• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 18th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Hey look, a bottle!! This is a special item that can even heal fighters who have accumulated over 100% damage."

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I just want to point out that the item probably won't replace Heart Containers, since Sakurai specifically pointed out the "over 100% damage" bit.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The only thing I got from this post is "Bowser's dance taunt is back." Yesssss!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Do bottled fairies get stockholm syndrome? Why would they heal the person who captured them?
At least it doesn't bring you back to the stage upon death...
Lol, inb4 a fishing lukitu item like in Mario Kart.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Do bottled fairies get stockholm syndrome? Why would they heal the person who captured them?

Lol, inb4 a fishing lukitu item like in Mario Kart.
Especially the ones in wind waker, they look so sad when you capture them

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I know he mentioned that this will heal even over 100%, but I still feel like the Heart Container might be gone just because I doubt he'd have two Zelda healing items, and the fairy kinda makes more sense anyway.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm actually sad about their using a fairy as an even stronger healing item when it didn't heal all that much in the game (seven hearts out of a maximum of twenty?).

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Ugh...
The heart does not look like it will leave us.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Finally! Something I like about this game.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
I think the maxim tomato and heart container are staying. In Melee and Brawl maxim tomatoes heal 50% and heart containers heal 100%. The new bottle item heals "over 100% damage" so it sounds like it will heal all damage to 0% like the heart container did in Super Smash Bros 64.

Rizen

Smash Legend
For some reason this thread doesn't display a 'like' button on posts for me. What's the deal?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'm actually sad about their using a fairy as an even stronger healing item when it didn't heal all that much in the game (seven hearts out of a maximum of twenty?).
I know that feeling. It disappointed me enough that the Maxim Tomato never healed a fighter completely. For stuff like items it seems history should override "balance".

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I'd prefer this over the heart container, the fairy just seems right to me. They should make the fairy different colors, or variations of fairies. Have fairies be styled either pink from OoT, or the fairies from wind waker.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
I wonder how the characters are going to heal themselves with it. Will they actually release the fairy and be healed by it or just eat the bottle with the fairy in it?

proxibomb

Smash Clown
When I played with items on I didn't turn on the healing items. Its so annoying how CPUs run away just to get a heart or Maxim Tomato.
Often times, I usually have items off too. But when I'd train with CPUs, especially 2-3 level 8/9s on brawl or melee, they'd sometimes get to the item before me leaving me to have to beat them again, but with a high percentage. Regardless of what item gets in or not, I'm still happy to see some overall changes to items in general, and some additions are nice too. :)

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I'm curious to know if there's an animation when you pick it up. When you'd hit "A" over the item, your character would take the cork off the bottle and the fairy would start spinning around you(you'd be able to move right after you uncork the bottle while the fairy spins around you). It'd be a nice touch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom