• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 7th

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
"He also included a third picture saying: "I you have a hard time getting the coins needed to buy trophies, you could always buy more coins using real money through micro transactions!"

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
I'm buying the game 2 go fast, not to spend coins on trophies that I'll never look at. Try again Nintendo.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
"The two games will have 1500 trophies combined. Of them, 1400 will be from Kid Icarus "

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We now haf the trophy of Doctah Wawhee. :I

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Good gracious people comment a lot more than usual. None of my jokes are being noticed! XD

Anywho, seeing Wily in that position just makes me want to destroy him even more.

Also, the 3DS version alone having more trophies than Brawl? Cheese and rice! :O

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
There was a screenshot for stickers and Lucario's mug was shown or something. I don't know the exact details, but Nintendo leaked him as a playable character
There was a gameplay trailer for Brawl where there were a few seconds of cycling through stickers. One of the highlighted ones showed that it could be used by Lucas, Ness and Lucario (Ness and Lucario hadn't been revealed at this point). It got taken down pretty quickly but not before we'd screencapped it :p

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I can't believe he didn't show the Ridley trophy in this PotD. It would have been master troll.

Andromear

Smash Cadet
The Wily trophy looks great, and a trophy shop is good as long as we don't have to pay real money. So is it possible we will be getting a :mewtwopm: trophy if Mewtwo is not in the game as a playable character

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
"Here's something new--the trophy shop. If you're having a hard time getting certain trophies, why not just buy them? They sometimes go on sale, too."

Kinds of reminds me of Kid Icarus: Uprising. I wonder why...

I think I saw another similarity between Uprising and SSB4 during the Trailer for the 3DS Version, where part of the game uses a similar gimmick as the Intensity Cauldron...

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I actually really like the Trophy shop. It's an excellent application of the coins you get from classic mode instead of playing a repetitive "shooter" to get new ones.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Who is that white monkey man?
Wondering about Andrew from Starfox? If you know Andross, he's Andross' nephew, and used to be a part of the Starwolf Team in Starfox 64. He's that real skinny guy on the shop screen in the second picture.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This is kinda cool actually.
I'm still struggling to get all the stickers in Brawl.
I don't really care about trophies, but when I do, I'll be glad I wont have to grind away at Trophy shooter this time.

That Dr.Wily pic cracked me up.
Hope we get to see a Roll, Protoman, and Bass trophy as well! :D

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
being able to buy the trophies is gonna kill the time of collecting. Dunno if that is a good or a bad thing... Anyways, I hope there's a different collection available every day and not just all the trophies every day.
Donk't forget you don't have to buy them, it's just for the ones you have a really hard time getting

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm buying the game 2 go fast, not to spend coins on trophies that I'll never look at. Try again Nintendo.
Well of course you will never look at them because you'll be going too fast.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
This is pretty awesome. I sucked at the coin launcher in brawl, and now it seems like you can buy trophies you don't have instead. This way I can slowly accumulate all of the trophies.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Someday I'll go back and beat Boss Battles Intense and get the rest of the trophy stand bosses (why is Armank so hard to get anyway?) It's nice to know the rest won't just get the blind-bag treatment, though I really liked Melee's lottery system.

Speaking of minigames, I really hope they nail Homerun Contest this time. Maybe I'm just not a fan of Brawl bat-drops (dropping the bat during your attack instead of before, or something like that)...

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Finally a use for coins. This makes collecting trophies much easier.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So the Lottery thing from Melee is.......sort of back?

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
Seriously Sakurai ur slackin'! WE WANT CHARACTERS! BOOOOOO! ALL THESE UPDATES SUCK!!!!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Whoops, someone posted what I said already and I can't figure out how to delete my post... so QUICK! Think of something to say....!

Dr. Wiley is deconfirmed...? Not that anyone thought he'd make it in, but I'd really like more representation from the baddies in Smash Bros. I know half the Smash world hates the idea of Ridley... but Ridley, Mewtwo, Ghirahim, even Doctor Robotnik (Eggman for you youngsters) would be a cool addition.

I say if Sakurai can make Mr. Game & Watch and Wii Fit Trainer into workable fighters in Smash Bros, then there is NOTHING he can't do! Ridley would be simple for him to incorporate despite his oversized stature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom