• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 4th

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Oh swell, Sakurai is putting things in Smash 4 he doesn't even know the name of, but refuses to put Mewtwo in Smash. Coincidence? I think not.
He never refused to put in mewtwo? he said he was thinking about it and he just hasnt been confirmed yet! alot of people he will be one of the last ones to be confirmed

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Do you guys really think he doesn't know who he is? Of course he does. xD

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Well, at least he's IN this game.

And seriously, people? There's Takamaru, Alice, & Dillon, and there's this guy? Some fans really want a nameless heroic mime with a sword from a game many people have never even heard of, let alone played? Non, this I say is scraping at the bottom of the barrel/can out of desperation.

Besides, we already have a nameless, silent swordsman AND a prince.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I have absolutely no idea who this is, but he looks like he could have had an awesomely original moveset, what with all the transformations into frogs and snakes. But, at least he's an assist trophy.

Also, my condolences to BluePikmin11.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My biggest consolences to @BluePikmin11. (-i_i-)

At least Prince Sable got a noteworthy apperance ala Assist like many other noteworthy characters. That's about as big feat as Takamaru and he had NOTHING since Richard's cameo in Link's Awakening and SSBB's sticker. Here's hoping for a songs from the series and ongrowing support from now on!

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
It's kind of ridiculous that my first thought upon seeing this guy was "awe, poor bluepikmin, half of the unusual character choices he defended adamantly are gone." Guess I wasn't the only one.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, I'm willing to bet that Sakurai at LEAST knows what the fans want.
Because this is gettin' bonkers.

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
back in a year or two ago, I was going to experiment a little project with a friend of mine from the Clickteam forums, but I was banned for reasons unknown so I am no longer able to reach him again.

HappyTreeFrog made this interesting but poorly designed frog game in which you can control a little green frog in a similar style to the Frogger games but in 2d side scrolling action, I tried his game once and I like the idea so I talk to my friend about it but however, he says that he is not a very good artist which is true and he is not a good programmer with the multimedia fusion so he cannot help me with the game I come up with.

in regards to this pic of the day, I cannot believe that Nintendo finally bring back whom the frog bell tolls for the first time to appear in a game in the states! I thought Nintendo might have forgotten the game but it's great to see Japan's favorite Nintendo frog prince back!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Oh swell, Sakurai is putting things in Smash 4 he doesn't even know the name of, but refuses to put Mewtwo in Smash. Coincidence? I think not.
Mewtwo Pokeball Confirmed, also who actually cares
Another deconfirmation? First Takamaru and now... that person.
Can you call it a deconfirmation if no-one really cares?

Also does anyone know if he has an actual name or is it just Prince Sable?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
back in a year or two ago, I was going to experiment a little project with a friend of mine from the Clickteam forums, but I was banned for reasons unknown so I am no longer able to reach him again.

HappyTreeFrog made this interesting but poorly designed frog game in which you can control a little green frog in a similar style to the Frogger games but in 2d side scrolling action, I tried his game once and I like the idea so I talk to my friend about it but however, he says that he is not a very good artist which is true and he is not a good programmer with the multimedia fusion so he cannot help me with the game I come up with.
Byoutiful.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The Prince of Sable was one of those characters that I thought would make a really fun playable character but I didn't think he would get as much as an actual trophy in this game.

I think it's pretty awesome he made it in as an assist!

Also, has anyone tagged @BluePikmin11 yet? I bet no one has. :troll:

Neaphous

Smash Rookie
Bop Louie deconfirmed, how could you Sakurai, I will have your head.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
For shame because it would have been nice to see another RETRO character be thrown into the mix with all these new folk in Smash.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm so sorry @BluePikmin11 .

These weekly smash funerals have been rough.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i don't understand why this character has to be in smash... we don't even know his name. He looks dumb anyways. Hopefully a 3DS only

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
"And another one gone, and another one gone"
"Another one bites the dust"
"Hey, I'm gonna get you, too"
"Another one bites the dust"

Man the deconfirming as of late >_>

Still though, my condolences everyone who supported him :c

Deviddo

Smash Journeyman
Characters like Takamaru and Prince Sable's Protagonist getting in as assists doesn't mean Sakurai is "trolling" guys.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
For some reason I'm getting the idea that more new AT gives Isaac a better chance of becoming a playable character! Please Sakurai!

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
i don't understand why this character has to be in smash... we don't even know his name. He looks dumb anyways. Hopefully a 3DS only
He's one of the most supported retro characters behind Lip and Takamaru. He's also from one of the best games ever and probably the best exclusive Japan game. He also fit the bill for a Smash Fighter pretty well. He's not stupid, either.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
well this sucks... why even bother putting him in the game? Really, it's like they just added a random character that was not really necessary
Cus he's an AT, and they want to represent a large span of games. Not just the common ones everyone knows about.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Looked it up a little more. The miiverse site posted the picture on the tomodachi collection so I guess it isn't a new stage. Bummer -_-
The Miiverse site is fan made, so that doesn't mean anything. However, it likely is Tomodachi Life, cus it just looks like it.

el_profe

Smash Cadet
I personally like that Samurai et al. are plumbing the depths of Nintendo history. Great pic of the day!

Also: long time lurker, first time poster.

Top Bottom