• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
So Dark Souls 3 was incredibly...
Disappointing.
I still found it great, but it really dropped the ball for the game that might be the final entry to the series.
And it's a shame, really, because all of my problems with it are related to the new way poise works.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
>tfw you destroy a guy with Lucina so hard, he switches to Marth just to prove his superiority, but still gets his butt kicked anyway

Anyway, what's up ?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A storm knocked out the electricity from 5 am to 8:30 pm (just now). As the batteries of my devices bit the dust one after the other, I never felt this empty.

Seriously though, I basically couldn't do anything today because of this. Urgh. Maybe this is what you'd call a third world problem.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I believe you mean first wold problem, since third world mean poor countries.
No, I meant that. I don't think day-long power outages take place in first world nations.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I entered a voice chat and talked with some guys last night for 3 hours. About nothing but Sonic. Occasionally we try to throw in some jokes here and there, but the conversations always went back to Sonic. Sonic sonic sonic. :4sonic:

This is what happens when you're the only Zelda fan among a bunch of Sonic fans on a Discord general gaming server. *sigh*

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Not until you put the energies required down then it'll make you feel beastly. Helped that I had a Double Colorless Energy on the card to boost it up

And it's simple to understand comparing to YuGiOh nowadays where it's all fast paced with all these new summons and all. Barely keep up with it afterwards
I see your 6.0 thread likes there, boi :smirk:

Never got into YuGiOh either. Only card games I really had besides the standard hearts clubs etc. decks was the Pokemon and Harry Potter TCG, now the latter I think I may have played one or two times, but that was long ago and I forgot the rules by now.
>tfw you destroy a guy with Lucina so hard, he switches to Marth just to prove his superiority, but still gets his butt kicked anyway

Anyway, what's up ?
I was very surprised seeing Marth so low in the tier list this time. Shocked, even. That dude had it coming tho.

Nothing much, I've had a minor headache for a while, eating chocolate and chips probably didn't help it as much as I thought it would...
Maybe this is what you'd call a third world problem.
Yes. Barring natural catastrophes I doubt in a first world country that electricity being gone that long would be considered acceptable.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I was very surprised seeing Marth so low in the tier list this time. Shocked, even. That dude had it coming tho.
Marth isn't all the bad honnestly.
I mean, if I take a recent tier list from reddit (yeah, I know, but who cares) from June 2016, you can see he's considered better than Lucina.

B+ isn't too bad honnestly. He's pretty much mid-tier.
You know what's strange though ? When Roy came out, everyone was saying he was top tier because nobody really know how to fight him. Now he's pretty much considered as a bad character. Poor Roy, he will never be on top.

That said, I still prefer maining Lucina. Yeah sure, Marth is more rewarding with his tip, but I prefer consistency. And I still Mario & Luigi in the back, just in case. So yeah.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I see I got infracted for what I posted. I apologize. I'll try not to let it happen again. I let my personal views on things get in the way of me following the rules here. Once again, I'm sorry.

Now that that's out of the way...

G'morning people. What's new?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I mean, if I take a recent tier list from reddit (yeah, I know, but who cares) from June 2016, you can see he's considered better than Lucina.

You know what's strange though ? When Roy came out, everyone was saying he was top tier because nobody really know how to fight him. Now he's pretty much considered as a bad character. Poor Roy, he will never be on top.

That said, I still prefer maining Lucina. Yeah sure, Marth is more rewarding with his tip, but I prefer consistency. And I still Mario & Luigi in the back, just in case. So yeah.
That list is giving Cloud way too much credit if you asked me. His recovery is quite poor without Limit Break, which should really be enough to keep him out of the top 5.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

Oh, I was basing mine off the """"official"""" Smash 4 Backroom Smashboards tier list(which you can find on the front page) which has Marth in E tier/"not viable". But still ahead of Lucina there.

