players got to top 8 in P:M at Apex. Salem is a pretty good P:M Zelda as well. So your comment about P:M being only for Melee players isn't accurate.
That comment wasn't about Project M being only for Melee players, I know this cause I also play it heavily

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
At some point, it does become superficial. In fact I'd already say it is superficial, that all dividing lines are arbitrary and manufactured. Take, for example, the person who likes his bran flakes with blueberries, and the other who likes it with strawberries. If they're both of a hot-headed disposition, obviously they would find it in themselves to take this exceedingly trivial thing and create conflict from it. Rather than saying #OneUnit is a myth, I'd say that it is the default state of man, and that all such divisions are dumb, trivial, and silly.
What's even worse about that example is the fact that both parties are missing out on a delicious combination. :p

But yes, it is quite a trivial matter no matter how you slice it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ok, just so you know, not everyone can deal with the way you communicate, you have hidden your message in elaborate sentences typed in a fashion that only really satisfies you. I don't mind it but even if your name is Monk, tone it down man because a lot of people aren't on the level of... understanding that you are.

You say I blame the community, well I do because I am only rustled when I am trying to watch my matches during streams and there are at least 10-20 melee fans coming in trash talking the game. Its evidence that melee will forever split the fan-base because of what it is. Melee was something built from the ground-up by the fans and they hold that near and dear. They built something out of nothing and will refuse very little until they get a similar experience.

I have seen very few melee players expect Brawl for what it is.
I, too, have witnessed the stream monster hating of Brawl, but I don't think that means the whole community is like that! A few bad eggs etc. etc..
It's sad, yeah, but I know at least on CT's chat that Chibo doesn't tolerate hatin' on Brawl. Heck, I was banned (temporarily) for saying "brawl sux lol Kappa" during a P:M set. I know that GimR is cool with you guys too, so at least you got the stream providers on your sides.
I just want you to know that I, primarily a P:M player, accept Brawl for what it is.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I, too, have witnessed the stream monster hating of Brawl, but I don't think that means the whole community is like that! A few bad eggs etc. etc..
It's sad, yeah, but I know at least on CT's chat that Chibo doesn't tolerate hatin' on Brawl. Heck, I was banned (temporarily) for saying "brawl sux lol Kappa" during a P:M set. I know that GimR is cool with you guys too, so at least you got the stream providers on your sides.
I just want you to know that I, primarily a P:M player, accept Brawl for what it is.
I don't get a chance to watch too many streams but the most recent one I caught was Apex and you KNOW that hate was real. "ugh so slow" "Brawl Sucks" "This is so boring" was a constant threat with no respect from people who probably don't even play competitively.

I am not worried about you accepting Brawl because there are forces outside streams that hate on Brawl. Brawl is gaining more distain with the release of Project M where people just can't seem to play it because Project M is so fast to them. It just seems that in a world of Melee creating Smash for what it has become, Brawl will never have its time. Especially with Smash 4 coming soon and creating an experience designed with Melee's speed and Brawl's campy like playstyle both in mind

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
Oh I've got big balls
I've got big balls
And they're such big balls
Dirty big balls
And he's got big balls

And she's got big balls

But we've got the biggest balls of them all
Im super late I know but the funny thing is I was listening to that song when I saw this. Needless to say I laughed like a maniac/

Top Bottom