• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 21st

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Even if Shiek is Zelda, she only takes her Shiek form in one game in the Zelda series, soon to be twice.

The ICs representing the NES games still doesn't change the fact that they only appeared in one game before Melee.

Again, why does that matter? They've only been in one game, just like Girahim.
Ocarina of Time was the main Zelda influence for the first SSB and Melee, not to mention is pretty much the most sold game of the series and many regarded it as "the best game in history" so for the time Melee was in development, it's not that surprising Sheik made it. This time however, things are more balanced in Zelda influence; Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks.

The Ice Climbers starred in their sole game, Ghirahim instead, only had relevance in one game and a spin off from a series that has spawned 17 main games and 5 spin offs, making him have little relevance to the general franchise.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
Wow assist trophy's have been de-confirming zelda reps like crazy 1st Skull Kid, then Minda, then Tingle and now Ghirahim im beginning to think were not gonna get a new zelda character this time around

Tho I knew this would happen as soon as Robin and Lucina got announced Think about it with Fire Emblem alone thats 4 sword characters 6 with link and Toon Link 8 with Meta Knight and Pit and we all know Shulk is going to be playable so thats 9 if we got Ghirahim we would have 10 sword characters and thats wayyyy to many (11 if u count mii sword fighter)

So basiclly this makes the only candidates

Groose (Lol very very slim chance but would be a pretty funny character with a cool moveset)

Demise (Nope. boring one time villian with a cheesy boss fight plus Ganondorf automatically takes his spot)

Toon Zelda/Tetra ( Clones clones and more clones that will make 2 clones in the Zelda series its like having Pichu back and having Raichu as a newcomer... Yeah no. dumb request)

Pig Ganon (Its like giving Giga Bowser a slot on the roster yeah no maybe as a final smash but this request is just silly we got 2 Links we really dont need 2 Ganons.)

Impa ( Would be a really cool character she appears in majority of the zelda games and could have a cool moveset. But Sheik being her own character really hurts impa's chances she still has a chance but idk doesnt seem likely)

Vaati (By far one of my most wanted characters. Has a chance but not a big one i would say about as much as Impa right now would have a very cool moveset with Darkness and wind powers plus his form changes but really hasn't been that popular recently still hoping for him tho)

Or just no newcomers at all which is the most likely to happen sadly enough but theres still a chance for Impa, Vaati, and maybe even Groose lol

Oh and of course Ganondorf is going to make it back dont know why people think he isnt thats just silly he will be revealed after the game comes out just like when brawl came out March 8th 2008 he was revealed March 18th 2008 so just be patient people

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
I could definitely see Impa as a skin for Sheik...

I'm still very upset Ghirahim is an AT. I'm hoping Sakurai is just trolling us...

Moose of the Law

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2019-9745-0500
Ocarina of Time was the main Zelda influence for the first SSB and Melee, not to mention is pretty much the most sold game of the series and many regarded it as "the best game in history" so for the time Melee was in development, it's not that surprising Sheik made it. This time however, things are more balanced in Zelda influence; Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Spirit Tracks.

The Ice Climbers starred in their sole game, Ghirahim instead, only had relevance in one game and a spin off from a series that has spawned 17 main games and 5 spin offs, making him have little relevance to the general franchise.
Why are you acting as if Girahim was an unimportant character in Skyward Sword? He was the one who summoned Demise and was the main villain until then. Besides, why does it matter how relevant or important he was. People enjoyed him as a villain enough to want him in Smash. Why can't you let them have that?

dacheeko

Smash Rookie
SAKURAI just killed the hopes of many.......

NOW CAPTIN FALCON CLONE CONFIRMED
:ganondorf:

andimidna

Smash Master
(Huh... looks like I didn't post here)
Ugh, my most wanted character left...
Looks like there won't even be a Zelda Newcomer, and from the leak, it looks like there won't even be 1 as DLC. This sucks. This was the series I wanted to get an overhaul in representation, despite liking most of it in Brawl. But instead it looks like Pokemon is the only series getting that... again.
When Sakurai starts adding characters like Midna and Ghirahim as assist trophies... it almost makes me want to play with items on lol

Personally, I would have made the roster

Link (SS)
Zelda (SS)
Ganon (Classic Pig w/ trident)
Impa (with a Sheik alt, so she isn't really cut)
Ghirahim
Midna

and hell, I had been rooting for Skull Kid too before he was deconfirmed, and even Vaati too! When is Sakurai going to realize how many popular, unique, amazing Zelda characters are perfect for Smash bros?! And I didn't even mention Tetra, Twinrova, Groose, or a Hyrule Warriors character!

I never got over this during Brawl-time, so I'm going to assume that I'm going to be pissed about this for another 7 years.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Looks like there won't even be a Zelda Newcomer, and from the leak, it looks like there won't even be 1 as DLC. This sucks. This was the series I wanted to get an overhaul in representation, despite liking most of it in Brawl. But instead it looks like Pokemon is the only series getting that... again.
When Sakurai starts adding characters like Midna and Ghirahim as assist trophies... it almost makes me want to play with items on lol

Link (SS)
Zelda (SS)
Ghirahim
Midna

and hell, I had been rooting for Skull Kid too before he was deconfirmed, and even Vaati too! When is Sakurai going to realize how many popular, unique, amazing Zelda characters are perfect for Smash bros?! And I didn't even mention Tetra, Twinrova, Groose, or a Hyrule Warriors character!

I never got over this during Brawl-time, so I'm going to assume that I'm going to be pissed about this for another 7 years.
Twinrova is a Stage Boss though. As people have said earlier in this thread, as long as the Triforce holders are present, that's all that's needed to sufficiently represent the Zelda franchise in terms of playable characters. Be grateful that so many of your favorite LoZ characters are even allowed in as ATs, many characters from other franchises are not even that lucky.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

Link (SS)
Zelda (SS)
Ghirahim
Midna

I'm probably gonna sound like a jerk by saying this even though that is not my intention, but just because your favorite character has a cult following doesn't mean that they have to be absolute must-have choices for playable fighters in Smash.
Everyone has a character they want to see in but we gotta stay realistic as well. We can't get all furious and dramatic every time an Assist trophy gets shown, especially for characters who within their own series are one-shots, not that there is anything wrong with that. I was surprised to see people upset about Ashley or Skull Kid becoming assists instead (as for the people showing dismay at Tingle being one I just dismiss that as silly); they aren't forgettable where they come from but they aren't as prominent either. As long as the core characters of the Zelda series remain in Smash, there is no obligation for the devs to comply about adding another one.

As a side note, on Sheik's defense, she is literally Zelda in disguise so she has that working for her advantage despite appearing in only one game (two with HW). She was planned to appear in Twilight Princess as well.

PD: INB4 someone says that Zelda is "underrepped", we got tons of content from that series by now.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wanting to replace the recurring wielder of the Triforce of Power with a most likely one-off character is offensive.
Yeah, but did you REALLY think that the main villain of Legend of Zelda would be replaced by him?
Who said they can't co-exist? And the that's offensive part was for possibly offending the LBGT community

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Got a good feeling a character is going to be announced on friday (aka today)
I hope so too, but my gut tells me Sakurai is going to tiptoe around character reveals as much as possible for the next little while, since he probably doesn't want to show anything that might lead people to believe that the recent leak is either proven or disproven. Keep the suspense going, you know?

On the other hand, this week he has revealed a fair amount of content (2 villain ATs and an alternate costume), relatively speaking of course. So who knows what today's PotD could bring? I've been waiting up all night for him to post, but nothing yet. I wanna go to bed Sakurai! :'(

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I hope so too, but my gut tells me Sakurai is going to tiptoe around character reveals as much as possible for the next little while, since he probably doesn't want to show anything that might lead people to believe that the recent leak is either proven or disproven. Keep the suspense going, you know?

On the other hand, this week he has revealed a fair amount of content (2 villain ATs and an alternate costume), relatively speaking of course. So who knows what today's PotD could bring? I've been waiting up all night for him to post, but nothing yet. I wanna go to bed Sakurai! :'(
Same! It's 5AM where I am and I'm just dying to know what the new pic is! But I gotta admit, we've been spoiled this week in pictures.

Last edited:

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
Wow assist trophy's have been de-confirming zelda reps like crazy 1st Skull Kid, then Minda, then Tingle and now Ghirahim im beginning to think were not gonna get a new zelda character this time around

Tho I knew this would happen as soon as Robin and Lucina got announced Think about it with Fire Emblem alone thats 4 sword characters 6 with link and Toon Link 8 with Meta Knight and Pit and we all know Shulk is going to be playable so thats 9 if we got Ghirahim we would have 10 sword characters and thats wayyyy to many (11 if u count mii sword fighter)

So basiclly this makes the only candidates

Groose (Lol very very slim chance but would be a pretty funny character with a cool moveset)

Demise (Nope. boring one time villian with a cheesy boss fight plus Ganondorf automatically takes his spot)

Toon Zelda/Tetra ( Clones clones and more clones that will make 2 clones in the Zelda series its like having Pichu back and having Raichu as a newcomer... Yeah no. dumb request)

Pig Ganon (Its like giving Giga Bowser a slot on the roster yeah no maybe as a final smash but this request is just silly we got 2 Links we really dont need 2 Ganons.)

Impa ( Would be a really cool character she appears in majority of the zelda games and could have a cool moveset. But Sheik being her own character really hurts impa's chances she still has a chance but idk doesnt seem likely)

Vaati (By far one of my most wanted characters. Has a chance but not a big one i would say about as much as Impa right now would have a very cool moveset with Darkness and wind powers plus his form changes but really hasn't been that popular recently still hoping for him tho)

Or just no newcomers at all which is the most likely to happen sadly enough but theres still a chance for Impa, Vaati, and maybe even Groose lol

Oh and of course Ganondorf is going to make it back dont know why people think he isnt thats just silly he will be revealed after the game comes out just like when brawl came out March 8th 2008 he was revealed March 18th 2008 so just be patient people
Dude, Tetra most likely wouldn't be a clone. Here's some special moves I just thought of.

B:Deku leaf. (Sends a blast of wind out when used on the ground and slows your descent in the air.)

Side b: Barrel Catapult. (Launches herself forwards with the catapult. Can be angled very slightly.)

Up B: Hookshot. (Pretty self explanatory.)

Down B:Skull Hammer. (With this strong attack, Tetra pulls the hammer backward and then slams it forward)

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Dude, Tetra most likely wouldn't be a clone. Here's some special moves I just thought of.

B:Deku leaf. (Sends a blast of wind out when used on the ground and slows your descent in the air.)

Side b: Barrel Catapult. (Launches herself forwards with the catapult. Can be angled very slightly.)

Up B: Hookshot. (Pretty self explanatory.)

Down B:Skull Hammer. (With this strong attack, Tetra pulls the hammer backward and then slams it forward)
Those would be cool, but why not give that moveset to Toon Link in order to further distinguish his character from Link? I don't remember Tetra ever using any of those items (I mean, she did shoot Link out of the cannon that one time). I think it would be funny if Tetra worked almost like an Olimar clone, but instead of Pikmin she tosses the members of her pirate crew around.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
You don't understand obvi

Girahim is the embodiment of the gay competitive smashers.

If you were to walk up to a gay smasher and be like "who do you main". He would be like "***** I main Girahim. like obviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

now we will still just have peach which is ok. But we will for ****ing ever miss Girahim. ughhhhhh

/me faints.
... You're not making any sense whatsoever. He's just a character.
In any case, why are you sounding like a complete asshole about the competitors?

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

Those would be cool, but why not give that moveset to Toon Link in order to further distinguish his character from Link? I don't remember Tetra ever using any of those items (I mean, she did shoot Link out of the cannon that one time). I think it would be funny if Tetra worked almost like an Olimar clone, but instead of Pikmin she tosses the members of her pirate crew around.
Oh god that would be the most hilarious moment ever in Smash Bros history, Tetra tossing her own pirate members around like Olimar does with his Pikimin, now I want Tetra playable.

On a side note, Tetra literarily has no chance to get in with Ganondorf looming around the dark corners, her chances to get in were during Brawl's development but Sakurai made the right move making her not playable, since he would have to make Toon Zelda a direct clone to regular Zelda and god knows we don't need anymore clones (unless he wanted to make the Toon Zelda series be a separate franchise from that of the actual Zelda series (like how Donkey Kong, Yoshi & Wario's franchises were part of the Mario series when they 1st started out, but ended up with their own franchise reps instead).

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
... You're not making any sense whatsoever. He's just a character.
In any case, why are you sounding like a complete ******* about the competitors?
Now your not making any ****ing sense. How am I sounding like a complete ****** about the competitors? Like wtf. Front page is filled with stupid people.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
How can you say that? he's the only one that can make smash what it is. If it wasn't for him it wouldn't exist. He made a smart decision not putting him in, ghirahim will be irrelevant pretty soon, being replaced by another one-time villain
No, if the PMBR was put in charge of Smash 4 then it would be the best iteration yet!
Just because Girahim is not in the game it sucks?! Watch this video please.
No, it's not just because Ghirahim is not in the game. It's the stack of things that Sakurai is doing to Smash 4: The fact that he's even crossing the game with Brawl, which anyone will admit was campy and unbalenced, shows that he's not listening to fans but instead himself. He doesn't want to admit that Brawl had a lot of failures directly because of him. Ghirahim was and IS a fan favorite character for the game. He has a full moveset that can practically can be pulled straight from Skyward Sword! Ghirahim was going to be my main, so I apologize if I have to vent a little bit.

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I'm disturbed or interested in pirate throwing...

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
No, if the PMBR was put in charge of Smash 4 then it would be the best iteration yet!

No, it's not just because Ghirahim is not in the game. It's the stack of things that Sakurai is doing to Smash 4: The fact that he's even crossing the game with Brawl, which anyone will admit was campy and unbalenced, shows that he's not listening to fans but instead himself. He doesn't want to admit that Brawl had a lot of failures directly because of him. Ghirahim was and IS a fan favorite character for the game. He has a full moveset that can practically can be pulled straight from Skyward Sword! Ghirahim was going to be my main, so I apologize if I have to vent a little bit.
hey here is a tip don't pick your main until all characters have been showed off. so it's your fault not his that you are or where over hyped

Last edited:

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Haha awesome gif! Too bad Ghirahim is not in there for all his fans.

Just hope Isaac is in there, he has been in 3 games already, 2 playable.

We fans gotta stick together!
Why thank you! Well, I'm getting Hyrule Warriors as well, so although I'd prefer him to be in SSB4, at least I can play as him in something...

I guess Isaac would be pretty cool... Though he never stood out to me as a character I wanted too badly. But I'm definately not against him.

...Wait, actually is he third party? If he is then I'll have to be against him, sorry... But we can still be friends, right?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Why thank you! Well, I'm getting Hyrule Warriors as well, so although I'd prefer him to be in SSB4, at least I can play as him in something...

I guess Isaac would be pretty cool... Though he never stood out to me as a character I wanted too badly. But I'm definately not against him.

