• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Arrei

Smash Lord
They'd need a story that's perhaps a little too serious for Pokemon for that, I think. Like Solgaleo protects his lands from Lunala's Curse of Night, enveloping his lands in eternal daylight to stave off the forces of darkness. And the versions take place following some kind of war between the two, with Alola becoming the domain of the version-exclusive victor. And the player character is actually an agent of the other, aiming to usurp Solgaleo's throne in Sun and overthrow Lunala's rule in Moon by capturing them.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
thats possible, but its not like in Sun you can't experience the night time, or vice versa for Moon. So if they're version exclusives that would make sense but at the same time you should be able to get an Umbreon in Sun or an Espeon in Moon, because I'm sure the night and day mechanics work in both games lol
I'm probably guessing that the time of day will not affect Rockruff's evolution. If it's nighttime in Sun, Rockruff would still evolve into Lycanroc's Midday Form; similarly, if it's daytime in Moon, Rockruff would still evolve into Lycanroc's Midnight Form.

There's probably going to be a lot of questions on how the daytime and nighttime evolutions will play out. It's always possible that the Pokemon who can only evolve during the day will be exclusive to Pokemon Sun, while the Pokemon who can only evolve during the night will be exclusive to Pokemon Moon.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I'm probably guessing that the time of day will not affect Rockruff's evolution. If it's nighttime in Sun, Rockruff would still evolve into Lycanroc's Midday Form; similarly, if it's daytime in Moon, Rockruff would still evolve into Lycanroc's Midnight Form.

There's probably going to be a lot of questions on how the daytime and nighttime evolutions will play out. It's always possible that the Pokemon who can only evolve during the day will be exclusive to Pokemon Sun, while the Pokemon who can only evolve during the night will be exclusive to Pokemon Moon.
yeah true. All I'm saying is that they're most likely going to allow the game to have night and day mechanics, so night or day evolved Pokemon should be able to evolve in either version. Unless, of course, they make them truly exclusives somehow.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
yeah true. All I'm saying is that they're most likely going to allow the game to have night and day mechanics, so night or day evolved Pokemon should be able to evolve in either version. Unless, of course, they make them truly exclusives somehow.
Well it definitely sounds like Lycanroc's Midday Form is exclusive to Pokemon Sun, while Lycanroc's Midnight Form is exclusive to Pokemon Moon. Even the details are pointing out that the Midday Form and Midnight Form are version exclusives.

If it evolves in Sun, it evolves into Midday Form. If it evolves in Moon, it evolves into Midnight Form.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Well it definitely sounds like Lycanroc's Midday Form is exclusive to Pokemon Sun, while Lycanroc's Midnight Form is exclusive to Pokemon Moon. Even the details are pointing out that the Midday Form and Midnight Form are version exclusives.

If it evolves in Sun, it evolves into Midday Form. If it evolves in Moon, it evolves into Midnight Form.
Yeah they look like they will. But I feel like Espeon and Umbreon won't be version exclusives

Arrei

Smash Lord
Have they ever exclus-ified past gen mons? And ones that weren't previously exclusive to boot?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Have they ever exclus-ified past gen mons? And ones that weren't previously exclusive to boot?
Not that I know of.

Although Espeon and Umbreon, and Solrock and Lunatone could be tied into the lore or the plot. It would make a lot of sense, especially for the latter duo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
One day, I will get my premium back and be able to have bigger avatar.
One day.

When someone will have a pity on me, maybe, or never.
Being normal is suffering.

(And my image won't apparear for some reason)

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Yes. A couple of examples, D/P had Poochyena/Houndour, B/W had Shroomish/Paras, B2/W2 was filled with them and X/Y had Poochyena/Purrloin. Version exclusive past evolutions would be new, though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah they look like they will. But I feel like Espeon and Umbreon won't be version exclusives
Hard to say right now, but it could potentially happen, as some Pokemon have experienced changes with their evolution methods. For one example, Feebas can evolve into Milotic if it's traded while holding the Prism Scale; an option that was never available until the 5th generation.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm loving Dragon Quest VII. It's one of the fiew things to have ever gotten me to smile and not cringe over puns. Also, I've been finding each island's story interesting. The one I'm up to now has had me laughing because of Kiefer.
RPG wise, it's been pretty simple though. I'm guessing that might change once I can start using vocations?
I'm glad I decided to buy it. Only DQ games I've played before are Monster Joker, which I didn't enjoy much and Heroes: Rocket Slime, which I absolutely freaking love.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm loving Dragon Quest VII. It's one of the fiew things to have ever gotten me to smile and not cringe over puns. Also, I've been finding each island's story interesting. The one I'm up to now has had me laughing because of Kiefer.
RPG wise, it's been pretty simple though. I'm guessing that might change once I can start using vocations?
I'm glad I decided to buy it. Only DQ games I've played before are Monster Joker, which I didn't enjoy much and Heroes: Rocket Slime, which I absolutely freaking love.
Someone else is playing it!? What island are you at?

Also if you like this get 8 when it releases next year it's the best one.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Oh my God, did any of you hear about "Youtube Heroes"?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What is it?
Anyone can moderate Youtube comments, and can rise up the ranks by reporting comments!

Once you're high enough, you can flag and report videos!

