• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
*So when I say beaten, I mean that I have all 16 badges. I reached Red but honestly I have no intent of fighting him- my party average is about Level 50 and I don't have that kind of time to grind to match up against what he has.

(Also hi everyone, it's kind of been a while hasn't it)
Welcome back.
And as long as you defeat his Lapras, you can outstall him by bringing lots and lots of potions and revives. Outside Lapras, his entire team is vulnerable to the hail and his Pokémon don't have a weather move.
But then again, this strategy requires also a lot of time.

So Danganronpa Future arc went hard today. That was one nuts episode
So hard the anime became trending topic on Twitter.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Welcome back.
And as long as you defeat his Lapras, you can outstall him by bringing lots and lots of potions and revives. Outside Lapras, his entire team is vulnerable to the hail and his Pokémon don't have a weather move.

So hard the anime became trending topic on Twitter.
Plot twist: a full team of Ice Pokemon who knows thunder moves. That'll teach Lapras

...or Steel...or Fighting...or aww **** it

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Welcome back.
What I did was have Typhlosion use Earthquake on Red's Pikachu, which he sends out Blastoise after, so I send in Red Gyarados and Dragon Dance up to x4 ATK/SPD, with using Full Restores along the way. With that, I Waterfall spam his Blastoise, and either Waterfall/Ice Fang whatever is next. That was for Gen 4, of course. For Gen 2, I just sent out the appropriate Pokemon. Typhlosion vs Pikachu, Sudowoodo vs Snorlax, Espeon vs Umbreon, etc. I was around the mid 50's, so it's possible to beat Red without grinding.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
What I did was have Typhlosion use Earthquake on Red's Pikachu, which he sends out Blastoise after, so I send in Red Gyarados and Dragon Dance up to x4 ATK/SPD, with using Full Restores along the way. With that, I Waterfall spam his Blastoise, and either Waterfall/Ice Fang whatever is next. That was for Gen 4, of course. For Gen 2, I just sent out the appropriate Pokemon. Typhlosion vs Pikachu, Sudowoodo vs Snorlax, Espeon vs Umbreon, etc. I was around the mid 50's, so it's possible to beat Red without grinding.
Hmm. My party is Feraligatr, Arcanine, Magneton, Gligar, Espeon, Hitmonchan. I imagine Choice Specs Magneton could probably take apart Lapras? Feraligatr is also ridiculously bulky, I'd just need to give him something super effective against it...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I remember the first time I beat Red in Gold. Was one of the greatest experiences on my Gameboy Colour.
My team was:
Feraligatr
Shiny Gyarados
Vaporeon
Nidoqueen
Ho-oh
Entei

The only other thing that compares to it was beating someone in Gold who had several level 100s while my highest levelled Pokemon was a level 70-something Vaporeon.
Aaahhh, sweet memeories of Gold Version :')

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Hmm. My party is Feraligatr, Arcanine, Magneton, Gligar, Espeon, Hitmonchan. I imagine Choice Specs Magneton could probably take apart Lapras? Feraligatr is also ridiculously bulky, I'd just need to give him something super effective against it...
Chances are his Lapras would outspeed your Magneton. Though, it does has other moves that the Steel typing resists (Psychic, Body Slam, Blizzard), so he's likely to use Brine, which I believe you might be able to survive at least one of them.

On a side note, what exactly is BTTV doing? They've upped their criteria so that in order to link emotes to a Discord server, you'd need 1000 Twitch followers, and at least 3 streams per week with 15 viewers watching each of them. I guess it's because they're aiming for the popular Twitch streamer demographic, but because of this change, a lot of emotes from Discord servers have been purged, including most, if not, ALL of the Smashcords. I just hope that Discord itself adds custom emotes like what Slack has.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The new Sun and Moon trailer has been posted. "Ultra Beasts" revealed, as well as one new Pokemon and one new Alola Form. There's also a group called the "Aether Foundation," who seem to against Team Skull. Another Team Skull character was also revealed, and so was a new feature called the Pokefinder (lets you take photos wherever you go). Dexio and Sina from X and Y return, and they give you the Zygarde cube so that you can collect Zygarde cells and cores.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I'm putting it out there. Lillie and UB-01 are one and the same.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Ultra Beasts are most intriguing to me. They seem like artificial life forms, and don't seem to be Pokémon either. This will be interesting.

So I'm putting it out there. Lillie and UB-01 are one and the same.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
You can take pictures of Pokemon in the game...did they basically put the functionality of Pokemon Snap in a main series Pokemon game?

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
The new Sun and Moon news has me hyped. But PLEASE announce new Mega Evolutions. I LOVE me some mega evolutions.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Are you ****ing serious that people are raging about Pikmin 3DS because it's "not Pikmin 4"?
That they are already putting petition to cancel the game?
While the ****ing title say it ISN'T PIKMIN 4?!
And that a game like Pikmin could never work properly on a 3DS?!?
God...Nintendo Fanbase are so stupid those days. If it's not Metroid, it's Pikmin, if it's not Pikmin, it's Paper Mario....
I regret the days where the only thing I know about Nintendo was Nintendog and Super Mario Bros 3 on GBA.

Arrei

Smash Lord
By petition, you wouldn't be referring to the one that's clearly making fun of the people butthurt enough to make an actual petition about Metroid Federation Force, would you?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
By petition, you wouldn't be referring to the one that's clearly making fun of the people butthurt enough to make an actual petition about Metroid Federation Force, would you?
Hold it.
Oh.
It's a satire.
1461393442279.jpg

Mmmm.....
Still, doesn't change the stupid controversy on game like Metroid and Paper Mario.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't understand it myself. Paper Mario is actually justifiable in my opinion, because the new games are actually the new direction for the series and all I want is more Paper Marios with comedic but surprisingly deep writing like Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario, but Federation Force and Pikmin 3DS are catching this much flak just for being spinoffs. When did spinoffs become the devil? It's doubly stupid in Pikmin's case, because unlike Metroid it hasn't even been that terribly long since we got Pikmin 3.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, I don't understand it myself. Paper Mario is actually justifiable in my opinion, because the new games are actually the new direction for the series and all I want is more Paper Marios with comedic but surprisingly deep writing like Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario, but Federation Force and Pikmin 3DS are catching this much flak just for being spinoffs. When did spinoffs become the devil? It's doubly stupid in Pikmin's case, because unlike Metroid it hasn't even been that terribly long since we got Pikmin 3.
Yeah.
Also, the title is "Pikmin 3D".
When peoples read "3D" as "4"?
Pikmin 4 must have get some problem, so instead of annoucing and then not talk it for 2 years. They instead give a spin-off so that Pikmin fan can have a game to play.
BUT NOPE, let's just call it the worst piece of **** that Nintendo have bought to us and call them "Konami 2.0" because yeah, they are TOTALLY like Konami...:4ganondorf:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
What kind of pokemon name is Type: Null?
What is an ultra beast?
I called Alola Raticate a while ago.
This generation is radical. I could also say that it is tubular, since I have always wanted to say tubular.

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
Pikmin 3Ds looks lame. I'm not a huge Pikmin person, but they didn't show anything that got my gears running. Hell the 3Ds Direct itself got me catching Z's.

The Thing thats killing me though is how Nintendo is putting all there Wii U system sellers on the 3Ds. Like Mario Maker and Hyrule Warriors. The Wii U is a dead meme.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Pikmin 3Ds looks lame. I'm not a huge Pikmin person, but they didn't show anything that got my gears running. Hell the 3Ds Direct itself got me catching Z's.

The Thing thats killing me though is how Nintendo is putting all there Wii U system sellers on the 3Ds. Like Mario Maker and Hyrule Warriors. The Wii U is a dead meme.
But Smash Bros tough.
Yeah, it's on 3DS, but really, I think people in general play on the Wii U version.
Atleast, that's what I do, since my 3DS Circle Pad doesn't work very well.
And SMM 3DS can't upload level online and Hyrule Warrior is only good if you have the new 3DS.
So, the Wii U isn't that dead. there is still some great game, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X, etc...
Nothing against you, but people calling the Wii U dead are just troll to me. We get it, we want the NX, but can we still play on a console that have some great game on it before we say it's dead?

Last edited:

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
But Smash Bros tough.
Yeah, it's on 3DS, but really, I think people in general play on the Wii U version.
Atleast, that's what I do, since my 3DS Circle Pad doesn't work very well.
And SMM 3DS can't upload level online and Hyrule Warrior is only good if you have the new 3DS.
So, the Wii U isn't that dead. there is still some great game, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X, etc...
Nothing against you, but people calling the Wii U dead are just troll to me. We get it, we want the NX, but can we still play on a console that have some great game on it before we say it's dead?
I'm not mad at you. I enjoy peaceful arguments as long as nothing gets out of hand.

I'm not saying the Wii U has bad games. In fact the library it has is quite impressive. It just seems like Nintendo has given up on the thing. I mean the Wii lasted a pretty long time and so did the PS3 and Xbax. When you port games from a console that isn't doing all that hot, it just gives more reason not to buy the system. I don't know how I feel about Zelda BotW being on both NX and Wii U. It could be a huge disaster on both ends because if no one will buy a Wii U to play the new Zelda, then I'm not ure if anyone will by the NX to play it either.

I'm am a Nintendo fan boy. I really do pray the best for the company, but I can't look at every choice they make and smile at it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm not mad at you. I enjoy peaceful arguments as long as nothing gets out of hand.

I'm not saying the Wii U has bad games. In fact the library it has is quite impressive. It just seems like Nintendo has given up on the thing. I mean the Wii lasted a pretty long time and so did the PS3 and Xbax. When you port games from a console that isn't doing all that hot, it just gives more reason not to buy the system. I don't know how I feel about Zelda BotW being on both NX and Wii U. It could be a huge disaster on both ends because if no one will buy a Wii U to play the new Zelda, then I'm not ure if anyone will by the NX to play it either.

I'm am a Nintendo fan boy. I really do pray the best for the company, but I can't look at every choice they make and smile at it.
Oh no, I didn't say that your were mad at me or I was.
Also, I don't say that every choice that Nintendo have made are good, heck, they are some thing that I could say that make a little angry about Nintendo. (Where is my MMZX?:glare:)
But it's just that now, I feel like we are in a year where there is atleast 3 controversy by month. Combined with my personal problem, and it really feel make me tired of hearing people screaming left and right at any annoucement possible.
Of course, that is my opinion, and I respect yours too! I hope Nintendo will get better and that we can all relax and post memes on the Internet!:4pacman:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think the problem is that they had announced Pikmin 4 so early, so everyone is somewhat paranoid that this Pikmin 3DS is actually Pikmin 4.

Not to mention the team behind Yoshi's New Island is making the game, which a lot of people aren't happy about.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of today's news for Pokemon Sun and Moon, I have speculated some things in regards of the relationship between the Aether Foundation and Team Skull. I was thinking that Lusamine could be Guzma's older sister, and the two did not get along very well. I even had the thought that Lusamine is also the champion of the Alola League.

Sure, Lusamine may seem rather odd with her statements, but it's probably just her way of saying that she wants to take care of any Pokemon who are in need of help.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speaking of today's news for Pokemon Sun and Moon, I have speculated some things in regards of the relationship between the Aether Foundation and Team Skull. I was thinking that Lusamine could be Guzma's older sister, and the two did not get along very well. I even had the thought that Lusamine is also the champion of the Alola League.

Sure, Lusamine may seem rather odd with her statements, but it's probably just her way of saying that she wants to take care of any Pokemon who are in need of help.
Nah Lusamine and Gladion are Ultra Beasts like Lillie.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yolo theory: What if Gladion holds his hand too much because he's trying to not transform into an Ultra Beast?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nah Lusamine and Gladion are Ultra Beasts like Lillie.
Speaking of Gladion, I read something that states that he has a Type: Null. My guess is that Type: Null is an artificial Pokemon, and only one was ever created. Team Skull probably created it by stealing resources from the Aether Foundation, and Guzma has plans that involve the use of Type: Null.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speaking of Gladion, I read something that states that he has a Type: Null. My guess is that Type: Null is an artificial Pokemon, and only one was ever created. Team Skull probably created it by stealing resources from the Aether Foundation, and Guzma has plans that involve the use of Type: Null.
Type: Null is called the Synthetic pokemon.

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
oh hey waddup

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Still reeling from the amount of Lusamine art that's been produced in under 12 hours. Wish I was that good of an artist.

Top Bottom