• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 22nd

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Wow, what a joke, screw the reveal trailer, I'm just going to wait to hear about dlc now.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The really sad thing if not even one of the big three make it in, the amount of negative input from fans will be unreal. The game itself will do well like Brawl did for reviews, but I feel like adding one or two of the most requested should have been at least mandatory. There just seems like there's some sort of arrogance or ignorance to this, that i'm not aware of, why not include them?

Gef

Smash Cadet
A lot of the fans do care, seeing as they're some of the most requested characters. Yeah we're buying the game, but fans of actually-wanted characters won't be 100% satisfied with the lackluster final product, I bet there's not going to be that many new stages because Sakurai's lazy like that. And the new stages we get are from lackluster games like Other M.
I think a majority of people would agree that the final product is NOT lackluster. Honestly, it seems to me to be the most polished smash game yet. So many things have been touched up and improved upon. The characters you wanted not getting in doesn't make it bad at all. I think the Pyrosphere stage looks super beautiful and is awesome. I guess we're just two people that disagree on everything haha. I will say I absolutely hate other M as a game, so maybe we agree on that. Also I want to say my comments earlier may have crossed the line onto personal insults, and I don't mean that. I'm sorry if it felt like that.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
for those bummed about a dhd trailer, just remember its just pic. we dont WHAT gonna come out of it.

my hope? 8 player smash reveal in :4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: trailer. :)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys whats with the complaints on this?

It does not mean the direct is going to end with this

For one no one can predict the man

And how do we know a its over 9000 type of update won't happen on this (a big surpise prooving the spain killer rumor real.)

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
I WONDER WHO IT COULD POSSIBLY BE? :O
So it's a bit late, but hey, the reveal trailers are cool so I'm still looking forward to it.

justinwing6202

Smash Cadet
NNID
justinwing
3DS FC
5026-5310-0665
Why do you care so much about names and pronouns with this fighter that you want people to stop saying "Duck Hunt Dog"? :confused:

Fighter name =/= Character name

Examples...

:4zss:
Fighter name: Zero Suit Samus
Character name: Samus

:4tlink:
Fighter name: Toon Link
Character name: Link

:4olimar:
Fighter name: Pikmin & Olimar
Character name: Olimar

:rosalina:
Fighter name: Rosalina & Luma
Character name: Rosalina

:4mii::4miif:
Fighter name: Mii Fighters
Character name: Mii

:4duckhunt:
Fighter name: Duck Hunt
Character name: Duck Hunt Dog

:popo:
Fighter name: Ice Climbers
Character name: Popo and Nana

:pt:
Fighter name: Pokemon Trainer
Character name: Red
DHD's name is Mr.Peepers, even then they are the Duck Hunt Duo (which is a better name)

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
When did I imply that I was listening to you? I'll buy the game alright, but it won't be 10/10, it'll be 7/10 at best if Sakurai really has some cool modes up his sleeve, one point docked for each of the big three missing.

Your dog is in the game, you could try not being annoying about it, maybe the person with the NES Zapper realizes they're playing a crappy game and they go play some Super Metroid.
This guy gives Ridley supporters a bad name. I wanted the big three, but guess who the most popular characters are in Japan Megaman, Shulk, and Mewtwo. Okay we didn't get Mewtwo, but that's one character. The U.S. and Europe got Little Mac, Japan sees him the same way we see Shulk (I've played very little Xenoblade, but so far it's an awesome game I have absolutely no idea how popular he is in Europe). At least Ridley has a high chance for next game. My favorite nintendo character Torterra has no chance despite being a grass type starter which is the only starter type we don't have yet. Ridley was my most wanted possible character, hasn't even been deconfirmed, and people are starting to hate his fans even more and more.
Oh and to D-idara stop hating on other characters an individual didn't get in over Ridley. Every single newcomer got in over him. Just grow up and stop obsessing this much over something that won't matter ten years from now. Sakurai has no excuse for the annoying bosses, yes, but you haven't even seen the Wii U modes. I guaranty you that the Wii U modes will be a lot more fun with friends. You're making us look like toddlers who cry when they can't play with their favorite toy, but have all their other ones.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
There go my main. There gonna show them and...

(:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: show them as confirm...)

Well next time:4duckhunt:. but it happen...
Oh, my god! Not only do we get Duck Hunt, but that hand must be...

Captain N Zaps the Competition!
This guy need to appear in the end of the trailer.
:4zss: now feel envy for him because, this guy Zap better and did it First!
With other nintendo characters.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I won't buy Smash 4, If Sakurai, refuses to listen to the biggest fan bases, and trolls us with stupid characters that NOBODYwanted (Doctor Mario, Dark Pit, WFT), then I am done, with Smash, might as well go PS4, AT LEAST SONY LISTENS TO US!!!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really don't care if like a fighter or not.
I don't care...

However, there is no need to request something so dumb.

