• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 28th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The Assist Trophy, Midna! This is the 3DS version. She's going to grab and throw things all over the place. Her uncontrollable, whimsical nature remains intact."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jupo

Smash Cadet
Midna's gonna be playable in next Smash game, i'm calling it

She must be a thief; she's making a smash and grab. [Thunderous rimshot]

Though, it's perplexing that she doesn't use that Fused Shadow transformation, just like it's odd that Skull Kid doesn't bring the moon a-crashin' down.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Though, it's perplexing that she doesn't use that Fused Shadow transformation, just like it's odd that Skull Kid doesn't bring the moon a-crashin' down.
Maybe Sakurai felt it was too obious, and wanted som surprised with them? ^^

I don't mind what Midna does, it's cool. But I must say it was disappointing that Skull Kid won't bring the Moon down. However, there's one positive thing about that. It may mean the Majora's Mask level from Melee is coming back~

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

You want to tell me how someone is supposed to avoid being hit by the ****ing moon?

Also, it's THE Skull Kid! It's not "its" name! It's what it is!

You want to tell me how someone is supposed to avoid being hit by the ****ing moon?
Sure. The hitbox of where the moon hits would be an area of effect that's less potent the further away you get from it. That's assuming the moon swoops in from the background like it does on the Great Bay stage and explodes.

Less cinematically, the moon could also have just careened straight down through the stage like a bigger Snorlax.

Last edited:

Yumekuie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yumekuie
I honestly preferred her human form but at least she got in the game in the first place.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
In regards to the Legend of Zelda series, I hope they put the Hyrule castle from Smash 64 in. I love that stage on both N64 and Project M.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
midna seems cool here... i also thought the twilight princess-form would be more appealing but i guess we know midna best for her impish look. good choice i'd say.

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
And here I was expecting Bella Swan to represent the twilight princess...

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Midna's Fused Shadow form was pretty jarring as bad ass as it was for her to stand up to Ganondorf as she did(spoilers). The Skull Kid's move makes no sense at all. He doesn't even do the scream that he did in Majora's Mask(would've been sick to hear that!) and he just has Palkia's move but as an assist trophy. It's silly if you ask me. They could have done something unique with him. Maybe steal items(including bombs and bananas) from opponents and give them to the summoner.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Midna's Fused Shadow form was pretty jarring as bad *** as it was for her to stand up to Ganondorf as she did(spoilers). The Skull Kid's move makes no sense at all. He doesn't even do the scream that he did in Majora's Mask(would've been sick to hear that!) and he just has Palkia's move but as an assist trophy. It's silly if you ask me. They could have done something unique with him. Maybe steal items(including bombs and bananas) from opponents and give them to the summoner.
I really wanted him to throw the moon at the stage

D

Deleted member

cancer?? dude... how's that funny?
I literally wasn't getting cancer, or implying that anyone would obtain cancer because of the post, I was simply referring to the Doge meme as a cancerous thing.

I wasn't literally meaning cancer. And I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm being serious, the Doge meme is bad enough to be categorized with Cancer. Figuratively, of course.

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
Zant could be a really cool assist trophy too, but the Zelda series has already gotten a ton of representation in characters, items, and assist trophies so I won't get my hopes up.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Zant could be a really cool assist trophy too, but the Zelda series has already gotten a ton of representation in characters, items, and assist trophies so I won't get my hopes up.
Zant as an assist would be awesome same with Vaati, let's give these forgotten villains some kind of representation

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I really wanted him to throw the moon at the stage
As awesome as that would be, it wouldn't always work. A good example is the Andross assist trophy on stages like Hyrule Temple. You can't see it and it just comes out of nowhere. Maybe he could have the moon close in and it would cause effects to happen to the opponents. He should have kept the scream though. That's disappointing. Actually I'm happy that for once they're acknowledging Majora's Mask. It never gets much love as a Zelda installment.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
As awesome as that would be, it wouldn't always work. A good example is the Andross assist trophy on stages like Hyrule Temple. You can't see it and it just comes out of nowhere. Maybe he could have the moon close in and it would cause effects to happen to the opponents. He should have kept the scream though. That's disappointing. Actually I'm happy that for once they're acknowledging Majora's Mask. It never gets much love as a Zelda installment.
I don't know there has been a LOT of hints at a majora's mask remake lately

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Midna's gonna be playable in next Smash game, i'm calling it
But she made an appearance in Brawl, on Bridge of Eldin, and has been upgraded to an Assist Trophy.... Don't have high hopes for the next Smash and her appearance.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Maybe I'm confusing the effect of the bridge repairing with her actually being on the stage.
Right. She repaired the Bridge, but you don't physically seeing her doing it. So more than likely it was off screen than anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom