• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 4th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan."

He included a second picture saying "Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud."

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Awww...poor Prince Sable. Yet another character gets shot down.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
OOOOOH.

So this is that NPC in that house of frogs in Link's Awakening.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Oh swell, Sakurai is putting things in Smash 4 he doesn't even know the name of, but refuses to put Mewtwo in Smash. Coincidence? I think not.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Prince Sable is pointing to the 3DS label.

Prince Sable? More like Prince Snakle! He'll get you feeling froggy.

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
are you kidding me!!!! what the flying fudge!!!! out of all the video games characters to tease us with- why!? why in the fudge would you ever troll this hard!!! i loved this game, played it and beat it, great characters in "for the frog the bell tolls"..... im so pssed right now.... i could punch a loli in the face and not be satisfied.... damn you sakurai.... damn you...

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
So apparently from what I've read about this character, the reason Sakurai doesn't know the prince's name is because he doesn't have a definitive name in his original game, interesting.

Last edited:

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
So apparently from what I've read about this character, the reason Sakurai doesn't know the prince's name is because he doesn't have a definitive name in his original game, interesting.
No, mashpotato samurai is just forgetful.

:upsidedown:

(also ive just discovered the GIANT list of emoticons you can put in your post and my face is frozen in a shocked expression:surprised:)

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
Assuming he is an assist trophey, I'm glad that we are starting to see more assist tropheys that represent non-playable franchises. For a while there we had a lot of assists that were just secondary characters from the main franchises, I would be really happy if most of the characters that are chosen not to playable still show up as assists.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well, time to pretend that I'm dissapointed about a character I just knew about and who had little to no chance at being playable.

Oh swell, Sakurai is putting things in Smash 4 he doesn't even know the name of, but refuses to put Mewtwo in Smash. Coincidence? I think not.
You are right, that is exactly how it works. Nameless Assist Trophy Prince is somehow taking Mewtwo's place; and I'm sure we know that because Sakurai called and outright told you that he is refusing to add Mewtwo, right?

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
well this sucks... why even bother putting him in the game? Really, it's like they just added a random character that was not really necessary

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Well, time to pretend that I'm dissapointed about a character I just knew about and who had little to no chance at being playable.

You are right, that is exactly how it works. Nameless Assist Trophy Prince is somehow taking Mewtwo's place; and I'm sure we know that because Sakurai called and outright told you that he is refusing to add Mewtwo, right?
But of course, Sakurai went to my house to specifically tell me that Mewtwo isn't going to have a chance in Smash 4. Dude, it's just a joke.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Glad that Sakurai is going through with what he says he'll do. I'm thankful he's at least an AT, like Sakurai said he would do for a lot of characters in Sm4sh.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Aww I knew nothing about this character but vaguely heard of possibility of him existing in this game from I dunno where and thought he looked cool.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I'm not sure if that's an assist trophy or a stage hazard or something. If I might redirect your attention though, look at the background of the first image. I don't believe we've seen that background yet. I could be wrong but it might just be a new stage.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm not sure if that's an assist trophy or a stage hazard or something. If I might redirect your attention though, look at the background of the first image. I don't believe we've seen that background yet. I could be wrong but it might just be a new stage.
Looks like it's just the Tomodachi Life stage to me.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Maybe his game will come to VC if he gains enough popularity through
smash4.

The first time I ever heard of this character was in the (clearly now debunked) Smash Bros. Universe rumor from long ago, which claimed that Prince Sablé would be playable. That's also how I learned of Shulk, a character I've since wanted to be playable.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
that's two mondays in a row were sakurai has killed a dream.I scared for the thrid monday

knuckles213

Smash Ace
don't tell me this is going to be popular franchise like how we we're introduced to marth and roy in melee and everyone starts trying to figure out who and what game this character came from.

Top Bottom