• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I finally get what people were talking about with Google Chrome. It's appearance just updated for me. It's not bothering me much, the changes are subtle. I didn't even notice it until I went to open up a new tab.

EDIT: Just trying to fix my sig
hadoken_by_mikaitarek.png

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This--this social still exists?!

Well, I guess I better post something relating to Smash 4

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Holy **** what have I stumbled upon.
"the nutshack theme but every nutshack is replaced by an entire reading of the bee movie script"

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Holy **** what have I stumbled upon.
"the nutshack theme but every nutshack is replaced by an entire reading of the bee movie script"
It is the chantey where the nuts are located. Didn't you listen to the ancient musical classic?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What even is luck? 2 Ultra balls to catch Ho-oh, 5 ultra balls and 3 great balls to catch Gligar.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have buying games on Steam for a week now, and I have to really admire them for taking a sensible step to convert pirates into paying gamers.

Unlike consoles and console games, Steam games are priced according to what an average gamer in the respective country can afford.
Undertale is priced at $5, Danganronpa 1 is $12, Valkyria Chronicles is $9, etc. These prices feel reasonable, and an average gamer can actually buy them without burning a hole in their pocket.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What even is luck? 2 Ultra balls to catch Ho-oh, 5 ultra balls and 3 great balls to catch Gligar.
To my knowledge, box Legendaries are intended to be easier to catch than some Pokemon. Sometimes due to story purposes(like in Gen V). Like, some have the catch rate of an Onix(not sure if that's a meme or a fact, but it's a high catch rate regardless).

Arrei

Smash Lord
To my knowledge, box Legendaries are intended to be easier to catch than some Pokemon. Sometimes due to story purposes(like in Gen V). Like, some have the catch rate of an Onix(not sure if that's a meme or a fact, but it's a high catch rate regardless).
Ho'oh's not one of those easy legendaries, though. It and most legendaries have the standard legendary catch rate of 0.4%. But yes, there are in fact a small number of story-relevant legendaries that have a higher rate, the same catch rate as Onix, but also many other Pokes. On the flip side, little unassuming Beldum has the same 0.4% rate as legendaries.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just feel like the game doesn't want me to catch anything anymore.
10+ ultra balls on a sleeping Ursaring with virtually no HP left and I still couldn't capture the damn thing.

EDIT: Just beat Champion Lance. He was easier for me than in HeartGold but the Elite Four members were harder with the exception of Bruno.

My team consisted of:
Ampharos lv 38
Golem lv 36
Feraligatr lv 35
Espeon lv 38
Crobat lv 39
Lapras lv 39

Lapras being traded and holding exp. share for the Elite Four members helped, since it was lv 33 before challenging the Elite Four. Switched to Nevermeltice for Lance and it really helped, making Ice Beam uber powerful. Really just used Ampharos to take care of Gyarados and used Thunder Wave to paralyse the Dragonites. Golem's Defence Curl and Rollout took care of Aerodactyl and Charizard.
Honestly, the biggest problem for me was trying to take out Karen's Umbreon which was a damage sponge.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not all of them. If I recall, catching Ho-oh or Lugia was not mandatory for completing the HeartGold or SoulSilver stories, so their catch rates stayed at 3.

Interestingly, Rayquaza originally had a catch rate of 3, but in OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, it was increased to 45, since catching it was mandatory for completing the Delta Episode portion of the games.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new Sun and Moon trailer has been posted!

We've got version exclusive monkeys. One is a rugby player, the other is a guru. I like the rugby one more, not to mention it has a neat ability that will be great for Doubles.

They also revealed the typings and abilities to Rockruff's evolution, now named Lycanroc. Both forms are pure Rock.

The trailer also details the return of trainer customization and man does it look better than X/Y's. It also reveals Pikachu and Eevee will receive their own Z-moves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not all of them. If I recall, catching Ho-oh or Lugia was not mandatory for completing the HeartGold or SoulSilver stories, so their catch rates stayed at 3.

Interestingly, Rayquaza originally had a catch rate of 3, but in OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, it was increased to 45, since catching it was mandatory for completing the Delta Episode portion of the games.
I didn't know of the Rayquaza change. Makes perfect sense.