...Wait, actually is he third party? If he is then I'll have to be against him, sorry... But we can still be friends, right?
Nah don't worry, Isaac is 1st party alright. His rights as well as his series is owned by Nintendo. They published his game and it was developed by Camelot a 2nd party which also makes the tons of Mario Tennis and Mario Golf games. I don't have a problem befriending people with conflicting opinions anyway but in this case its a no issue :)

Getting Hyrule Warriors myself so I can still try Ghirahim there. And he is an AT here.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
hey here is a tip don't pick your main until all characters have been showed off. so it's your fault not his that you are or where over hyped
I didn't say he was my main, but I said that he was going to be. I felt like he was a shoe-in for Smash, the fact that Sakurai didn't see what was obvious angered me.

I do see your point though and hold no animosity towards you.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Now your not making any ****ing sense. How am I sounding like a complete ****er about the competitors? Like wtf. Front page is filled with stupid people.
:glare: I'm not making any sense?! Have you not read your previous posts?!
NOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG.

What will all the gay smashers do. OMG NO!!!!!!!!

I mean we still have Princess Peach.

But WE HAD TO HAVE GIRAHIM.

LIKE OMG. What will silly kyle, SlayerZ, and all the other competitive gay smashers do.

OH OH~ I'm gonna faint.

OH GIRAHIM. Maybe in the next smash we will have hot gay tongue sex.
You don't understand obvi

Girahim is the embodiment of the gay competitive smashers.

If you were to walk up to a gay smasher and be like "who do you main". He would be like "***** I main Girahim. like obviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

now we will still just have peach which is ok. But we will for ****ing ever miss Girahim. ughhhhhh

/me faints.
"gay competitive smashers" "the gay smashers" "competitive gay smashers" Don't tell me you weren't sounding like complete asshole after what you've said recently. Seems pretty clear that you don't see it.:glare:

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
No it wouldn't you seem to be forgetting that Project M is just a modified version of brawl, the project m team don't know how to build a game from scratch like sakurai does
I didn't say he was my main, but I said that he was going to be. I felt like he was a shoe-in for Smash, the fact that Sakurai didn't see what was obvious angered me.

I do see your point though and hold no animosity towards you.
He was never a shoe-in, he's a one-time villain who will likely never be in a zelda game ever again, just like Zant, Majora, Vaati (vaati had 3 but nobody really cares about them) or any of the others. There's a reason midna or zant weren't in brawl despite being fan-favourites. Al ghirahim is, is a pawn to demise, not even ganondorf

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
:glare: I'm not making any sense?! Have you not read your previous posts?!

"gay competitive smashers" "the gay smashers" "competitive gay smashers" Don't tell me you weren't sounding like complete ******* after what you've said recently. Seems pretty clear that you don't see it.:glare:
lmao you a dumbass and you need jesus. Gurl you take things to literally.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
lmao you a ******* and you need jesus. Gurl you take things to literally.
1. OBVIOUSLY I'm a guy!
2. I'm a asshole? I'm not the person who says stuff like "competitive gay smashers" and such and considers it as a joke. Jokes don't work like that. Seems clear that you need Jesus more than anyone.

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
1. OBVIOUSLY I'm a guy!
2. I'm a *******? I'm not the person who says stuff like "competitive gay smashers" and such and considers it as a joke. Jokes don't work like that. Seems clear that you need Jesus more than anyone.
Who said it was a joke? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I think you just like to overreact. end of conversation.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Who said it was a joke? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I think you just like to overreact. end of conversation.
Well, when you said, "Gurl you take things to literally" it sounded like a voovoo-ass joke, to me. Plus overreacting? A like? Like hell. I think I've talked to you for too long. Good day, ma'am.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
No it wouldn't you seem to be forgetting that Project M is just a modified version of brawl, the project m team don't know how to build a game from scratch like sakurai does

He was never a shoe-in, he's a one-time villain who will likely never be in a zelda game ever again, just like Zant, Majora, Vaati (vaati had 3 but nobody really cares about them) or any of the others. There's a reason midna or zant weren't in brawl despite being fan-favourites. Al ghirahim is, is a pawn to demise, not even ganondorf
Have you played Skyward Sword to the end?

Top Bottom