• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Why is the Ken leak between being taken so seriously when the Banjo screencap leak with no found preexisting render got dismissed so fast?
Which Banjo leak are you talking about? I know a few where the "proof" of it being fake was kinda iffy.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well, I gotta go for a few hours. Hopefully theres an update by then.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why is the Ken leak between being taken so seriously when the Banjo screencap leak with no found preexisting render got dismissed so fast?
Which Banjo Leak? there have been so many. Show me an image...
Isn’t that the sequel to the Emoji Movie?
At least Wreck it Ralph 2 Seems to have more dignity than the Emoji Movie
Emoji Movie is legitimately the worst movie I've ever seen.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
If you are refering to that leak with Anges, it was also made by same dude but I don't really know if it was him or not.

Chrono.

I'm guessing it was the Banjo render where he had freckles on his snout.

It popped up around the same time as the Agnes stuff but it wasn't a part of it.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the Ken guy got terminated already. Hm.

If not, then I hope he turns up soon with a character that no one expects.

Like a character with silver-white hair. That fights with Dual Swords and Dual Guns. And is voiced by Caitlin Glass.

Elma pls.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Couldn't tell you, re: Banjo.

As for believing the Ken leak? Yes, I do. COULD it be fake? Certainly. However, look at the sheer number of details the image got right.

Feet clip through sloped floors. The shadows are very close to identical in the 're-creation from the demo' image versus what the leak image had. UI behavior is plausible and relatively in line with other Smash games. Ken being in as a Ryu echo is entirely sensible in terms of fan appeal, amount of developer effort required, etc.

Thus we are left with two scenarios.

1: The image is fake, but the person took the time to research a plausible candidate, research feet sloping through floors, got a clean image of Ivysaur to work with despite the fact most people only have access to public-event demo builds (direct capture footage exists, but not all THAT much of it), researched how shadows and lighting worked and got them all correct (or very close to correct) for 4 different characters, faked a developer-build user interface on the side, faked changes to UI icons, and did it all on a stage that is new to Smash Ultimate. Then he got it to look like a magazine article's photo. Convincingly. The amount of time and skill required for this is tremendous, for relatively little pay-off other than maybe impressing potential employers.

OR

2: Everything matches up as well as it does because it is real.

I'm not saying scenario 1 is impossible. I am saying the amount of evidence favoring scenario 2 is so high that it passes a reasonable threshold, and believing scenario 2 requires far, far fewer assumptions than believing scenario 1 does. So, yes, I believe Ken is in Smash and have sound reasoning for it.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Holy Moly there are like a billion 4chan posts claiming to be the guy... All of them link to memes...
This is getting out of hand

D

Deleted member

He seems surprisingly calm and polite for a 4chan user. Ah well, moving on.

Gonna be interesting to see how the Ken leak plays out. I would be surprised if all this person got was a photo of Ken, but I guess anything is possible. It's just...why leak only Ken? Most leakers would go for something big, like showing off Incineroar or Steve or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Gonna be interesting to see how the Ken leak plays out. I would be surprised if all this persona got was a photo of Ken, but I guess anything is possible. It's just...why leak only Ken? Most leakers would go for something big, like showing off Incineroar or Steve or something.
The reason I think this individual has nothing more to share is just that; it was Ken that they leaked. I'm almost positive that if they were able they would have leaked somebody more shocking, or even the whole roster.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm guessing it was the Banjo render where he had freckles on his snout.

It popped up around the same time as the Agnes stuff but it wasn't a part of it.
Yeah, that one I'm still slightly unsure about. It was great quality but there were some images that claimed to find the source of the original render but still didn't convince me. Someone should run one of those programs on it to check for manipulation.

Holy Moly there are like a billion 4chan posts claiming to be the guy... All of them link to memes...
This is getting out of hand
And it's going to continue until people forget about it.

Seriously guys, don't just believe every person that claims to be the Stanley guy. It's 4chan, 90% of people are ****ing with you.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199

Gonna be interesting to see how the Ken leak plays out. I would be surprised if all this person got was a photo of Ken, but I guess anything is possible. It's just...why leak only Ken? Most leakers would go for something big, like showing off Incineroar or Steve or something.
Beats me, I don't know why he decided to leak ken other than any unknown characters is very beside me. From look of it, I'll say that ken was available for playtesting and any characters that were high priority to Sakurai is keep wrapped in secret.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
As far as "Why only Ken" goes... there are an infinite number of scenarios that explain it.

The most obvious one would be "only had a split-second to safely grab ONE piece of evidence, grabbed whatever was right in front of them and ran with it."

Another could be "leaker wants to create a news cycle of their own, trickling info out to us over several days to maintain excitement; more leaks to be forthcoming."

I am, of course, guessing. These ideas nonetheless explain it to some extent.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
This guy on discord is claiming to have made the 4chan post we linked to debunk it.