Ho'oh's not one of those easy legendaries, though. It and most legendaries have the standard legendary catch rate of 0.4%. But yes, there are in fact a small number of story-relevant legendaries that have a higher rate, the same catch rate as Onix, but also many other Pokes. On the flip side, little unassuming Beldum has the same 0.4% rate as legendaries.
True. It doesn't help that they almost feels mandatory at times with how much the game forces you to go to them before you can even go to the League proper. I think that was kept in HGSS too.

I just feel like the game doesn't want me to catch anything anymore.
10+ ultra balls on a sleeping Ursaring with virtually no HP left and I still couldn't capture the damn thing.
RNG sucks. That said, this is why paralyzing does actually help. Status effects can make all the difference in the world... even if it tends to favor the CPU characters more(pretty sure that's just luck, not the game actually and purposely giving the CPU a higher chance at getting good RNG over you, although there are cases when it's stacked against you, like the Battle Frontier).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, they have really done it now. Lord Voldemort himself has condemned their futile bull****.
It's pretty blatant that Digital Homicide doesn't stand a chance. With a far more popular company such as Valve being the target of this madness, it shouldn't take long for the case to end in Valve's favor.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
It's pretty blatant that Digital Homicide doesn't stand a chance. With a far more popular company such as Valve being the target of this madness, it shouldn't take long for the case to end in Valve's favor.
Digital Homicide, if the company you're suing has more lawyers than you have brain cells, you are probably not gonna win.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, Smashified just release a new video.
And the character is Ridley....
Welp, I guess it's time to EMERALD LIKE OVERDRIVE!!!!!!

RIDLEY TOO BIG MY ASS YO!!!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We need John Cena Boards... oh wait, that's Crashboards; because no one can see them during the crash :troll:

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120

As a competitve player, I complain about this game alot. But at the end of the day, This game is Phenomenal. not just the game, the series is general is amazing. And this community is amazing as well.

Thanks daddy Sakurai.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Keef video

As a competitve player, I complain about this game alot. But at the end of the day, This game is Phenomenal. not just the game, the series is general is amazing. And this community is amazing as well.

Thanks daddy Sakurai.
Copy pasting my Reddit post on the video:

Regardless of the reasons he's given, I've become disillusioned.
Ever since the obvious inside JoJ relating to Project M.
The games just aren't fun any more. What should have been is not what is. What's more, I'm slothful and trying to break away from wasting my time idly.
Except when I go over to my cousin's after school on Tuesday / Thursday and play Project M. Lit af. Or put my amiibos in my local amiibo tournament (but that's more about community for me tbh).
Though, I guess that's not really 'quitting.'

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Keef... I love his videos.
I've never thought of actually quitting, I've taken breaks though. Sometimes a game just gets tiring and you want to take a hiatus or play something else. Its normal to feel like you don't want to play smash anymore. Breaks are good. But even when I really don't feel like playing, something will just make me want to play smash again; I'll get that urge and craving to play it. And thats why I can't quit, the game is too awesome for me to just stop playing. I'm gonna try to keep playing until I physically can't anymore.
Also, if you think about it, a lot of players who have "retired" haven't really completely retired, they show up to tournaments every once in a while and probably still play smash at home or something. Bizzaro, KDJ, Ken... retired smashers are more on breaks or hiatus, lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Im just gonna leave this here

S H R E K B O A R D S
Crumpet Dashing. Never forget.

Anyway, the Pokemon stuff was kind of interesting. I wonder if Rockruff has more than one evolution. I mean there's the split, but it seems like it should be different types for it's evolution.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering that Rockruff's evolutions are version exclusives, it makes you wonder if Espeon and Umbreon will become version exclusives as well; if you want Espeon, you'll need the Sun version, while Umbreon is exclusive to the Moon version.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Considering that Rockruff's evolutions are version exclusives, it makes you wonder if Espeon and Umbreon will become version exclusives as well; if you want Espeon, you'll need the Sun version, while Umbreon is exclusive to the Moon version.
I rhink that is very likely honestly

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
thats possible, but its not like in Sun you can't experience the night time, or vice versa for Moon. So if they're version exclusives that would make sense but at the same time you should be able to get an Umbreon in Sun or an Espeon in Moon, because I'm sure the night and day mechanics work in both games lol

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
thats possible, but its not like in Sun you can't experience the night time, or vice versa for Moon. So if they're version exclusives that would make sense but at the same time you should be able to get an Umbreon in Sun or an Espeon in Moon, because I'm sure the night and day mechanics work in both games lol
They should've just made Sun day only and Moon night only.

Top Bottom