But whatever, :4bowserjr:isn't going to have a trailer, so I hope your happy.
Also Ridley isn't haveing a trailer also
I never said anything about Ridley whatsoever. In fact, I really don't care about him anyways.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I won't buy Smash 4, If Sakurai, refuses to listen to the biggest fan bases, and trolls us with stupid characters that NOBODYwanted (Doctor Mario, Dark Pit, WFT), then I am done, with Smash, might as well go PS4, AT LEAST SONY LISTENS TO US!!!
Are we supposed to care?

Dark Emperor Hardin

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't it be easier to get the game because it's fun rather than because (character name) isn't in it and (character name) is? I asked for people I didn't get, I also didn't like Dark Pit's inclusion. I still purchased the game and I think it is very fun. Why is it that a few inclusions/absences hinders your liking for this game to the point in which you won't buy it? You still have brilliant customization, gameplay modes, and over 100 challenges.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Wouldn't it be easier to get the game because it's fun rather than because (character name) isn't in it and (character name) is? I asked for people I didn't get, I also didn't like Dark Pit's inclusion. I still purchased the game and I think it is very fun. Why is it that a few inclusions/absences hinders your liking for this game to the point in which you won't buy it? You still have brilliant customization, gameplay modes, and over 100 challenges.
True, but there's some big problems, one of them is overepresentation of undeserving IP's, Fire Emblem is niche outside of Japan, and Kid Icarus, is a flavor of the month IP, that probably won't have another game for a long time

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
Sakurai can do what he wants also i asked ror dr. mario

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Sakurai can do what he wants also i asked ror dr. mario
That kind of attitude will lead to problems, Sakurai should HAVE know that Dark Pit would have been hated,Dark Pit is popular in Japan?!!!, I COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING HORSES TUCUS IF HE WAS POPULAR IN KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN, HE DOESN'T ADD ANYTHING TO WARRANT BEING IN SMASH, NOR DOES KID ICARUS DESERVE THREE REPS!!!, That kind of doing whatever they want attitude is why Wii U has been a failure, Nintendo did it to themselves

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Its pronounced RIDLEY. You need to add a BIG to it. Besides if there is ever DLC it will be MewTwo. I had hopes for RIDLEY, but Sakurai even stated that RIDLEY woud be too big. Besides the 3DS cant handle him. The reason Olimar has 3 Pikmin is not to nerf him, but 6 Pikmin would be too much for the 3DS. And the Pikmin are low quality 2D sprites. Ice Climbers couldnt be in cause the 3DS couldnt handle it.Imagine 4 or 8 RIDLEYSon Yoshi's. It will never happen. Its OK. Sakurai broke my heart too. :(
The Pikmin are not sprites.

Sakurai never said tha Ridley was too big. When asked, he said it could work.

Don't be ridiculous. Ridley's size wouldn't be a problem for the 3DS. It's not like his model can't physically fit into the game. Idk that doesn't quite make sense.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
He works his *** off to finish this game for you ungrateful people and you guys are still asking for more? C'mon man, I'm sure we'll get future characters as DLC soon. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrows Direct. I'm pretty sure we will all be surprised with what is going to be announced tomorrow. :grin:
I'm not defending anybody's behavior, but it's not that we're asking for more. It's that we've wanted this character in since Melee and we still haven't seen him playable.

It's not that the roster isn't "big" (lol) enough, it's that we have wanted Ridley in. Specifically.

That kind of attitude will lead to problems, Sakurai should HAVE know that Dark Pit would have been hated,Dark Pit is popular in Japan?!!!, I COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING HORSES TUCUS IF HE WAS POPULAR IN KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN, HE DOESN'T ADD ANYTHING TO WARRANT BEING IN SMASH, NOR DOES KID ICARUS DESERVE THREE REPS!!!, That kind of doing whatever they want attitude is why Wii U has been a failure, Nintendo did it to themselves
If you actually think that adding more content to a game, needed or not, is a part of why the WiiU is failing, you are unfortunately misguided.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The Pikmin are not sprites.

Sakurai never said tha Ridley was too big. When asked, he said it could work.

Don't be ridiculous. Ridley's size wouldn't be a problem for the 3DS. It's not like his model can't physically fit into the game. Idk that doesn't quite make sense.
As for Krystal or K Rool, they could easily have worked on 3Ds, Sakurai bias

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
As for Krystal or K Rool, they could easily have worked on 3Ds, Sakurai bias
I wouldn't mind the "Sakurai bias" if the 3rd Kid Icarus rep were an entirely different character. Medusa would have been a cool choice. Hades, even. Medusa would still be cooler.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind the "Sakurai bias" if the 3rd Kid Icarus rep were an entirely different character. Medusa would have been a cool choice. Hades, even. Medusa would still be cooler.
Yes, but I really believe that Fire Emblem doesn't deserve four fighters, it's niche outside of Japan

passworddots

Smash Rookie
Are you supposed to be a Wisenheimer?!!!, I am livid because of too much Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem, I am livid at Sakurai listening to Japan, even though America is a bigger market
Japan actually likes Nintendo more than America; and Sakurai, like many of the other big names in Nintendo, is Japanese.

Even so, they listened to the fan base to bring us Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic, Palutena, Rosalina, Wario, Bowser Jr, Shulk, Little Mac, and character customization, as well as a dedication to competitive smashers by working on roster balance (time will tell if it IS) and wonderful FD alternatives.

I'll miss Wolf...

But I've still got Brawl; I don't have to throw it away.

I want K. Rool, he'd be amazing...but business is business.

And I think Ridley being a playable character actually degrades him more than being left out. I feel the same way about Ganondorf, to an extent. You've got a huge, menacing, arch-nemesis who instills fear into you as you come up on the boss fight..the fights are hard, and it's built up, and your character's success in the story is hinging on this fight...then you pop in Smash and get to watch that once harrowing nemesis clap his hands in consolation, as second place to 1-on-1 match, over and over again.

I don't want to see the great and mysterious Ridley be brought down to that...wearing bunny ears, getting knocked flat by Master Hand...it diminishes his stature as something to fear.

Anyway, these trailers will be great. We may not get any cutscenes like these on the WiiU, so I'm happy to see a few more before the release.

Besides, people, if we're going to be hoping for newcomers...I haven't seen a Captain Syrup trophy...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Japan actually likes Nintendo more than America; and Sakurai, like many of the other big names in Nintendo, is Japanese.

Even so, they listened to the fan base to bring us Mega Man, Pac-Man, Sonic, Palutena, Rosalina, Wario, Bowser Jr, Shulk, Little Mac, and character customization, as well as a dedication to competitive smashers by working on roster balance (time will tell if it IS) and wonderful FD alternatives.

I'll miss Wolf...

But I've still got Brawl; I don't have to throw it away.

I want K. Rool, he'd be amazing...but business is business.

And I think Ridley being a playable character actually degrades him more than being left out. I feel the same way about Ganondorf, to an extent. You've got a huge, menacing, arch-nemesis who instills fear into you as you come up on the boss fight..the fights are hard, and it's built up, and your character's success in the story is hinging on this fight...then you pop in Smash and get to watch that once harrowing nemesis clap his hands in consolation, as second place to 1-on-1 match, over and over again.

I don't want to see the great and mysterious Ridley be brought down to that...wearing bunny ears, getting knocked flat by Master Hand...it diminishes his stature as something to fear.

Anyway, these trailers will be great. We may not get any cutscenes like these on the WiiU, so I'm happy to see a few more before the release.

Besides, people, if we're going to be hoping for newcomers...I haven't seen a Captain Syrup trophy...
Well, my favorite potential newcomer already has a trophy, even though it's a franchise that is getting a new game next year and could really use the promotionn

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Yes, but I really believe that Fire Emblem doesn't deserve four fighters, it's niche outside of Japan
Lucina was a mistake. If she replaced Marth, fine, but Marth is a fan favourite. Robin made sense because he comes from the Fire Emblem game that sold the most in America, so her inclusion fit.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068

Finally a good argument against ridley. You almost convinced me. I do find it unnerving when Ganondorf chokes Ganondorf. The cool thing behind choking them and holding them up is that it shows how much stronger and powerful you are than them. Seeing Ganon do that is weird.

Either way, I'm glad he's in. The only way I could think to fix certain things like this is to really show personality. Winning quotes, lots of flair, harsh taunts from villains. Ridley shouldn't even clap. He should be looking on as if he could've won.

Things like the choking and the bunny ears really have no solution. It must be hard for Nintendo to incorporate villains because of htat.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying since practically my first post to Smashboards. The entire appeal of Ridley is his intimidation, and he has a shroud of anonymity to thank for that. What exactly is he? A space pirate, sure, but why have we never seen another like him? What are his motives? What are his thoughts? Why is he trying to rip my face off?

Somehow, taking the most terrifying murderbeast Nintendo has to offer and handing the player the reins kills it, and you've mentioned some great examples why. If it's what the fans want though, then hey, it could happen.

Either way, DHD deserves none of the trash talked on him today. He's an amazing character, he's lived way longer than any dog rightfully should, and he's more than worthy of a slot on the roster. Don't take it out on him that Ridley hasn't been revealed (yet).

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
entitlement.
Whoa! Careful there. You just summed up the whole thread in one logical word. But in all honesty, the ball is literally in the air until that stream comes out tomorrow.

You know, I have been thinking about that with Midna since HW came out. It's just ball-breaking I have to farm materials off of her. Just imaging beating her up in Smash Bros kinda irks me now. Heck, you can actually do that to her and most ATs in this version of Smash Bros. So yeah, I do see character would be hampered by this if certain epic characters were to be in this game series.

And guys, remember how Mewtwo played out so well as the "ultimate Pokemon" in Melee? Not terrible but clearly not clone battle worthy like Spacies, Sheik and Marth (not counting P:M nor Brawl because he wasn't officially in either of them aside from "almost done.")

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I still am angry about Sakurai's trolling, it's not funny, not mature, and not professional, Sakurai calls us childish, If Ridley is not going to be playable, at least say why,

Top Bottom