There's no way this can go horribly wrong!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyone can moderate Youtube comments, and can rise up the ranks by reporting comments!

Bubsy must be proud of Youtube in his grave.
Also, nice avatar!:4pacman:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I should not have procrastinated on learning Japanese Road Signs...I have to take the written test in 6.5 hours and it's the middle of the night right now.

Arrei

Smash Lord

Good lord. It's better than the current entirely-automated process, but only by the slimmest of margins. Smells like Youtube wants to get better oversight on uploads without actually paying anyone... but who's going to moderate the moderators?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Good lord. It's better than the current entirely-automated process, but only by the slimmest of margins. Smells like Youtube wants to get better oversight on uploads without actually paying anyone... but who's going to moderate the moderators?
That's what Jimquisition's new video is about.

His line, which I quote, "If there are moderators moderating moderators, then why aren't the moderator moderators moderating Youtube content in the first place?"

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Let's start causing trouble in Youtube comments and have someone of our own report our comments!
That way we will have our own agent on the top, and we shall conquer all!

(But the moderators really can't just take down videos, right? Only suggest taking them down to the higher-ups. Right?)

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
Someone will somehow turn Youtube Heroes into a disaster. People will end up abusing the power to report/flag videos.

And that's why normal people weren't granted godlike powers. We would end up abusing it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bubsy must be proud of Youtube in his grave.
Also, nice avatar!:4pacman:
lol Bubsy. (I've played and completed the first game, actually. I think it's an average 90s platformer.)

And thanks. I started translating Touhou 12. I'll try to finish Touhou 12 within this month hopefully.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
lol Bubsy. (I've played and completed the first game, actually. I think it's an average 90s platformer.)

And thanks. I started translating Touhou 12. I'll try to finish Touhou 12 within this month hopefully.
Bubsy could have been a OK franchise...
If Bubsy 3D never existed.
Instead, it's now a exemple of what a mascot should not do.
But hey, the first game was So OK, It's Average I guess.
Also, the only Touhou stuff I have download are fanart of Sakuya. Because of....

Did I mention I love JoJo?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Bubsy could have been a OK franchise...
If Bubsy 3D never existed.
Instead, it's now a exemple of what a mascot should not do.
But hey, the first game was So OK, It's Average I guess.
Also, the only Touhou stuff I have download are fanart of Sakuya. Because of....

Did I mention I love JoJo?
As much as I do?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The "Getting Started with Youtube Heroes" video as of right now has accumulated over 222k dislikes.
Huh?
"Gain points when you add captions or subtitles to a video, report inappropriate videos accurately-"
Huh? Huh?
"Level 3: Unlock Super Tools. Mass Flag Videos, help moderate content in the YouTube Heroes community-"
Huh? Huh? Huh?

Phoenix: You know, the special perks you get with the program are pretty cool. Not only can you get connected directly with the staff, you can get sneak peeks and beta test new updates for YouTube AND have moderator powers.
There's only one thing I have to say about this.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
My favorite video about the Youtube Heroes stuff is definitely cr1tikal's one, because it's cr1tikal.
But Angry Joe brings up an excellent point: why are such vital tools for channel owners such as contacting Youtube staff locked behind a ********, useless "points" system?

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
Youtube is just cooking up a whole pot of success. In no way, shape or form will this cause any problems or cause any sort of corruption and or hacking or system breaking. Especially those YouTubers who have plenty of """"""""""mature"""""""""" and """"""""""responsible"""""""""" viewers who aren't under the age of 5 or 12. I doubt that there will be any sort of problem or.....wait a second....

Also @Dr.Falkoopa what's the boards opinion on posting Discord servers? Cause a friend of mine has a smash 4 discord he would like more people to join.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Tbh what worries me is Youtube comments.
Videos will at least have a little bit of moderator moderation (i hope), but Youtube's definitely not going to pay any attention to reported comments.
Comment sections are just going to become huge echochambers. I know this doesn't really matter but it still irks me a little.

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
Tbh what worries me is Youtube comments.
Videos will at least have a little bit of moderator moderation (i hope), but Youtube's definitely not going to pay any attention to reported comments.
Comment sections are just going to become huge echochambers. I know this doesn't really matter but it still irks me a little.
To be honest, The Youtube comments section will be and unfourtantly will always be one of the most toxic places on the internet.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Someone else is playing it!? What island are you at?

Also if you like this get 8 when it releases next year it's the best one.
I'm currently at Alltrades Abbey in the present. Gotta go track down some bandits and then explore an island that's appeared to the east. I don't think I skipped an island in the present (can you even do that?) so I'm guessing it appeared alongside Alltrades Abbey. One of the NPCs mentioned an island to the east having a man offering magic carpet rides. I'm guessing that's it?

I think I'll likely get DQVIII next year, just depends what else is releasing around the same time.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm currently at Alltrades Abbey in the present. Gotta go track down some bandits and then explore an island that's appeared to the east. I don't think I skipped an island in the present (can you even do that?) so I'm guessing it appeared alongside Alltrades Abbey. One of the NPCs mentioned an island to the east having a man offering magic carpet rides. I'm guessing that's it?

I think I'll likely get DQVIII next year, just depends what else is releasing around the same time.
Yeah it also appears. I wonder if you will have the same problem as me.

Top Bottom