And yeah, it sucks what happened to Roy ._. oh well....the brief period where he was considered good was worth it. I don't know if there was a similar period in the Melee days, but at least I got to live through this one!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
That list is giving Cloud way too much credit if you asked me. His recovery is quite poor without Limit Break, which should really be enough to keep him out of the top 5.
Yeah, it's a Smash 4 tier list, what did you expect ? I just use them to see wich character is considered by people to be "the best". Not surprised that the majority thinks Cloud is on top.

Oh, I was basing mine off the """"official"""" Smash 4 Backroom Smashboards tier list(which you can find on the front page) which has Marth in E tier/"not viable". But still ahead of Lucina there.

And yeah, it sucks what happened to Roy ._. oh well....the brief period where he was considered good was worth it. I don't know if there was a similar period in the Melee days, but at least I got to live through this one!
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the backroom's tier list. Probably because I'm a dumb dumb who doesn't really care about competitive talk and just plays the game.
1469911050453.gif

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, maybe not.

But still, Hurricanes certainly are devastating.
Having seen the eye of a cyclone pass through my very city three years, I won't argue with that.

omg this is the 3rd thunderstom I have gotten, Im sick of rain now
Same lol. It's raining hard here.

It kind of baffles me that there are still people who deny climate change.

Probably because I'm a dumb dumb who doesn't really care about competitive talk and just plays the game.
View attachment 113675
Well, you know. Talk is cheap. :4ryu: Ba-dum-tss.

---------------------

So in Subterranean Animism, there is apparently a pun about Parsee Mizuhashi being from Persia. :laugh: I found that the pun is directly translatable too and works even better in Hindi, which is incredible.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Same lol. It's raining hard here.

It kind of baffles me that there are still people who deny climate change.
I think this is just Virginia Beach weather tbh, We get lots of thunderstorms in general

And Considering the sun is coming out again, I'll check this down as normal " I'll do what I want" Virginia Beach weather

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the backroom's tier list. Probably because I'm a dumb dumb who doesn't really care about competitive talk and just plays the game.
View attachment 113675
Me too.
...Minus the playing the game thing. I don't even have Smash 4 lol.

I guess that makes me the ultimate casual?

D

Deleted member

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is now available. I'll see if I can install it later on as I just downloaded its upgrade assistant.

If you're interested, then I guess you may want to check this link. Alternatively, you can use the media creation tool (which was updated) to install it... or simply spam the "Check for updates" button in Windows Update (if you're running version 1511).

Anyways, how's it going?

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, you know. Talk is cheap. :4ryu: Ba-dum-tss.
More like Ryu himself is cheap.
The dude's homeless yet he can kick my butt harder than a nuke.

Speaking of Ryu, I have lots of trouble against him. Thank god he is fun to play against, but still. He's not even like in his games, he just comes in, plays some mind games with his Focus Attack, pokes my shoulders, and either Shoryuken's my chin or punch me off stage to the blast zone.
tumblr_nh8oxbVX141tikca7o1_500.png

Top quality fights with your friendly handsome homeless karate man.

I like Cloud
He's a nice guy. But he needs to quit his edgy phase.

Me too.
...Minus the playing the game thing. I don't even have Smash 4 lol.

I guess that makes me the ultimate casual?
So lazy he doesn't even have the game.
That takes lots of effort and dedication. Congratulation.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
So lazy he doesn't even have the game.
That takes lots of effort and dedication. Congratulation.
I'll go even further, I don't even have the console(s).
That's as far as I go though, lol.
Also, effort and dedication to be lazy? Hmm....

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
You guys had one job... There were only 4 rules to follow, and still?

Anyway, Talking about alcohol and drugs in the way The-power-within did is obviously not allowed.
Remarks like "you're drunk" is not really encouraged, but it's not illegal.
The word I'm searching for I can't say because there's preschool users present.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The word I'm searching for I can't say because there's preschool users present.
To be blunt and plain, it's a precaution so that no one can point fingers at the site and cherry pick posts and say that this site is in violation of this or that law. We aren't moral guardians.

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
To be blunt and plain, it's a precaution so that no one can point fingers at the site and cherry pick posts and say that this site is in violation of this or that law. We aren't moral guardians.
I know, I just wanted to quote Toy Story.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I see I got infracted for what I posted. I apologize. I'll try not to let it happen again. I let my personal views on things get in the way of me following the rules here. Once again, I'm sorry.

Now that that's out of the way...

G'morning people. What's new?
OT but, can I get the source of your avatar? :p

There is one thing that really bugs me about the Alolan Exeggutor. It's part Dragon-type, and yet Exeggutor can't learn ANY Dragon-type moves, period. It's almost like with Dedenne, where even though it's part Fairy-type, it only learns two Fairy-type moves; Charm and Play Rough.
Just like Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales can learn Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, etc.
Alolan Exeggutor apparently can learn Dragon Rush, probably will also be able to learn Dragon Tail and Outrage, considering this variant seems to be a dedicated physical attacker.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, it's a Smash 4 tier list, what did you expect ? I just use them to see wich character is considered by people to be "the best". Not surprised that the majority thinks Cloud is on top.
Like I said, a little too much credit, since Cloud does have a serious weakness that can easily be exploited.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I found a way a make Cloud invincible

Finishing Touch covers all Final Destination :denzel:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just like Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales can learn Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, etc.
Alolan Exeggutor apparently can learn Dragon Rush, probably will also be able to learn Dragon Tail and Outrage, considering this variant seems to be a dedicated physical attacker.
It hasn't been confirmed nor denied that Alola Forms get movepool changes, so there's a chance that they will get the ability to learn moves that they can frequently use as their STAB

Alolan Ninetales has a really cool typing offensively so I hope it gets Moonblast and Ice Beam. If it still keeps Flamethrower, add that, and finally Nasty Plot. If it loses Flamethrower, then Energy Ball/Coverage.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It hasn't been confirmed nor denied that Alola Forms get movepool changes, so there's a chance that they will get the ability to learn moves that they can frequently use as their STAB

Alolan Ninetales has a really cool typing offensively so I hope it gets Moonblast and Ice Beam. If it still keeps Flamethrower, add that, and finally Nasty Plot. If it loses Flamethrower, then Energy Ball/Coverage.
Definetly will get stuff like Ice Beam and Moonblast, but keeping Flamethrower would make it lose the point of being a variant species and it would give an unfair advantage over regular Ninetales due the expanded movepool. But Im sure stuff like Nasty Plot and Psyshock will remain tho.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
OT but, can I get the source of your avatar? :p
To be honest, I kinda just saw this image on Twitter and it was someone else's Twitch profile pic (they announced they were streaming) and I kinda just stole it. :p It looked nice and I'm a fan of Female Corrin and I wanted to use it so...yeah. I did reupload it to my Photobucket, though. Here's the full image (Or at least, what I managed to get) :

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
To be honest, I kinda just saw this image on Twitter and it was someone else's Twitch profile pic (they announced they were streaming) and I kinda just stole it. :p It looked nice and I'm a fan of Female Corrin and I wanted to use it so...yeah. I did reupload it to my Photobucket, though. Here's the full image (Or at least, what I managed to get) :
Thanks!
Do you know a Female Corrin Figma is on the works? :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Definetly will get stuff like Ice Beam and Moonblast, but keeping Flamethrower would make it lose the point of being a variant species and it would give an unfair advantage over regular Ninetales due the expanded movepool.
GameFreak? Unfair? No way. :115:

Anyways, I don't see anything wrong with it. Ninetales isn't really a great Pokemon to begin with- not bad, but not really good either, and losing Drought is more then enough of a nerf to justify an expanded movepool. Its typing, despite being offensively wonderful, gets checked ironically by Fire-Types, which arguably are the most used Type of Pokémon in the game- both inside and outside of competitive play.

As for the first point, I don't think that means anything in a world where Dodrios can fly and Dusknoir can Mega Kick ****. :v

Top Bottom