• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what's been going on with all of you guys lately? Played any good games?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have been binging on "Extra History" section of Extra Credits. It's probably better than the main game related videos.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Still playing Fire Emblem.
The SNES FE3 is hilariously easy. I'm at about chapter 12(Book 2) and nearly all of my units are promoted and are at around lvl 5-10 and have at least one maxed stat.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
7th post of page 7 and overall post #247 of social thread 7 from a user that joined on February 7th :shades:

...this thread has been very slow since this morning so getting this was quite challenging lol.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Still playing Fire Emblem.
The SNES FE3 is hilariously easy. I'm at about chapter 12(Book 2) and nearly all of my units are promoted and are at around lvl 5-10 and have at least one maxed stat.
I'm jealous

I might as well do another girls run for FE9

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'm jealous

I might as well do another girls run for FE9
Eh, you can play FE3 yourself if you really want to give it a try :p There are fan translations and stuff...

Have fun with that FE9 girls run tho! I never did/completed any of those kinds of runs in FE yet, but I am doing a pre-promote-only run in FE6 atm. But I haven't continued that in a while since I'm at the infamous chapter 21 which is pretty much always an effective slump and a drag for me in FE6 playthroughs.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Eh, you can play FE3 yourself if you really want to give it a try :p There are fan translations and stuff...

Have fun with that FE9 girls run tho! I never did/completed any of those kinds of runs in FE yet, but I am doing a pre-promote-only run in FE6 atm. But I haven't continued that in a while since I'm at the infamous chapter 21 which is pretty much always an effective slump and a drag for me in FE6 playthroughs.
I've done it and completed the game twice. Also helps that I spammed Mia and another character to get promotion as early as chapter 9 LOL

I suppose I COULD try this with other characters as well as long as I don't mess up or crit too early. Took me three hours on that chapter alone just to grind my levels

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How many of you know the horrors of FE9 Hard?

The final chapter when Ashnard can freely move around, one-hit kill every one but Ike, Nasir and one of the support Laguz, and once you wear down his 60 HP, he resurrects as an even more powerful monster with 80 HP. Have fun.

If anyone can finish this level without relying on some serious save-scumming, you have my sincere respect.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

The final chapter when Ashnard can freely move around, one-hit kill every one but Ike, Nasir and one of the support Laguz, and once you wear down his 60 HP, he resurrects as an even more powerful monster with 80 HP. Have fun.

If anyone can finish this level without relying on some serious save-scumming, you have my sincere respect.
Never played FE9 Hard. I'd have respect for myself too if I tried it. Because that'd mean I played FE9-no-animation-skips-4-u twice :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Speaking of insane, try completing Star Fox Assault's 10th mission on Gold difficulty. The 2nd half of the Aparoid Queen battle is very hard, as your own teammates will get crushed by the mines, and you can't heal yourself if your own teammates are forced to retire.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Ashnard is unable to fly over the fountain at the centre of the map. Once you realise this and figure out how to use it to your advantage, Ashnard is actually pretty easy. One thing you can do is have Ike, Nasir, and your laguz king of choice corner him at the fountain, stopping him from moving and making the fight way easier, and also allowing you to have healers safely approach without having to worry about Ashnard offing them (they should have Physics anyway, but this lets them use stronger staves if needed, as long as you have someone on hand to rescue unmounted ones).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ashnard is unable to fly over the fountain at the centre of the map. Once you realise this and figure out how to use it to your advantage, Ashnard is actually pretty easy. One thing you can do is have Ike, Nasir, and your laguz king of choice corner him at the fountain, stopping him from moving and making the fight way easier, and also allowing you to have healers safely approach without having to worry about Ashnard offing them (they should have Physics anyway, but this lets them use stronger staves if needed, as long as you have someone on hand to rescue unmounted ones).
I see. That didn't cross my mind.

I spent almost every turn carefully bringing a healer into range, healing one of the three and rescuing them. And making sure everyone stayed away from his gigantic range.
Pun not intended, I would kill for this
Monokuma would be proud of you though. :p

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I never played FE9 nor do I think I ever will, so I don't have any input on that. But if you want truly something difficult, try Kanbei's Error in AW1's Advance Campaign. Fog of War thus cheating AI, Bombers everywhere that destroys almost every land unit with one attack, a turn limit and it's an unskippable mission.

I found a toy that would make me so happy if I had it in my arms
We all would. I mean, just look at him:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I've done it and completed the game twice. Also helps that I spammed Mia and another character to get promotion as early as chapter 9 LOL

I suppose I COULD try this with other characters as well as long as I don't mess up or crit too early. Took me three hours on that chapter alone just to grind my levels
So based on that...as of Chapter 20 I have the following roster

Ike: 20/3
Reyson: 3
Marcia: 20/4
Mist: 20/3
Boyd: 20/3
Oscar: 20/3
Rolf: 20/2
Jill: 20/5
Soren: 20/3
Astrid: 20/4 (seriously she's a ****ing beast once she can handle herself. Boss abuse!)
Mia: 20/4
Zihark: 20/2
Ilyana: 20/4
Titania: 20/5
Stefan: 20/8
Gatrie: 20/1
Rhys: 20/3
Nephenee: 20/4
Tanith: 20/10
Volke: 20/1
Kieran: 20/3
Muarium: 10
Sothe: 10 (because bonus stuff to Radiant Dawn lol)
Calill: 20/6

Benched:

Janaff
Shinon
Ulki
Brom
Lethe
Mordecai
Devdan
Makalov
Tomrod

Not too shabby though. Although I do plan to focus on another Women's Run (with help from Rhys for healing, Sothe/Volke for looting, and Ike of course) soon after I run this playthrough

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't think Sothe is worth the effort, personally. The way the transfer system works in Sothe's case specifically is, if he reaches level 20 in PoR, his stats are transferred verbatim to RD. So if it happens that Sothe in PoR has lower stats than his RD bases, the transfer system actually makes him worse, and his RD bases are pretty decent anyway (there's a good chance of him ending up with a worse Def score via data transfer, for one). He also doesn't get any bonus to weapon rank, since he doesn't have a weapon rank at all in PoR.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't think Sothe is worth the effort, personally. The way the transfer system works in Sothe's case specifically is, if he reaches level 20 in PoR, his stats are transferred verbatim to RD. So if it happens that Sothe in PoR has lower stats than his RD bases, the transfer system actually makes him worse, and his RD bases are pretty decent anyway (there's a good chance of him ending up with a worse Def score via data transfer, for one). He also doesn't get any bonus to weapon rank, since he doesn't have a weapon rank at all in PoR.
To be fair, I'm only using him as an extra thief to get items faster. He's okay when it comes to attacking enemies that are near-death or healers. Other than that, I try to avoid using him other than bonus exp on him. Since Sothe is one of the main characters in RD, it makes sense to give him some of the bonus if he ends up at level 20 (doubtful but who knows)

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Eh, I haven't exactly played any games lately.
Mostly just watching the new Steven Universe episodes.
This episode made be dislike Jasper a bit. Poor Amethyst. :'(
Oh and I've seen we already got in trouble? At least it wasn't like 6.0's The Woody-ening.
I probably did not spell that right. Eh who cares. It's not even a real word anyway.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
When you're watching wrestling (NXT) and a tag team mentioned the tag team champions beat Pikachu and Charmander and you just lost your ****

This has to be the best Pokemon reference I've seen in awhile lmao

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
So based on that...as of Chapter 20 I have the following roster

Ike: 20/3
Reyson: 3
Marcia: 20/4
Mist: 20/3
Boyd: 20/3
Oscar: 20/3
Rolf: 20/2
Jill: 20/5
Soren: 20/3
Astrid: 20/4 (seriously she's a ****ing beast once she can handle herself. Boss abuse!)
Mia: 20/4
Zihark: 20/2
Ilyana: 20/4
Titania: 20/5
Stefan: 20/8
Gatrie: 20/1
Rhys: 20/3
Nephenee: 20/4
Tanith: 20/10
Volke: 20/1
Kieran: 20/3
Muarium: 10
Calill: 20/6

Benched:

Janaff
Shinon
Ulki
Brom
Lethe
Mordecai
Devdan
Makalov
Tomrod

Not too shabby though. Although I do plan to focus on another Women's Run (with help from Rhys for healing, Sothe/Volke for looting, and Ike of course) soon after I run this playthrough
Wait, the current run you're doing is obviously not a Women's Run...there are men in there....
Using Sothe/Volke for looting and Ike is understandable, but why Rhys? Could just use vulneraries for healing till you get Mist. And this is PoR, where the pre-promote Paladin is female. Titania is pretty good and should be able to hold off by using her for 9 chapters without a healer.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wait, the current run you're doing is obviously not a Women's Run...there are men in there....
Using Sothe/Volke for looting and Ike is understandable, but why Rhys? Could just use vulneraries for healing till you get Mist. And this is PoR, where the pre-promote Paladin is female. Titania is pretty good and should be able to hold off by using her for 9 chapters without a healer.
Plot twist: they're all in drags

All seriousness, I just turned it on yesterday and noticed this playthrough wasn't finished so I wanted to see how much I can accomplish on this before going to Girls only run.

Pretty much just maxed Astrid at 20/20 at only chapter 21 thanks to the boss abuse for Ena. By level 10, she only maxed speed lmao

I used Rhys as backup healer until Ilyana was able to promote or if there's a spot left that I don't need a thief around, I'm usually going for the healers. Mist was one that I heal spam so she could catch up to the group

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Plot twist: they're all in drags

All seriousness, I just turned it on yesterday and noticed this playthrough wasn't finished so I wanted to see how much I can accomplish on this before going to Girls only run.

Pretty much just maxed Astrid at 20/20 at only chapter 21 thanks to the boss abuse for Ena. By level 10, she only maxed speed lmao

I used Rhys as backup healer until Ilyana was able to promote or if there's a spot left that I don't need a thief around, I'm usually going for the healers. Mist was one that I heal spam so she could catch up to the group
Ah, I see. Wonder how many other games you haven't finished yet but you just don't remember yet...

Ah yeah, Astrid is pretty average. Did you make her keep Paragon for the most part? Not surprised if she hit 20/20 then.

I guess I'm pretty strict when it comes to [something]-only runs then. The only thing I'd pretty much let [not something] users do is 1) seize thrones(if MC is [not something] 2) steal 3) open chests/doors 4) talk 5) rescue units 6) trade and 7) visit villages. But the moment they somehow are responsible for bringing up the battle animation screen, either by being targeted in a battle, or healing, I reset. If I were to do a PoR girls-only run I'd probably not use Rhys at all and just stick to vulneraries till I get Mist. I mean, I didn't use a healer at all in my FE6 pre-promote run till I got Cecilia in chapter 14.

But I guess that just makes things really challenging and maybe less fun so I don't fault you for not doing that, lol. Are you going to be doing normal or hard mode btw?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ah, I see. Wonder how many other games you haven't finished yet but you just don't remember yet...

Ah yeah, Astrid is pretty average. Did you make her keep Paragon for the most part? Not surprised if she hit 20/20 then.

I guess I'm pretty strict when it comes to [something]-only runs then. The only thing I'd pretty much let [not something] users do is 1) seize thrones(if MC is [not something] 2) steal 3) open chests/doors 4) talk 5) rescue units 6) trade and 7) visit villages. But the moment they somehow are responsible for bringing up the battle animation screen, either by being targeted in a battle, or healing, I reset. If I were to do a PoR girls-only run I'd probably not use Rhys at all and just stick to vulneraries till I get Mist. I mean, I didn't use a healer at all in my FE6 pre-promote run till I got Cecilia in chapter 14.

But I guess that just makes things really challenging and maybe less fun so I don't fault you for not doing that, lol. Are you going to be doing normal or hard mode btw?
Quite a few I can think of that I need to finish up

Dark Cloud 2, Final Fantasy XII, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Starfox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess (Wii version), Ape Escape 1-3, Jak and Daxter trio (I plan to start fresh data on first one, but other two I barely played in years), Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy XIII, Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Luigi U (haven't touched yet), Rayman Legends (haven't touched), Eternal Sonata, Young Justice, Ocarina of Time (64 to finish before summer's over and 3DS), Fire Emblem Fates (both), Super Mario 64, etc

Yeah...that's quite a few off the top of my head I need to finish lmao. I'm hoping to get at least 3-4 of these done during the school year whenever I can find time to do so.

Average? Dude, Astrid is a BEAST! The paragon skill ****ing helps her spam exp points high to where she can catch up and beat everyone. On one playthrough with girls only, only Ike and Astrid were at 20/20 and some were 20/16 or 20/18. Just babysit her and spam with boss abuse until she can really tear it up, then bam! I pretty much use her in my PoR playthroughs since I found out how good she us. Usually her, Rolf, Mia, Nephenee, Jill, Oscar, and Ilyana I use often

Planning on Hard mode but not looking forward to when Black Knight starts moving across one chapter

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Quite a few I can think of that I need to finish up

Dark Cloud 2, Final Fantasy XII, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Starfox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess (Wii version), Ape Escape 1-3, Jak and Daxter trio (I plan to start fresh data on first one, but other two I barely played in years), Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy XIII, Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Luigi U (haven't touched yet), Rayman Legends (haven't touched), Eternal Sonata, Young Justice, Ocarina of Time (64 to finish before summer's over and 3DS), Fire Emblem Fates (both), Super Mario 64, etc

Yeah...that's quite a few off the top of my head I need to finish lmao. I'm hoping to get at least 3-4 of these done during the school year whenever I can find time to do so.

Average? Dude, Astrid is a BEAST! The paragon skill ****ing helps her spam exp points high to where she can catch up and beat everyone. On one playthrough with girls only, only Ike and Astrid were at 20/20 and some were 20/16 or 20/18. Just babysit her and spam with boss abuse until she can really tear it up, then bam! I pretty much use her in my PoR playthroughs since I found out how good she us. Usually her, Rolf, Mia, Nephenee, Jill, Oscar, and Ilyana I use often

Planning on Hard mode but not looking forward to when Black Knight starts moving across one chapter
Huh, that's quite a hefty backlog you got there. Gonna be awhile till you're done with that, lol.

Eh, Astrid has pretty low HP, Strength, and Luck, and is bow locked at base. But idk, I didn't really use her much since I was RNG screwed when I tried using her and got level ups, which made me think she had terrible growths(I went into PoR blind), leading me to bench her. But yeah, looking into it she does seem pretty good as a unit, her growths aren't as bad as I thought they were.

Oh yeah...that chapter. Yeah, that's always an interesting chapter to play through lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It was on my Hard playthrough that I actually appreciated Astrid. Gaining four levels per map was not unheard of, and she was a paladin in no time.

Paragon is an awesome skill.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That feel when an Episode of DR makes everyone like Nagito less or but only makes me love him even more then before

No, but while he was the most in the wrong, he wasn't the only one in the wrong. I mean, one of them could've checked the stamp on the bottle or Seiko could've checked her bag while running. I'm also glad they explained why he didn't recognize Izuru on the ship.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

No, but while he was the most in the wrong, he wasn't the only one in the wrong. I mean, one of them could've checked the stamp on the bottle or Seiko could've checked her bag while running. I'm also glad they explained why he didn't recognize Izuru on the ship.
Since Nagito and Hinata have disappeared, I hope they meet up with each other and as mean as this sounds, I couldn't care about Chisa, I was to focused on Nagito

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I didn't know 7.0 was a thing yet, lol
I didn't know Duck Hunt Dog wearing a dress and tiara was a thing, yet either, but I saw. I have now seen it all :p

BluePikmin still around? Haven't seen the guy post here yet?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I found a toy that would make me so happy if I had it in my arms
I would be careful if I had one of these.
Ya' know... Motion sensitive bombs and all that.

In other news, Pokemon Go finally came out in Brazil and holy darn it caught on quickly.
When I walked into class half of the students had their phones out and one of the teachers even started bragging about the Pokemons she got.
By the way, there about 4 Pokestops within about 10 minutes from my house. I'm lucky.

Last edited:
Top Bottom