He's not joking.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Maybe because he was already leaked by verge... So he felt confident to leak him. Also, he seems to be just an echo... If he Leaked Incineroar or flipping Steve, I'm pretty sure that he would have been in much more trouble...

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
The reason I think this individual has nothing more to share is just that; it was Ken that they leaked. I'm almost positive that if they were able they would have leaked somebody more shocking, or even the whole roster.
Yeah, I think the Ken pic is all we're getting for now.
Unless somehow it's like the ESRB leak with multiple pictures floating around between different people, then there's a possibility that we'll see more.
However, I think if there was more, I think the floodgates would've already been opened at this point. Or maybe not, who knows.

I'm just not expecting much more in all honesty.

Potato_

Smash Lord
This guy on discord is claiming to have made the 4chan post we linked to debunk it.

He's not joking.
So basically I was right and it was another Stanley faker? Or is this guy claiming to be the original Stanley leaker?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Oh god, this is gonna be a circus all day long. It seems like the real deal has decided to torch the community and run. I would not expect any word from them. Ever.

Last edited:

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
So basically I was right and it was another Stanley faker? Or is this guy claiming to be the original Stanley leaker?
It's another stanley faker. We asked him if he made the original "leak" and he said no.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm a little worried about the fact we only got Ken leaked, as he is one of the two newcomers we were already pretty confident about. Any other echo would've deconfirmed the box theory right there, but this leak only reinforces it.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's possible Ken got leaked because maybe there's a Nintendo direct currently being put together and someone may have access to the footage. Ken may get revealed as an echo and it may be a part of a reel for him. It's possible Ken was the least risky character to leak, perhaps maybe there's a lot of people involved with certain aspects of the direct so less risk of getting fired over it.. that's the reason Ken may have gotten leaked and not a bigger character.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
It's another stanley faker. We asked him if he made the original "leak" and he said no.
I mean the leak is dead at this point, so I guess it doesn't really matter who it was at this point, right?

Unless some how there is something legitimate that comes out from this, then ****.

I'm a little worried about the fact we only got Ken leaked, as he is one of the two newcomers we were already pretty confident about. Any other echo would've deconfirmed the box theory right there, but this leak only reinforces it.
This does nothing for the box theory.
It doesn't reinforce it or deconfirm it.
The only thing it supports for right now is Verge's claims, and even then, those aren't the death nail on the roster.
Verge didn't leak K. Rool or any of the echo fighters, people need to keep that in mind, also there's supposed to be another SE character on the way.

The box theory relies on two characters, not a specific set of two characters.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It's possible Ken got leaked because maybe there's a Nintendo direct currently being put together and someone may have access to the footage. Ken may get revealed as an echo and it may be a part of a reel for him. It's possible Ken was the least risky character to leak, perhaps maybe there's a lot of people involved with certain aspects of the direct so less risk of getting fired over it.. that's the reason Ken may have gotten leaked and not a bigger character.
What kind of reel has the debug menu on...?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
What made you say that? If he's less risky character to leak and then I might see reason for guy to leak ken on 4chan, so he won't be in trouble at all or wanting to make sure if no one isn't expecting any pictures of unrevealed characters to pop up on internet.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
This is the weirdest part for me. If you're a tester/dev, there's no goddamn way you'd leave that on. It'd just provide more ways for them to trace it back to you.

Part of me is wondering if this leak was even staged somehow. There's too many weird things about it that make me question WHY a leaker who wouldn't want to be caught would include.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I mean the leak is dead at this point, so I guess it doesn't really matter who it was at this point, right?

Unless some how there is something legitimate that comes out from this, then ****.

This does nothing for the box theory.
It doesn't reinforce it or deconfirm it.
The only thing it supports for right now is Verge's claims, and even then, those aren't the death nail on the roster.
Verge didn't leak K. Rool or any of the echo fighters, people need to keep that in mind, also there's supposed to be another SE character on the way.

The box theory relies on two characters, not a specific set of two characters.
No, it relies on unique newcomer and Ken specifically

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well I didn't realize there was a debug menu on the photo I haven't analyzed every tiny aspect of it... I've just seen it at a glance.. but it's certainly possible they could use the debug mode to get some shots they want for character reels.. some of the timing of certain things that happen in the various reels can be hard to do properly like having all character's taunt in perfect unison or whatever so maybe they use the debug mode to set actions for things to get the perfect shot. I'm not familiar with the technical aspects of game design so speculating to the best of my ability. . So excuse me for being mistaken.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
No text leaks are leaks--they're rumors. Even Verge's, though he's proven his credibility to be taken seriously. I did not expect anything, if anything, I expect more like the Ken leak, as that one might be legitimate and if they have access to a build, there could be more. And it's a picture, not text, so it's got more going for it than the Stanley one. Unless there was another Stanley one I missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom