• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 21st

infomon

Smash Scientist
I now officially dislike this game and Sakurai for doing this. There was so much potential for this character and I feel like Sakurai needs to step down from Nintendo and Smash and let someone who actually knows what they're doing take his place.
I'm sorry that you're so sad about this character, but your comment is ridiculous.

Sakurai directed every smash bros. Without Sakurai there is no smash bros. He defined the series. He knows what he's doing, or we wouldn't be here at all. This wouldn't exist.

Have you ever made a game?

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
No Ghirahim... no like this.
Hurts more when I think about Mii FIghters.

And I don't get this thing with "Ghirahim don't deserve" or "Ghirahim is just in one game", because Greninja. And please don't say "But Greninja is in Pokemon X AND Pokemon Y".
The unique villain that I liked in the entire Zelda franchise is out.
At least we not receive a "Maybe I will get my chance another day" in a Impa cutscene.
Ghirahim probably won't ever come back
Greninja will be in every future Pokemon game

Last edited:

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Sorry to all the Ghirahim supporters out there... Although I personally haven't played SS, Ghirahim would've made an interesting addidtion (albeit rather creepy for my tastes-that tongue >.<) On the bright side, the G-man is still in Smash as an AT, which is the same recognition that Midna got. He can do his weird tongue stuff to attack people :p

Luigifan578

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1650-2770-2508
OK i seriously thought he was going to join! (given the fact of the trophies in the direct) But I do think that Sakurai made the better choice of makeing him an Assist Trophie. Bitter sweet i guess :ohwell:

PS. this is what he will do in battle :lick:

S. Knight

Smash Rookie
Sort of does if the character limit per franchise will be five. And by the looks of things I doubt we'll get a sixth Mario character and Jigglypuff and Ganondorf are bound to return, making Nintendo's biggest money making franchises have more reps than any other in Smash. That is why Toon Link's inclusion annoys me yet again because he's a clone and has wasted a spot where a unique character could've taken, like Ghirahim. Come to think of it, Link has a had an exact clone of him for three games now. At least Falco and Ganondorf aren't the exact same person as Fox and Captain Falcon.

But I may be wrong, and there may not be a limit of characters per franchise. I really hope this is the case in the end.
Technically no two links from any two Legend of Zelda games are "the exact same person".

With respect to most of the continuity, the more recent Links have the older Links as their ancestors- and their similarity is due to sharing similar genetics, some element of reincarnation, and intentional game design choice (obviously).

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I now officially dislike this game and Sakurai for doing this. There was so much potential for this character and I feel like Sakurai needs to step down from Nintendo and Smash and let someone who actually knows what they're doing take his place. He butchered Brawl and he's butchered Smash 4! The very name of the game betrays a lack of competence when it comes to the gaming industry. If he had any clue he'd know that many of the ex-fans of the game like me wanted this character.
You know, even without certain characters that would make this game better, this game is still going to come out pretty decently. If you let character choice be your only judgement for this game, then you're going to miss out on a lot of potential fun if the game turns out great.

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
Here's hoping for Impa being a Zelda newcomer since Ghirahim is an Assist Trophy. I don't see it being out of the question; the other two of Nintendo's biggest franchises are getting newcomers. Mario Bros franchise got Rosalina & Luma, Pokemon franchise got Greninja (I really, REALLY hope they bring Mewtwo for Pokemon back too, it'd be nice to have them all back actually, but it's a long shot), so a newcomer for Zelda would just make sense. Impa seems like the most logical, especially with her inclusion in Hyrule Warriors (she looks like a bad ass in that game), and she's a big part of Skyward Sword's story (not to mention she's been in plenty of other Zelda games in some form).

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
For everyone who wanted Ghirahim over Ganondorf:
So much this.

Seriously, I love seeing wanted characters deconfirmed, and I happily pour myself a tall, refreshing glass of salty tears to drink as I read the comments on said deconfirmation.

FEED ME WITH YOUR SADNESS, GIGGLEHAM FANS!

Last edited:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
So much this.

Seriously, I love seeing wanted characters deconfirmed, and I happily pour myself a tall, refreshing glass of salty tears to drink as I read the comments on said deconfirmation.
And you still think you're human

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
And you still think you're human
I wish I could agree, but I guess this shows I'm a very mean human, at best.

For real, though, I think the reason I'm so amused is that I don't have any characters I'm hoping to have included. Therefore, I have nothing to lose and am free to laugh at those who do. Also I just want to get my hands on the game already, I'm not too concerned about this or that character being included/excluded, since I know I'll be satisfied with the roster (more or less) no matter who's in it (or not, giggleham tee hee). Plus fanboys annoy me on principle alone, so the opportunity to knock them down a peg is one that I can never seem to pass up.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Looks like the only Zelda reps will be Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. Not only am I heartbroken, I'm pissed off. Ghirahim was the only character I wanted playable, and he had the biggest chance as a Zelda rep. I blame Toon Link's existence. I hate him even more now. Why keep a clone of Link over Ghirahim, Sakurai? What the hell? #thebutthurtisreal

Hyrule Warriors.
One shot to the LoZ series. Hey rule Warriors is a spinoff. I don't see Mario Party getting characters into smash.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could agree, but I guess this shows I'm a very mean human, at best.

For real, though, I think the reason I'm so amused is that I don't have any characters I'm hoping to have included. Therefore, I have nothing to lose and am free to laugh at those who do. Also I just want to get my hands on the game already, I'm not too concerned about this or that character being included/excluded, since I know I'll be satisfied with the roster (more or less) no matter who's in it (or not, giggleham tee hee). Plus fanboys annoy me on principle alone, so the opportunity to knock them down a peg is one that I can never seem to pass up.
That's good for you, but you're missing the fun. Fanboys are not actually dying for a character or ****(well some are, but not the ones i know :) ), but Smash is going to be released on a scheduled date, until then, days pass with character predictions, hating or loving Sakurai, commenting about new ****ty daily picture and stuff. That's why people are here, not because they won't be satisfied with anything but their character, but because it's fun. I get where you're coming from, but stop the drama, start the fandom.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
'Get out'? Nah.
Again, he's a one-shot villain to the LoZ series. Fact. Hyrule Warriors isn't canon.
So what if it wasn't? He was still in two games, and he has a significant role in both of them.
How many games has Waluigi been in?

You get out.
Lol, who do you think is a better character? Ghirahim or Waluigi?

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
So what if it wasn't? He was still in two games, and he has a significant role in both of them.
Even if it was canon, it was too late to help him anyway. He was from one if LoZ's least popular games, and was in sort of the same position as Vaati. He didn't really have any chance.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So much this.

FEED ME WITH YOUR SADNESS, GIGGLEHAM FANS!
Ew, drinking tears? Isn't that, like... unsanitary?

Anyway, you can have mine if Mewtwo's deconfirmed. I won't be needing them anymore.

S. Knight

Smash Rookie
If Impa gets in over this guy........I swear to god........

Pig Ganon or bust.
Pig Ganon is my #1 choice for a newcomer, but that Hyrule Warriors Ganon looks POWERFUL. I wonder if Sakurai got a hold of the Hyrule Warriors concept art a while back- hopefully he did and that's what Ganondorf will look like if not Ganon (Pig). I think the chances of one of these two options coming to fruition is super high because of a few things:

1. Ganon(dorf) has not been confirmed yet and the game is almost out. When he confirmed Yoshi relatively late- it was to highlight his anatomical changes. I feel if a veteran is changed drastically he will likely be revealed extremely late.

2. Ganon(dorf) is the main villian of one of Nintendo's best franchises. He is also one of Sakurai's favorite characters to play as in Brawl. If anyone is gonna get a ton of love I'd say it's him.

3. It looks like Sakurai probably nerfed Meta Knight (by his standards and those of the balance team). If he's willing to cut down number one I could see him willing to give last place (Ganondorf-Brawl) a boost. What better way than to start from scratch with a new moveset?

Also Ganon is a clone!! Which is bull**** imo.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I know you're sad, but I don't see how you think Toon Link being in the game somehow affected Ghirahim's or any other Zelda rep's chances of being playable.
It's annoying that Toon Link (or Lucina [Sakurai said she fights like Marth, so until I see otherwise, she's Marth in a skirt], or Dr. Mario, or Falco, etc) get playable slots with near identical movesets over and over, while characters with real true potential for original movesets like Midna (or Ghirahim, or Kyrstal, etc) are shoved aside into the AT category (or worse, actual trophies.)

I've always had a distaste for clones, even Luigi back in Smash 64. But they changed Luigi enough in Melee that he wasn't a green Mario anymore. Luigi (and Wolf) are clones done right; similar enough to the original that they hold true to the source, while differing enough to be their own character. N64 Luigi can't say that, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Melee Ganondorf can't say that. It's okay for them to be a clone for a one-time appearance, as long as they leave or evolve after that. But Toon Link has not changed since Melee (Young Link = Toon Link, deal with it) and that annoys the hell out of me. Evolve them to not be just a copy/paste palette swap of the original with one or two stats tweaks.

If they weren't such direct clones, there wouldn't be a problem with their inclusion.

Just my little rant on the subject.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
(Actually she did... Being the only character in one of nintendos best selling games of all time)
Also, why are we having this argument? He's disconfirmed so it doesn't even matter.
I was thinking about saying the same lol. But Wii Fit trainer isn't even from a game dude.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm done...
This is not something I often do, but here is my GIF reaction:

View attachment 22429

Well, I am quite sad, I must say. Ghirahim has always been my most wanted character. I supported him long before I even joined this forum. It's crazy to think he's finally done.

That said, I'm not too terribly distraught. I had a gut feeling it was going to happen, and at the very least, he is in Hyrule Warriors, and he looks very fun at that.

Cheers! :urg:
We know Kenith shhh. We know.

Top Bottom