• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 22nd

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who kinda feels like this is ****ing with the canon of Smash?

So is the Smash universe a virtual universe on some some kids TV, and that kid can interact with that universe by helping Duck Hunt?

Trying to figure out Smash Bros. canon is like figuring out why the play testers couldn't realize how good Rosalina is.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

So is the Smash universe a virtual universe on some some kids TV, and that kid can interact with that universe by helping Duck Hunt?

Trying to figure out Smash Bros. canon is like figuring out why the play testers couldn't realize how good Rosalina is.
I bet that it's actors on a television screen, but there just happens to be a kid with a magical television set that he can interact with.

Or the kid has magical trophies and dolls hidden off-camera, and another camera projects them onto the screen with special effects and such.

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
Yeah, let's kick someone who's already down! That should cause no backlash! Why do you think it's necessary to mock Ridley fans with how much we've been through?

And no, i'm not mocking Ridley fans, i'm just making an awful joke about Duck Hunt being a troll.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
Yeah, let's kick someone who's already down! That should cause no backlash! Why do you think it's necessary to mock Ridley fans with how much we've been through?
You put yourself through it. In April widwey the dwagon was confirmed as a stage boss and from the beginning it was stated that the 2 versions will have the same roster and we've known the 3ds roster for months. Any torment you've been through is your own doing for not understanding these simple concepts.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
Its funny to me how people just assume this is pointless. Note there are still people who DON'T know the secret characters and have not played the 3DS version.

critter17

Smash Cadet
NNID
critter17
3DS FC
3780-9491-8023
I'm honestly more excited to see more details about the board game mode than this reveal trailer now. Unless something unexpected shows up, I won't expect much from this trailer. But at least the video will still be cool regardless.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Its funny to me how people just assume this is pointless. Note there are still people who DON'T know the secret characters and have not played the 3DS version.
That is true to extent, but

1. Those fans are in the extreme minority, as the 3ds version has sold over 3 mill already, and even more fans know, but are just waiting for the WiiU version

2. The people who wouldn't know probably don't even care about Smash Bros to begin with, so no point trying to convince them.

Have you considered that maybe sakurai and his team TRIED to make Ridley playable, but for some reason couldn't make it work well?
The roster was chosen at the beginning of development. If Ridley were to be a playable character, he would have been worked on from the start. If he is a boss character, it means he was never considered or even chosen, because he would have only been a trophy like IC and Chorus Men (Who I think if not playable were actually worked on, but cut mid development, if the Sneaky Spirit has anything to say about it)

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Since 64, it's already canon that the entire universe exists in the mind of some kid playing with his dolls and action figures. Master Hand is that kid's hand.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
So it's going to be a Duck Hunt reveal trailer and not Mewtwo or Ridley :/
You weren't expecting Sakurai to actually do something like that, were you? He said the rosters will be the same.

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I've read some comments where people are laughing at the thought of a trailer because we already know who it is, or even being disgusted that a trailer is still happening. Screw all of you. I've been hoping for a Bowser Jr. trailer more than I've hoped for new characters in the wii u version and this has given me new hope.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
The people mad about Duck Hunt getting a trailer need to realize that character speculation died when the 3DS version released. If you were expecting system exclusive characters, then you were deluding yourselves.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I saw the pic before reading the post so I thought Nintendo was making an NES zapper for the Wii-U that would be compatible with Smash for an extra feature where a fifth player can pick up the zapper and start shooting the player characters just to ruin everyone's fun.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why everyone's being so fast to give up hope regarding extra Newcomers or another huge announcement this Thursday.

Remember a few months back, how everyone was so absolutely positive that Chrom was going to be revealed, then it turned out that we got 2 Newcomers and Chrom disconfirmed?

This situation is eerily similar to that. Sakursai knows that the PotD audience has known about Duck Hunt for over a month. He's just playing with us as he always has.

I'm not saying that we're definitely going to get a new Newcomer a'la Ridley...what I'm saying is that we're going to get big news about the Wii U version. News that that Sakurai expects to be more exciting amongst the fans than a trailer for Duck Hunt.

Sure, Duck Hunt will likely get a trailer, but I'm betting that Duck Hunt isn't the "big reveal" of the Direct...Sakurai would know how disappointing that would be.

Sakurai's leading us astray as always, and I for one am hyped for Thursday's Direct.

Bomber913

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrer3
3DS FC
3523-2231-5548
So we still have. Reveal trailers to look forward to! Awesome!​

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't see why everyone's being so fast to give up hope regarding extra Newcomers or another huge announcement this Thursday.

Remember a few months back, how everyone was so absolutely positive that Chrom was going to be revealed, then it turned out that we got 2 Newcomers and Chrom disconfirmed?

This situation is eerily similar to that. Sakursai knows that the PotD audience has known about Duck Hunt for over a month. He's just playing with us as he always has.

I'm not saying that we're definitely going to get a new Newcomer a'la Ridley...what I'm saying is that we're going to get big news about the Wii U version. News that that Sakurai expects to be more exciting amongst the fans than a trailer for Duck Hunt.

Sure, Duck Hunt will likely get a trailer, but I'm betting that Duck Hunt isn't the "big reveal" of the Direct...Sakurai would know how disappointing that would be.

Sakurai's leading us astray as always, and I for one am hyped for Thursday's Direct.
Duck Hunt Duo deconfirmed. Ridley and Hype Duo confirmed.

Datdashtho

Smash Rookie
Why are people so sure there are extra characters to be announced tmmrw? Even if there is dlc, it wont be until next year.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Ugh, just as I expected. We will see a duck hunt trailer tmrw. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a bowser jr trailer at the end aswell. Smh, as if no one would know the roster by now.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The people mad about Duck Hunt getting a trailer need to realize that character speculation died when the 3DS version released. If you were expecting system exclusive characters, then you were deluding yourselves.
Considering DLC, I hardly think character speculation will ever end anytime soon.:p

Why are people so sure there are extra characters to be announced tmmrw? Even if there is dlc, it wont be until next year.
I feel the same way.

2spongee4u

Smash Rookie
Uhhhh thanks Sakurai for the explanation of the zapper for a moment I thought somebody was just really salty and was going to shoot his screen.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
lol this thread is gold. I leave work in 3 minutes and the first thing I'm going to do when I get home is run upstairs, grab my 3DS, pull down my pants, and hit the toilet with duck hunt dog and hopefully run into d-idara

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I just want to say, I originally was very disappointed with the cuts of some Brawl characters (mainly Ice Climbers and Wolf) and was sad that some characters like Ridley, K. Rool and Mewtwo didn't make it in, but then I realized, a new Smash is out. A game I've waited YEARS for is finally in my hands and I'm enjoying the absolute hell out of it. The 3DS version is perfect to keep me occupied as I wait for the Wii U version. I love the reveal trailers for newcomers (in fact I've watched Shulk's, Little Mac's and Pac-Man's countless times) and I am sure I'll love DHD's and Bowser Jr.'s if he has one. Would I love it if Smash Wii U has more characters or we get character DLC? That isn't even a question. If we don't, I don't care. It's a new Smash Bros, appreciate what Sakurai made for all of us and don't complain about what isn't in the game.

Top Bottom